Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 25th

Moving you all over to today....I can be anal sometimes :lemo:
    You'll have to go back to the w/c 18 thread for the links to work though.

Pauly...that is really great news.
    Sam...like the link
    Pi...I'm with you
    Det...will check out the signing method next
    Mick...forgot you were out detecting today

Soup turned out great, having leftovers for lunch. Have a Super Sunday all...:smile:PPQP

Pauly
    Mae everybody,looks like I beat Mick again well I don't hafta sorry as much over the situation with Michelle cuz her bf left town sometime yesterday to go live with his mom,she's back here a little sad but she'll be ok,I told her just to work as many shifts as she can get and stay positive,no use crying over that guy! So here's hoping from me that it sinks in,Det,hope you feel better soon,a probiotics might be something to look into like Lav says,PQ,glad you got a day to just do nada much love to all and wishes for a happy BF Sunday!

Sam
    morning all
    Pauly, your dilemma reminded of this cartoon that had the line : good riddance to bad rubbish.

Bugs Bunny ft. Elmer Fudd - The Wabbit Who Came to Supper (1942) Classic Animated Cartoon - YouTube

Pi
    Good morning, Pauly, Sam, and others. Looks like a good day just to coast along and see what turns up.

Det
    oy, another long night with fever dreams and such but keeping the chin up best I can.

here's a very odd singing method I almost don't believe is real: polyphonic overtone singing - Anna-Maria Hefele - YouTube

I have probiotics sitting on the shelf and have been forgetting to take them.... d-oh!

yep, got good work in on the trailer yesterday despite illness and soup is certainly in my near future.

be well loves

Mick
    Hiya all..on the way back from detecting. .plus we put the clocks forward last night. .it is actually sunny here today. Didn't find too much tho.hope that everyone is ok
    Last edited by porqoui; March 25, 2018, 11:53 AM.

Re: w/c 25th

Thanks PQ,cooking pulled pork in the crock pot as we speak BTW
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Ooooh...that's something I haven't tried. Anything in a crock pot is ace with me.

Comment

thats me home now ..thanks for starting the week ppqp....never found much today...but Julie phoned me up ...booked a holiday for my birthday in July.....premier room with a sea view ....never been to this hotel before but have looked at it a couple of times

H1 Tenerife Playa (Puerto de la Cruz) - Hotel Reviews, Photos & Price Comparison - TripAdvisor

the clocks went forward this morning ,so we have an extra hour of day light and it was lovely and sunny ...we sat in the sunroom overlooking the back,and lo and behold 3 deer came down off the hill to within 15 feet of the back fence...

Pauly ,hope Michelle ,is ok,

Det,hope you are feeling better....

hey Sam..you doing ok? I love cartoons..

hiya Pie..what turned up today?

hiya Lav..you doing good today..hope so ...

right good people ...take care .....
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

PQ, I think you should get a raise for all the work you had to do today - HA HA!!! Thank you
          Pulled pork in the crockpot is delicious. I'll find my recipe if you like but it's basically a good seasoning rub on a hunk of pork laid on a big bed of onions & garlic - yum. I can't eat much of it but it is good.

Mick, another vacation for you? Lucky guy you are!
          Watch out for those deer, they will chew up your fence like they do the apple trees in my yard.

Pauly, after all that worry the BF leaves town? To go live with his mother?? For sh*t's sake!!!! I hope that women knows what she's getting into letting him in her house. I hope yo enjoyed your dinner

I am busy working on a birthday gift for my grandson turning 7 on April 6. He's very into Pokemmon, LOL

Hello to the rest of the crowd 7 wishing a nice night for all.
          I will be celebrating 9 AF years tomorrow so i'll have to find a cake to share with everyone. YAY!!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all.. the sun is out yet again ..itsa lovely morning,been the garage to get the puncture fixed ...done and dusted..its a lovely morning yet again...so off to the garden centre in a minute too..need 3 fence panels ,was going to make them .,but havent enough wood at the moment...might have a look at some plants too...Its amazing how a bit of sunshine can change things .
            hope is everyone is ok today then...so lets have a brew then...
            shall we have a few jokes?

