w/c 24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 24th

mornin all ..well as you can see never went mental detecting ...the challenge of going possibly hurting myself more and coming home to pretend I was ok in order not to receive a full subscription to I told you so.com wasnt worth it ...so instead Ive cleaned the rabbits out and also the garage..got a guy coming on Tuesday to fit cruise control to my van...that will eventually help fuel costs..so what are we allup to today then? brew time...

hi det...nice pics mate ...that bird looks like some kind of a tern...enjoy the marshall artz and schiessen today ..

Hi Lav...brew time ..yes my body fully understands the aging process ...unfortunately brain doesnt ...it wasnt used too much as a young un ..so it things it is younger than it actually is!!the bird of paradise plant is definitely my fave ..next time you are at Longwood take the camera? well phone!your menus get more tantalising by the day ...firstly dog food ..then chicken feed ...and now potatoes ...where does this womans culinary skills end?????:egad:

hiya ppqp...you ok ...cunning plan put together ?...remember wear gloves!!!!!! disc hasnt popped this time just slipped out a bit ...

pauly ..tt ,sk snoop et al ..yoo hoo !

big hello to all our readers

Three drunk guys get into a taxi and tell the driver where to go. The driver has an idea of the address so he starts the engine, waits about a minute seconds and turns off the car.Driver says, “Alright guys we came!”

The first drunk tips him £5 and gets out.

The second drunk tips him £10 and gets out.

The third drunk then punchs the driver across the face.

Worried that the drunk had realized the car hadn’t moved an inch, he asks the drunk, “What was that punch for?”

The drunk guy says, “Drive carefully next time. You almost killed us!”

look at this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YouTube
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: w/c 24th

Good morning,

Mick, sorry you hurt your back. I looked at the link you sent last week about your trip and it was just gorgeous, too bad it rained. The weather is one thing we have no control over.

Det, your bird pic was amazing, as is all of your photography, I truly enjoy seeing all of it. Glad you are getting out and associating with others, I get the hermit mode thing.

Porquoi, the organization you work for sounds unfair, sorry that is happening to you.

To all, have a good one.

Comment

Morning Mick...good decision about detecting today but I don't know about cleaning out the rabbits and garage! Aren't you supposed to be resting that back. Just putting the finishing touches on "the plan". Basically laying out job descriptions of what I was hired for, the additional General Manager duties I took on while the boss was ill, without additional monetary compensation and the fact that the only thing that's changed is new boss has dumped more/different responsibilities on me. Along with each job description listing the industry standard salaries. We'll see what happens.

Thanks Snoopy...I think I have to agree with Det and stand up for myself. I know I've made financial and procedural changes that have benefited the association and think I need to remind them of it. Just because things had been running smoothly doesn't mean there wasn't a lot of effort on my part to make that happen.

Got the garden cleaned out this morning and put to bed for the winter. Already planning what I'm going to do next year. Hope we all have a Super Sober Sunday....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hi folks. I am home for 10 days and then off again. Not drinking, no full time proper work but heaps of travelling and lots of adventures. I haven't caught up with the thread yet.
        Sorry about your back Mick. Just take it easy.
        Big shout out to one and all.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Mick. being somewhat familiar with disc issues having crushed 4 in the auto accident, they don't take care of themselves, you have to take care of them. A slipped disc is just a few movements from herniated. I wore a back brace for even walking, so I would advise self-care.

Still in the 90's with high humidity and nothing to do today. Had Thai food last night and watched Netflix.

I'll probably take Peggy to the dog park now my bronchitis is improving.

Have a great day everyone.
          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

We had a great visit with the kids today. My granddaughter is just so happy it's almost contagious
            Mick, I think the only way to get you to rest is by us applying four point restraints!!! Do we really have to do that you old coot??? Ha ha. Take care of that back!
            I ended up roasting a big chunk of pork loin for the carnivores to go along with the roasted potatoes, carrots, onion & garlic. Everyone was well fed even though my granddaughter & I don't eat a whole lot of meat.
            The bunnies are voracious eaters, ha ha!

