Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 19

MAE ALL...starting this week's thread.

Mick...hope your detecting is successful today.

Pauly...saw your post on last weeks thread so thought I'd copy it over here.

Mae everybody,Pie,sorry you had to get rid of your client but as you said it would be nearly impossible to find her a place with all of that,PQ,I never realized it before but I think Portland daughter works at an event place similar to yours,weddings,baby showers,etc,,thats weird no baking allowed at a craft thing,thats the only reason I go haha feel a bit melancholy cuz although I didn't want to drink during my mom's visit I did want to see her I just felt I couldn't handle the emotions right now but this guilt is a lot to handle too,oh well it'll pass,much love and wishes for a happy AF Sunday

I think the coworker took the easy way out. If all the other craft fairs can figure out the health regulations why couldn't she. Sorry you're feeling melancholy and I don't think you have anything to feel guilty about. Maybe a call to her?

Lav...definitely taking it easy today. Got a lot of my shows taped so it's a binge watching tv day. LOL

Wishing everyone a Super Sober Sunday....:PPQP:
    Last edited by porqoui; November 19, 2017, 10:18 AM.

Re: w/c 19

Thanks PQ,forgot it was a new week I guess
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya folks ...itsmee not long back ...found a couple of bits ,once Ive cleaned them up...hope all is ok
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
        hiya folks ...itsmee not long back ...found a couple of bits ,once Ive cleaned them up...hope all is ok
        :yay:

Comment

Good Sunday evening Abbers,

Greetings from the land of cold winds, BRRRR!!!
          Somehow or another the power stayed on so I am grateful!

PQ, are there really health regulations regarding the sale of baked goods? No one seems to give a hoot about that in the US! If I bake something gluten free, dairy free or nut free I usually label it so the buyers know what they are getting. I'm really nice that way, ha ha!!!!
          Glad you have an easy day planned for today.

Pauly, no guilt necessary! You are doing what you have to do to protect yourself right now & there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Perhaps, some day in the future you will feel able to sit down & explain to your mom why you had to take measures to protect your quit. Be proud of your good decision.

Mick, congrats on your finds today. Hope they are awesome

Today ended up being horseradish harvest day. YB went out & dug up the roots, peeled them & processed them outside. I let him use my food processor because I am so nice, LOL. He made a ton of the stuff, will have to find takers!!

Hello to the rest of the group & wishing a nice night for all!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
            PQ, are there really health regulations regarding the sale of baked goods?
            Lav
            Yup, if it's offered to the public (craft sale) and not prepared in a "commercial kitchen" (which complies with the health regulations) it has to be identified as such and all ingredients listed. Hadn't been a problem for the last 4 years when it was my responsibility LOL
            Last edited by porqoui; November 19, 2017, 10:10 PM.

Comment

mornin all..monday here ..a wet and rainy one to boot....Julies dads birfday so we are taking him out for a meal tonight,so how is everyone? hopefully ok... lets have a brew first of all.

20171120_075709.jpg

heres one of the things I found yesterday...doesnt look much ,but its pretty rare it is a terret ring ...ok whats that? horsey people will know..its

A terret is a metal loop on a horse harness, guiding the lines and preventing them from becoming tangled or snagged on the harness. ... Terrets are commonly made of brass or steel, and they may stand up stiffly, or they may consist of a hinged ring. They are usually circular, but may be U-shaped or square.

this one is bronze age...and he bronze age here was 2500..800 bc so a minimum age is app 3000 yrs old with a max of 4600...

hiya ppqp ..how are you today ..good on you starting the fred.glad thingz went ok at the craft fair...despite the regs on the food...

hi pauly ...hope you are doing ok today....I know you would want to see your mum ,and yep you coulda handled the no drink.com scene but if its still raw ,the memories etc ,you maybe best not in that position of fk it and get blasted..better to be sane talk than slabber talk! big hugs ...

hiya Lav...freezing yesterday...saw a monkey looking for a welder ....what an incredibly generous good spirited person you are!!I ll save a chair upstairs for you..... in the meantime have a brew...

hello everyone else...

