w/c 1st october

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 1st october

mae all...white rabbitz.....how are we all then today?hopefully well as we nearly hit the ho feckin ho season....next on the agenda is halloween ....loadsa snotty faced kidz with hollowed out pumpkins knocking on the door for a few bux for whatever they spend it on nowadays ..followed then jist over a month later by some old geezer in a red suit and shedful of wild animals in tow,trying to break into your house trying to dump a pile of chinese made tat going under the codename of presents...and in return expecting a drink and food...ho ho ho.....

anyway...Panda fingers crossed seems to be better today ...I couldnt sleep so went to check on them about 2am...given her medication this morning,but she is eating and moving about ...the trouble is that the same instinct that told me she wasnt well doesnt tell me she is better..but she is on meds twice a day....

IMG-20170930-WA0003.jpg

right ...brew time...

hiya pauly how are you today then ? another 24 for you I see ...well done...isnt there something that the state could do for the older people like a pick them up service or something?Im sure there are enough unemployed that they could get someone doing that as a job ...Im pretty sure as a state you are wasting money on something that aint needed!

hiya ppqp...hows you then?hope the weekend is going ok apart from the 45 min wait!as for the fruit and veg ..the only caveat I would suggest is not so many tomatoes and bananas ..they both aint that clever because of the potassium content..thats what I got told and I had hbp...

hiya Lav ...nothing to complain about??? you wanna hand?? taxation ,price of food, policies ,Trump..the last will keep you going for a bit...anyway here is complaint free brew....so the dog sitting went ok then?

hiya sk...how are you today then?hoe all is good ..glad Peggy is on the mend..what a brill idea that app is...you need to let us see this new dog you are going to get ...I know that feeling ...when I go to the rescue I could take all the rabbits no problem....

hi det pie tt snoop and everyone else have a great day.

Ryanair pilot shortage solved......

22196121_1572667896133961_3384398956550472883_n.jpg

My 7 year old son got sent home from school yesterday for chewing gum in class. I had to phone the teacher and explain to her that he's only trying to give up smoking!

I've got a job interview today to become a UPS delivery driver. To show them that I'll fit in well, I'm going to turn up anytime I like between 7am and 7pm.

It's my wife's birthday today, so I'm taking her out tonight to that place where you can drink as much as you like for £4.50.
    The swimming baths.

In the same week that Uber lose their licence to trade in London, Ryanair announce they're taking on 125 new pilots.
    Worrying?
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: w/c 1st october

Good Morning Everyone!

Mick, for how long has Panda been feeling poorly? What are the meds for?

Life in Pieland is bopping along pretty steadily. I think being sober keeps me moving in the middle, without many forays into the highs and lows. For me, this is a good thing.

Thinking of you, Lav, Pauly, PQ, Sam, Det, Snoop, TT, etal., and hoping you are well.

Comment

Mae everybody,lovely to see you Pie I think an even,steady keel is better than highs and lows anyways,Mick,is Panda still acting weird? Crossing my fingers for the beautiful bunny Winslow was acting depressed the other day but luckily he's snapped out of it,weird how dogs get moody too,there is a senior van that pops up from time to time but I think they have to pay,I'm gonna ask a customer next time when I see them get off it but like I said most either take a cab or wait for a neighbor and by then they're so shaggy it makes me sad,would be very hard to hafta count every single ssi dollar! SK,I think an older dog is a great idea ugh more coffee needed! Much love to all and wishing everyone a nice AF Sunday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya pie...she has been poorly since Friday morning...I unlocked her....jeez that sounds like my last job!!!!!!!, but she came out of the hutch and fell did that about 4/5times the meds are antiinflammitories (metacam)..she seems to have perked up today she climbed the steps into the house ...Ive got a funny feeling she damaged sprained/twisted something ...after all she is as dumb as me ...get the results of her bloods tomorrow

pauly thank you for your wishes x
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Morning greetings ABerooos!

up early to play at the range with a buddy. got some testing/experimenting to do.

Mick, is Panda maybe suffering a neurological condition? maybe neuropathy or such?