Interesting Thoughts
            1.) I started out with nothing....I still have most of it.

2.) When did my wild oats turn to prunes and All Bran?

3.) I finally got my head together, now my body is falling apart.

4.) Funny, I don't remember being absent minded.

5.) All reports are in. Life is now officially unfair.

6.) If all is not lost, where is it?

7.) It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.

8.) If at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished.

9.) The first rule of holes: If you are in one, stop digging.

10.) I tried to get a life once, but they were out of stock.

11.) I went to school to become a wit, only got halfway through..

12.) It was all so different before everything changed.

13.) Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

14.) Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

15.) Old programmers never die. They just terminate and stay resident.

16.) A day without sunshine is like a day in Seattle.

17.) I wish the buck stopped here. I could use a few...

18.) Kids in the back seat cause accidents; accidents in the back seat cause kids.

19.) It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end.

20.) It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere.

21.) Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun.

22.) The only time the world beats a path to your door is if you're in the bathroom.

23.) If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

24.) Never knock on Death's door: ring the doorbell and run (he hates that).

25.) Lead me not into temptation (I can find the way myself).

26.) When you're finally holding all the cards, why does everyone else decide to play chess?

27.) If you're living on the edge, make sure you're wearing your seat belt.

28.) There are two kinds of pedestrians ... the quick and the dead.

29.) An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

30.) A closed mouth gathers no feet.

31.) Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

32.) It's not hard to meet expenses ... they're everywhere.

33.) Jury: Twelve people who determine which client has the better attorney.

Corporate Lessons
            Corporate Lesson 1

A man is getting into the shower just as his wife is finishing up her shower when the doorbell rings. The wife quickly wraps herself in a towel and runs downstairs. When she opens the door, there stands Bob, the next door neighbor. Before she says a word, Bob says, "I'll give you $800 to drop that towel."

After thinking for a moment, the woman drops her towel and stands naked in front of Bob. After a few seconds, Bob hands her $800 dollars and leaves. The woman wraps back up in the towel and goes back upstairs.

When she gets to the bathroom, her husband asks, "Who was that?"

"It was Bob the next door neighbor," she replies. "Great!" the husband says, "Did he say anything about the $800 he owes me?"

Moral of the story: If you share critical information pertaining to credit and risk with your shareholders in time, you may be in a position to prevent avoidable exposure.

Corporate Lesson 2

A priest offered a lift to a Nun. She got in and crossed her legs, forcing her gown to reveal a leg. The priest nearly had an accident. After controlling the car, he stealthily slid his hand up her leg.

The nun said, "Father, remember Psalm 129?"

The priest removed his hand. But, changing gears, he let his hand slide up her leg again.

The nun once again said, "Father, remember Psalm 129?"

The priest apologized, "Sorry sister but the flesh is weak."

Arriving at the convent, the nun went on her way.

On his arrival at the church, the priest rushed to look up Psalm 129.

It said, "Go forth and seek, further up, you will find glory."

Moral of the story: If you are not well informed in your job, you might miss a great opportunity.

Corporate Lesson 3

A sales rep, an administration clerk, and the manager are walking to lunch when they find an antique oil lamp. They rub it and a Genie comes out. The Genie says, "I'll give each of you just one wish."

"Me first! Me first!" says the admin. clerk. "I want to be in the Bahamas , driving a speedboat, without a care in the world." Poof! She's gone.

"Me next! Me next!" says the sales rep. "I want to be in Hawaii , relaxing on the beach with my personal masseuse, an endless supply of Pina Coladas, and the love of my life." Poof! He's gone.

"OK, you're up," the Genie says to the manager. The manager says, "I want those two back in the office after lunch."

