w/c 12th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 12th

morn all...how are things today? 12th nov..jeez where has this year gone,definitely toilet roll scenario!well the sun is out here today,was going metal detecting ,but called off,so time for a brew ..rabbits are out playing..well not quite correct both in the greenhouse sunning themselves!
    ok lets have a brew.

hiya det ...I hope you are better tday mate...who are these w.nkers that keep trying to break in ? did you always have this or is this just recent?yes you are right to stay af...then you can deal with the issues ,its pointless trying it with a head full of booze..be positive ....dont give in ..yes I know it sounds easy to say,but every single person who has quit has gone thru that mill ..and so can you ..just have the strength to stand against it ...I dont like going on but it frustrates me seeing you do so good and then on the spur of the moment you chuck it all up in the air so come on mate...you and you alone can change it.we can help butyou are the one that has to have the guts to say no when it feels a bit tuff....harsh I know...but the alternative aint so clever.You can do this!!!!!!!!

hiya ppqp...so did you get up to anything outside?did the weather hold up for you?

hi pauly...hows your weekend going?up to anything?

hiya Lav ..brew time ..did you find the missing chicken?mebbes you can tempt her with do nuts? 18 degs ..isnt bad think ours is slightly lower this morning...so here is a hand warming brew...

big yoo hoo .to everyone

here you go ..the marks and sparks xmas ad..its funny ,because at one point he says something that everyone has kicked off on

Viewers have mocked the Marks and Spencer Christmas advert after claiming that the burglar featured in the clip swears at Paddington Bear.

The advert sees the famous children's character mistake a thief for Father Christmas before proceeding to help him return all the presents he has stolen from people’s homes to their rightful owners.

Towards the end of the clip, the burglar thanks Paddington for helping him see the error of his ways, telling him: “Oh thank you, little bear.”

However, some viewers thought that instead of ‘thank you’, the thief had said ‘f*** you’.

YouTube

have a good day
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: w/c 12th

Mae everybody,Mick defo a toilet roll scenario this year has been! Seems like after my bro I was in a trance for a few months,,just going through the motions,plus lost days to alcohol,I just can't believe this year is nearly gone,hubs might be in the midst of a job change and it makes me nervous especially cuz I've been slow at work,gonna hafta use my credit card for groceries today so I can keep my cash I have,,shit! You don't know how good things are going til they stop going good then think back hey it wasn't too bad,meh,it'll work out the way it's supposed to I guess,much love to all and wishes for a nice AF Sunday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for sharing the M&S video. It was hard to hear the F*K You, especially since you said it was thank you. Wonder what I would have heard if you hadn't said that.

Pauly...as Mick says I think a lot of us blew our budget on toilet paper this year. How are the allergies? Have they settled down a little?

Det...what kind of prescription did you get. Something for the food allergy or for the booze. Inquiring minds want to know. Do you think the burglars are after your guns or did they get them all the first time?

Lav...did the chick show up? Hope your AWOL chicken returned safe and sound.

Gorgeous day yesterday and I did get out just to do some walking. Today is going to be a repeat, except I might be meeting up with a bride later this afternoon.
      Have a Super Sober Sunday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Happy Sunday ABerooos,

yes Mick, I'm in command and I must make this stick like cement. Sorry you didn't get out detecting today.
        it's cold here but at least sunny and pleasant now.

Lav, seems something was going on with your chickens?

Pauly, money thing is a huge stressor and we need to not let to get to us so much even though it's so damn hard.

PPQ, dunno what they are after, damn punks. Yes, med for bolstering my defenses against AL. Happy to go into
        detail by PM anytime.

everyone enjoy your day.

be well loves
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi everyone. Had trouble getting on to the site and this will have to be quick. Now at NewarK waiting for flights back home it's going to take a long time. I still haven't read back so am not up with the play of things. I was nearly knocked over by two young guys in a store in Upper West Side. I don't like the violence, inequalities, noise and dirt here. There are very positive things of course but overall I don't think I would like to live in New York at all. Catch you later.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

have a safe trip home TT!
            I would not want to live in NYC either. A day long visit there is enough for the likes of me

Mick, I enjoyed the Christmas ad, ha ha!
            My chicken is still AWOL so I guess she was nabbed by something bigger & stronger like a fox or something.
            Still cold here but just a little better than yesterday.

