Need some help today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help today

Hello my name is Ann, I have been on this forum since is began. I am an alcoholic. I missed work today and yesterday. I am trying not to drink today so get to the doc later. I am very depressed and anxious.

:welcome: back to MWO [MENTION=22864]2ndTimeAnn[/MENTION]! This is a great place to find help and support for many issues, one of them being alcohol. Now that you're back, don’t be stranger, visit everyday, read and post on whatever thread you’d like, you’ll be welcomed by all the members here! A great place to start is the Newbie’s Nest, but depending on what you’re looking for, post where ever you feel comfortable. If you have any questions about our community, don’t be afraid to ask!

Maybe start by getting rid of all the booze in your place, then spend the day reading here until your Dr's appointment. As much as it sounds like a clique, it really does only take one day at a time! Yesterday is gone, don't worry about tomorrow, just get through today without drinking...

abcowboy (Bruce)
    Last edited by abcowboy; July 25, 2017, 07:56 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: Need some help today

Hi Ann-

You are making the right choice in seeing a doctor. Hopefully he or she can give you some options to manage your anxiety. I know from personal experience how debilitating anxiety can be. I picked up a drink all too often to calm myself only to feel 10 times worse when the alcohol wore off.
      Whatever your situation, you are not alone. Everyone here has struggled with alcohol and its damaging effects.
      Keep posting and keep reading. There is much wisdom here.
      Take care.
      JackieM
      Last edited by JackieM; July 25, 2017, 10:55 AM.

Comment

thanks Bruce and Jackie, made an appointment to see the addiction councillor next week, get started there. I appreciate the feedback!!

Comment

How are you doing today Ann?

Comment

When I first started I got a full blood test to find out if anything was wrong. I have 1 every year now. I also know anything over and even punching 10 cans of beer will make me anxious and get that loser retard thing you do when your sobering up at 3am in the morning . I need Valium over 10 cans of beer or I get extremely worried something is going to happen to me. I'm lucky I haven't touched spirits for a few years as I remember those hard hangovers .Last time I drank spirits was Chrissy 2012 and I ended up down at the hospital and haven't touched it since. I think it was the first time I ever had valium too. Getting a good diet and proper supps has helped . The rest now is up to me
            Last edited by Neo; July 27, 2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Are you still around?
              "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X