w/c 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 4th

mornin all how are we today then?weather here is lovely ...didnt go detecting ..tbh another farm I used to go n has said no...the problem being iit is in Lincs ,,the flattest county there is ,and people come from all over to go hare coursing ...a blood sport where they loose their dog to chase hares ..Lincs being so open too ...Quite a few instances if farmers getting hurt challenging these shitbags..so instead of trying to id folk ..if there as anyone there then they know they shouldnt ...sad I know but I understand and respect the farmers wishes.
    Hence the trains and railways ..

H re is a better picture of where I am up to ..

20180203_160340.jpg

ok lets have.......

a brew.

hiya Lav ..nope no boiled Jeeves!!hope grandson is ok....as I reacall.with pinterrest you sign up initially and it asksyou if you want updates or something...so it may be a case of unsubscribing and starting again
    as for the Thomas ..for g/s

20180115_185859.jpg

this is one that was made at the club I have joined...its a thomas ..did you knowthat there were some carriages painted wrongly ...and they are worth about 200 bux each?

hiya pie...glad the cold is over for you ...Im ok ,getting back to being me again.I guess emotionally I just got whacked.. but getting into life again..giving jeeves his meds? be firm but gentle and calm with him ..he doesnt understand scottish but he defo understands tonal intonation.!!

hiya det how are you feeling today mate? hows the bug ? buggered orf?.......

hiya pauly ...how are you then? yep Irn Bru is a soda..scotlands other national drink they call it..the sugar in it..no wonder scotland is hypo.

hiya ppqp..hows you then you need the roof insulating no problem ....I ll do a neater job than mine ..I just wanted to get it done rapido.you having a good weekend?

hiya tt and sam ..hope you are both well....?

right peeps have a good one.

On his first day of classes at a university, a student took a front row seat in a literature course.

The professor told them they would be responsible for reading five books and that he would provide them with a list of authors from which they could choose.

Then the professor ambled over to the lectern, took out his class notes and began ... "Baker, Black, Brooks, Carter, Cook ... "

The student was working feverishly to get down all the names, when he felt a tap on his shoulder.

The student in back of him whispered, "He's taking attendance".

Little Johnny has just been toilet trained and decides to use the big toilet like his daddy...

He pushes up the seat and balances his little penis on the rim. Just then the toilet seat slams down and little Johnny lets out a scream.

His mother comes running to find Johnny hopping round the room clutching his privates and screaming in pain.

He looks up at her with his little tear stained face and sniffles, "K-k-k-k-kiss {sniff} it and make it better".

Little Johnny’s mother shouts, "Don’t start your father’s shit with me"!

At The Pharmacy

A woman walks into a drugstore and asks the pharmacist if he sells size extra large condoms.

He replies, "Yes we do. Would you like to buy some"?

She responds, "No sir, but do you mind if I wait around here until someone does"?

Spiders

I was reading how a female spider will kill and then eat the male spider after mating.

I guess female spiders know that life insurance is easier to collect than child support.

tt......for you

When you next read an academic paper, make sure you have this handy guide by your side.

"IT HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN"...
    I didn't look up the original reference.

"A DEFINITE TREND IS EVIDENT"...
    These data are practically meaningless.

"WHILE IT HAS NOT BEEN POSSIBLE TO PROVIDE DEFINITE ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS"...
    An unsuccessful experiment but I still hope to get it published.

"THREE OF THE SAMPLES WERE CHOSEN FOR DETAILED STUDY"...
    The other results didn't make any sense.

"TYPICAL RESULTS ARE SHOWN"...
    This is the prettiest graph.

"THESE RESULTS WILL BE IN A SUBSEQUENT REPORT"...
    I might get around to this sometime, if pushed/funded.

"IN MY EXPERIENCE"...
    Once.

"IN CASE AFTER CASE"...
    Twice.

"IN A SERIES OF CASES"...
    Thrice.

"IT IS BELIEVED THAT"...
    I think.

"IT IS GENERALLY BELIEVED THAT"...
    A couple of others think so, too.

"CORRECT WITHIN AN ORDER OF MAGNITUDE" ...
    Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

"ACCORDING TO STATISTICAL ANALYSIS"...
    Rumour has it.

"A STATISTICALLY-ORIENTED PROJECTION OF THE SIGNIFICANCE
    OF THESE FINDINGS"...
    A really wild guess.

"A CAREFUL ANALYSIS OF OBTAINABLE DATA"...
    Three pages of notes were obliterated when I knocked over a beer glass.

"IT IS CLEAR THAT MUCH ADDITIONAL WORK WILL BE REQUIRED BEFORE A COMPLETE UNDERSTANDING OF THIS PHENOMENON OCCURS"...
    I don't understand it....and I never will.

