w/c 18th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 18th

yo dudes and dudettes.........how are we all ...all good I hope ..that is apart from det ..

rabbitz is oot playing and itsnot raing ...cases are packed ..couple of bits to go in then the crane can lift em on to the plane ....jeez ... ok lets have a brew ..

det what happened this time man ? thought you were getting it together and bam you let it go down the tubes ..the words no I aint fkn drinkin are pretty powerful when you are tempted but you cant say them at the same time you are chuckin beer down your neck...dont quit quitting but you need to get it together mate the depression creates ..and the drinking creates so they feed off each other....the optional choice aint too clever ...everyone here is rootin for you ..its up to you to do your bit..I appreciate you have had some pretty crap times in your life ,but a good few of us on here have too mate ...from all angles..drink blots fk all out..it numbs it for a while thats all..come on man get it together you CAN do it just believe in yourself and dont be weak when it comes to the crunch ...did you go out and buy the booze or were you given it? its so frustrating knowing you can do this but dont ..so go on prove you can buddy.

hiya ppqp ...thanks to you I know how to close a fred!!nope that wisnt me ..even with no glasses on thats miles away that button ...Hows you then today? any happier ? hope so...

hiya lav....hope luigi had a decent book!!!!look whats here..........

compression-spring.jpg

Im not too keen on some of the oriental lillies ...they somewhat smell and the stamens stain when they drop...brew time...like you Im waiting for the good weather..

pie the midnight oil burner ...hows you then ? 2 sales on the go ...well done to you ...extra loot is always welcome ...hows the dogs? and where are we going for brunch.........

pauly hiya girl where are you?

hiya sk ..all ok with you ..

big shout to the rest of the wureld...

A California Highway Patrol Officer stopped a car for traveling faster than the posted speed limit. Since he's in a good mood that day, he decides to give the poor fellow a break and write him out a warning instead of a ticket. So, he asks the man his name.

"Fred," he replies. Fred what?" the officer asks. "Just Fred", the man responds.

When the officer presses him for a last name, the man tells him that he used to have a last name but lost it. The officer thinks he has a nut case on his hands but plays along with it.

"Tell me Fred, how did you lose your last name"?

The man replies, "It's a long story so stay with me. I was born Fred Dingaling. I know it's a funny last name, but kids used to tease me all the time, so I stayed to myself. I studied hard and got good grades.

When I got older I realized that I wanted to be a doctor. I went through college, medical school, internship, residency, finally got my degree so I was Fred Dingaling, MD. After a while I got bored being a doctor so I decided to go back to school. Dentistry was my dream. Got all the way through school, got my degree so I was now Fred Dingaling, MD, DDS. Got bored doing dentistry so I started fooling around with my assistant. She gave me VD. So, I was Fred Dingaling, MD, DDS with VD.

Well, the ADA found out about the VD so they took away my DDS so I was Fred Dingaling, MD with VD. Then the AMA found out about the ADA taking away my DDS because of the VD, so they took away my MD leaving me as Fred Dingaling with VD. Then the VD took away my Dingaling, so now I'm just Fred".

The officer walked away in tears from laughing so hard and tore up the ticket.

The couple had married as childhood sweethearts and had moved back to their old neighborhood after they retired.

Holding hands they walked back to their old school. It was not locked, so they entered, and found the old desk they'd shared, where Andy had carved "I love you, Sally".

On their way back home, a bag of money fell out of an armotred car, practically landing at their feet. Sally quickly picked it up, but not sure what to do with it, they took it home. There, she counted the money - fifty-thousand dollars!

Andy said, "We've got to give it back".

Sally said, "Finders keepers". She put the money back in the bag and hid it in their attic.

The next day, two FBI agents were canvassing the neighborhood looking for the money, and knocked on the door. "Pardon me, but did either of you find a bag that fell out of an armored car yesterday"?

Sally said, "No".

Andy said, "She's lying. She hid it up in the attic".

Sally said, "Don't believe him, he's getting senile".

The agents turn to Andy and began to question him.

One says: "Tell us the story from the beginning".

Andy said, "Well, when Sally and I were walking home from school yesterday..."

The other FBI agent turns to her partner and says, "We're outta here".

An Irish priest is driving down to New York and gets stopped for speeding in Connecticut. The state trooper smells alcohol on the priest's breath and then sees an empty wine bottle on the floor of the car. He says, "Sir, have you been drinking"?

"Just water", says the priest.