Lav, sounds your cold is better?

there is a netflix comedy called 'Norsemen' which is great. Imagine a cross between 'the office' and 'vikings'. it's a wacky
          combo but works in a fantastically dry humorous way.

It looks like big brother grinds on here: It Begins: Feds Demand Facebook Hand Over Info on Anti-Trump Users

sadly we are slaves/guilty by our online activities that may be considered non PC. This isn't new of course.

Shot the junior and womens roller derby match last night which was a hoot. Those ladies are crazy but have big fun which is great to see.

time to start up the brew pot.

wishing you all a fine and dandy Sunday

be well loves
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...got my fingers crossed for Panda too. Hope it's a sprain/twist of some kind too. Thanks for the advice on the tom's and bananas. MIL's recurrent statement is people shouldn't live this long. There should be an expiry date at age 75. I find that very sad. It's as if she's just waiting to die. She does get me thinking of my own immortality. Depressing thoughts, putting that in a box!

PI...thanks for stopping by, I always enjoy seeing your posts. Yup, moving in the middle is ideal for me.

Pauly...sending more coffee your way!

Det...nice to see an early morning post from you. Have a great day at the range.

Snow hasn't hit yet so will pop out and get my eye drops then plan on spending the day putzing around the house. Brought work home to look at over the weekend but think I'll just put that in a box too. LOL Have a Special Sunday All....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Aah! Just assembled the BAKED potato salad and duh had a brain fart and realized I boiled the potatoes! Hope it still tastes ok

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning all please forgive the tardy response. Its kind if hard to jump back in when you have been off line for so long. Another overseas trip this week and will see my daughter in Norway. Yippee. Mr G is coming with me for the Norway leg but he has been good lately so hope the mood stays. His new medication seems to help. After Norway I go to New York for research and sightseeing - but do that on my own.
                Sorry to hear about your bunny Mick. How is julie these days?
                I hope to try to catch up folks but if I don't for a while I am there in spirit (but not drinking the stuff):thumbsup:
                Last edited by treetops; October 1, 2017, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Good evening & happy October Abbers

TT, wow you sound like the world traveler extraordinaire, good for you!
                  I hope all of your trips are smooth & easy. Have fun visiting your daughter, how nice.

Mick, the dog sitting went well until I found one of them walking around with a chicken in his mouth this afternoon, geez! I almost had a heart attack, the chicken was OK but a bit shell shocked, to say the least. I hope Panda continues to improve.

Pie, great to see you & glad you are doing well!

Det, I'm sure you had fun watching the roller derby teams, ha ha! Do you remember the girl on the roller derby team who used to post on this thread? That was back when Doggy Girl & Greeneyes were here? Anyway, glad you are happy & well!
                  Btw - I guess the Feds will be looking at my FB page now, Lol

PQ, I hope that snow decided to go somewhere else, you don't need that.
                  Sundays are good for putzing around the house

Pauly, as long as you remember to cook the potatoes the salad will be good, ha ha!

Wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

mornin all ...how are you all doing? hope all is well..weather here is terrible ..hurrricane Maria is certainly giving it out..well Panda fingers crossed seems to be a lot better ..still giving her meds,but she has been in the conservatory ,in the house and the front room ..I haven t seen her fall over at all ...just waiting for the blood results back..

brew time it is

hiya Lav...hows the chicken today then?no worse for its shock?I hope ..glad the dog sitting went well.as for the feds looking at your web page ...ha ha ...hope they look at mine ...might get extradited ....and a free holiday !! brew time ...oh and if there are any cyber spies jotting about ...hi mr president sir great guy etc...

hiya tt ...great to hear from you ...off to Norwege?its really expensive there...glad Mr G s medication is helping ..

hiya pauly ..how did the BOILED potato salad go then ?was it as tasty? guess what ..my bougie is flowerin g yet again even tho I cut it back ...third flowering!!

hiya ppqp...hows you then today?all good hopefully ...Think Panda is going to be ok ...that 75 year is crap....thats a youngster nowadays....I know what you mean about our own mortality ...that crosses my mind every now and again ..yes it is a downer ..but its something we all face ...Kuya used to say ..too busy worrying about the future to enjoy the present and its true ...so box it off and enjoy yourself..

hiya det how are then today ?all good hopefully..how did the shooting go ? methinks there are better tytings to do than look thru facebook for anti Trump stuff!!what a crock..you take it easy mate ..

right peeps big shout to you all ....have a great day....

