w/c 10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 10th

yep thats right its 0435...Im off detecting today....prett tired and thats before we start!!anyway just thought I would start the thread ....have a good day peeps
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: w/c 10th

May treasures await you, Mick!

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick hope you find something like the treasure Pie posted work was annoying me so bad yesterday so I left and sat in my car waiting for Kell and Lou to show up cuz she takes the afternoon shift and I watch Lou,lots if tension up there cuz two girls are going to work at another salon part time and another one already is so they're not talking to each other,its really weird and I hate working with women sometimes,, I'm not sure if they're all gonna quit or what,it would be terrible to have to replace 3 people!! Just hafta wait and see I guess,too many hairstylists have big egos,,,much love to all and I hope we all have a wonderful AF Sunday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hello.gifHello everyone! Wanted to pop in and say hi. I haven't had time to sit down & cruise around the threads. So, now is my chance.

Pauly - work sounds awful.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Heya ABers!

Sleepy slow Sunday here in the high desert. Mick, looking forward to treasure report as always.

Pauly, I feel for you hon.

watched the last episode of startrek voyager today and cried LOL

had a couple buddies come over yesterday which is nice since I'm hiding at home trying not to
          spend gas money. Lovely out so will be mowing and putzing around in the yard next.

Me mum is in FL but so far appears to be in good shape.

Nora good to see you again.

Lav, got any family or animals over?

anyhoo, nice slow day and I'm fine with that. Be well loves
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Mick, show us what you found today

Pie, I'll take one of those!!!!

Pauly, why don't you just slap them all silly??? Jeez!! Good luck

Nora, nice to see you!

Det, good that your friends came to see you - did they bring food? Ha ha!

No visitors this weekend, everyone seems to be busy getting kids back to school & activities & such.
            My son & his family added a puppy to their family today, a chocolate lab which is nice but they don't have room for him in their little house. I also hear that one of the Insanity Twins now has a brain tumor & was put on steroids yesterday, sad. He's one of the golden retrievers that stays with me often. Oh boy.
            The weather was gorgeous again today despite that epic storm going on in Florida. I hope everyone there is OK.

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Thing 1 and Thing 2 baby shower for the twins so it was a busy but fun day. Everyone had a great time and I can't wait to see them in all the new outfits.

Mick...hope you got your second wind and had a good detecting day.

Pauly...sorry to hear about the tension at work, that really sucks and I speak from experience! Just keep telling yourself "Not my monkey, not my circus". A retreat to the car was probably the right decision.

Nora...great to see you.

Det...I hope your Mom is safe. Gotta say I don't miss the lawn mowing chore living in a condo. Although it was one thing that gave me satisfaction when it was done, unlike the dishes!

Lav...for a minute there I forgot the Insanity Twins were the dogs. Still sad news, hope the steroids help. Do the meds have the same side effects for the 4 legged like the 2 legged?

Pi...bought a new outfit yet?

TT...thinking of you.

Three years ago today we had almost 2 feet of snow. This year we're in the mid 80's! Maybe mother nature could work on a happy medium! The homemade spaghetti sauce is ready, smells divine, so must start on the pasta. Hope we all have a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

morn all...how are we today? thoughts to all of you suffering with the "canes...we have got the tail of it scheduled for next week..i drove back yesterday ..and there was about 4 inches of rain on the motorway ..was a good day but I was shattered ...slept a bit better tho ..anyways its pouring down with rain ...does it ever do otherwise ..... brew time

hiya ppqp...hows you then? hope you are ok...I think the world weather has gone completely wrng there is no such thing as seasonal weather any more!!

hiya Lav ,,,brewtime...years ago I kept dogs,I had a black lab and also a golden ,never had a chocolate one ...it would melt ...ok ok get ma coat!!sad to hear about the retriever ...

yesterdays finds... 2 unknown silver coins ..Im waiting to get them id now but they are at least 700 years old ..I think 1 is French from the crusades..also a brooch still with trace of gilding possibly roman ..pics tomorrow..

hi det glad you are keeping it together friend...ok money might be tight ...but life is more precious ...use it matey enjoy it ...be innovative and creative..

hiya nora c ...how are you then ytoday?you having a cruise round the boards..?sounds good that .."we are off on a cruise"

hiya pie ...nice to see you ..hows life in the fast lane?

hey pauly ...hows you then ...lissen your life is for living ...not putting up with shit from those trollls..Ive gotta agree with Lav..every day of your life is precious too precious to waste on a squabbling bunch of muppets...they have actually created a brill scenario for you if you think about it...whilst the are all creating an atmosphere that even the client will notice ..In comes you bright n breezy full of smiles ..ok some of it may be a front but you would be a breath of fresh air ..the customers woyuld notice ...and if they do then your boss will know ...bingo ..job done!!plus yo will enjoy beating the witches ov eastwick..

big hello to everyone else...keep safe people .lets get out there...