Pualy, stay calm, everything will improve. Finances can be shaky at times but they improve. Keep a good watch on unnecessary spending, limit eating out & all that. You'll be surprised how quickly things turn around. This has been a quick year, honestly.

PQ, glad to hear you are having some milder weather this weekend. I just read that Boston has broken a 116 year record for cold weather on this date, ouch!

Det, good to see you & hope things continue to improve for you as well. You don't by chance have a security camera focused on your door, do you? It would be nice to see who these idiots are & the police could pick them up. We worry about break ins around here too, there's been several on our road since we moved in, makes me nervous. Keep taking good care of you!!

Hello to the rest of the crowd & wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hi folks ,hope everyone is ok...noticed yesterday that Jeeves was a bit placid and reserved...my feeling was that something was wrong....emergency vet in Manchester ...2 injections and meds..Ive been up most of the night but he is coming round thankfully ..he is eating a little bit this morning ....he is a nightmare to syringe feed!

will try and get back on after ...heres a brew to keep ya going ..
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick hope everything is ok with Jeeves,Det,I've always read that once a house gets hit it's some % of getting hit again,hopefully they won't be back I feckin hate thieves!TT,you're probably back home safe and sound now,I've never been to NYC and I'm not sure I'd even want to go unless I was with a local who knew their way around,such a huge,condensed city,I'd get lost and I'd be scared,wrapped some Christmas presents last night,,its coming rather I want it to or not and I'd rather not have a bad attitude about it,just make it a happy time,much love to all and wishes for a great AF Monday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick..sorry to hear about Jeeves hope he's doing better. Man, you'll be glad to see 2017 behind you!

Pauly...I'm with you on NYC. Wrapped Christmas presents, man you're way ahead of me!

Lav..see your green light is on so we'll probably X-post again.

It was an extremely busy day today, don't know why but I'm exhausted. And hungry, didn't stop for lunch. Off to see what I can scratch up. Peaceful night all...:smile:PPQP
                  Last edited by porqoui; November 13, 2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Hey PQ - I see your green light too

Mick, sorry about Jeeves. I hope he gets well soon, poor fella.
                    Take care of yourself too!

Pauly, I have been picking up Christmas gifts here & there but nothing wrapped yet. You win, ha ha!!!

Not much going on here today, a little work but I had that done by noon. Spent the rest of the day doing pretty much nothing.
                    Looking forward to the return of some sunshine tomorrow along with my energy, LOL

Hello to Det, hope you are OK.
                    Hello to everyone else.

Peace to all tonight!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good eve ABerooos!

fine day here with nary a craving in site. The new meds are a relief on my brain, like some noise has stopped. I'll take it!

Lav, sorry bout the chicken...you never know she may just pop up eventually.

TTops, great to see you. I like parts of NY and other parts not so much.

loooong day and I'm in good spirits but beat. Sorry to not reply to everyone but you are
                      all dear to me.

gnight loves
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

morning all,it smee how are we all today then?good ?Really foggy over here this morning,as well as still dark.The Jeevster still goes strong ...he is a nightmare to try and give meds and food via syringe..you have got to get him on your knees flip him on to his back ,hod his head still and give him 3 syringes..which he immediately bites,it is like holdin a cup of water and clapping at the same time...Neither of them will come in to the house to stay,and the temps are pretty low at night ,so they now have heatpads to lie on.talk about spoiled ..but hey.
                        Dentist for me this morning...a check up and clean...
                        ok brew time it is..

morning tt ..how are you?take it you are home now..Newark ? thats in Nottinghamshire.....hope all is well with you.Is that the travelling done now?

hi det ..howzyoo today then?all ok? you know you can have as many meds as you want mate,and I applaud you for it ...the one you need most is strength..and that aint in a bottle..the strength to say no to the craving the strength to see it thru and you can ...but you are the only one that has got it buddy .

hiya ppqp..how are you then today?what did you end up making to scran?Jeeves as we speak is getting washed by Panda ...not had meds yet..hope your day is a good one

huya pauly ,how are you ...I went to NY once ...on an overnight from Orlando...it was snowing ,it looked like London ,Manchester ,Shanghai,Leeds with yellow cabs..the overnight was enough ..perhaps I didnt give it a chance ..I will never know what I missed. hope you are ok.

hiya Lav...can we have our sunshine back?trade you for some fog?oh and I will throw in a brew...

big hello to everyone else.....

my kids are running around the house making a hell of a noise.