"AFTER ADDITIONAL STUDY BY MY COLLEAGUES"...
    They don't understand it either.

"A HIGHLY SIGNIFICANT AREA FOR EXPLORATORY STUDY"...
    A totally useless topic selected by my committee.

"IT IS HOPED THAT THIS STUDY WILL STIMULATE FURTHER INVESTIGATION IN THIS FIELD"...
    I am pleased to feed you this rubbish.

Dear Abby,
    I have never written to you before, but I really need your advice. I have suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs. phone rings but if I answer, the caller hangs up.

My wife has been going out with 'the girls' a lot recently although when I ask their names she always says, 'just some friends from work, you don’t know them.' I always try to stay awake to look out for her coming home, but I usually fall asleep. Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife. I think deep down I just didn’t want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to really check on her.

Around midnight, I decided to hide in the garage behind my golf clubs so I could get a good view of the whole street when she arrived home from a night out with 'the girls'. It was at that moment, crouching behind my clubs, that I noticed that the graphite shaft on my driver appeared to have a hairline crack right by the club head.

Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it back to the golf shop where I bought it?

Thanks Jim

After a visit to the doctor, Joe Bloggs, the city team's centre forward dropped in to his local pub for a quick one. "What’s up mate?" asked his friend Brian, "you look worried".

"Yes, I am," Joe replied. "I've just been to the doctor's and he told me I can't play football."

"Oh, really?" said Brian. "He's seen you play too then, has he"?

and finally.....

A woman went to her doctor for a follow-up visit after the doctor had prescribed testosterone (a male hormone) for her. She was a little worried about some of the side effects she was experiencing.

"Doctor, the hormones you've been giving me have really helped, but I'm afraid that you're giving me too much. I've started growing hair in places that I've never grown hair before".

The doctor reassured her, "A little hair growth is a perfectly normal side effect of testosterone. Just where has this hair appeared"?

"On my balls".
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: w/c 4th

Mae everybody,Mick I think the train room is gonna be a really fun hobby for you too bad about the detecting area,Det,hope you feel better,I had that a few weeks ago if you remember but I still don't know if it was a 24 hour bug or something I ate,hubs tried to make me eat toast and it took a half hour to eat one piece,ugh,PQ,I bought a premade meatloaf from Sprouts yesterday and it was pretty good,I'm not a meatloaf person but it was a nice change,been in the 70's here all week,feels good but that's when peeps let their guard down and get sick sometimes,Pie,I think its my own personal sleep fairy trying to sabotage me haha,much love to all and wishes for a nice AF Sunday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Who can join me for Sunday brunch? I've saved us a table on the patio.

brunch.jpg

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pi...I'll just finish my Super Bowl Snack for Breakie (shrimp) and be right there. Thanks.

Pauly...I don't like the store bought meatloaf as there's usually too much tomato sauce on it. I like mine with beef broth in preparation for terrific meatloaf sandwiches the next day. We are now in day 2 of Snowmageden and I'm so thankful I don't work on weekends! Makes for interesting news stories.

Mick...rapido works for me, -8F with the windchill this morning. Enough snow out there thoughts of building an igloo dancing around in me head. LOL

Det...hope you're getting some relief!

Shout out to the rest of the gang....:smile:PPQP
        Last edited by porqoui; February 4, 2018, 11:01 AM.

Comment

RunningCourage posted on Super Sober Shout Out Sunday 4th February 2018 with a link that really hit home for me. Thought I'd share it with you all....thanks RC.
          How I let drinking take over my life | News | The Guardian

Comment

a brilliant article...well worth reading
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Happy SuperBowl Sunday to everyone. The game is on but I'm not really watching it, I never do, ha ha! I should be happy that the Philadelphia Eagles are doing very well so far.

Mick, 15 years ago when we arrived here there was a group of folks who used to run their beagles (dozens of them) thru here on a fox hunt. We told them to stop riding their horses thru here now that we've built a house on this former farmland. Now I'm wishing they would come back for the foxes, ha ha. The main problem was one of their beagles got himself stuck under our brand new chicken house. Fortunately we were able to extract the beagle. Things change over time, just the way it is!
              Your train room looks nice fun times. Can you build train cars big enough for bunny rides? That would be cool
              Our son is away at work on his 24 hr shift but he texted us to say that both boys are now sick, not surprised. No one there with them except their mother, I hope they are OK because she is usually distracted with herself.

Pie, you sure do treat yourself to a nice brunch lady, ha ha!!

