w/c 13 th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 13 th August

morning all....norra lot of folk on site yustaday..anyways,have a look at the time ...3.57 am!! off detecting today ..going in my van ..so we will see what the mpg etc is like..couldnt sleep too great last night..but there you go..for people that dont get this thread properly ,have a look at the posts that I got from Zack yesterday (w/c 30) and see if they make any sense.. ok brew time ....

hiya Sam ..was your wife ok?yesterday?Charlottesville is a fair distance from you isnt it?I remember looking at it as part of a holiday plan once ...thibnk I will sack it!!..

hey ppqp...hows you then ? in you jump or are you having a break?

morning pauly how are you today then?yep the worlds in a bit of a mess ...you have got that idiot saying he will blow NK away...and we have got some stupid fkr over here saying we will stand by our allies...nothing against Americans but it is absolute political bollox ..this is the same ally that said not so long back that if Britain left Europe,there would be no trade deals/links between US an UK? does that sound like an ally?we have already been through all this shit with Bush and Blair in the past..and secondly ..our armed forces have been decimated by politicians on economic drives ..what are we going to send ? a rowing boat full of people shouting bang bang?why dont they ask us the likes of you and me instead of making crazy decisions? rant over!!

hiya Lav ..hows you then?one non political brew here...went up to my friends farm yesterday...he has got a load of game birds hatching..some really nice ones..dog sitting again eh?my tomatoes have done really well this year,the outside veg not so good..borrowed a trap to catch the rart ..saw it again yesterday..time is numbered!

right folks time to get my act togevva..hoe you have a good day..

Do you get a courtesy dog if you have pet insurance and yours is in the vets?

Some bloke walked up to the counter today and said, "Burger and Fries."
    "Certainly sir," I replied. "Are you eating in or taking out?"
    "Fck off you prck," he snapped before walking off with his food.
    I love working in the prison canteen.

I think my loan shark want's a game of cricket.
    He's walking down my driveway holding a bat.

Apparently studies have shown smoking weed causes short term memory loss.
    Next they will be saying that smoking weed causes short term memory loss.

I was sitting on a bus behind a mother and her young son. Her boy kept looking around and pulling funny faces at me.
    After a few minutes, I tired of his antics, so I said, "When I was young, my mother told me that if I made an ugly face and the wind changed, I'd stay that way." The little shit replied, "Well, you can't say you weren't fcking warned."

A recent study has found that women who carry a little extra weight, live longer than the men who mention it.

Husband wanted to call the hospital to ask about
    his pregnant wife, but accidently called the cricket stadium.
    He asks, “Hows the situation?”
    He was shocked & nearly died on hearing the reply.
    They said, “It’s fine. 3 are out, hope to get another 7 out by lunch, last one was a duck!"

20264812_1510731008994317_7476471843211572938_n.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: w/c 13 th August

Mick, love the jokes, so nice to laugh first thing in the morning. I have an idea, why don' we put 45 and the leader of NK in a room and let them fight each other, leave us all alone. Hello to all.

Comment

Mae everybody, now there's the solution Star Mick,good luck out detecting,I have no idea about cookies and chrome and all the tech stuff with computers,I did see Det on the monthly abs thread,woke up hungry then exercised I can feel my blood sugar dropping so I think I'll eat something small,much love to all and wishes for a great AF Sunday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning folks. Thanks for all the info Mick and Zach. I know how to find the thread and will stick to that. How did the detecting go Mick.?
        Its dreadful what happened in Charlottesville but not surprising. I won't say too much cos it might stir people up although I think people here on this thread are pretty cool on these issues. Thinking if you esp Lav and Sam.
        Re NK - The thing is, if it's a nuclear strike - of the intended magnitude - what support do allies give? It wouldnt be a war like any seen before. If it was a ground war well I think the incumbents in North Korea would have an advantage.
        Yes you will miss Brady. What is he doing Pauly? I have had FaceTime with my daughter although the time difference makes it hard. She is happy and that's the main thing. Where she is is very beautiful. Of course I worry about her a lot. That wha silly old mums do.
        You all have a good evening but it's day here. Cold.
        Last edited by treetops; August 13, 2017, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Good evening Abbers

Mick, detecting time again ~ nice. Hope you hauled home some good stuff
          I have to honestly say that I have never seen Goats Butter before, weird.
          I contacted Sam thru FB & he said his wife is OK, thank goodness.