The trooper says, "Then why do I smell wine"?

The priest looks at the bottle and says, "Good Lord! He's done it again"!

The prostate doctor told him to have a seat in the examination room and that he would be with him in just a few minutes.

When the man sat down and began observing the tools, he noticed there were 3 items on a stand next to the prostate doctor's desk.

1. A tube of K-Y jelly
    2. A rubber glove
    3. A beer

When the prostate doctor finally came in, the man said "Look Doc, I'm a little confused. This is my first exam. I know what the K-Y Jelly is for, and I know what the glove is for, but can you tell me what the BEER is for?

At that the prostate doctor became noticeably outraged and stormed over to the door.

The prostate doctor flung the door open and yelled to his nurse, "Dammit, I said A BUTT LIGHT"!

Little Johnny goes with his Mum to a beauty salon and sits next to her while the therapist starts her treatment.

As the beauty therapist smothers cream over the mothers face little Johnny watches closely, fascinated by the actions.

"What's the lady doing mummy" little Johnny asks?

"The lady is making me beautiful" replies his Mum.

The therapist then starts to remove the cream with cotton wool.

Little Johnny suddenly calls out "what's the matter Mum is she giving up"?

A sexually active woman tells her plastic surgeon that she wanted her vaginal lips reduced in size because they were too loose and floppy.

Out of embarrassment she insisted that the surgery be kept a secret and the surgeon agreed.

Awakening from the anesthesia after the surgery she found 3 roses carefully placed beside her on the bed.

Outraged, she immediately calls in the doctor.

"I thought I asked you not to tell anyone about my operation"!

The surgeon told her he had carried out her wish for confidentiality and that the first rose was from him: "I felt sad because you went through this all by yourself".

"The second rose is from my nurse. She assisted me in the surgery and empathized because she had the same procedure done some time ago".

"And what about the third rose" she asked?

"That's from a man upstairs in the burn unit. He wanted to thank you for his new ears".

Why Men Don't Write Advice Columns

Dear Walter,

I hope you can help me here. The other day, I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't driven more than a mile down the road when the engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help.

When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in our bedroom with the neighbors' daughter. I'm 32, my husband is 34, and the neighbors' daughter is 22. We have been married for ten years.

When I confronted him, he broke down and admitted that they had been having an affair for the past six months. I told him to stop or I'd leave him. He was let go from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. He won't go to counseling and I'm afraid I can't get through to him anymore.

Can you please help?

Sincerely,

Sheila

Dear Sheila:

A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it's clear, check the vacuum pipes and hoses on the intake manifold and also check all grounding wires.

If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the injectors. Mainly have your air filters cleaned or replaced.

I hope this helps with your problem.

Walter
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: w/c 18th

Sheesh! Not only can I not make brunch, I just took the last of the coffee! I promise I'll put on a fresh pot before running out the door.

Mick, where is that your travels are taking you now?

Hi PQ, Lav, Pauly, ...

Det, knock it off with the alcohol. Please.

Love to all!

Comment

Mick...best of luck on your travels, hope you have a relaxing time. You made me chuckle with the fork lift luggage on the plane.

MAE ALL...off to get brew #1 so will be back in a bit to see where we're having brunch...:smile:PPQP

X-Post Pi...I'll see if I can find us a spot for brunch.

Pi...hope you can pop in sounds like you have a busy day.

I thought we'd go to Banff for brunch.

Silver-Dragon.jpg
      Last edited by porqoui; February 18, 2018, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pie View Post
        Sheesh! Not only can I not make brunch, I just took the last of the coffee! I promise I'll put on a fresh pot before running out the door.

Mick, where is that your travels are taking you now?

Hi PQ, Lav, Pauly, ...

Det, knock it off with the alcohol. Please.

Love to all!
        pie ...here you go Taj Mahal and Amritsar | India Tours | Newmarket Holidays
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Very jealous of your trip Mick. Have a great one. All fine here just swamped with my writing. Its very obsessive. Also been busy with MrG who had to go to hospital outpatients for laser surgery on his retina - hopefully it will get better now.
          Sorry to hear you are back on the booze and depressed Det. Just don't chuck the towel in. Mick gave you strong but clear and supportive words.

Ok back to the grindstone. Been up since 4am. This morning at it.

Comment

MAE. Mick You must be excited about the trip. Where are you visiting when you're there. My neighbour used to have an orphanage there and described the the awful smell on arriving. I'm not sure where it was located. I understand there are so many beautiful areas.