Pauly & PQ, I found a good recipe several years ago for a low sodium meatloaf. I make it with ground turkey instead of beef, just my preference. I think I should make one this week, great idea.
              PQ, how much is your snowfall total, dare I ask?
              That was an interesting article, thanks for posting the link.

I spent the afternoon with both embroidery machines running. My daughter needs 180 small 1" sized lace teacups stitched to use for a mother's day tea she's planning for her girl scout service unit. Got about 50 done, that's a start. She's planning to use the lace teacups to decorate napkin holders or something. Glad to be of help

Hello to the rest of the crowd & wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all ..how are we today then? all good I hope..jeeves has had the last of his meds and seems happy enough ..its just starting to snow outside ...we have been promised relly bad weather this week ..doesnt bode well at all..
                so everyone have a decent weekend?

lets get a brew going....

hiya Lav how are you then?that is apart from fox trouble ....for fox sake will they not just disappear ? Ive just let the rabbits out but a watchful eye on them..how are the gk s ..

have look at this ..this is my ambition.......ha

Dave`s Model Railway Tour of the Completed Layout Feb. 2015 - YouTube

hiya ppqp ...hows snowmageddon? its dry here and the snow is starting so..........,I like meatloaf to...I could eat it quickern a bat out of hell...... have an ice day ig building ...you dont need to build a loo...

hiya pie ...that looks very simialr to our backgarden apart from the chef ,the sun ,the buildings and the layout ..apart from that its similar......hope you are ok.

hiya pauly hows you then? all ok? I made a sorta bubble nsqueak last night ..leeks sprouts and potatoes all mashed up and fried ..it were grand ...

hiya sam and tt ..how are you both?all ok ...

not a lot happening here today so with that I will do one...hope you all have a good day x

I was telling a girl in the pub about my uncanny ability to guess the day a woman was born just by feeling their breasts.

"Really?" she said. "Go on then... Try."

After about 30 seconds of fondling she began to lose patience.

"Come on," she demanded, "What day was I born?"

"Yesterday?" I replied.

More from The Mouth's of Babes
                MELANIE (age 5)
                asked her Granny how old she was. Granny replied she was so old she didn't remember any more. Melanie said, 'If you don't remember you must look in the back of your panties. Mine say five to six.'

STEVEN (age 3)
                hugged and kissed his Mom good night 'I love you so much that when you die I'm going to bury you outside my bedroom window.'

BRITTANY (age 4)
                had an ear ache and wanted a pain killer. She tried in vain to take the lid off the bottle. Seeing her frustration, her Mom explained it was a child-proof cap and she'd have to open it for her. Eyes wide with wonder, the little girl asked: 'How does it know it's me?'

SUSAN (age 4)
                was drinking juice when she got the hiccups. 'Please don't give me this juice again,' she said, 'It makes my teeth cough..'

DJ (age 4)
                stepped onto the bathroom scale and asked: 'How much do I cost?'

CLINTON (age 5)
                was in his bedroom looking worried when his Mom asked what was troubling him, he replied, 'I don't know what'll happen with this bed when I get married. How will my wife fit in it?'

MARC (age 4)
                was engrossed in a young couple that were hugging and kissing in a restaurant. Without taking his eyes off them, he asked his dad: 'Why is he whispering in her mouth?'

TAMMY(age 4)
                was with her mother when they met an elderly, rather wrinkled woman her Mom knew. Tammy looked at her for a while and then asked, 'Why doesn't your skin fit your face?'

JAMES (age 4)
                was listening to a Bible story. His dad read: 'The man named Lot was warned to take his wife and flee out of the city but his wife looked back and was turned to salt.' Concerned, James asked: 'What happened to the flea?'

The Sermon I think this Mom will never forget..
                This particular Sunday sermon...'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust...' He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

NIAMH (age 4)
                was trying on many shoes at a local shoe shop and she kept staring at the assistant and then looking round to her mummy until she eventually got more bemused by the assistant's looks and then said in not too quiet a voice, mummy why does that lady have a moustache. At that point they hastily left the shoe shop!

One of the pups in a breeder's litter of collies had a strange appetite, fostered no doubt, because the dog fancier's kennel was deep in the southern United States.

The odd youngster spurned regular dog food, no meaty tid-bits could tempt him and he hated dog biscuits.

Just in time to save the little dog's life, the owner found he would eat nothing but melons.

He doted on them.

His brother pups could not understand this and they teased him unmercifully.

He became the butt of their pranks until his tail would droop and he would whimper and shiver in a corner.

His mother, trying to comfort him, called him to her and she said "Come to me, my melon....... collie......... baby".

What the State Motto Really should be...