The events in Charlottesville yesterday were horrendous. If we have to have a president with no b*lls we should have just elected Hillary, don't you think?
          For quite some time I have been following the website of The Southern Poverty Law Center. They have very clear, unbiased info regarding race & hate groups, etc. Today they have an interactive map of the US so you can find out which groups are actually operating in your area. They follow 917 groups across the US, 40 groups right here in PA. Absolutely frightening. Hate Map | Southern Poverty Law Center

Hi SnoopStar, Pauly & TT.

I hope MWO gets fixed soon so everyone can log on as always. I miss seeing folks.
          I think I will contact PQ on FB tonight to check on her.

Have a nice night everyone.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Back from the liver doctor and he said I am in fine health. Nothing to worry about but to be vigilant and stay sober.
            Let us know how PQ is Lav

Comment

Great news TT

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya yall well was out yesterday,the sun was out and you can tell I hadnt been detecting properly for a long time ..(apart from last week)16000 steps across rape stalk and corn stalk fields my back tells me ouch..enjoyable day..found
                Edward 1st silver penny, (approx 710 yrs old)
                medieval clothing fastener 400 ish yrs old
                part of a Roman brooch with silver worked into it.. approx 1600 yrs old
                Roman Bronze ring same age

so here we are Monday morning again,Julie spent yesterday cleaning her dads house ..he is not coping at all..he has got to go for more tests next week.
                saw Mr Rat last night ..Iknow where it runs ..just bought a second trap on e bay..so as soon as it lands..we will look at rehousing ratty...

brew time..

hiya tt hows you then ...glad the doc said liver was ok..sorry but the old ones are the best

I said to the doctor, 'Can you give me something for my liver?'

He gave me a pound of onions.

hiya pauly how are you then?hows da blood sugar?Im determined to beat your 25000 steps tho that will take a bit of doing!ps my bougie is starting to flower..

hi Snoopster ..you ok ...glad you enjoy the laff ..its quite hard being jokey on a Mon morning!

hiya Lav...how are you doing today then?all good hopefully.Yep there sure are some nutsos in this world..why one group of people think they have got the right to be "superior" over another is beyond me ...yes I know the motivational drivers,politics,religion wealth ,crime greed etc.and that has been going on since Adam was a lad..but for me life is for living ..not planning how to screw everyone elses up ..heres a non denominational, non race orientated brew for you...

big hello to all our mispers...

I said to my mate today, "I can remember the first time I visited Liverpool, I found it very hard to leave."
                He said, "Did you fall in love with the place?"
                "No," I replied, "I had the wheel's on my car nicked."

think about this one

A teacher asks her class what their favorite letter is. A student puts up his hand and says 'G'. The teacher walks over to him and says, "Why is that, Angus?"

Five out of six people agree that Russian Roulette is safe.

Life was so simple before I got married.

I had absolutely no idea that there was a wrong way to put the milk back in the fridge.

My wife told me she thought we'd have less arguments if I wasn't so pedantic.

I told her 'I think you mean fewer'.

You can't plant flowers if you haven't botany.

I've just finished reading a book called "How To Give Constructive Criticism."

It was shit!

What’s the difference between an African elephant and an Indian elephant?

About 5000 miles

I went to a fancy dress party dressed as a chicken.

Met a girl dressed as an egg.

A question as old as time was answered.

The chicken.

I just bought a vintage Rolls Royce, but the budget didn't cover a driver.

So I spent all that money, and I've got nothing to chauffeur it.

During plane flights, I get really bad earache!

This year, I've found a solution that'll help.

I've booked my wife's seat ten rows back.

I've been diagnosed with a chronic fear of giants.

Feefiphobia.