Drizzly and dark here, I am in the same mood, lol. Looks as if we are getting some sun soon.

Bon voyage, Mick.

Det. there is a reason for not staying quit. I thought you were seeing a counsellor?

Have good one.
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Sunday evening greetings!

Most of the snow melted right away so I’m happy, ha ha!
              I am currently awaiting the arrival of my two grandsons. They are spending the night & all day tomorrow so whatever plans I had are out tge door now, no big deal. Schools closed tomorrow for Presidents day (not including Trump).

Mick, I can’t wait to see your pictures from your trip. Have a safe trip & a wonderful time!

Pie, busy, busy is a good thing
              TT, same goes for you! I hope MrG heals quickly!

PQ, maybe someone should take MIL on a tour of an assisted living facility. She probably would like the atmosphere & have lots of friends.

Hi there SK & everyone!

Det & Pauly, please listen to us. Drinking AL will never ever fix your problems. Why delay putting off what you know you need to do?
              We all can drive ourselves crazy very easily. There’s really nothing to fear but we just don’t know it until we take the leap into our permanent quits. Hugs to both of you :hug:

Have a decent night everyone!

Lav
              Last edited by Lavande; February 19, 2018, 06:58 PM.
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav...been there, done that! You start getting really positive vibes from her and then when the "let's make the decision" comes her response is always "I should have done it years ago" My response "Yup, but what's stopping you now?" And then the excuses come.....big one being the ex. I give up. I do understand where she's coming from but you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped. Not my monkey not my circus! I'm looking after me from now on. :thumbsup:
                Enjoy your grandsons and if you're missing the snow I can send you some.

TT... glad to hear all is fine. Hope MrG's surgery works.

SK...hope all is well with you.

New crock pot recipe was a hit, tummy fed and time to snuggle up with my book and forget about the -4F and snow flurries out there. Grateful tomorrow is a holiday....:smile:PPQP

Comment

MAE ALL....

Kicking off Monday or in Alberta, Family Day. Unfortunately it's -4F so I'll just pretend I'm with Mick where I believe it's +24F. Brews all around for those who stop in.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Originally posted by porqoui View Post

I thought we'd go to Banff for brunch.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4066[/ATTACH]
                    Oh yes, PQ! You did good!!

Comment

hiya ppqp .hows you then ..?all good I hope no not there yet running around like a headless chicken getting the last bits and pieces done,... bres all round ..will jump in later ,but orf to the shopz ta for the brew ppqp x

Comment

Mick, Looks like an exciting and exotic destination! Enjoy!

Lav, I broke out laughing when I read your Presidents' Day comment.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

The boys are still here at 7 pm but they should be picked up soon. It’s been fun but I’m ready for some quiet time, ha ha!
                          The nine year old arrived with his hair dyed purple. I just don’t know why his mother thought that was a good idea, whatever.

Mick, I hope your trip is awesome, have a great time!

PQ, some people just don’t make changes very easily. Oh well, you tried, right?
                          I hope you enjoyed your extra chilly day off today

Still thinking of you Pauly & Det.

Hi there Pie, TT, Sam, et al.

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                          Last edited by Lavande; February 19, 2018, 07:08 PM.
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Lav... when my boys were young they wore the typical short hair cut and were never exposed to the long hair, dyed hair, shaved hair craze that seems to come and go. So thankful that I'm not raising kids in this time zone!!! I did enjoy my day...did what I wanted to when I wanted to and actually managed to accomplish a lot without the "should" word creeping anywhere. LOL

Pauly...I know you're taking a break and just know that we're thinking of you. Miss you being second, after Mick on the thread post. Shit happens. :hug:

Det...hope the shakes have passed, the body is being fed. The guilt/worthlessness is another wake up call! Please tell yourself that "I'm feeling this way because I got drunk! As I get better the quilt/worthlessness will pass." because it will and then you'll get back to the real you. Looking forward to seeing more Superb Det Pic's! :hug:

Shout out to everyone else....keep coming back.