Prince Charles was driving around his mother's estate when he
              accidentally ran over her favourite dog,
              crushing it to a pulp. He got out of his Range Rover and sat down on
              the grass totally distraught.
              The whole world was against him and now his mother would go
              ballistic. Suddenly he noticed a lamp half-buried in the ground.He dug it up, polished it and immediately a Genie appeared. "You have freed me
              from thousands of years of imprisonment," said the Genie. "As a reward I shall grant you one wish."
              "Well, " said the Prince, "I have all the material things I need, but let me show you this dog." They walk over to the splattered remains of the dog. "Do you think you could bring this dog back to life for me?"
              The Genie carefully looked at the remains and shook his head. "This
              body is too far gone for even me to bring it back to life. Is there something else you would like?"
              Prince Charles thought for a minute, reached into his pocket and pulled out two photos
              First Photo - "I was married to this beautiful woman called Diana,"
              said Prince Charles.
              Second Photo - "But now I love this woman called Camilla,""You see Camilla isn't beautiful at all, so do you think you can make Camilla as beautiful as Diana?"
              The Genie studied the two photographs and after a few minutes
              said, "Let's have another look at the dog!"

I lay in bed with the Wife earlier and said, "Luv, you know how you're always going on about the patter of tiny feet? Well."
              "Oh my God!" She gasped excitedly, "You want us to try for a baby?"
              "No I said , we've got fcking mice in the loft."

Paddy takes two stuffed dogs on to the Antique Roadshow.
              "Ohh," said the presenter, "This is a very rare set, produced by the celebrated Johns Brothers Taxidermists who operated in London at the turn of the 19th century. Do you have any idea what they would fetch if they were in good condition?"
              "Sticks!" Paddy replied.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick funny jokes tired this morning and it's cold(for Vegas people) PQ,that's a total bummer about the baked goods but I guess with the food allergies and stuff it kinda makes sense but it's still a drag I got to see my brother and cousin for a little bit yesterday and I'm really glad they stopped by,it made me feel less sad about my mom not coming,still hard but what's done is done,weekend's over and I'm not hungover(even tho I have a headache and I'm still tired) those two will pass,Lav,that was a lot of horseradish! What do you put it on?my only experience with horseradish is they always ask if we want it at the Arby's drive thru haha,much love to all and wishes for a happy AF Monday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Huge horseradish fan here, Lav! I'll pop over in a bit to pick some up from you. May I have a side of prime rib as well, please?
                  Last edited by Pie; November 20, 2017, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

As some of you already know - we have enough horseradish here to float a boat, ha ha!!!!
                    This was the first time we tried growing it, I guess we did OK.

PQ, commercial kitchens cross-contaminate foods as well as home bakers - don't know who to trust except yourself I guess

Mick, you are quite a finder of cool things
                    I hope the birthday dinner went well.

Pauly, good horseradish is an awesome flavoring that can be added to all kinds of foods - even a tiny bit in mashed potatoes believe it or not. YB uses it with just about anything he eats. It's an acquired taste, for sure.

Pie, I wish I could get some samples of this stuff in the mail for everyone, haha!

I took my list to the supermarket today & hopefully got everything I need for the holiday. I will not go back to the store, it was a madhouse!!!Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...I'll take wet and rainy. The temps kept dropping all day with a wicked north wind. Still can't seem to warm up. Nice find, I just love your history lessons. Hope you had a nice birthday dinner.

Pauly...I was tired this morning and I'm still tired. Going to be an early night for me. I think the coworker made the wrong call. Every other Craft Fair in the city, and there were a lot of them, allowed baking.

Pi...now I want prime rib. Sounds better than the soup and grilled cheese I'm planning.