Det, great pics from last night, very nice!
            I hope today was fun for you.

PQ, I truly hope that your plan works out to your advantage. You deserve better compensation for all you do!
            If you need a vicious chicken or two to peck some holes in the head of your boss - just let me know, ha ha!!

Hello to SnoopStar, SK & TT. I hope you are well TT!
            Hello to Pauly too.

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hey hey Aberooos!

a glorious day happy to say, martial arts with buddies, then to the shooting range for the discipline and art of marksmanship.
              Last night I even started back with my weight lifting...slowly that is as I'm still not fully up to speed.

Mick, I should get another bird pic because... one good tern deserves another...har!

Lav, this pic is for you! a buddy of mine was wearing it and it was too cool so I took a quick cell phone
              pic of it. not my regular photo quality but ......

TTops and SK so glad to see you both. Any pics of your adventures? or stories to tell?

PPQ, here's a quote I forget who wrote but it's 'well behaved women rarely make history'.

so go get you some!

ok kids, I better try to wind down as I'm still wound up from feeling so good

gnight loves
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

mornin all..how are we today then?all good then?hope so ...well I fell foul of the female logic ..Julie this morning ....hows your back? moi...not bad at all not as sore as it was ...J see told you ..imagine how bad it would be if you had gone out...oh well...

raining again and the weather reckons that we are going to get the tailend of Maria next week..

brew it is ..

tt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!great to see that you are doing ok..glad that your travels are /were going ok...how many countries have you visited..hows life in the home now that you are back?

hey det ...glad you had a great day yesterday mate...take it eazee on the weights ...glad you managed to tern my comment into a joke...reckon that t shirt is a best seller

hey Lav........stop showing off with the me n u.......!!unfortunately ..in this country they are not allowed to use 4 pt..it breaches human rights !!like you are going to apply it to someone who is non violent threat ...but we seem to have a massive empathy for the obvious perps!!!glad your gd was in good spirits here you are look how much this has grown ...thats a 56 inch high window...

20170925_081655.jpg

nearly forgot ...brew time...

hiya sk ,..how are you ?ouch I know what 1 disc feels like ..but 4 ..ow...Ive got it strapped up with a heat pad too..hope things are ok your way?

hiya ppqp...how are you then?hope your plan goeswell ...think it through before doing it...in the cold light of day if it passes the test you are on a winner

hiya pauly how are you going? hope all is well with you

22007305_1567564349977649_6154785058763807278_n.jpg
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick glad the back is a little better Det,glad you're on the mend too,love that shirt!!! Trip was fun but I decided I hate LA and wonder how anyone would want to live there! Glad we drove to Orange county the next day,,more my pace Kells bf was a big,fat whiner the whole time and I'll never take him on a trip with us again! Much love to all and I hope we all have a great AF Monday
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...thanks for all your support while I try to figure out my work situation.

TT...good to see your post and glad all is well with you.

Det...love the Tshirt! You pace yourself getting back into the swing of things.

Mick...you should know by now you can't win with us ladies! Glad your back is feeling a bit better. Will definitely take my time with the plan. I'm also going to send it to ex-boss's wife before presenting it to current boss.

Pauly...people who tag along on family outings don't have the right to whine! My ex was like that, he was only happy when he was in total control.

Keeping a positive attitude as I start the week. Hope we all have a Marvelous Monday....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Still WAY too hot & humid here, especially for the end of September, crazy stuff
                      Mick, I remember (legally) using 4 point restraints only a few times back in the early-mid 70's. Those patients were violent & I was not interested in getting hurt. But the laws soon changed after that so we were reduced to using 'chemical restraints' but then the laws changed again. Nursing can be a damn dangerous job sometimes.
                      Your plant looks happy & healthy! I found out that Longwood does not sell bird of paradise but there is a nursery not too far from there that probably does sell them. I am going to get one for YB for his birthday coming up next week & see if he can keep it going in the greenhouse over the winter
                      I hope your back is mending & you are really resting.