Comment

morning all..well think we are finally at the end of running about like amad un...got to take the rabbits to the rabbitry or whatever you call it ,wash the car ...no not travelling by car ,its just mucky from all the rubbish off the roads .
                              off tomorrow...so thats it ...on the road ..will be a long day but hey..think yesterday was loonysville for me ..on top of that we had amy over begging for a crust too..

okay then lets have a brew...

hiya Lav ...hows you ..and purple Ronnie?what made him do that?guess its a phase ..when I was younger ,we all had dyed orange hair cut like David Bowies.. joined the army and got a different style completely!!!! ha ha..here you go a brew ..just made it

hiya ppqp ..how are you today then? hope all is well in calgarysville..glad you did what you wanted and not ought to....lifeaint wotrth messing about at ...if it should have been done then you should have done it before the time when you thought I should do this..and if it hadnt been done ,but should have ,was there any change to your life ? nope so why should you worry about should..? make sense ??????ha ha

hiya pauly ...hope you are doing ok...

hiya det ..you doing any better ...? ppqp hit it on the head with her comment.. The guilt/worthlessness is another wake up call! Please tell yourself that "I'm feeling this way because I got drunk! its about taking charge ..you gotta do that...

hiya pie ...how are you today?ok I hope...hows the 2 condo sale going .?

hiya tt ,sam ..havent seen ya for ages mate , and anyone else...take care..

A man enters a barbershop for a shave. While the barber is foaming him up, he mentions the problems he has getting a close shave around the cheeks.

"I have just the thing," says the barber, taking a small wooden ball from a nearby drawer. "Just place this between your cheek and gum".

The client places the ball in his mouth and the barber proceeds with the closest shave the man has ever experienced.

After a few strokes the client asks in garbled speech, "And what if I swallow it"?

"No problem," says the barber. "Just bring it back tomorrow like everyone else does".

On their wedding night, the young bride Approached her new husband and asked for $20.00 for their first sexual encounter. In his highly aroused state, her husband readily agreed.

This scenario was repeated each time they made Love, for more than 30 years, with him thinking that it was a cute way for her to afford new clothes and other incidentals that she needed.

Arriving home around noon one day, she was surprised to find her husband in a very drunken state. During the next few minutes, he explained that his employer was going through a process of corporate downsizing, and he had been let go. It was unlikely that, at the age of 59, he'd be able to find another position that paid anywhere near what he'd been earning, and therefore, they were financially ruined.

Calmly, his wife handed him a bank book which showed more than thirty years of steady deposits and interest totaling nearly $1 million. Then she showed him certificates of deposits issued by the bank which were worth over $2 million, and informed him that they were one of the largest depositors in the bank.

She explained that for the more than three decades she had "charged" him for sex, these holdings had multiplied and these were the results of her savings and investments.

Faced with evidence of cash and investments worth over $3 Million, her husband was so astounded he could barely speak, but finally he found his voice and blurted out, "If I'd had any idea what you were doing, I would have given you all my business!"

And that's when she shot him.

You know, sometimes, men just don't know when to keep their mouths shut.

Apple Computer announced today that it has developed a computer chip that can store and play high fidelity music in women's breast implants.

The iTit will cost $499 or $599 depending on speaker size.

This is considered to be a major breakthrough because women have always complained that men stare at their breasts but do not listen to them.

A lady lost her handbag in the bustle of shopping at the mall. It was found by an honest little boy and returned to her. Looking in her purse, she commented, "Hmmm.... That's funny. When I lost my bag there was a $20 bill in it. Now there are twenty $1 bills."

The boy quickly replied, "That's right, lady. The last time I found a lady's purse, she didn't have any change for a reward."

A group of Minnesota friends went deer hunting and paired off in twos for the day. That night, one of the hunters returned alone, staggering under the weight of an eight-point buck.

"Where's Henry"? the others asked.

"Henry had a stroke of some kind. He's a couple of miles back up the trail", the successful hunter replied.

"You left Henry laying out there and carried the deer back"? they inquired.

"A tough call", nodded the hunter. "But I figure no one's going to steal Henry"!

I was testing the children in my Sunday school class to see if they understood the concept of getting to heaven.

I asked them, "If I sold my house and my car, had a big garage sale and gave all my money to the church, would that get me into Heaven"?

"NO"! the children answered.

"If I cleaned the church every day, mowed the yard, and kept everything neat and tidy, would that get me into Heaven"?

Again, the answer was, "NO"! By now I was starting to smile. Hey, this was fun!

"Well, then, if I was kind to animals and gave candy to all the children, and loved my husband, would that get me into Heaven"?" I asked them again.

Again, they all answered, "NO"! I was just bursting with pride for them. Well, I continued, "then how can I get into Heaven"?

A six-year-old boy shouted out, "YOU GOTTA BE F*CKIN' DEAD"!

Comment

Working...
                              X