week beginning 31 Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

week beginning 31 Jan

Hi folks thought I would start the thread and the PJ Party. I'm all dressed for the part and have already had a wee boogie. Decafe coffee and some Danish chocolate for sinful measure. Ok I confess, ice-cream too.
    Hope to see the rest of the gang here for New Year's!

Re: week beginning 31 Jan

TT, living it up!!

not much but same ol same. Inch by inch. Haven't gotten my voice back yet, the wife's in heaven.
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,count me in for the PJ party! Defo staying in tonight and will be in bed early,I'm sure the neighbors will be letting off fireworks which means Winslow will take to sleeping under my bed again much love to all and wishes for a happy AF NYE
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

TT...thanks for starting the thread. I know you're ahead of us but a whole month! LOL Welcome to 2018 and I hope it's a great year for you. See you at the party.

Sam...I thought of your wife when you said you'd lost your voice. LOL Hope you're on the mending side of things.

Pauly...I think I just won't bother getting out of my PJ's today. Woke to -22F and it's not supposed to get much warmer during the day.

Lav...I only remember 1 year when we had a snowfall like Erie and once was enough for me. Usually it's too cold for a lot of snow but the last 2 days proved that theory wrong.

Off to put the coffee on will be back in a bit....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya everyone ....last of the old as we shut the door
          2017 its almost no more,
          For some twas good ,for others bad,
          some parts joyous others sad.

Now as we look forward to things unseen ,
          As we march on into 2018,
          Dont fret with worry panic or strife,
          Enjoy each day as the start of new life

Each and every day you wake,
          with every sober breath you take
          thank those around you who've supported you well.
          and helped you to beat your living hell.

so dear friends and supporters without further ado ..
          to everyone here,I truly thank you
          God bless you all and those you hold dear
          I wish you all a joyous new year...

I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2018 when...

1. You accidentally enter your PIN on the microwave.

2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.

3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.

4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.

5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses.

6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.

7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen

8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't even have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.

10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.

11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )

12. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.

13. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.

14. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.

15. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list.

~~~~~~~~~~~AND FINALLY~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOW U R LAUGHING at yourself.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Ok now I am officially confused!

Det...moving you over to the new thread as you posted today at 9:30am my time, but it's Sunday for me.

Happy Sattitditty ABerooos!

oh my, sausages, travel, snow, statue symbolism... all so much for this sleepy head.
            Think i'll fire up a 2nd brew and try to stop shivering, woke up a bit cold. Great to see the
            thread populated and active for this festive weekend.
            back later loves. be well

I woke up cold as well. Hope you're joining us for the PJ NYE party tonight....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Oh dear sorry I had the month wrong! Don't trust me to organise parties now that I am sober! It's definitely New Year's Day here.
              I watched an episode of Alias Grace on Netflix last night. It was good if not a tad sad.
              Expecting 22 degrees Celsius today and that's not minus.

Comment

TT...no worries, keeps us on our toes. Saw the fireworks on the news this morning, did you partake? I'll have to google Alias Grace. 22! Do you by any chance have a guest bedroom?

Comment

Minus 22 degrees! I would not survive

I posted, promptly go the flu and disappeared . This has been the total muscle weakness flu and the entire family has been in bed for days.

I think what I realized from the test more than anything, is that 1 or 2 drinks do actually reawaken the monster. Chemical reactions in our brain can be out of our control, thus leading us to do things we logically know are not good for us. Thankfully, for me the FEAR of a hangover or anxiety overrides those chemical reactions. It is not like I logically thought, "i'm cured"....it came all on it own and was taking on a life of it own--with little regard to my logical thinking.

I have eaten very little the last 4 days and plan to bunker down tongight and try to get some food in me.

So glad to see the gang is all here!

Comment

Aw SF...yup I'm hearing that the flu hits just that quick! You bunker down and you can never get too much chicken soup! I totally agree that chemical reactions in our brain can get out of control and take on a life of their own. Living with someone who's Bipolar and refusing to accept it made me a believer. Like you said, even 1 drink can reawaken the monster. Feel better soon....:smle:PPQP
                    Last edited by porqoui; January 1, 2018, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Still 3 hours until 2018 here
                      Still freezing our a$$es off, oh my!!! 9 degrees F in this neck if the woods!

Mick, wishing you a very happy & healthy 2018!
                      Thanks for the poem, true that we need to choose happiness each & every morning

TT, thanks for starting the party & happy 2018 to you!

SF, sorry you have the flu, it can be harsh. I wish you a speedy recovery, drink lots of tea.

Sam, still no voice? Goodness fella, have some honey in hot tea
                      Hope you are better real soon!

PQ, this cold snap we're having is unusual. I heard we are going to have the coldest weather ever recorded in the Philadelphia region for New Year's day. Isn't that just swell.
                      What wonderful things do you have planned for New Year's day?

My plan is to stay inside as much as possible & not freeze to death, Ha ha!!!
                      Wishing everyone a peaceful night & a very happy 2018.

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav,
                        sounds of silence!
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody and Happy New Year! Hope everyone had a peaceful night,,I was in bed by 9,watched New York's ball drop on tv then said screw it and dozed off,poor hubs has to work today and he's grumpy over it haha,Sam,hope you're on the mend,whatever sickness I have is still lingering and it's bugging me,Mick,thanks for the poem I really hope this is a better year,I feel like 2017 just kept beating me up,,one thing would happen,then another,just overall sad,Det,thanks for the texts it means a lot my friend much love to all and wishes for a great AF Monday!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Top of the New Year to yiz all this morning!

Very happy to be alive, well, and in no need of a hangover remedy. Loved your poem, Mick.

Comment

happy new year all....hope its a good one ...raining here...let the peskiesout and its a kind of erm no thanks we aint coming out..I hpe this year is a good one for us all..so lets help ourselves and each other.

I became confused when I heard these terms which reference the word 'service'.

Internal Revenue 'Service'
                              U.S. Postal 'Service'
                              Telephone 'Service'
                              T.V. 'Service'
                              Civil 'Service'
                              City & County Public 'Service'
                              Customer 'Service'

This is not what I thought 'service' meant. But today, I overheard two farmers talking, and one of them said he had hired a bull to 'service' a few cows. BAM!!! It all came into perspective. I now understand what all those 'service' agencies are doing to us.

I hope you are as enlightened as I am.

A young businessman had just started his own firm. He rented a beautiful office and had it furnished with antiques. Sitting there, he saw a man come into the outer office. Wishing to appear the hot shot, the businessman picked up the phone and started to pretend he had a big deal working.

He threw huge figures around and made giant commitments. Finally he hung up and asked the visitor, "Can I help you?"

The man said, "Yeah, I've come to activate your phone lines."

There was a little boy who loved to dress up like a cowboy and pretend that he was one. His mother gave him some money one day to go to the local soda fountain and buy a sundae.

As the little boy ordered the sundae, the waitress asked him, "Do you want one scoop or two"?

The little boy said, "Two, please".

Then the waitress asked, "Do you you want chocolate sauce"?

The little boy replied, "Yes, please".

Then the waitress asked the little boy, "Do you want your nuts crushed"?

The little boy pulled his toy gun out, pointed it at the waitress and said, "Do you want your jugs shot off"?

An Avon lady was alone in an elevator when suddenly she had to fart. She promptly reached into her bag and sprayed the air with her deodorizer. Two floors later, a gentleman got on the elevator.

He began to sniff...

The Avon lady asked, "Do you smell something"?

"Well, yes I do", he replied.

"What does it smell like"?

The bemused gentleman answered, "I'm not sure, but it kinda smells like someone shit in a pine tree".

Joe was talking to his buddy at the bar, and he said, "I don't know what to get my wife for her birthday - she has everything, and besides, she can afford to buy anything she wants, so I'm stumped".

His buddy said, "I have an idea - why don't you make up a certificate saying she can have 60 minutes of great sex, any way she wants it - she'll probably be thrilled".

So that's what Joe did.

The next day at the bar his buddy said, "Well? Did you take my suggestion"?

"Yes, I did", said Joe.

"Did she like it" His buddy asked?

"Oh yes! she jumped up, thanked me, kissed me on the forehead and ran out the door, yelling "I'll be back in an hour"!!

A young Jew and an old Jew are riding on a bus in Jerusalem.

The young Jew asks, "Excuse me, sir, what time is it?"

The old Jew doesn't answer.

"Excuse me, sir," the young Jew asks again, "what time is it?"

The old Jew looks up him, but still doesn't answer.

The young Jew is puzzled, "Sir, forgive me for interrupting you all the time, but I really want to know what time it is. Why won't you answer me?"

The old Jew turns toward the young man and says, "Son, the next stop is the last on this route. I don't know you, so you must be a stranger. If I answer you now, according to Jewish tradition, I must invite you to my home. You're handsome and I have a beautiful daughter. You would fall in love with her and you'd want to get married. And tell me, why would I want a son-in-law who can't even afford a fcking watch"?

A Cork radio station was running a competition - words that weren't in the dictionary yet could still be used in a sentence that would make logical sense. The prize was a trip to Bali.

DJ: 96FM here, what's your name?

Caller: Hi my names's Dave

DJ: Dave, what's your word?

Caller: Goan... spelt G-O-A-N, pronunced GO-AN

DJ: You are correct Dave 'goan' is not in the dictionary. Now for a trip to Bali: What sentence can you use that word in that would make sense.

Caller: Goan f**k yourself

The DJ cust the caller short and took other calls, all unsuccessful until:

DJ: 96FM, what's your name?

Caller: Hi the name is Jeff

DJ: Jeff, what's your word?

Caller: Smee... spelt S-M-E-E, pronounced 'smee'.

DJ: ... You are correct, Jeff 'smee' is not in the dictionary. Now for a trip to Bali: What sentence can you use that word in that makes sense?

Caller: Smee again! Goan f**k yourself!
                              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                              X