What's an alcoholics favorite book to read on Cinco De Mayo? / Tequila Mockingbird

Honk if you love peace and quiet.

What do stoners order for breakfast at McDonalds? / Hash browns

What do you call a hair dresser who will rip you off and also smells like shit? / Sham poo

What is the Ukrainian cats favorite food? / Purrrrrogies

what kind of dog tells time? A watchdog!

Where does poop play football? / In the super bowl.

Where does the general put his armies? / In his sleevies.

Q: Mummy, why do all the other kids call me a hairy werewolf?
                    A: Now stop talking about that and brush your face!

Q: When is it bad luck to be followed by a black cat?
                    A: When you’re a mouse.

sayings

Sometimes I drink water - just to surprise my liver.

Hearing voices in your head is normal. Listening to them is quite common. Arguing with them – acceptable. It is only when you lose that argument that you get in real trouble.

Of course I have a talent. I'm really good in bed. Sometimes I sleep more than 9 hours in one go.

"If I wanted to commit suicide, I would climb up to the height of your ego and jump down to your IQ level."

According to my mirror I am pregnant. The father is Nutella.

... and out of the chaos, a sentence came to me:

"Laugh and be happy, it could be worse!"

... and so I laughed and was happy and it really became worse.

If you had to decide between a diet and a piece of chocolate, would you prefer dark, white or milk chocolate?

Organized people are simply too lazy to search for stuff

A jellyfish has existed as a species for 500 million years, surviving just fine without a brain. That gives hope to quite a few people.

My relationship is like an iPad. I don't have an iPad.

I am nobody. Nobody is perfect. I am perfect.

If I can still lie on the ground without having to hold myself, I'm not drunk.

Do people talk about you behind your back? Simply fart.

They say every piece of chocolate you eat shortens your life by 2 minutes. I did the math. Seems I died in 1543.

As long as cocoa beans grow on trees, chocolate is fruit to me.

There are people who are a living proof that total brain failure does not always lead to physical death.

When somebody doesn’t get something:

I’m sorry, I have neither the patience, nor the coloring crayons to explain this to you.

Finally, the spring is here! I'm so thrilled I wet my plants.

If you’re having a bad day, remember some adults wear braces.

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick love "organized people are just too lazy to look for stuff" haha glad Panda is on the mend terrible shooting here last night at the Mandalay bay! I'm sad that happened but kinda glad it was just a guy from here and not an Isis person or whatever,just a goddamn nut job can't think of anyway this one could have been prevented..PQ,the boiled potatoes were okayish but next time I must remember to bake cuz the boiled were missing that taste,I just was thinking regular potato salad I guess,much love to all and wishing us all a nice AF Monday

Comment

Pauly, I take it you were not near the Mandalay for the horrible mass shooting? what a terrible thing
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

No Det I was in bed being the nerd I am,I feel horrible for those people,can't even enjoy a damn concert! Very sad day

Comment

Hi folks just been reading about the Mandalay shooting. How horrific. Looking from the outside some might say tighter gun control could make a difference.
                            It might be a one off but no individual should have access to those kinds of weapons IMO.
                            Glad Panda is looking better Mick. I know Norway is very expensive. Daughter tells me most days. She is loosing weight! We are taking over a suitcase of treats for her.
                            Off to get my hair done today. Not my usual hairdresser so I hope it's OK. Well overdue.
                            Hi there Det, Pauly, PQ, Pauly, Pie and all others.

Comment

[MENTION=17194]treetops[/MENTION], gun control is heavily debated in NA. As a Canadian I am all for gun control. For fear of ban i will keep it tame. Idiots want guns.
                              Last edited by empyr3al; October 2, 2017, 01:28 PM.
                              "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X