w/c 24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 24th

Re-posting Mick's post from the end of last week....again.

Morning all how are we today then. Hope all good and getting better..get some more chicken soup Sam. Apart from the cough we are both doing okagain the weather is good. Just worked out 7 week after we get home we will be in India. Better be no colds for that one
    Hi lav glad you had a good day with gd. ..is the dil here tomorrow
    Paul it's done... move it on..Don't let it all go to ratshit..just have the nouse to sayenuffs snuff. .
    Hi ppqp nope won't be home for Xmas. Hooray
    Hiya tt bet you are glad daughter is home. .roll mop for Xmas dinner.
    ?
    Hiya set hope you are doing ok mate

Good folks that's another year almost in...For a lot of us a painful one tinged with times for hurt sadness an other emotions. .I tank you all for your help and support and wish you and yours the best
    Ted

Re: w/c 24th

Moving Pie over as well....

Morning All,

A 30 degree drop in temps has booted me out of the warm weather camp, which I quite like. Long list of to-do's today, so off and running. Love you, Pauly. Hang in there!
    Last edited by porqoui; December 24, 2017, 08:51 AM.

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...if I was where you are I wouldn't come home for Christmas either. At least I don't live in the east where they're getting freezing rain as well as snow. I also thank you for all your love and support and wish you a happy and healthy new year.

ABC...just got that moved and up you pop. Looks like we're both in the same boat now for weather. Have a safe, happy and healthy new year.

Pi...didn't want to leave you behind. Now that's more like it, too bad you have a long list of to-do's.

Lav...he only mentioned glaucoma once and I assumed it was related to the pressure from my iritis drops. I will get it clarified in 6 weeks. Enjoy your family time today.

Now that I've got the thread sorted I'm off to get the brews ready. Think we'll all be needing them today. Back in a bit....:smile:PPQP

Back with brews all around. Tummy fed and grateful I don't have to go anywhere today with it currently being -0.4F. Hope we all have a Special Sober Sunday all.
      Last edited by porqoui; December 24, 2017, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Moving Det to the new thread as well.

Top O the Sunday ABerooos!

Mick, an exciting travel/adventurer you are indeed.... I'm hoping to travel some day.

Pauly, just say it like it is and be real. You're having a hard time, made an error and doing your best.
        distractions help me get through the torment of detox. If you can get benzos from a doc to do home
        detox it's well worth calling around. I've managed that a few times over the years.

Darn fingers/toes hurting again yesterday so i slathered myself with lidocaine ointment and it's at least helping.
        Have more questions in to my doc. ugh!

No snow! also no sunshine, so winter pics are challenging. Here's a couple from last year just to be in the spirit:

Pictures didn't come through so you'll have to check out the end of w/c 17 to see them

A friend has invited me over for prime rib lunch but they have cats and dogs so I just don't know
        if I'm up for an allergy-attack. hmmm. Do need to run and get some supplies at wally world.

I also have tomorrow off, so more opportunities for adventure, especially if the sun pops out.

Anyhoo, no cravings aside from a sugar binge yesterday... ate near a whole box of
        peanut brittle. egad.

Will be back laterish.

be well loves

Comment

Thanks PPQ. couple more seasonal pics:

nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Christmas eve greeting all Abbers

Getting chillier by the minute, had a few snow flakes fall & now it's rain. Hopefully it's stays above freezing, I'm not a happy camper on ice.

Mick, I hope you are having a merry time & getting better by the day!

Det, nice pics, no matter if they are last year's vintage.
            Are you allergic to cats & dogs for sure or just guessing? I've been around animals all of my life & usually don't have any problems. Once in a while I find myself reacting to someone's cat & to the bunny rabbit my kids had when they were young. Be careful with that peanut brittle, it's as addicting as crack (juts like the caramel popcorn I make for my family) ha ha.
            I make the stuff but I don't eat it (can't handle the butter involved).

Pie, plunging temps but you won't see snow, right?

Pauly, I really hope you are on the mend & can enjoy some time with your family :hug:

PQ, be careful in the sub-freezing cold, Brrr!!! Hope you can stay home & stay warm.

Hello to TT!

Sam, hope you are feeling a bit better!

My granddaughter has gone home with her parents, excited about Santa's arrival tonight. I was shocked & pleased by a visit from my son & grandsons this afternoon too. Maybe 2018 will bring some healing to my fractured family, I sure hope so. My son & daughter did not actually speak to each other but at least they were in the same room for a few hours. I'll take all the blessings I can get.

Wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav.... I'll take all the blessings I can get. ... my sentiments as well. :heartbeat:
              Last edited by porqoui; December 24, 2017, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Merry Christmas to you all.
                Hopefully everyone will have a great day. ..this is the start of the rest of your life..choose well and enjoy xxx
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

It'll be a great day if I don't freeze! It's -8F!

images.jpg
                  Last edited by porqoui; December 25, 2017, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Merry Christmas Abbers
                    Last edited by paulywogg; December 25, 2017, 10:38 AM.
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by porqoui View Post
                      It'll be a great day if I don't freeze! It's -8F!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3996[/ATTACH]
                      Holy Guacamole, PQ! Merry Christmas Y'all!!

Comment

Merry christmas!!
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hi folks and hope you are enjoying your day. Its Boxing Day here but I am not going shopping. Mick will know what I mean. Might have a walk instead.
                          Lav - I made fresh raspberry vegan icecream and it's not very nice. I followed a recipe using coconut milk and honey. I think the honey ruined it As it was too sweet and a yukky consistency. I think sugar works better than honey what do you think? Any good vegan icecream recipes that you can recommend. Oh well the cherry pie was damned good,

Comment

Happy pagan winter solstice ABerooos!

PPQ, that's just a wee bit too cold to sustain human life... goodness. No skinny-dipping for you today.

Lav, yep I'm allergic to cats and dogs for sure... would have to find a hypoallergenic breed. Maybe a hedgehog?
                            Glad to hear family scene is looking up.

Slept like crappo last night for whatever reason. Just a slow chilling-out day which is fine by me. Sun is
                            trying too peek out here and there... maybe get some pics afterall.

Pauly, pop in dear!

wishing the AB crew a fine, festive, and healthy day

be well loves
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers & Merry Christmas to all

No kids here today, just us & the animals but that's OK.
                              Currently 26 degrees but feeling much colder cause it's incredibly windy. We haven't lost power yet but I've heard a lot of people have, ugh. Feel bad for them trying to cook & whatnot.

Mick, I hope you had a nice sunny day!

Sam & Pauly, good to see you both even if it's briefly

TT, I don't think I've ever used honey in an ice cream recipe. Honey is not vegan & I don't buy agave syrup. I like to sweeten things with bananas or coconut sugar.
                              Sounds crazy but if you cut bananas into chunks, freeze them then toss them right into your food processor you get the best ice cream!! I usually toss in some dairy free chocolate chips or toasted coconut, yum. Check out the recipes on the Beaming Baker You searched for ice cream - Beaming Baker

PQ, you poor thing. Stay as warm as possible :hug:

Hi there Pie!

Det, we'll have to get you some allergy shots, geez.
                              I didn't sleep much myself last night - think it was due to an OD on sugar......I had cookies, ha ha!

Warming my tootsies by the fire, nothing else happening.
                              Wishing everyone peace tonight!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X