Det, glad to hear you had such a good day.
                      What a FAB T shirt!!! I should look for one, I would wear it myself

Pauly, glad you are back. Sorry the BF was such a jerk. Next time, tie him up to a fence post before you go away, ha ha!!

PQ, I hope your day was excellent & your positive attitude made all the difference

Hello to the rest of the group & wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all how are we today then?good I hope..just waiting for the man to fit cruise control to my van ...Hes late!!!!!! weather is lovely outside ..sun is shining ..why wasnt it like this last week??anyway not to worry ...back is getting better ...My mate on the farm has a similar problem ..what a pair of misfits!!he has just done his ..picking a rabbit bowl up!!

brew time

hiya pauly ..hows you then ..?so you werent too impressed with your break ?especially with whiney whingey boyfriend?welcome back.Orange county?is that Florida.?

hiya ppqp..yep there isnt a chance of winning against women...never wrong...its just the %of not being quite right that varies!!good move running that stuff passed ex bosses wife first..Im watching the Invictus games from Toronto .it has resurrected madams want to go to Canada ideas ...at this rate I need to ..A)go back to work ,and b)live till Im 200!! have a tremendous Tuesday

hiya Lav hows you then today ?all good I hope ...yes I remember chemical restraints...Largactyl they used to use over here ...commonly known as the liquid cosh..I recall an incident with a particularily violent mad?/bad prisoner ..the plan was to take the team in..restrain him and the hospital officer would sedate him ..ok bang door goes in ..I was shield man so I get first hands on of a fashion ..he is on the floor ,shield is away...Im kneeling holding his head ..just turned in time to see the hospital officer going to stick the needle in me ..!!!fortunately he reacted to me saying excuse me but that is my leg ..or some sort of similar conversation.anyways..here you go a brew ...unlaced!!!!!

hiya everyone else ....guy has just turned up ...speak later..

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick thank goodness you turned in time not to get stuck with the needle! Interesting story,dunno how you handled that career for so long,I loved the trip even though he was annoying all of us,it was me,hubs,Brady,LB her boyfriend, Louie,Kell and that PIA so a full crowd! Hubs had to rent one of those huge vans you see church trips taken in haha,will go again in the future but leave his ass at home much love to all and wishes for a nice AF Tuesday
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE. Det, that shirt is awesome. I'll take 100. Had a neighbor over last night who would have gone ballistic. She was over earlier and saw some reading material and asked if I was a democrat, I said yes and she left saying she needed fresh air! She is in a motorized scooter and I see her all the time so she decided to visit again, lol. Never shuts up. I don't worry about making convo, I can't get a word in edgeways

Having dreamed last night I had a big house cleanup I am exhausted!

Not sure what is up with my dog, She had all her shots on Friday and has been totally lethargic since. I may call the vet.

Paperwork still being processed on husband, just follow up and phonecalls. Definitely have the death certificate photocopied, everyone wants a copy.

Have a good one everyone.
                            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

MAE ALL....wow, what a day! Computer Gremlin running around everyone's systems! Managed to get everything fixed but then was 3 hrs behind in my work. Checkup with the Doc, all ok!

Lav...I don't think a lot of people know how dangerous being a nurse can be. MIL and I had our eyes opened during our 12 hr wait in emergency.

Mick...If I win the lottery I'll send you and Julie airfare but then you'll have to come to Alberta. Glad your guy showed up.

Pauly...that really was a gang. Hope you had a good Tuesday.

SK...I can just picture your neighbour. Have a volunteer working on the planters at the centre and I swear she can breath in while talking! So I take it the house wasn't clean when you got up. LOL Hope your dog is ok.

Here's hoping we all have a peaceful evening.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X