Thursday 2 June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday 2 June

Hi folks might as well start the thread today. It seems we will go to weekly on Sunday - thats the consensus. Probably Mick or I will be up first but if we arent or if others want to they can start the weekly thread.
    You enjoy the greenhouse Mick. When I was in San Diego I was amazed at how much work my friends who were 'retired' had done on their garden. I just cant muster enthusiasm for gardening myself - probably also as I have a lot of other stuff going on. Including THE RETURN OF THE RATS. Mr GB did not block up all the holes and so we have another small invasion. I hope we can kill this off and then I will pay someone to close the gaps as best as can be done. The other mini-crisis is my daughter's student permit for Norway - but we will sort this out. I am being an emigration consultant this week.
    Pauly - maybe keep the anniversary low-key but just do what you feel like. As you say we have to keep going because what are the alternatives? Small steps - and keep posting!
    Det - I guess your silence on the thread was an indicator that you hit it big time. When do you think the urge to drink set in? Was it before the weekend or during it? Take care and hydrate - you know the drill. Get those face to face support structures going. There needs to be a way you build a Trump type wall between you and the booze.
    Sam - good to see you and that was quite a long post.
    PQ - hope you are not working too hard.
    Hi there others - Snoop, Lav, Pie.

I am watching Season 5 of House of Cards on Netflix - just an episode a night - its OTT but lots of 'fun' - and chillingly close to current events.
    Be good and remember that we start weekly on Sunday.
    Last edited by treetops; June 1, 2017, 03:00 PM.

Re: Thursday 2 June

thank you TTops (official emigration consultant). gosh I really don't even know when I started getting into a troubled mind. I've been so lousy at figuring out my own
    emotions that I just don't know. All I know is that I'm sad i missed therapy this week and really need to make the next one which I'm sure I will as I'm back on track
    even though still a bit shaky and certainly deflated.

thanks for the update on the thread changes, I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Pauly, thanks for reaching out

just wishing you all the very best of days

be well loves
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Actually it's Friday 3 today so I got this date wrong too

Comment

mornin all whether its thurs fri or even saturday..its 5.09 am here and Im up jotting about..going down to sil house today to do a bit more in her garden...want to see if I can get to the stage of just needing to lay turf topsoil and plant borders..Ive got to sort out my toms and big pot them today...here is a list of the varieties I grew...Marmande ,Orcado,Mountain Magic,Heinz,Black Russian,Tumbling Tom,Yellow Pearl,Sweet Aperitif,Aramatico SanAntonio and Cristal..so need to work out pots,cordons and vines..the weather is on the change its going to pour down..
        Julies dad is at the docs again today..more blood tests...the doc also thinks he may be suffering from severe depression too..ok going to make a brew who s in?

hiya tt...cheers for the start up..hows the rat pack doin?I enjoy gardening..my trouble is I nebver take the time to sit back and enjoy it...I always have to be doing something

det nice to see you again...its kind of a pattern now that when you go missing odds are you are on one..one day the penny will drop..just got to get to that one day ...

yo snoopster how are you this fine day?all good I hope..

hiya Sam..me neither...I have heard tell of electronic peeps and bots but...it doesnt make a right lot of sense to me..shindig time this weekend?

hi pauly ..hows you then?hey whats with the pressies for the anniversary? he has got you ..thats good enuff ....(thats my bestest line used up!!)yep I think it wouldnt do your dad any harm to move on,those ball flowers are called alliums...

hiya ppqp...hows you today then?get a good sleep?dont overdo the work thingy...says he..

hi pie..how are you doing then?all well ?hows your dad doing?

hi Lav ..how are you today then?all ok..Well the rabbits are just going to have to get on now ..smashed the other hutch up last night..brew time..its 5.45 now and the rabbits are out ..they love being out int the morning really early..

right good folks have a good one ....

After weeks of receiving non-stop phone calls from a double glazing company I've finally got them to stop, I've agreed to have one of their conservatory's fitted.
        I can't wait to see the look on the fckers faces when they turn up and realise I live in a top-floor flat.

Just seen that there's a nudist convention on in town next week...

Might go if I've got nothing on.

In the betting shop and my friend told me to put all my money on a horse named Landfill..