My boss yelled and said "You've been late 5 times this week do you know what that means?" Apparently "It's Friday" wasn't the correct answer
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning all
                  thanks for the concern about the Mrs. I had no idea when I posted that she was going into town that the town was going to be that crazy. Fortunately she was in a part where the concentration of the "events" did not occur. No doubt in my mind that it was planned terrorism by a bunch of racists. They were armed. I never would have thought that the nazi movement would gain any kind of traction here but we now have a "president" that can't seem to formulate the words of disgust for such groups.... there is his base. Meanwhile 3 innocent people die and a lot more hurt. And it is not just Charolettsville. I find myself very troubled by all this.
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Sam I'm glad your wife was away from the actual site but it is scary and I can't believe in this day and age this crap is still going on! Actually seems to be worse Mick,my bougie was doing great but the wind kicked up,now its balding,it'll flower again though,Lav were you able to contact PQ? I haven't seen her in a bit,much love to all and I hope we all have a nice AF Monday

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

TT, I am happy that you got good news from the doc :welldone:
                      I haven't heard from PQ yet, she last posted on FB Saturday, maybe she's been busy.

Mick, is that all you found yesterday???? GEEZ, you really have the knack for finding old stuff, ha ha!!!!
                      Thank you for understanding my objections to this nasty business going on over here. I am afraid it's not going to stop until 45 is removed from office ~ one damn way or the other

Sam, did you get a chance to look at the Hate Map on the Southern Poverty Law Center website? It is absolutely eye opening to see how close these hate groups are & the sheer # of them, damn.
                      All along I've been afraid of 45's behavior taking us back 50 years. It's starting to look like it's going to be even worse. I spend a portion of each & every day working on the resistance. I have to, there's no other choice.

Pauly, I will say a prayer for your poor bougie, ha ha!!

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a nice night!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

mornin merry little band how are we today then?all good hopefully..it is 0845 and Ive been on the go since 6 ...rat trap out and baited ..shredded wheat and peanut butter..let it have a few days with the trap not set then its goodnight vienna hopefully..finished grouting the undersink cupboard..just got to let it all dry out ..then yesterday ,Jeeves managed to get into the raised beds,but couldnt get back out again!!he has got a digging mood on!!!madam just likes playing in the tunnel/playhouse ..

20170811_165136.jpg

ok brew time.....

hi Sam the man glad mrs sam wiz ok..what you been up to mate out gigging or on the motorbikes?

hey pauly ..the owner of the baldy bougie hows you today then?arethings getting better for you?

hiya tt ...how are you doing?hope all is well in the land down under..

hi Lav,hows you then?I see 45 eventually said his piece about racist groups etc...methinks not before someone thought it would be a good idea..Yes seems like he is as pauly says got small man syndrome,and dragging the US backwards apart from the minority radical groups no one seems to want him in the hot seat...has no one told him about the ripple effect..his actions are felt all over the world...anyway heres a brew...

hi snoopster hows you today then? all good I hope

Hey pie lady where is ya? and you ppqp.. hope all is well.

20170814_101429.jpg

20170814_101436.jpg

20170814_191109.jpg

I went into a Chinese takeaway last night. The owner of the shop said, "What do you do for a riving?"
                        I said, "What do I do for a living? I'm a bit of a comedian."
                        So the Chinese chap says, "Go on then, change colour."
                        I said, "No! I'm not a chameleon, I'm a comedian."
                        So then he says, "Tell me a joke, make me raff."
                        I said, "You want me to tell you a joke and make you laugh?"
                        Just then his wok caught fire, so I said, "Wok! Wok!"
                        And he said, "Who der?"

I wonder if Chinese tourists get mad when they realise the souvenir they just bought outside Buckingham Palace was made back home?

So there I was sat in my van. I had kept the house under surveillance for about an hour. Then there was movement at the front door.I hunched down as much as I could in the van so the woman wouldn’t see me. As she walked up the road and turned the corner I slowly, carefully exited the van. I crossed the road, nervously, aware that at any time someone could notice me or the woman from the house could come back. I launched myself over the garden wall and fell to the ground. My heart was beating in anticipation of someone shouting out to me. I crawled slowly to the door. Once there I looked around once more to check my surroundings. Then I lifted the letterbox slowly and quietly. Once my work was done, I slowly closed the letter box aware that any sound might disturb someone and make them come to the door. I then jumped up and ran for my life, jumped into the van and drove off at speed away from the scene. And another ‘Sorry you were out’ card is successfully delivered. Proud to be Royal Mail.

