w/c 20th aug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 20th aug

mornin all ...4.30am...eek off down the other side of Lincoln detecting today ...dont know what state the fields are in so fingers crossed..def need a brew before we go !!Im not driving so will get a bit of a sleep on the way down..

Sam I was watching a prog on telly last night about a guy making a cigar box fiddle ..pretty neat and he played it too

hiya pauly you ok ? my fit bit is goosed defo tried a noo battery but nope ees no more!!! hope you have a great day

hi snoopster you ok ?

hey Lav early brew time ..hows you today then? 44, .. 46. whos missing then??????

right peeps be good ...

20638417_1521388331261918_1225346728778930119_n.jpg

20525675_1520430578024360_3882893579681513313_n.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: w/c 20th aug

Mae everybody, Mick hope you find something cool Lav I'll take your leftover rain! Actually its supposed to be rainy here tomorrow, maybe not good for people who want to see the eclipse? They're making such a hoopla out of it but I don't think here in Vegas we get that good of a look anyways, tried a new shamppo and its making my head itchy!should just stick to my same kind darn itmuch love to all and I hope everyone has a great AF Sunday
    Last edited by paulywogg; August 20, 2017, 07:05 AM.
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

good morning
      good luck tecting, Mick. here's a link to a guy playing a gourd fiddle. very different sound:
      YouTube

morning Pauly, I didn't forget today! go to the store and get some mayo, put on your hair, it'll cure/kill anything going on and have everyone in your family ask what the hell are you doing.

long list of to do's before the wife gets home tomorrow.
      be well friends
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hi Mick, Pauly, Sam, Lav, Snoop, Det, PQ, etal. Just checking in to find a goosey fitbit, a gourdy fiddle, a bluesy Det, and a soggy Winslow! Beats what's happening in the headlines for sure. I've been sharing my home with 7 canines for the past two weeks, which is a long stretch to care for such a large crew. Ready for these guests to return to their own homes tomorrow. Condo leasing has been steady. Seems that as soon as one gets leased, another comes available. I got so, so lucky falling in to this work with my broker. Other than that, just making due with our wicked August heat, and hoping for an early cool front to show up.

Gonna mosey over to the shouty outy thread now. Mick, I sure hope you nab that rat!

rat trap.jpg

Comment

Hi Pie!!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya ABers across the plains.

still down but pressing forward. Darn brain is so confusing.

Sam, that's a real gourd made into that fine instrument? very neat.

Pie, good to see you. 7 dogs? wowsers. I hope they get along.

Pauly, mayo on the hair? hmmm... new one on me for sure. I have no idea how the eclipse will look
            here up north but we'll find out soonish.

Lav, you surviving the heat ok?

Mick, how'd the treasure hunt go?

haven't had an appetite which is odd but managed some garlicky kale just now which has to be a good thing.

Will prolly zonk out early and podcast a bit. Looking forward to a better day to come.
            gnight loves
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Can't wait to hear about the goodies you found this morning Mick

Pauly, I remember having a severe respiratory reaction to a shampoo that had citrus in it - gross. I think we do need to stick with the stuff we know is safe.

Pie, bless you lady watching 7 dogs, wow, that's brave!!!! Glad to hear biz is good for you

Sam, I love how creative people are & can make things that actually work, ha ha! I hope your clean up went well, don't want to see you getting into trouble or anything, ha ha!

Det, please don't let your depression take over. Not eating is not a good thing. We want to see you stay healthy & continue to move forward. You have made a huge amount of progress, don't let that go, OK? I almost always have a pot of soup in the fridge, regardless of the weather. It's handy & nourishing even when you don't feel like eating.

I'm making non-dairy cashew milk tonight so tomorrow I can make it into yogurt. Keep your fingers crossed.
              Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hi yall...Like it? thats the american acent!!well Ive been the oddjob man this mornin...fitted cladding all the way round the garage door ..looks good must admit.out detecting yesterday...and yep found a nice little coin..in fact not a little ..nearly blew my ears out..Its a groat ...(4 pennies) Edward 3rd minted in London between 1361 -67 Im in the middle of cleaning /straightening in it ..pics tomorrow

brew time

hey Lav hows you then ..hows the yoghurt making going?I had a simialr reaction with shampoo..my hair falls out..oops it has!!never mind heres a baldy brew !!

hio det ...you can beat the blues come on man get some scran down your neck..!!dont let pissed off.com take over..

hiya pie its great to see you on the fred..glad everything is going good for you..7 dogs to look after ..wowee.still no luck with the rat ..I will get it eventually...my mate lent me a trapwith spikes etc ..though I want the rat gone I aint prepared to use it..ace to see you seriously..

hey sam the man you get brownie points for tidying up mate well done..that gourd is something else isnt it?mad sound..

hi pauly ....well did you see the e clips? how goes it with you today?hopefully you are doing ok

hi snoops ,ppqp et al hope you are all well....