Turns out it was a rubbish tip.

I'm giving away a free gate.

Honestly, there's no catch.

After giving my son two karate lessons, he said he didn't want any more.

Still, at least I got my car washed and my fence painted.

I’ll tell you what often gets overlooked.

Garden fences.

How do you cut the Roman Empire in half?

With a pair of Caesars!

Last year, I joined a group for anti social people.

We haven't met yet.

I hate spelling errors.

You mix up two letters and your whole post is urined.

5 years ago, I married Miss Right.

Unfortunately, her first name is "Always."

Shop assistant: How about this one?

Psychic: That shirt is too small

Shop assistant: You didn't even try it on?

Psychic: I'm a medium

What do you call a fat psychic?

A four-chin teller.

the worlds worst theme park...

18813886_1455058977894854_3511958873568118558_n.jpg
        Last edited by Mick; June 2, 2017, 10:11 AM.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick I like four chin teller haha!TT,ugh the rats!I was watching "Hoarders" the other night and some lady had a bad mice infestation and she was feeding them like pets,so gross but mice are kind of cute,rats are just plain creepy Det,glad you checked in and let everyone know what was going on,I'm sorry I didn't check in on you earlier, not sure I could've helped anyways,I know if I make up my mind to drink nobody can persuade me otherwise, had a tough day yesterday, Jon kept popping into my head,just watching him grow up,all our fun times together I kept losing it at work,at home sheesh how long does it take? I've never dealt with this before,much love to all and I hope we all have a nice AF Friday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning...

Lovely day here, Mick, hope you have some time to relax too. Busy man. Loved the jokes.

Det, get back to healing and all your supports. Thinking of you.

Have a good one all.

Comment

[QUOTE=paulywogg;1716652]Mae everybody, Mick I like four chin teller haha!TT,ugh the rats!I was watching "Hoarders" the other night and some lady had a bad mice infestation and she was feeding them like pets,so gross but mice are kind of cute,rats are just plain creepyDet,glad you checked in and let everyone know what was going on,I'm sorry I didn't check in on you earlier, not sure I could've helped anyways,I know if I make up my mind to drink nobody can persuade me otherwise, had a tough day yesterday, Jon kept popping into my head,just watching him grow up,all our fun times together I kept losing it at work,at home sheesh how long does it take? I've never dealt with this before,much love to all and I hope we all have a nice AF Friday

:hug::hug::hug:
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

TT...it's Friday June 2nd here for me. LOL Thanks for kicking us off this morning. I'm looking forward to switching to a weekly thread on Sunday. Sorry to hear the rats are back. If it's not one thing it's another.

Det...good to see you posting again. You are going through some tough times right now. Get yourself better and get back to your meetings, you will get this figured out. :hug:

Mick...I was having a good sleep till my son came downstairs about 3am and accidentally kicked over a box. I was wide awake then. You are a good man to help your SIL out like this. You pace yourself as well.

Pauly...you are going to have some of those days. Hang in there, it'll get better. :hug: I think your Dad's decision to move is a good one.

Shout out to Snoop and Lav. Best be getting back to work. Going to talk the boss into letting leave early when he gets back....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Yep, it was Friday June 2nd here all day too, haha!

TT, sorry about the rats, gross. I hope someone can help you get those openings sealed asap!
                  Your daughter will be studying in Norway? That's really interesting & nice.

Mick, are you going to open a tomato store with all those different tomatoes? I think you could, ha ha!
                  So you are down to one rabbit house now - cool!
                  I imagine Julie's is depressed & possibly confused with all the changes going on, sad. It's so hard on the older ones when they suddenly lose their spouses.

Det, glad to hear you are back on track & safe. I hope your meetings & therapy help.

Pauly, you will be OK, but it does take time. You can't rush thru the grief process, it takes as long as it takes :hug:

Hello to Snoopstar, PQ & everyone!
                  My plan to watch my grandsons today fell through so we went out & treated ourselves to a delicious seafood lunch on the Chesapeake Bay today - yum
                  That's where yo go to get seafood that actually tastes like seafood & not something out of a frozen cardboard box, ha ha.
                  I am trying to get some things done outside every day, little by little while the weather is still nice.

Have a peaceful night everyone.
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X