I went out with my metal detector this morning, and ended up digging a hole 23 feet deep before I remembered that I was wearing boots with steel toe caps!

A man is driving down the road and breaks down near a monastery. He goes to the monastery, knocks on the door, and says, “My car broke down. Do you think I could stay the night?”
                        The monks graciously accept him, feed him dinner, even fix his car. As the man tries to fall asleep, he hears a strange sound.
                        The next morning, he asks the monks what the sound was, but they say, “We can’t tell you. You’re not a monk.”
                        The man is disappointed but thanks them anyway and goes about his merry way.
                        Some years later, the same man breaks down in front of the same monastery.
                        The monks accept him, feed him, even fix his car. That night, he hears the same strange noise that he had heard years earlier.
                        The next morning, he asks what it is, but the monks reply, “We can’t tell you. You’re not a monk.”
                        The man says, “All right, all right. I’m *dying* to know. If the only way I can find out what that sound was is to become a monk, how do I become a monk?”
                        The monks reply, “You must travel the earth and tell us how many blades of grass there are and the exact number of sand pebbles. When you find these numbers, you will become a monk.”
                        The man sets about his task. Forty-five years later, he returns and knocks on the door of the monastery. He says, “I have traveled the earth and have found what you have asked for. There are 145,236,284,232 blades of grass and 231,281,219,999,129,382 sand pebbles on the earth.”
                        The monks reply, “Congratulations. You are now a monk. We shall now show you the way to the sound.”
                        The monks lead the man to a wooden door, where the head monk says, “The sound is right behind that door.”
                        The man reaches for the knob, but the door is locked. He says, “Real funny. May I have the key?”
                        The monks give him the key, and he opens the door.
                        Behind the wooden door is another door made of stone.
                        The man demands the key to the stone door.
                        The monks give him the key, and he opens it, only to find a door made of ruby.
                        He demands another key from the monks, who provide it.
                        Behind that door is another door, this one made of sapphire.
                        So it went until the man had gone through doors of emerald, silver, topaz, and amethyst.
                        Finally, the monks say, “This is the last key to the last door.”
                        The man is relieved to no end.
                        He unlocks the door, turns the knob, and behind that door he is amazed to find the source of that strange sound.
                        But I can’t tell you what it is because you’re not a monk.

Comment

Greetings to all...

Love the jokes Mick, yes the political situation here is a nightmare, so far we are still allowed to protest, speak out, and will continue to do so.

Sam, glad the wife was OK, how scary for her.

TT, good luck on the interview.

Hello to all, have a good one.

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick thank you for the jokes cuz after my day yesterday I really needed them day just started off weird,third customer in was an Asian guy but his attitude was shitty,then he started talking about race and saying we've bowed down to black people for so long that people are getting fed up and fighting back! I was so heated I felt my blood boiling, then he goes on to say he used to work in a rape crises center and was sick of the women saying that they're victims when he feels it's their fault they were raped cuz of the people they choose to hang around with!?!? I was sooooo livid and sad how dare he?! I should have taken a quick break but it was getting kind of busy but I took one of my picky regular customers and went off on him,told him to go to someone else cuz I was done with his picky ass,ugh,I feel bad but I am tired of him as it is,I don't want the world to be like this,breaks my heart,then after all that me and my coworker just kept getting weirdos,I came home,walked,then sat on the kitchen floor and cried in Winslow's fur,thank God for dogs! I wish our missing peeps would come back,SF,PQ,Det,Pie we miss you guys,think I'll shoot Det a text later and explain how to find the page again, much love to all and wishes for a better than Monday!Tuesday

Comment

hey pauly get that chin off the floor....you had your cry in a now soggy winslow..its a noo day girl xbe interesting the next time winslows hacked off..he is gonna cry all over you x

Comment

Working...
                              X