ALABAMA: Literacy Ain't Everything
                ARIZONA: But it's a dry heat, I tell ya!
                ARKANSAS: At Least We're not Oklahoma
                D.C.: Now With Fewer Murders Than New Orleans
                DELAWARE: No One Knows We Exist
                FLORIDA: The Gunshine State
                HAWAII: We're All Tanned and Healthy and You're Fat and Dying!
                IDAHO: Enough About the Damn Potatoes!
                ILLINOIS: Gateway to Iowa
                KENTUCKY: Tobacco is a Vegetable
                LOUISIANA State Joke: Men Working
                MAINE: For Sale
                MASSACHUSETTS: Chappaquidick...'nuff said
                MONTANA: Land of the Big Sky, and Very Little Else
                NEVADA: Lose Your Money and Leave
                NEW JERSEY: You Have the Right to Remain Silent, You Have the Right to an Attorney
                NEW MEXICO: Lizards Make Excellent Pets
                NORTH CAROLINA: Five Million People; Fifteen Last Names
                OHIO: Don't Judge us by Cleveland
                OKLAHOMA: 50th Most Visited State!
                PENNSYLVANIA: Cook with Coal
                RHODE Island: Too Small to Care About
                SOUTH DAKOTA: Closer than North Dakota
                TENNESSEE: The Educashun State
                TEXAS: Si Habla Ingles
                TEXAS: Not as Boring as Nebraska
                UTAH: Our Jesus is Better than Your Jesus
                VERMONT: Quaint and Cold
                WEST VIRGINIA: We're all related

Comment

morn all
                  kinda iced in a bit... not too bad, though

Lav, enjoy the super bowl did you? I rarely watch tv so ads are a foreign and strange thing to me. And they still are....

Det, you all better?

PQ, thanks for the link. how's the temps?

Mick, glad Jeeves is on the mend. Enjoyed the train vid.

here's a pic of my fiddle I got a couple years back.

fiddlin.jpg

waves to you Pauly, Pi, TT and alls!
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick love the kids saying,they really do say the cutest things at those ages,I made almond crusty chicken breast last night it was a nice change Sam,very nice shirt and sweet from me today,took a benadryl last night and never again,hardly slept anyways and now I have creepy lingering from it,anyhoo,much love to all and wishes for a nice AF Monday
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi folks. Interesting projects you guys have. Mini teacups, railways, what else? My daughter used to be terrified of Thomas the tank engine - she would scream when it came on the telly. Mind you she was skeptical about Barney the dinosaur and now we know why.
                      Just working away here at home. Its a public holiday today but tha means nothing to me.
                      Nothing inspiring to say I'm afraid but you all take care.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...we got about 2 feet of snow it varied throughout the city and here in the northwest was the heaviest. Did you get the rest of your teacups done?

Mick...I love Dave's Model Railway, that's pretty ambitious for you and I bet you'll love it. No snow for the next 2 days and then it'll be back with another 10 inches expected. We have snow route parking bans here and when the city calls one everyone has to move their cars for 72 hours so the plows can clean the streets.

Sam...nice pic, is that the one your friend gave you? It's freezing here, with windchill we're sitting around -13F.

Pauly...shirt and sweet from you today eh? LOL Bummer about the Benadryl it seems like you just can't take anything.

TT...your daughter is the first one I've heard of that didn't like Thomas the Train. I hope your research is going good.

Well it's soup and grilled cheese tonight as I'm too tired to make anything else. Hope you all have a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Mick, that train set up of Dave's looks just like the one my elderly former neighbor has in his house - takes up the entire basement, ha ha!!
                          I haven't heard from my son yet about the boys - I'm going to text him now!

Sam, I'm really not a football fan but the Eagles making it all the way to the SuperBowl was a pretty big deal here.
                          We had icy roads here so they delayed school 2 hours this morning. More snow & rain coming this way Wednesday, yay (not).
                          Nice fiddle you have there

Hi there TT, working on a holiday - sounds like something I would do

PQ, that's a good bit of snow, sorry. We haven't had a big storm yet this season, just a lot of annoying little ones.
                          I am about halfway thru the teacup job, there's no rush. I wanted some time in the kitchen this afternoon to make soup too

Pauly, one Benadryl? Just one?

Hello to everyone & wishing a nice night for all!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

afternoon all ...its snowing a good un here ...so got to get some things a nd nip down to Julies dads before it thickens up ..the ground is dry too who ever came up with the saying too cold for snow? the temp is -2 and its snowing ..back on in a wee while heres a brew to keep you going

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...yup, too cold to snow has been proven false. You be safe out there on the roads.

We've got one more day of reprieve then the snow returns.

Shout out to everyone else....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X