Two rednecks are out hunting in the woods when one says,"I'm dying for a sht,but I haven't got anything to wipe my ass with." redneck 2 says,"Have you got a dollar ?" "Yes," says redneck 1."Well use that," replies redneck 2.So he goes off for 5 minutes and comes back with sht all over his hands and clothes. his mate says,"What the fck happened to you?" Paddy looks at him and replies,"Have you ever tried to wipe your ass with four quarters ?

My mother-in-law was very pleasantly surprised by the shepard's pie I made for her.
                "This is brilliant," she said, "But tell me, what kind of meat did you use?"
                "Dunno," I replied, "But there was a cat on the tin."

A Pirate walked into a bar and the bartender said, “Hey, I haven’t seen you in a while. What happened? You look terrible.”
                “What do you mean?” said the Pirate, “I feel fine.”
                “What about the wooden leg? You didn’t have that before.”
                “Arr, well,” said the Pirate, “We were in a battle, and I got hit with a cannon ball, but I’m fine now.”
                The bartender replied, “Well, OK, but what about that hook? What happened to your hand?”
                The pirate explained, “We were in another battle. I boarded a ship and got into a sword fight. My hand was cut off. I got fitted with a hook, but I’m fine, really.”
                “What about that eye patch?”
                “Arrrr, well” said the pirate, “One day we were at sea, and a flock of a big fat Albatross flew over. As I looked up, the bstard thing only went and sh.t in me eye didn't it, Arrrr!”
                “You’re kidding,” said the bartender. “You couldn’t lose an eye just from bird sh.t”
                “Arr, bejasus lad it was me first day with this feckin hook!”

I walked into a corner shop in Liverpool and picked up a chocolate bar.
                I asked, "how much is this love?"
                She said, "you're not from around here are you?"

Primark, providing leggings and flip flops for the Jeremy Kyle show since 2005.

I went to my next door neighbours BBQ today.
                “Did you bring any beer?” He asked.
                “No,” I replied, “I was chilling out indoors and I couldn’t be bothered to walk to the shop.”
                “You must be the laziest bstard in the world,” He said.
                “Yeah, the taxi driver just told me the same thing.”
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick jokes were outstanding today haha! Yes the chocolate lab might have melted can't wait to see the finds from yesterday,Irma looks as if it wasn't too bad maybe? I'll hafta check the news out,I kept up on it yesterday but the shot they showed just looked windy,hope not too many were injured,well a girl got fired yesterday so Kells friend that she used to work with at another salon is gonna take her spot,I just don't want drama today if fired girl decides to act crazy and show up anyways! She's a train wreck and I'm glad they finally got rid of her,she owes money for booth rent,comes to work hammered sometimes, has a short fuse,,,adios! Now we'll just hafta see what the other two girls are gonna do about staying or leaving,Det glad your friend stopped by so at least you weren't too bored,PQ,I think thats the snowstorm I was talking about,crazy amounts of snow in Sept! Need more coffee have a caffeine withdrawal headache,much love to ALL and wishes for a happy AF Monday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...not a lot of traffic on the thread but that's ok.

Mick...I agree, no more seasonal weather. We hit another 86F today and by Wednesday the high will be 46F. Crazy! Things still really busy with more programs that didn't start last week starting today. I have never not finished all my work during the day before. What I have learned is it doesn't matter. Do the best I can and tomorrow's another day. Sorry your weather is the pits as well. Is all this rain typical for you?

Pauly...I hope you had a drama free day! All I could think of was "Good Riddance!" At least Kell with have a friend to work with. Yup, probably same snowstorm. I don't know what's worse, the heat or the cold.

Shout out to everyone else. Have a restful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

We had a beautiful clear & sunny, coolish day - is everyone jealous now? Ha ha!!!
                      Sorry, didn't mean to brag I think I heard a rumor that all this nice weather will start disappearing on Wednesday.

Mick, congrats on you latest coin finds!
                      I got a chance to meet the new puppy today, extremely cute. I hope he can tolerate the Insanity Twins & learn to not be like them.
                      So the one with the probable brain tumor was completely fine 3 weeks ago when I watched them for a few days. Just this weekend he started falling over & holding his head in a funny way. Their vet happens to live right across the street so he got the dog started on steroids & they helped almost immediately (according to my son). I don't know how long they will be effective but at least they will give the dog a little more time. I am sad about this but what can you do?

Pauly, I hope you get a new group of happy girls to work in the shop. Would be nice for a change, huh?

PQ, I will pray for no snow for you in September, Lol. These weather changes are simply bizarre.
                      And to think the a$$hole in the White House doesn't believe in manmade climate change. I DO!!!!

Hello to the rets of the crowd, Det, Pie & everyone!
                      Have a peaceful night one & all.
                      Remembering 9/11 today!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all how are we today then all good?well again I have to report the rabbits are happily playing in the garden ...in their wellies it has not stopped raining ...so needless to say e aint going away today...the forecast loooks better next week..but instead of going to Cornwall we are thinking of going to Wales .and climbing Mount Snowden..on Julies bucket list so lets do it...so what are we all up to today then?
                        letsav a brew and find oot..

hiya Lav ...how are you today then?all good ..so you have met the choclab...its sad about the retriever but as long as he isnt in pain and the quality of life is there ..thats all you can do

brew time ...heres the coins I found and the brooch...

