w/c25th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c25th

look at me ..got it right ..and without any help from adults....mornin all how are we doing?all good I hope..success yustaday...found an old wooden handled garden fork on a junk stall..it gives the fruit and veg border a bit of old allotment style look..Jeeves decided the frog and the pot were in his way,no frog n pot no more...bit blowy this morning.so without further ado letsav a brew..

hiya ppqp..hope everything is going ok for you.......

hi pauly ...how are you doing today then?all well with you?hope so...

hiya SK...havent seen you for a while ..you good?

hiya Lav..the eve of destruction? ha ha ..I take it the kung fu kids settled down?we did pretty much similar with Amy ,she left primary school with the idea she would go the the local school up the road from us..that never happened ..she got 3 choices of school ..but never got any of them..instead they wanted to send her to one in Oldham,I refused for various reasons..up to the point they were taking me to court..we decided to send her to a private school,she passed the entrance exam thankfully..for her midwifery at college..the National Health Service paid for her college less about£15k in return as a student she worked on the wards in hospitals in placements for free.my theory similar to yours no drugs,arrests pregnancies ..anyway nuff yakking brew time..

hiya Sam how are you doing friend?hope all is ok with you...

right then big SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTT to those not here..

"What do we want?"

"Hearing aids"

"When do we want them?"

"HEARING AIDS!"

I've been getting anonymous texts from someone telling me to shower, comb my hair & brush my teeth, I think they might be trying to groom me

I found a builder who advertises “No job too small” so I’ve got him tiling the bathroom in my daughter’s dolls house.

I just put 400 pounds on a horse.

Poor fcker, but the wife insisted on riding it!

I've just seen an advert in my local newspaper.

ACCOUNTANT NEEDED!
    £35,000 - £40,000

So I rang them and said, "The answer is -£5,000"

The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives me hope for our next generation.

My idea of dieting is blowing the sugar off a doughnut...

She sells sea shells by the sea shore...

Surely that's the worst possible place to try and sell shells?!
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: w/c25th

Mick is getting up and I am heading to bed

Lav--my parents paid for some of the college costs. I paid for roughly 85% of it. Although at that time the full 4 year degree was 20k. I know that for me having skin in the game is why I graduated with honors. That poor Algebra teacher, I was there nearly every day for tutoring. It is probably what drove me to land a job in my field within 6 months of graduating. This was also in 1993. The landscape has changed so dramatically. What was true for me, is not true for people graduating college today. The amount of debt these kids have is mind blowing. In today's world, knowing what I know, I would not make that same investment. Plus, I think my kids are way more educated on the realities than I was at their age.
    Last edited by TheSunFlower97; June 25, 2017, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick that poor horse speaking of horses do the ones in the field next to you come out your way much anymore? I haven't seen a pic of them in awhile, SF,you must be a night owl I am finding the "twilight" times of the morning to be hard,in that half awake/sleep time is when I have the least control of my thoughts and emotions and I dream weird, upsetting things I hate it...wishing us all a nice AF Sunday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

morning all
        sitting here enjoying cup #2, gearing up for some 'veying. Sleeping like a rock these days, hard to boot myself out of bed! Pauly, dreams can be very strange at times... haven't had the "been drinking dreams" in awhile.

went to a brewery the other day meeting up with friends, I drank lemonade and listened to the tongues get "thicker" as they drank... boy I'm glad that wasn't me, next day big head...

be well friends
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hidy Ho ABerooos!

Mick, by jove you've got us set on the right course, thanks much for that.
          Any plans for detecting of ancient treasure? I miss reading about your discoveries.

Pauly, try blacking out the windows so the room stays completely dark during your sleep
          cycle... that should really help.

Sam and Sunflower, nice to see you both.

Had a cracking weekend for once... teaching martial arts again which I dearly missed and finally got my bum out
          with a sober friend for some remedial handgun shooting which I dearly missed also. Feeling very good and
          positive in general.

I'm not looking forward to going back to the sweat-shop tomorrow but at least I'll be doing it healthy.

I remember so many times being hung-over during these super hot summer days and how utterly dreadful
          that was. Screw that! things are challenging enough as it is.

been studying Epicurean philosophy for fun... fascinating blokes them Greek philosophers.

well, being it's a hot day and all I made a huge pot of spicy chili so off to enjoy that and then kick way back
          with some scifi and some solid sleep.

be well loves
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers!

Glad my rather intense 24 hrs is over with, ha ha! How can two little boys create such a huge mess, so much noise & eat & eat & eat? Amazing!!!