I wonder if any Policeman has ever managed to keep a straight face while telling a woman she has the right to remain silent.

Despite getting A-level results of A, B, B, A it seems no employer will take a chance on me.

My girlfriend bought a home waxing kit the other day. She asked me if she should just do the sides or leave a strip down the middle. I said I would prefer it if she didn't have a moustache at all.

I put this ad in a lonely hearts column in the local paper. 'I like to go for long walks stopping regularly for nice cool drinks. I enjoy good food and at the end of a day I would love to curl up on the sofa with you and stroke your hair.'
                I only got one reply.
                ....From a Golden Retriever.

A puddle of vomit goes into a bar.
                The barman says “What is this, some kind of sick joke?

What's the difference between a bad golfer and a bad skydiver?
                A bad golfer goes, WHACK! "Damn." A bad skydiver goes, "Damn." WHACK!

How did the pig get on the roof?
                The swine flu.

What do you call a camel with no humps?
                Humphrey.
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

A rat trap with spikes, Mick? Morbid curiosity will most certainly drive me to Google for an image... We have a monthly extermination service here including black boxes that sit outside and are baited with rat poison. Rats go in for a snack, then off they go to die in a field somewhere. Except when they don't make it to a field, and expire on my patio, which is apparently what happened recently, just before my dog carried the carcass inside and deposited it on my sofa. Eww, eww, eww! What was said dog thinking, I wonder? Nice treat? This needs to be played with? Gift for Mom?

Lav, cashew-milk yogurt, and political activism? You are one remarkable woman!

Pauly, I hope you'll let us know if you try mayo on your hair.

Det, yes the dogs do get along for the most part. Only sometimes one will get grumpy about sharing sleeping space. Biggest challenge with this group is that they eat a raw meat diet. Thawing the day's rations produces meat juice that will easily contaminate any surface it touches, or at least that's what I worry about, so it's bleach.com here.

Not sure what today will bring, but if it's anything interesting, I'll let y'all know.

Comment

Mae everybody, Pie,,no mayo in the hair or anywhere near me cuz it grosses me out!7 dogs that all eat raw meat? There's a hefty food bill! What kind are they? Glad the condo leasing gig is working so great for you Mick,I found four more dead lizards under the sink on a glue trap,I feel bad but it was also creepy,,I told hubs he needs to look under there and find the hole they're coming in from,they're babies only about 2 inches long, Det I hope today is brighter,my sadness tends to come and go,I'm so used to not feeling blue so when it comes its hard to cope with cuz it's such a foreign feeling, same with anxiety I'll go loooong stints without then it'll hit and I'm like wtf?!? We'll be ok,I'm amazed I've even done this well with all the shit on my shoulders,you too,going through the divorce and stuff but you've managed pretty good Sam,that was a cool link went to a restaurant in Boulder City that was on Diners Drive ins and Dives,just a little breakfast/lunch place that was BUSY! We had to wait outside for them to call our names,everyone was drinking, bloody Mary's with bacon in them,other fancy drinks,beers,it was kind of weird cuz when we got inside the bar was tiny(bartender was kind of cute tho,I'm bad!) Food was decent,Louie loved his French toast at least and gave it a thumbs up haha,much love to all and I hope we all have a great AF Monday
                    Last edited by paulywogg; August 21, 2017, 07:13 AM.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sorry for MIA lately but things just got crazy for me. I think with the boss being on vacation and my MIL in and out of the hospital the stress finally caught up to me. Was sick over the long weekend, think my body was forcing me to stop.

Mick...so glad you've returned to the thread. You were sorely missed. It's just not the same without you. I have to say thank you for all your support here. It is greatly appreciated. I see not much has changed you're still going a mile a minute. Have you taken the camper van for the inauguration trip?

Det...I also went through a depression stage. Since I'm not drinking to numb the pain I tend to withdraw into books. Not sure what's going on as I only read back on this thread. Hope you're feeling better.

Lav...thanks for letting everyone know I was ok. Things just got to be too much for me.

Pi...I'm so pleased the real estate business is working out for you. 7 dogs!!! You are an angel.

Sam...glad to see not much has changed....still cleaning house I see. LOL

Pauly...been thinking of you. At one point I really wanted to drink and thought I should log in and ask for help. Then I listed all the things I knew everyone would tell me and decided...just don't get in the car, so back to reading I went. I hope you are starting to get some of the sh*t off your shoulders.

TT...didn't see you on this thread but I think you're off traveling again. Hope things are starting to get sorted for you too.

Here's hoping we all have a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP
                      Last edited by porqoui; August 21, 2017, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Had a nice lunch out with a friend today. I feel like a real grownup, ha ha!

