Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joyous June

Good morning...

June is my favorite weather month of the year! What is so rare as a day in June? Then if ever come perfect days. Lovely weather here in the midwest for sure.

Regarding my cat, she is very stubborn, sees something outside from time to time and freaks out. She is not sick, just a pain in the a##. She wants to go outside, and she is an inside cat, period. So, it was a weird thing, but if it happens again, I will have to figure something out. Thanks for caring. I was really upset.

Cyn, hope you are OK, and things are going well. Hope to hear from you soon.

Pauly, how are you doing, hope you are able to sleep a little more and feel some healing. I love this thread too, but over the years we have lost people, so now are we down to three or four only. It is nice to have a close circle of friends to vent, discuss, process whatever is going on in our lives. And of course the alcohol piece too, the part that brought us together in the first place.

Lav, that is so sad about Curves, darn it. I am making friends at my exercise place and going out to lunch with a group next week so know what you mean about socializing. Very important for us as we are not working outside our homes right now. Or maybe ever. I am liking having my time to myself more and more but it is summer too and I am able to be outside when I want. I went to the pool yesterday for about an hour, no swimming the water is too cold, but it was nice to sit outside in the sun and read a book. Nice that you and YB were able to make the chickies a playground, may they lay more eggs.

Have a great AF Thursday!!!!!! In the lovely month of June.

Re: Joyous June

Morning friends,Star,I'm not a cat person,I tried but I just don't bond with them like I do with dogs,weird cuz as a little girl I adored cats! I've been keeping Dottie my grandpuppy overnight for the past few nights, she's been my therapy dog since Winslow's been acting weird,funny cuz I think maybe he sensed Jon's death cuz he started acting depressed and mopey in that Sunday,I didn't feel it but maybe he did? Who knows,,where's Cyn? I'm starting to worry,I know she's not drinking but hopefully everything's ok,I know she's a busy woman,I hope my posts haven't been keeping her away cuz they've been downers,Lav,I'm sorry about Curves that really sucks,hey maybe arrange a walking group with some of your Curves friends? You can always drive to town and meet up,probably not practical, just trying to think of stuff,wishing us all a peaceful AF Thursday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening friends!

Welcome to June & thanks for the startup Star.
      It was a beautiful day here & I got to spend a good deal of time outside clipping overgrown butterfly bushes & pulling some weeds. There is a whole lot more of that waiting to be done so I hope the weather holds.

Star, it just feels so weird knowing that I can't go to Curves any more. It had become a real habit, a healthy habit!
      I'm glad you are finding social outlets, they're important! I'll keep my eyes & ears open to new possibilities for the same. My young teenage chicks are happy as clams out in their little yard, ha ha!! I hope your cat has found his happy place by now

Pauly, I am going to stay on touch with the Curves owner. She lives about 30 minutes away from me so I told her I expect her to meet me for lunch once in a while, ha ha. She's real nice & exactly the same age as me. The rest of the members are spread out in all directions so it would be kinda hard to gather them, who knows? That's what I get for wanting cows & horses for neighbors 14 years ago, ha ha!
      Have fun dog sitting!

Cyn, I sure hope you are OK friend :hug:

Have a peaceful night everyone. I have been asked to watch my grandsons tomorrow evening for a few hours - should be fun.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello all -
        So sorry that I have been away from the thread - I have been in motion since Sunday morning, and tried a couple of times to write posts on the train but they were lost and I didn't have the energy to deal. Dear Pauly, nothing any of you could say could keep me away from this thread!!! I am just so sorry that my posts of support didn't reach you - I finally looked quickly at FB for a sec this morning, and I saw your absolutely beautiful, heart wrenching post about your brother. You wrote so deeply, it was very moving.

Star, I had the same thought that Lav did, sometimes illness or infection can make bad behavior get even worse. So sorry about starting your day that way -- please watch the bite site carefully, I know of people who have come down with big infections after cat bites and scratches. So glad to hear that you are enjoying the summer, happy June.

Lav, what a story about YBs hand! That sounds like something that would happen to me, lol. I hope (for your sake) that he feels better soon. So sorry about Curves, that's really sad. I liked Pauly's idea about a walking club, even if it 's just in good weather.