Mick, here we are at the beginning of a brand new week, thanks for getting us started
            I have never regretted the deal with made with our kids all those years ago, So many of their high school friends did not fare so well. I figured a little extra motivation (on our part) wouldn't hurt them in the long run. Funny that we had similar techniques in handling our young ones. I don't have a clue what is going to happen when the grandkids get to that age but I'm sure they will figure it out.

SF, my kids graduated from college in 1999 & 2003. One went to a private college & the other to Penn State - totally different tuition schedules, that's for sure.
            If your kids have a pretty good idea of what they want to do then that is a big plus & you can plan accordingly.

Pauly, I have been waking up way earlier than I need to. I think so black out shades are in order

Sam, sorry about the stings - OUCH!
            Sorry about the 'thick tongued' friends, ugh. I have been reading a lot of articles lately about current research showing that even moderate drinking causes a lot more brain damage than previously thought ~ swell.

Det, sounds like you had a darn good weekend & I am happy for you. Keep that positivity going all week long!

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing a peaceful night for all!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello everyone and good to catch up. I am still very psychologically down but not in a numbing way - actually been very busy with a number of things. However I hurt my back shifting boxes and was laid out for a day - then got back with some gentle yoga stretches and some walking. Just have to be really careful with the back. Mr GB's mood is really erratic which doesn't help either.
              Interesting conversation here about university fees. I am one of those dinosaurs who still thinks tertiary education is important for many (not all people) and I dont think it should just be about the job or training. There are much better places than universities where many skills can be taught. We had a different system here in my country and fees were never as high as in the US. Sadly that is changing and our universities are becoming more and more degree factories and research hot-houses that only chase the $$$. My daughter is a bright young woman with a very good critical mind and I am fortunate that she has worked hard so far and got good grades. She's doing a Humanities degree and not sure where it will lead but she gets a lot out of it. Ironically the part-time work she has found has been through the drama classes we paid for - I always said acting didn't pay - but she has managed to get part-time work in this area - so I was wrong. I can never see her chasing the big bucks but I can see her being happy, creative and kind, and contributing to society - her paid work may not be what she gets her satisfaction from - a different story to mine. And I know if she is ever a Mum herself that she will be a good Mum. I think I have passéd on something there. I may be finding it hard to let my job go but I think I am moving into a better space about my daughter leaving home and making her way. Thats more than can be said for a few years ago.
              How did your celebration of life for Chrissy go PQ? There must have been a lot of tears and joy and sadness.
              I personally dont find black out curtains do the trick for me as far as stopping me from waking early - but us oldies have melatonin deficits - although I only find melatonin sups help to a certain extent. I try a form of mindfulness to stop my mind from racing when I wake up - but lets just say that I am failing miserably on that department.

I will try to stop in more but it might be erratic at the moment. Be good and take care. Thanks for the PM Mick - for once, I am stuck for words.
              Last edited by treetops; June 26, 2017, 02:09 AM.

Comment

aha ..here he is!!!yep been up and awake since sparrows fartoclock!!its just that I have not had time to put pen to paper as the saying goes..I have so far this morning ..written a letter to the driver licensing authority to get the taxation on my car changed to camper van...so it has to meet certain criterias..I took 27 pics this morning printed them ,composed a descriptive document and sent it off..
                measured the windows ..in the van went to a lady that is going to make the curtains ...
                went to the vet ..registered Panda with them
                Watered the garden,cleaned the house windows,went to grave said a prayer watered flowers...and apart from that just been dossing!!oh and a bit of suitcase packing..
                so brew time....

hiya tt...really great to hear from you...apart from lost for words?nay never!!hows the issue with the rats going?we have one runs across the back of the garden ...hows other halfs erotic moods??oops did I get that wrong???have a nice day...

hiya Lav..brew time..dont find it strange the similarities in bringing up our bin lids..I think its just the generation we belonged to..ok there were some thing we got wrong ,but hey doesnt everyone?I like your pic of the Delilahs!!!!!

hiya Pauly hows you then?yep the horses are still here..a mere 12 in the field at the mo..hope you are doing ok..

hi Sam the man...good brewery trip?..yes its great listening..as the night wears on..feats of derring do...surrounded by small talk in some sort of early Greek tongue..

hiya ppqp...how are you? hope it all went well for you all..today has been a teary day here too

hiya sf ..hope you are ok..right lets get some jokes on..

My ex-girlfriend had a fantastic set of boobs! However one was bigger than the other. She wasn't really that self conscious until she entered a Wet T.Shirt contest and came 1st and 3rd!