Mick, the handy man, do you ever run out of jobs to do?
                        There's enough work around here to keep a full staff busy all day, every day!! Wish I had a staff, lol

Pie, the yogurt is in the fridge now to settle & thicken up. Non-dairy milks take up to 24 hrs to set up. It's a long process but if it works I'll be happy
                        I have never fed dogs a raw diet, I don't think I have the stomach for it. You are brave, very brave!!!

Pauly, you & your fine dining, ha ha!!!
                        Glad you had a nice trip.

Det, are you OK? Please check in with us so we know.

Hello to the whole crew & wishing everyone a good night.

Lav
                        Last edited by Lavande; August 21, 2017, 08:21 PM.
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi there PQ
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Happy unhung Monday ABeroos,

yep, here alive and kicking.. even in a somewhat better mood happy to say a good 2nd interview earlier this eve certainly helps also.

lets see... dogs bringing in strange things, spiked traps, cashew yogurt, French toast, ancient coins... what does it all mean? It looks like everyone is
                            enjoying their lives which is awesome. I'm often inspired by all your goings-on so thank you all for sharing.

glad to be prying out of this funk and mostly preoccupied with my future. I know a very UN mindful mental exercise. reminder: must meditate tonight.

Watching the eclipse today was fun, we were allowed to sneak outside and play for a bit which was really nice and the day seemed to
                            pass relatively fast. Now time to pull up the NASA images and see what the big boys got for footage.

gnight loves
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Morning all and how are we today then ?all good..I got bitten on the wrist yesterday..2 mahoosive lumps that are as itchy as anything!!Garage door and surround done yesterday...even the neighbour thought it looked good so lots of tea and medals pour moi!!...but of course Julie takes the credit ..yep I planted the seed in your brain..seed ?????? theres enough room in there for field of feckn seeds! did we all see the e clips yesterday ..that is those over that side of the water..

ok brew time it is....

hiya det ..how are you today then friend?glad you are out of the Im peed off scenario...heres an exercise to stimulate your brain ..I started doing this from passwords and it sort of grew from that ..pick a word ...any word and convert it into numbers...without writing anything down..or counting off on your fingers/toes imagine it all in your head... the word down 4,15,23,14 its harder than you think!start with little words..

hiya Lav ...hows you then today? hope all is well with you..nope I never run out of jobs either..from hoovering and tidying up onwards ...or making coffee ..whats you up to ?hows yb now ops done? hows the greenhouse doing?

hi ppqp...great to see you back..sent you a couple of messages on f/b ..so you went through a downer?not surprised ...hope you are ok now...as for the drinking thotz ..well done on binning them ..but always remember there is no shame in saying hey I need help..as for thanking me..thanks for me is the fact I dont drink,and hopefully giving back a little for others.. like everyone I get hacked off at times ...and yes I get depressed..but at least I know why...there isnt an alternative ..well there is but not an acceptable one!!
                              Not been away yet w/c 11th sept we go to Cornwall for 4 or 5 days, that will be good ..Ive got to put the awning up yet ..but its not been dry enough to do so..Dont forget your me time!!

hiya Pauly ..hows you then ? bloody Marys with bacon in them?sack the booze just gimme da bacon...Yes you have had a lot to deal with,but you are here,and talking about it ..so big result there..im going to rethink my rat strategy ...this is the trap my mate gave me a loan of ...

20170821_182619.jpg

not happening it doesn't look huge ..it 6 inches long 4 wide..

hiya pie hows you then ? have the k9 krew started to disperse yet? you any projects on the go?or not got the time?

heres the con I found ..in the raw then after heating straightening and cleaning..

20170820_181730.jpg

20170820_181740.jpg

20170820_183234.jpg

20170820_183246.jpg

hi snoopster wheres you got to...and sam youre excused ...tidying up "!!!!

have a great day

I need to re-home a dog. It's a small terrier, and tends to bark a lot. If you're interested, let me know and I'll jump over next door's fence and get it for you.

Which US state has the smallest soft drinks?
                              Minisoda

What happened when 2 men stole a calendar.
                              They both got 6 months

A police officer was patrolling the highway when he sees a guy tied up to a tree, crying. The officer stops and approaches the guy. "What's going on here?", he asks. The guy sobs, "I was driving and picked up a hitchhiker. He pulled a gun on me, robbed me, took all my money, my clothes, my car and then tied me up." The cop studied the guy for a moment, and then pulled down his pants and whipped out his d.ck. "I guess this isn't your lucky day, pal!"

Q: What does it mean when a man is in your bed gasping for breath and calling your name?
                              A: You didn't hold the pillow down long enough.

Q: What's the difference between a Southern zoo and a Northern zoo?
                              A: A Southern zoo has a description of the animal on the front of the cage, along with a recipe.

Q: What does D.A.M stand for? A: Mothers Against Dyslexia.

Q. How does a Scotsman find a sheep in tall grass? A. Very satisfying.

Comment

Working...
                              X