So the short version of the story is that SD came on Sunday and we had a long day together. Then that night/early morning girl dog had a major version of her previous episodes, but much worse and even longer. At one point in the middle of the night (a holiday of course) I was thinking we would have to drive the 2 hours to the emergency vet and say goodbye to her. But we made it through the night and it was touch and go through Monday. I had a very very very difficult job in NYC for Tuesday and Wednesday; I had to be on the 5:45 AM train both days, after only a few hours of sleep. Anyway, thanks to HB really stepping up and thanks to our vet trusting us with pain meds, our pup is making some progress. With the masses in her, I know we won't have long, but at least my schedule is better now and I can be with her more. That feels better to me. So crazy days as always, and a lot of fatigue. But this weekend should have some time for at least getting some plants out on the deck if nothing else.

Wishing all a sweet restful night and a wonderful AF Friday. And by the way, Rabbit Rabbit! Thanks for starting us, Star.

Comment

X-post, Lav!! Sorry I didn't finish my post sooner so that you know I am OK. I started to post, then got interrupted about a million times, naturally. Oh well, at least I didn't lose the post!! Thanks all for your concern.

Comment

Good morning...

Cyn, good to hear from you, wow, you are busy. So sorry about your dog, you are the most loving of pet mothers. Glad your schedule will ease up. Hope your weather is warming up, planting is so satisfying.

Lav, nice you get to babysit today, enjoy. Enjoy. It would be hard to live in the country with less choices, but you do get to have chickens! And privacy. I went out to dinner with my neighbor yesterday, so working on making friends where I can. We are going to start walking her dogs at 5 most nights of the week next week, so more exercise for me! I need it.

Pauly, what happened to you was shared with us as it should have been. I was not sick of it at all, just very sorry that happened to you and your family. You have handled it with grace and dignity, supportive of yourself and others and most importantly, stayed AF. Very proud of you and what a great example you are for all on this thread.

Another beautiful day, 80s and sunny, will take a yoga class, then going to hit some golf balls. We are changing up our diet to vegan, my husband is having BP issues, so new recipes to discover, starting today. Wish me luck! Have a great Friday.

Comment

Morning friends,Cyn wonderful to see you Lav how great that you get to watch the boys! Star,good luck on the vegan I don't think I'd last 1 day,one of my coworkers did it for 28 days and she lost 15 lbs,she's heavy though so you couldn't tell a huge difference but I could tell a little, yesterday was very hard,it was the first time all week that I started tearing up while doing haircuts,came home tried to lay down,got up and just felt so empty,Kell and Louie came over and we cried together, it's hard cuz I want to be there for her too but then I'm sad too,her stupid boyfriend thinks she should be over it by now,cries we only found out a week ago!?!? Latin men are so different in their views I swear,he acts like he's the boss of her and her emotions eff that!,anyway wishing us all a nice AF Friday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening friends!

Had a nice day but didn't get to watch the boys after all. My son suddenly remembered something they had planned to do with the kids so I was canceled, ha ha.
                YB & I ended driving the 20 minutes r so it takes to get to the Chesapeake bay area & had a really nice seafood lunch, outdoors, overlooking the water

Cyn, glad to see you, figured you were tied up with a lot going on. I hope your dog continues to feel better. I know how hard it is to see them suffer. I have to make arrangements to get our vet to come to the house to see Maxie again this month for her annual checkup. The other dog I will just take into the office.
                Glad you are getting the nice weather too, May was so darn damp & chilly!

Star, keep sending the nice weather this way - much appreciated
                Other that enjoying the seafood once in a while, I could be a very happy vegan. The Forks Over Knives recipes are awesome as are the millions of vegan recipes on the internet. I hope the eating plan is helpful to your husband. Is he on medication as well? I couldn't believe how fast the hypertension came on for me. Normal all my life then turning 50 & BOOM, the B/P & cholesterol both shot up. I really think it was hormone driven for me. Have you watched the FoK movie? It's good! Glad you found a walking partner too.

Pauly, we all grieve in our own way & in our own time. I think I would tell that young man to STFU - seriously. No one should dictate to others like that
                If he doesn't understand that you & Kell need more time, that's his problem. Try to keep your thoughts positive & know that in time you will find peace with all this.

Well, I guess I'll have to see if I can get the kids to come over sometime this weekend. Their mother can stay home, that works for me, LOL
                Have a nice night.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning...