Shouting things like, "We're fcking freezing, let us in!"

A duck walks into a pub and orders a pint of beer and a ham sandwich.
                        The barman looks at him and says,
                        "Hang on! You're a duck."
                        "I see your eyes are working," replies the duck.
                        "And you can talk" exclaims the barman.
                        "I see your ears are working, too," says the duck.
                        "Now if you don't mind, can I have my beer and my sandwich please?"
                        "Certainly, sorry about that, says the barman as he pulls the duck's pint.
                        "It's just we don't get many ducks in this pub. What are you doing
                        round this way?"
                        "I'm working on the building site across the road," Explains the duck.
                        "I'm a plasterer."
                        The flabbergasted barman cannot believe the duck and wants to learn
                        more, but takes the hint when the duck pulls out a newspaper from his
                        bag and proceeds to read it. So, the duck reads his paper, drinks his beer, eats his sandwich, bids the barman good day and leaves. The same thing happens for two weeks.
                        Then one day the circus comes to town.
                        The ringmaster comes into the pub for a pint and the barman says to him
                        "You're with the circus, aren't you? Well, I know this duck that
                        could be just brilliant in your circus. He talks, drinks beer, eats
                        sandwiches, reads the newspaper and everything!" "Sounds marvelous,"says the ringmaster, handing over his business card.
                        "Get him to give me a call."
                        So the next day when the duck comes into the pub the barman says,
                        "Hey Mr. Duck, I reckon I can line you up with a top job, paying
                        really good money."
                        "I'm always looking for the next job," says the duck.
                        "Where is it?"
                        "At the circus" says the barman.
                        "The circus?" repeats the duck.
                        "That's right," replies the barman.
                        The duck asks again, "with the big tent?"
                        Yeah," the barman replies.
                        "With all the animals who live in cages, and performers who live in
                        caravans?" says the duck.
                        "Of course," the barman replies.
                        "And the tent has canvas sides and a big canvas roof with a hole in
                        the middle?" persists the duck.
                        "That's right!" says the barman.
                        The duck shakes his head in amazement, and says
                        "What the F##k would they want with a plasterer ??!"

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick sounds like a pain pinning little Jeeves down but hafta do it,duck joke was cute Det,glad your head is a little quieter,sometimes that mind chatter just needs to shut the eff up! I've gotten myself into trouble many times by giving into thoughts that just wouldn't stop,woke up at 3:30 cuz I forgot to turn my phone volume down and a stupid email pinged and scared me awake,irritating,my mom text me yesterday that she might ride down with my brother this weekend and I'm begging you all to try to be available if I need to sort shit out,I've posted in all 3 threads I post on cuz I just want to be prepared,much love to all and wishes for a nice AF Tuesday
                          Last edited by paulywogg; November 14, 2017, 08:37 AM.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...foggy here as well this morning. And dark. Had to drop the car off for an oil change so was out the door early. Glad Jeeves is doing better and I bet they love their heat pads. No wonder they won't come in the house to stay. Couldn't find anything to scratch a meal out of so ordered pizza. LOL Another busy day today, preparing for a scheduled power outage tonight and then got the word it has to be rescheduled. At least I don't have to start up all the computers in the morning.

Pauly...will keep an eye on the thread this weekend when I can. We're having our Christmas Craft Sale at work on Fri/Sat. Remember, deep breaths if things get rough.

Det...hope your day wasn't as long today. Glad you're in good spirits, keep it up.

Lav...just a shot out to you.

Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Feeling a bit sad myself - just found out my granddaughter fell on the playground at school today & has fractured a bone in her hand. She's getting xrays & probably being casted now. Ugh, I really thought one of the grandsons would be the first to break a bone. Guess I thought wrong, poor kid. Her mother is rather upset too, I may have to take a ride over to see my girls tomorrow.

Mick, 24 hr care of any patient (bunny or human) is always a lot of work! I'm sure you are doing your very best!

Det, glad you are on plan again, yay!

Pauly, I'll gladly give you my number if you feel like you want to text me. You also need some Lavanitude lessons - don't let your mother get under your skin girl!!!!

Hello to PQ & anyone else checking in later.

Have a nice night everyone. I'm going to try not to worry myself about things I cannot control
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X