Is anyone available to help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone available to help?

I'm so nervous-- have not drank in several hours but so afraid that I'm going to have a seizure. Never have but it's such a fear that I cannot even sleep or eat.

Re: Is anyone available to help?

Thank you. My husband is back now but he is sleeping. I'm in the U.S. Realistically I know that a seizure probably won't happen as it hasn't before but I always seem to think the worst thing possible. I'm going to force myself to drink water at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Tidegirl View Post
      Thank you. My husband is back now but he is sleeping. I'm in the U.S. Realistically I know that a seizure probably won't happen as it hasn't before but I always seem to think the worst thing possible. I'm going to force myself to drink water at least.
      I know that feeling, Tide...........actually sounds like low blood sugar.........my mother-in-law, my daughter and me all suffer from it..........makes us terribly anxious. None of us are diabetic but we carry Dextro energy tablets...........doesn't happen often but its horrible.............you can buy them over the counter over in the UK..........

Amazon.com: Energen Tablets (Lemon) tablets by Dextro: Health & Personal Care

But for now any cookies, cake, fruit juice or even a glass of milk will help.

Now then I could be totally wrong........I'm not a doctor but if the symptoms get any worse promise me you'll at least call ER for some advice.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I will, Jackie Claire. Thank you for replying

Comment

Plenty of water. No sugar,coke caffeine which will excite your system and don't smoke if you do .Fruit juice or cookies prob not the best thing but a couple banana's can help. However if it's hot and you have done a mass workout it could be low blood sugar too. Next to that if you have Valium on hand and has been prescribed,take one and any further I would be getting down to the ER .i used to have 5mg val and only every took 10mg max when this anxiety happened but Doc gave me 2mg a couple of months ago and still nice to know if I ever relapse, I have them on hand .I also take 2 vitamin B , 2 x Thiamin tablets and a Vit D , 2 fish oil tabs with a meal everyday . It is not a fun feeling that alcohol guilt and anxiety but find on past slipups, It helps protect me somewhat . Maybe a shower could help too .
          Last edited by Neo; July 12, 2017, 06:30 AM.

Comment

I don't have Valium and not sure at this point if I could keep it down. I did take a shower but it didn't help much. Am very nauseous now and sweating like crazy.

Comment

If your worried ,I would go to straight ER. In australia they've been really good to me. A few years ago I just made it barely through the hospital door.Heart rate was elevated and that was my first alcohol anxiety attack. They gave me oxygen and calmed me down. The Doc came and gave me 10mg of Valium. It think it was the first time I ever had it but was a lifesaver. If you think your not ok it would be the best thing to do .Everyone's circumstances are different but a doc would be the best help
              Last edited by Neo; July 12, 2017, 09:57 AM.

Comment

If for no other reason then to alleviate your anxiety which is going to compromise your efforts at sobriety I would urge you to seek medical advice from an ER or from your personal doctor. There are also some toll free numbers here in the US that may be able to provide you with some solid information and direction. From health.gov, office of disease prevention and health promotion (Toll-Free Phone Numbers - health.gov):

Alcohol Abuse
                AdCare Hospital Helpline
                (800) 252-6465
                Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters
                (888) 4AL-ANON (425-2666)
                Alcohol and Drug Referral Helpline
                (800) 662-HELP (4357)
                Calix Society
                (800) 398-0524
                National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, Inc.
                (800) NCA-CALL (622-2255)
                National Institute on Drug Abuse Research Dissemination Center
                (877) NIDA-NIH (643-2644)
                Last edited by Orimus; July 12, 2017, 10:03 AM.
                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                Toolbox
                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

I think you all are right. Really must do something as I feel pretty bad now.

Comment

How are you doing? Did you get medical advice?

Comment

Very anxious but trying to stay busy. Not drinking at least and that's a positive. This has got to be it for me. I can't keep on in this cycle. Did not go to ER because of having to sit there for so long-- I figured I'd be a wreck if that happened. Hoping to get some sleep at least tonight.

Comment

[MENTION=23314]Tidegirl[/MENTION], your anxiety in and of itself will interfere with you getting sleep. Put your mind at ease and reach out to a medical professional - call your doctor or one of those support lines if you do not wish to go to the ER. Please do this for yourself and find some peace so that you can end this cycle. Not drinking is a great first step, this is follow through to build towards the non-drinking you.
                        “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                        Newbies Nest Roll Call
                        Toolbox
                        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Thank you Orimus. I will call one of the numbers listed. It can't hurt and may help. This has become such a destructive pattern. I lose about 4 days a month and I can't keep on. My husband said I'd been requiring a lot of help for the last week and he was concerned. I did not have the heart to go into what happened when he was gone. I think he probably suspects what went on. We are 11 days from our trip to London and Dublin. I will not drink and ruin this! I'm going to get my rear to therapy every day to battle this anxiety that is causing me to lose my sobriety battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Tidegirl View Post
                            Thank you Orimus. I will call one of the numbers listed. It can't hurt and may help. This has become such a destructive pattern. I lose about 4 days a month and I can't keep on. My husband said I'd been requiring a lot of help for the last week and he was concerned. I did not have the heart to go into what happened when he was gone. I think he probably suspects what went on. We are 11 days from our trip to London and Dublin. I will not drink and ruin this! I'm going to get my rear to therapy every day to battle this anxiety that is causing me to lose my sobriety battle.
                            Good for you, Tidy. They will not judge you they are there to help..........grab it with both hands.

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION]..............great list of numbers there and very helpful...........thank you.
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thank you all. I'm just hanging in there as best I can.

Comment

Working...
                              X