Lav, sorry you did not get to see our grandsons, but the outdoor lunch sounded wonderful! I have always wanted to go the the Chesapeake Bay area, it is beautiful. Changing to vegan is ok so far, lots of good recipes, I like to eat so finding things I like is not a problem. My husband has had high BP for years, he is on two medications. Obviously they are not working so we need to make lifestyle changes. I do want to see the FoK movie, so will look it up on you tube. Getting the books today.

Pauly, so sorry you are in the midst of grief, but good you have family to grief with. I think Kell's boyfriend is uncomfortable seeing his partner so sad, so reacts in anger. It is easier sometimes to be angry than to be understanding. Take care.

Hello to Cyn.

Have a great AF Saturday.

Comment

Morning friends,Star,I hear you on that,anger has been part of my coping mechanism with all of this too but I need to let that go,glad the vegan way is working and hubs is on board too not much to say this morn so a quick wave to Cyn and Lav and wishes for a nice AF Saturday

Comment

Morning all - well, I am outside on the deck with the dogs... girl dog decided that she wanted a little sun , so hopped up on the loveseat. Honestly, she never ceases to amaze me. She's still very 'unwell' but doesn't seems to notice. I am still sleeping on a pad with sleeping bag at night next to her crate - easier to give middle of the night meds, but this older body is starting to complain a little...

Pauly - isn't it strange how the grief comes up at unexpected times? I say to go ahead and feel whatever you feel, and share that with Kell, that seems very healing. Star maybe right, the BF is afraid of what he can't control... sending you light ---

Star, that's great news about walking the dog! What a perfect, low-stress way to form a bond and enjoy the good weather at the same time. Have fun! I will look for a favorite vegan site of mine, I think it is 'hurry the food up', amazing lentil salad recipes and tons of other stuff, and all of them come with interesting nutritional info and accurate time to prepare, love that. And do you follow Cookie and Kate? Beautiful food there.

Lav, sorry about the boys, but your lunch sounds divine! I wish we were closer to some big water... but in the meantime there's a small lake close by... I'll try to get there soon. I loved the description of your teenage chickens having their own 'room'!

Well today I finally have no clients, so there is time to catch up on my writing job and some housework... what a wild week this has been. SD is coming back tomorrow to drop off her little dog, we are taking care of The dog's ''cousin' until Thursday. I hope all things remain stable....

Wishing all a light-filled Saturday ----

Comment

Good evening friends!

Another nice day here, love this weather
                        Son & grandsons came by for a visit this afternoon, ha ha! The boys were excited because they had a cub scout event to go to tonight. It's good to see them maturing & happy. EB has grown SO tall I can almost rest my chin on top of his head - how did that happen?? Crazy spring growth spurts, ha ha!

Star, watching sodium intake is at the top of the list for managing hypertension, but I'm sure you know that. Getting away from processed foods helps a lot, it's all loaded with salt.
                        One take out Chinese meal used to put me out of commission for days.....can't handle the high sodium soy sauce & MSG
                        Once again I made a pot of low sodium vegan noodle soup for dinner today & even YB loves it. You just have to keep trying recipes & tweaking them to suit your needs. Soon you will have an arsenal of fav recipes.

Pauly, I hope your day went well & you are feeling stronger :hug:

Cyn, as a matter of fact I was up twice last night with Maxie so I feel your pain. These poor dogs & poor us too.
                        Good luck with your pup sitting, it's always a blast having 'company', ha ha. I hope you were able to catch up with things today as planned.

Wishing everyone a peaceful night. Once again we are hearing about yet another terrorist attack in London, so sad.

Lav
                        Last edited by Lavande; June 3, 2017, 08:32 PM.
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning friends,just wishing us all a nice AF Sunday

Comment

Greetings friends,

Hi Pauly!

Where's Star & Cyn today?

Nothing major happening here but we did make a little progress on the pergola project. Tomorrow the rain moves in so it will be a good time to catch up on indoor projects.
                            Have a peaceful night everyone, thinking of the folks in London.

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning...

We had an overnight guest Saturday, and were kept so busy, no time for the computer. Two year olds are like whirlwinds, but so fun.

Cyn, I will try that website and see what I can find for recipes, just experimenting right now. Sorry your dog is so sick, take care.

Lav, glad your grandsons came over for a visit, I am sure you enjoyed seeing them. I have alot to learn and experiment with vegan but have made a decent start. Nice that the pergola is coming along.

Pauly, take care and hope your week is easier.

Lots of stuff to do around the house today after exercise. Really hot and humid today, summer has arrived. Have a good one.

Comment

Working...
                              X