Q) Why do sharks swim in salt water?

A) Because pepper water makes them sneeze.

I've been thinking about selling my John Lennon memorabilia on eBay.

Imagine all the PayPal..

I will never forget what my Grandad said just before he kicked the bucket.

He said, "How far do you think I can kick this bucket?"

I asked my Doctor to take my tonsils out

So he took them to a wine bar.

Whatever you do, don't ever type 'Part A' backwards..

It's a trap!

I got some new aftershave today that smells like breadcrumbs,

The birds love it!

Q) What do you give to a man who has everything?

A) Penicillin.

More
                I cleaned the attic with the wife the other day..

Now I can't get the cobwebs out of her hair.
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick where you at? TT,nice post dealing with a hubs/partner with mood issues really does mess with ours,even though it shouldn't, its hard when they live in the same house to just"ignore it" sometimes that iciness effin irritates me,glad your daughter found something she has passion for, I feel like she and Brady kinda grew up together on here cuz they're the same age,I remember you posting about her at 13,14 etc and so was Brady Det,glad you're getting out with sober buddies,PQ,how was it? Sam,lemonade at the brewery sounds better than gross booze anyways! SF,hope you're doing well,Lav see you later,hope your day goes well,wishing us all a happy AF Monday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

X-post Mick there you are

Comment

MAE ALL....

It sure has been a whirl wind. Everything went well. I don't remember who I was talking to today but when asked said it felt like "an end and a beginning". It just kinda popped out. Then I thought I do need an end to move on....and it is a new beginning.

Got interrupted, son came down and needed to talk.....will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Mick...I was thinking of you today. :hug: Chrissy's birthday is in July and now her twin sister will celebrate it without her.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

PQ, glad to hear everything went well.
                        I can't imagine how hard this loss must be for Chrissy's twin sister. I'll keep all of you in my thoughts :hug:

TT, good to see you & I hope your back continues to improve.
                        I know how difficult it is when daughters leave home. I felt like I lost an arm or something when mine went away to college. Somehow or another we manage to find a way to survive. Your daughter sounds like mine to an extent. She was always strong in language arts & ended up with a degree in English & Communications. Her desire to really help people wasn't fulfilled so much until she went back to school for physical therapy. They will find their way eventually.

Hello to Pauly & Mick!
                        My chickens are happy now with a brand new roof on their house We hired a young Amish guy & he completed the job in 8 hours all by himself, bless him.
                        YB went to see the hand surgeon today & she was happy with the results of her work. The other hand is now scheduled for July 20. Fun times!

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a pleasant night!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mornin all howzwee today then ?its wetn windy here but apart from that ...almost packed for jolliday on Friday...its 5 am start...so lets get on and have a brew the noo

hya ppqp...glad all went as planned..yes there would be tears and sorrow,but the title gives it away ..a celebration of her life..not the mourning of her passing..someone needs to take special care of her tein which Im sure they will around her b day time..big hug to you..

hi Lav ..wow the Amish guty did the job in 8hrs?thats cool work..glad that the op on yb s hand worked..no need to go to a second hand shop now huh?ok I thought it was hilarydoodleous!!quick brew...all my roses are starting to bloom now...they smell lovely..had to throw a cabbage yesterday ..it was covered in caterpillars..

hiya pauly...just for you took em last night..and just after that 3 of them were eating my plants!!hope you are ok...
                          20170626_211740.jpg

20170626_211930.jpg

hiya tt..how are you?hope you are better

wheres the rest?hope you are good ..sk Nora Snoopster pie Sam,and everyone else..

I got thrown out of the cinema for taking my own food yesterday.
                          Been ages since I've had a barbecue.

It's ironic that the originator of Big Brother, Peter Bazalguette is the great great grandson of the Victorian engineer, Joseph Bazalguette, the designer and builder of the London sewage system. Interesting to think that his ancestor devoted his life to getting rid of shit out of people's houses, but his modern day counterpart is devoted to shovelling it back in.

Why can't Harry Potter tell the difference between his best mate and his cooking pot?

They're both cauldron.

Just got a birthday card, opened it and rice went everywhere!!

It was from Uncle Ben!

I heard the funniest time travel joke tomorrow.

What's this: I / __ ?

The letter I on a drinking binge

Does anyone know the number of a vet?

My mate has been checking the room sizes in his new flat and the cat has suffered some head injuries.

I got really emotional this morning at the petrol station..

I don't know why..
                          I just started filling up.

Comment

Hello to everyone, have a great AF Tuesday!

Comment

19113921_10154474774276604_8440533842391726862_n.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X