20170910_220138.jpg

20170910_220306.jpg

20170910_220346.jpg

20170910_220413.jpg

20170910_220932.jpg

hiya ppqp...hows you ..No seasonal weather at all....thats a dead cert..yes we do get rain but definitely not to the extent we are getting it now!!Summer ..yep think that was the 236th June am...how is work going ? and mil ?

hi pauly ....glad kell n her mate will force the other 2 clowns to hand in their notice and leave...so apart from that then Glam gran hows you?

hiya everyone else today lots missing but I guess thats a good sign too ...no dramas in yer life...

saw this ad ..its brill YouTube

these are true...

IDIOT SIGHTING No.1
                        My daughter and I went to the McDonald's checkout to pay our bill and I gave the clerk a £5 note.
                        Our total bill was £4.20, so I also handed her a 20 pence piece.
                        She said, 'You gave me too much money.'
                        I said, 'Yes I know, but this way you can just give me £1 back.'
                        She sighed and went to get the Manager who asked me to repeat my request.
                        I did so, and he handed me back the 20 pence and said 'We're sorry but we do not do that kind of thing.'
                        The clerk then proceeded to give me back 80 pence in change.
                        Do not confuse the clerks at MacDonald's in St Albans , Hertfordshire.!!
                        IDIOT SIGHTING No2
                        We had to have the garage door repaired. The GARADOR repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener.
                        I thought for a moment, and said that we had the largest one GARADOR made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower.
                        He shook his head and said, 'Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower.'
                        I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4 and he said, 'NOOO, it's not. Four is larger than two.'
                        We haven't used Garador repair since.
                        Happened in Moor Park , near Watford .
                        IDIOT SIGHTING No3
                        I live in a semi-rural area. We recently had a new neighbour call the Highways Department to request the removal of the 'DEER CROSSING' sign from our road.
                        The reason: 'Too many deer are being hit by cars on this stretch of road!
                        I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing, any-more.'
                        Story from Potters Bar, Hertfordshire.
                        IDIOT SIGHTING No 4
                        My daughter went to a local Kentucky Fried Chicken and ordered a Taco. She asked the person behind the counter for 'minimal lettuce.' He said he was sorry, but they only had Iceberg Lettuce.
                        From South Oxhey , Hertfordshire.
                        IDIOT SIGHTING No 5
                        I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked,
                        'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?'
                        To which I replied, 'If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?'
                        He smiled knowingly and nodded, 'That's why we ask.'
                        Happened at Luton Airport
                        IDIOT SIGHTING No 6
                        The traffic light on the corner buzzes when the lights turn red and it is safe to cross the road. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged friend of mine.
                        She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red.
                        Appalled, she responded, 'What on earth are blind people doing driving?!'
                        She is a Local County Council employee in St Albans ,
                        Hertfordshire. (And she's NOT blonde)
                        IDIOT SIGHTING No7
                        When my husband and I arrived at our local Ford dealer to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the Service Department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the Driver's door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door-handle and discovered that it was unlocked. 'Hey,' I announced to the Fitter/Mechanic, 'it's open!'
                        His reply: 'I know. I already did that side.'
                        This was at the Ford dealership in St Albans , Hertfordshire.
                        STAY ALERT!
                        They walk among us.
                        AND THEY BREED!

Just thinking they might want to change the names of Hurricanes. Harvey, Irma and Jose aren't very scary. Name them Deathdealer 9000, Nukatron and Ex-Wives Rage and everyone would evacuate without hesitation!

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick nice finds the ad was funny haha,not much going on except daughter drama, grrr,these boys they choose suck and it drives me nuts! Much love to all hope we all have a safe AF Tuesday

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...I see it was a successful detecting day for you. Nice job. I hope your weather improves so you can get your trip to Mount Snowden in.

Pauly...I can just hear my parents saying the same thing about my choice in boys. LOL Hope things settle down soon.

Well the BC fire has now crossed over into Alberta. Mandatory evacuations in place about 3 hours south of me. Fire is travelling west to east so fingers crossed it doesn't turn north.
                            Another brew before heading in to finish off yesterday's work before starting in on today's. Have a Terrific Tuesday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Ahoy ABpeeps and peeepettes!

what a day, but it's come to rest time and I'm grateful. Had my phone interview at lunchtime and I believe all went well
                              and now impatiently waiting to hear back....

Lav, yay for new puppy! always a joyous thing and hopefully will cheer up the ailing doggy.
                              weather here is nutso....hot to stormy to rainy to....who knows what.... hearing some thunder just now.

Mick, those finds are just wonderful, so glad you shared the pics.

Pauly, you have your hands full between juggling work and daughter dramas... the right thing will come.

shouts to PPQ, Nora Sam Snoopy Guitarista and others I can't recall do to lack of sleep

good ol' allergies have been giving me some fun again so hopefully tonight is better for sleep...I'm ready.

ooooh more lighting/thunder. if the sky is clear I'll try for some photos.

gnight loves
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X