Super Sober Shout Out Sunday 7th January 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Sober Shout Out Sunday 7th January 2018

Rightio back to normal................I'd like to see a big SUPER SHOUTY OUTY SUNDAY from members who have been here a while, those just starting out again and those just starting out for the very first time..........the time of the week to blow your own bagpipes ..........keeping it with the New Year theme

SHOUT IT LOUD AND SHOUT IT PROUD. STAY STRONG AND KEEP THINKING POSITIVE ONE AND ALL. LET'S GIVE OUR BEST TOGETHER

Don't be shy and give it a try...........remember each and everyone one of us here started with a day one!!!!!

Let the time and date calendar take the strain from your brain when you're counting...........Date Duration Calculator: Days between two dates

For me its 8 years, 6 months excluding the end date..........:egad:
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: Super Sober Shout Out Sunday 7th January 2018

1498 days and rolling along nicely in 2018
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Days turn to weeks, weeks to months and now months to a year. Still clean, sober & happier than I've been for its now '18 :thumbsup:
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Day 1 again ...but with some major changes this time
        Last edited by tonyniceday; January 7, 2018, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyniceday View Post
          [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION]. Tell me what you are doing as I have young Satz in relapse here at the moment.

Comment

From daily drinking to this:

1658 days 4 years, 6 months, 14 days

It is UNBELIEVABLE even to me who has gone through it.
            THANK YOU MWO inkele:

Comment

That's awesome Satz!

Comment

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
                That's awesome Satz!
                I KNOW [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] - I hadn't checked days for a long time and was surprised & very very proud
                Last edited by satz123; January 7, 2018, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                  [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION]. Tell me what you are doing as I have young Satz in relapse here at the moment.
                  Hi Benji.... I've moved 60 miles away and staying with a tee total friend....I had to get away from the constant pressure of being an "evening drinker" but because I have no " off switch" that never worked for me... itsa very scary new start and the new work search is started in earnest. Gonna get some meds organised tomorrow and then things should be easier....at the moment I am the very last person to give advice but I always remember that old quote... "if you want to change some things in your life, you've got to change some things in your life!"

Comment

5 years, 6 months, 4 days and an egg banjo.....
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Cruising my way through my sixth year: 5 years 4 months plus. Enjoying every day of my new life. Congrats to all!
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

1157 days here! Happy Sober Sunday all! :welldone:
                        Kicked AL to the curb November 9, 2014!

Comment

Another week! :thumbsup:
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Shouting out LOUD AND PROUD!!! - 821 days today for MOI!! Yay ME!!! inkele:

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
                            Days turn to weeks, weeks to months and now months to a year. Still clean, sober & happier than I've been for its now '18
                            KTAB -i t is always so lovely to read your posts and to see how happy and content you are. Great job!!!
                            Originally posted by tonyniceday View Post
                            Hey Tony - great job on getting back on the wagon and back at MWO. Changes can only do good. Stick close by the forum and use whatever support you need to help you. We've all been where you are. Some of us more times that we wish to remember. It can be done - best of luck to you!!
                            Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                            From daily drinking to this:

1658 days 4 years, 6 months, 14 days

It is UNBELIEVABLE even to me who has gone through it.
                            THANK YOU MWO
                            Me too, Satzy. I hadn't checked in for some time and was amazed to see that I am over 800 days AF. 1000 here I come!!!!!!!
                            Originally posted by Mick View Post
                            5 years, 6 months, 4 days and an egg banjo.....
                            Ah Mickelus - you always make me smile!
                            Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                            Another week! :thumbsup:
                            Great job AB! - Is it as cold in Alberta as it is in Ontario? My younger son and family arrived last Saturday. -28C at night with a windshield factor of -40C. Only -22C during the day. Things warmed up over the week and actually got up to -13C. Practically t-shirt weather. :upsidedown:

Congrats to all of you I haven't mentioned. As they say - every single day we stay AF is an accomplishment to be proud of.

Many thanks to [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] for starting this thread. LOOOOOOVE the bagpiper!!
                            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Great to see you again [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]! Yep, was bitter cold here as well, lowest we got was -36C, -48C with wind chill! Warmed up a bit this past week, but getting bitter cold again this coming week! I wish they'd quit shooting up those rockets and satellites, they're just punching holes in the atmosphere and letting all the heat out lol.
                              Last edited by abcowboy; January 7, 2018, 09:18 AM.
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                              X