Moral of the story: Always let your boss have the first say.

Corporate Lesson 4

A crow was sitting on a tree, doing nothing all day. A rabbit asked him, "Can I also sit like you and do nothing all day long?" The crow answered: "Sure, why not." So, the rabbit sat on the ground below the crow, and rested. A fox jumped on the rabbit and ate it.

Moral of the story: To be sitting and doing nothing, you must be sitting very high up.

Corporate Lesson 5

A turkey was chatting with a bull. "I would love to be able to get to the top of that tree," sighed the turkey, but I haven't got the energy."

"Well, why don't you nibble on my droppings?" replied the bull. "They're packed with nutrients."

The turkey pecked at a lump of dung and found that it gave him enough strength to reach the lowest branch of the tree. The next day, after eating some more dung, he reached the second branch. Finally after a fourth night, there he was proudly perched at the top of the tree. Soon he was spotted by a farmer, who shot the turkey out of the tree.

Moral of the story: Bullshit might get you to the top, but it won't keep you there.

“Crime in multi-storey car parks. That is wrong on so many different levels.”

“When I was younger I felt like a man trapped inside a woman’s body. Then I was born.”

“I was very naive sexually. My first boyfriend asked me to do missionary and I buggered off to Africa for six months.”

“One in four frogs is a leap frog.”
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,funny jokes-thank you PQ,the pulled pork turned out good crazy cuz I buy pork loin for $7 and it makes ALOT of meat! We still have a full bowl left,I bought Kell a crock pot for her birthday and she tried a chicken and potato recipe yesterday so we traded with each other,her turned out good too,I bought a baby sling off of amazon so when I watched Romeo I can hold him but still do dishes and stuff,plus he's so darn heavy my arms get worn out quick! Much love to all and wishes for a great AF Monday!!! Congrats again Lav

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Last edited by porqoui; March 26, 2018, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the start-up, PQ!

Way to go, Lav!!

And there's this from the humorous side today:

pie.jpg

It's not often that anything in the grocery store gives me the giggles, but the price on these pies did.

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...you were up early. When did you get the puncture? So did you pick up any plants along with the fence panels?

Pauly...how heavy is Romeo? I'm trying to remember how old he is now.

Pi...took me a minute to figure out why the price made you giggle, but I got it! I wonder if that was on purpose.

It's bright and sunny out there so decided to take the afternoon off and enjoy it because Easter weekend is bringing us 1F and up to 5 inches of snow. The growing season is going to be a short one this year....:smile:PPQP

Comment

PQ,he's a little over 2 months and nearly 14 lbs! He's a big one,little sumo wrestler

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                        PQ,he's a little over 2 months and nearly 14 lbs! He's a big one,little sumo wrestler
                        That's right we were thinking a Chrismas, New Years baby. At 2 months mine were 18 lbs! Just wait till he starts crawling!!

Comment

still super sicko here. ugh just took a mucinik or something that someone recommended.
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Det, I hope that is a Mucinex you took - feel better soon!

PQ, oh no - snow on Easter? Sorry to hear that. We are being told we will have OK weather but I'm not really holding my breath, promises, promises.

Pie, do you think they were leftover pies from Pi Day? Yuck, ha ha!!

Pauly, my grandkids grew so heavy, so fast it wasn't funny. I worked up some arm muscles when they were little, ha ha!

Mick, it's way too early to plant anything here, you always make me jealous. I'm just hoping it's warm enough to move my chicks outside this week, they need to get out of my house, LOL

Well, to celebrate my big 9 year AF anniversary today I went to another Amish store & purchased lumber for the chicken yard expansion project. We stopped & had lunch too, ha ha!!!
                            Grateful to be here, alive & well after all these years

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Oh Lav some days my arms are like rubber from holding him so long,he likes when I walk him around so I basically hold him nonstop

Comment

Working...
                              X