Lav...totally agree. Unless the health inspector is going to stand there and watch them, what difference does it make. I am not a horseradish fan so you can save some postage if you're mailing. LOL

Wishing everyone a rejuvenating rest, I know I need it....:smile:PPQP

Comment

morning all..how are we doing then ? hope all is well..garden is flooded here ,had some heck of a rainstrom,...rabbits are uot with their wellies on ..ok brew time...

hiya ppqp how are you today then? less tired ? hope so...oh well wrong call ...job done.onwards and upwards...thats the way forward.hows the garden doing?soup and grilled cheese sounds good ,but too much mess for me ...I hate grilling soup.

hiya Lav...airmail me some if you want ...horseradish is my fave ...happily have a plateful of gravy,mix horse radish in it and mop it all up with bread...trade it for a brew....

hiya pie ,how are you then ...hope all is good your way.

hiya pauly ...how are you today?hope the headache has gone..what do you put horseradish on?anything ..literally!!I have in the past actually spread it on rich tea biscuits !!!

hello everyone else...hope everyone stopped trying to stop are good...

An American touring Spain stopped at a local restaurant following a day
                        of sightseeing. While sipping his sangria, he noticed a sizzling,
                        scrumptious looking platter being served at the next table. Not only did
                        it look good, the smell was wonderful. He asked the waiter, "What is that
                        you just served?"
                        The waiter replied, " Ah senor, you have excellent taste! Those are bulls
                        testicles from the bull fight this morning. A delicacy!"
                        The American, though momentarily daunted, said, "What the hell, I'm on
                        vacation! Bring me an order!"
                        The waiter replied, "I am so sorry senor. There is only one serving per
                        day because there is only one bull fight each morning. If you come early
                        tomorrow and place your order, we will be sure to save you this delicacy!"
                        The next day, the American returned, placed his order, and then that
                        evening he was served the one and only special delicacy of the day.
                        After a few bites, and inspecting the contents of his platter, he called
                        to the waiter and said, "These are delicious, but they are much, much
                        smaller than the ones I saw you serve yesterday!"
                        The waiter shrugged his shoulders and replied, "Si senor. Sometimes the bull wins!"

People criticise shops for starting selling Christmas stuff too early.
                        Well our supermarket has birthday cake and mine isn't for another 7 months!

My 17 year old son won £21 million pounds on the lottery recently and when I tried to ring him to congratulate him he didn't want anything to do with me.
                        His foster parents must have raised him to be a right little shit.

Comment

Morning Mick and MAE ALL....

Mick...you break me up..."I hate grilling soup!" Definitely less tired, actually had a really good sleep and woke up feeling energized. Garden is in hibernating mode. If I can figure out how to create an IMG file I'll upload a pic for you. Didn't see the balls joke ending up the way it did. Gotta get a coffee, will be back in a bit....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,haha you're too funny Mick lots of work stress,the owner had the nerve to yell at Kell yesterday cuz she's only working part time,well he wants everyone there to work full time I guess,he's getting too old to be running that place cuz he has no clue about what's even going on,pisses me off cuz he puts a girl in charge while he's away to the Philippines yet her hands are tied on what she can do,if you remember I posted that we fired a girl for being behind in booth rent,well there's another behind and she just bought a 2018 Toyota SUV!! They won't fire her cuz she said she'll get caught up after January,last I heard she's going to Texas for 2 weeks in January! To me I'd write it off as a loss,fire her ass and find someone else,sorry for the rant but because of her we're not getting Christmas bonuses this year either aaaah! Much love to all and wishes for a decent AF Tuesday
                            Last edited by paulywogg; November 21, 2017, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Hi folks. How's everything going? Another job interview for me today - its via the internet. Will last an hour. Glad to see the usual crowd here discussing horseradish and such like. Good on you Pauly for dealing with your Mums visit. Hope you are all keeping warm. Sorry this is brief but it takes a while to get back into posting.

Comment

Working...
                              X