Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and feeling desperate

Hello, I am new & feeling desperate.

I have been using TSM for a week now. I take 50mg 1 hr before drinking. Pour a glass of wine and immediately feel the same warmth and feel goods that make me want to pour another... and another... and by the end of the evening the bottle of wine is gone and I'm debating opening another. This has happened to me every time I take Naltrexone (and obviously when I don't). The medicine has had zero effect on the endorphines I receive from drinking. Has anyone else experienced this? By all accounts people say it curbs their drinking, but I honestly feel no difference. Except for maybe a little nausea. Today I'm suffering a bad hangover today after taking Naltrexone (waiting 1 hr) and drinking too much last night. Again. Any suggestions? I was really hoping that this would help me. Other attemps to stop or curb drinking have failed. Also, could it have something to do w/the fact that I take Zoloft (SSRI)? It's the only thing I can think of that might be blocking the Naltrexone from working properly. Anyhow, thank you for your forum and for listening and hopefully responding.

Hi Bodhi! I know there are a few members that had success using TSM, but for the life of me I can't remember which ones lol. Maybe do a post in the General Discussion area with a headin Success with TSM? Or something like that. Anyway, welcome to MWO, hang in there and I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me on the subject will get back to you!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: New and feeling desperate

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
      Hi Bodhi! I know there are a few members that had success using TSM, but for the life of me I can't remember which ones lol. Maybe do a post in the General Discussion area with a headin Success with TSM? Or something like that. Anyway, welcome to MWO, hang in there and I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me on the subject will get back to you!
      Thank you for your reply, abccowboy! ❤️

Comment

I think [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] has quite a bit of knowledge with the use of various meds and their interactions, maybe private message him?
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi Bodhi. Welcome!

Here's a link to an old thread (2013-14), but you might find it useful.

The author has since been sober for about 4 years i think. Username now is YouKayBee and she still drops in to the site now and then. I'm sure she'd be happy to field any questions you might have. Good luck my friend.
          Last edited by Guitarista; September 25, 2017, 01:26 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION], You ROCK!!!:love:
            [MENTION=24038]Bodhi[/MENTION], welcome to MWO. I got help getting sober with the help of Baclofen and Naltrexone. Naltrexone really does work but it may take several months to finally kick in...I believe another person who has also gotten sober using Naltrexone is MWO member [MENTION=5017]Sunbeam[/MENTION]. Like [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] said, trying private messaging [MENTION=5017]Sunbeam[/MENTION]. The people here are amazing. Welcome and PM me anytime, too.

Comment

Rusty, you are mistaken. I have not used any meds to achieve sobriety. I did hang out for a long time in the moderate drinking section of this site, and others there used some meds to reduce their drinking, so perhaps that’s the confusion. I do support all methods used to reduce or eliminate alcohol from our lives.
              Last edited by Sunbeam; September 25, 2017, 06:35 AM.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

[MENTION=5017]Sunbeam[/MENTION], my sincere apologies for my mistake.osteroops:

Comment

Rusty, No problem at all. We are all in this struggle together.
                  Last edited by Sunbeam; September 25, 2017, 06:38 AM.
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                    I think [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] has quite a bit of knowledge with the use of various meds and their interactions, maybe private message him?
                    Thank you. I will read and research and keep this suggestion in mind. I've much to learn. ✨

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                      Hi Bodhi. Welcome!

Here's a link to an old thread (2013-14), but you might find it useful.

The author has since been sober for about 4 years i think. Username now is YouKayBee and she still drops in to the site now and then. I'm sure she'd be happy to field any questions you might have. Good luck my friend.
                      Great read. Thanks. I'm green in the way that I had no idea it can take months to work. Someone told me they had immediate results so I was confused. It seems if it is to block endorpines, then it would do so right away. And it's not like it's building up in your body if you don't take a nal everyday, so I'm just trying to figure out why the delay for the meds to work. I've much to learn!

Comment

I've never taken naltrexone so no experience, but when i typed in 'the sinclair method' in the search box, quite a few old and newer threads came up logging various people's experiences. All the best with it.

Great that you are taking action to reclaim your precious life. That is a strong statement in self care and self love.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                        X