WARNING on Bac from GOLD PHARMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WARNING on Bac from GOLD PHARMA

Through inadvertent troubleshooting I am convinced that the 25 mg tabs I got from Gold Pharma are either not potent enough, have become denatured or are just not authentic. Here's how I know. I had been getting my bac from All Day Chemist and have been slowly titrating up. I got up to 75 mg and started using the baclofen that I had gotten more recently from Gold Pharma. It was just out of convenience. The Gold Pharma version just happened to be in my kitchen where the rest of my meds are so I started taking 75 mg of that for about 3 or so weeks. I was out of town and took the All Day Chemist batch with me in my baggage. Well, when I took the All Day Chemist version of 75 mg it felt like an overdose. The effects were so much stronger, I felt like I was going mad. So I went back down to 50 mg of the All Day Chemist version--which is still comparatively intense but tolerable--and will resume my titration. I tossed the Baclofen from Gold Pharma and will never order from them again.

Any similar experiences?

**For the record, i am now holding steady at a 50 mg dose until my 2 days jail time for a DUI has been served. I know I can withstand two days without the medication at lower doses because I've tried it. Once this is behind me, my plan is to get up to the mid 300's where I successfully hit indifference several years back**
    Last edited by TX Git Slinger; January 14, 2018, 08:14 AM.
    Indifference 350 on 9/20/11. Titrated down to 180 got the cravings. Titrated back up to mid-300's and all Hades broke loose. Hope to get better.

"if i can't dance, it's not my revolution - sister Emma Goldman

Re: WARNING on Bac from GOLD PHARMA

[MENTION=15258]TX Git Slinger[/MENTION], Were they different brands? I’ve found that some are much less effective than others. I believe Zaclofen was the one I had trouble with. I’ve never had issues with Goldpharma and have ordered from them forever.
    http://baclofentreatment.com/
    http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org
    http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org/f...or-alcoholism/

Comment

Baclofen Dura is the one from Gold Pharma. Liofen is the one from All Day Chemist. Will definitely be sticking to the latter.
      Indifference 350 on 9/20/11. Titrated down to 180 got the cravings. Titrated back up to mid-300's and all Hades broke loose. Hope to get better.

Comment

Hey,

What effects were different? - Side effects?

Are you sure this was not just a reaction to the different binders and fillers?

Regards,

Bacman
        Last edited by Baclofenman; January 15, 2018, 03:54 PM.
        I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
        Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

I can't say unequivocally for obvious reasons. not sure what other ingredients in the pills. All I can say is that I noticed a dramatic difference in the two. The Baclofen Dura was giving me zero psychoactive or physical effects and when I reverted back to the pills from All Day Chemist at the same dose of 75mg I could barely tolerate the feelings. It was side effects x5. I felt like I might have felt if I had started baclofen at a ridiculously high dosage for the first time ever. I have enough experience on and off with baclofen over the years to know the sensations etc. I've also been on different versions of baclofen. The difference was so pronounced that I feel like the Baclofen Dura from Gold Pharma was at least lacking in potency.

Comment

I reached indifference using Baclofen dura. I never found it to be less effective even though I have a prescription for the ‘real’ Baclofen now. I believe your side effects were due to switching immediately from one to the other. When you are changing brands you’re supposed to gradually add the new one in and phase out the old to minimize SEs. [MENTION=12381]terryk[/MENTION] wrote a good article about that. Please see below. Scroll down the page for the section on switching brands,

Baclofen Withdrawal - Baclofen Withdrawal - The End of my Addiction
            http://baclofentreatment.com/
            http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org
            http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org/f...or-alcoholism/

Comment

I’m sure dura is what the pharmacists prescribe in the uk

Comment

Originally posted by nicnak68 View Post
                I’m sure dura is what the pharmacists prescribe in the uk
                I get Mylan, although they have tried to palm me off with a different generic in the past. *Obviously* I put the pharmacy right on this mistake!

Incidentally [MENTION=22520]nicnak68[/MENTION], are you on a Baclofen program currently?

Regards,

Bacman
                Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

No Bachman,the constipation for me means I really can’t get in with it.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnak68 View Post
                    No Bachman,the constipation for me means I really can’t get in with it.
                    Hi Nicnak,

I have some Mylan if you want to try these? - Email me or PM if you cant find the email addy

I did still have constipation with these but not so bad. Incidentally I had a week or so with no Baclofen and my constipation did not seem to improve

Funilly enough, I have started taking my Statins again and have no such issues now!!

Regards,

Bachman
                    Last edited by Baclofenman; January 25, 2018, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks Bacman but I have tried Mylan and still had constipation.
                      Even though I’m completly off baclofen it still takes about 2 months for the constipation to stop.
                      Trust me to be one of the few people to have this problem so severely

Comment

On the topic of goldpharma, I notice its now goldpharma.cn not goldpharma.com as it used to be.

Does anyone in the UK find themselves paying customs on orders from them now?

Thanks in advance!

Mickey

Comment

That's interesting [MENTION=20729]MickeySoFine1972[/MENTION] - I thought that Goldpharma was a German company. If they are now based in China I'm a little concerned. I have placed many orders from Goldpharma and never had an issue in the past, but China doesn't enforce many standards on pharmaceuticals so I don't know that I'll use them again. I've also been happy with alldaychemist and River Pharmacy.

I'm not in the UK so I can't comment on the customs part.

Comment

[MENTION=20729]MickeySoFine1972[/MENTION]

Just FYI I did place an order for meds (not bac) from Goldpharma recently. They were in German packages and the package was shipped from Germany. I don't know why their website ends in ".cn" now. My guess is that they have farmed out their website and customer service to a Chinese company?
                            Last edited by _serenity_; April 3, 2019, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X