Two Weeks and Counting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Weeks and Counting

I’ve been browsing this forum since I quit drinking, and it’s been a big help. My poison of choice was vodka and Diet Coke (that sounds horrible now). I don’t work, so I would start my morning with a drink and keep it up all day. Plus I would get up in the middle of the night and drink while I watched TV. I was a sneak drinker, so I hid bottles all over the house, sometimes unsuccessfully. When my husband would go buy groceries, I would hightail it to the liquor store and stock up while he was gone. The liquor store is just a couple of blocks away, so I would always get back home before him. When the empty bottles would pile up, I’d put them in bags and drop them off in the liquor store dumpster. I also rotated liquor stores so I wouldn’t look like such a lush. As if they didn’t know. I finally fessed up to my husband and my sister, who has been sober for five years. They were both so understanding and have been hugely supportive. The reason I drank was to chase away feelings of anxiety and depression. I’m sure some of you out there can relate to that. I’ve got a counselor that I’m seeing now, so I’m sorting out those feelings. I know two weeks isn’t long, but I know I can keep this up. When I think back to how I was living, I don’t ever want to go back there again. I haven’t had a problem with cravings, so I’m grateful for that. When I’m in a social situations around drinkers, it doesn’t bother me really. I just order an O’Douls or a Coke. Thanks for reading this! I look forward to spending more time on this site and getting to know some of you. Dinah

Re: Two Weeks and Counting

[MENTION=22930]MsDinah[/MENTION].......a big :welcome: to you and congrats on your two weeks.

Have a pop in to say hello here............

and when you get comfortable post where you want.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Living a lie is the worst, isn't it?? So glad you found this group :hug:.

Comment

Hi Dinah and welcome. Great work on two weeks and for opening up to your loved ones. For me it was the support that kept me focused and MWO was my lifesaver.

Hope to see you around.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Jackie -thanks, and I’ll check out the Newbie’s Nest. I’ve already read a bunch of great info in the Toolbox.

NoSugar - yes, living a lie is the worst, and one hell of a lot of work. The ridiculous lengths I went to.....

Thanks, Available. The support is keeping me focused too. Don’t know if I could do this on my own. And yes, I’ll BCNU around these pages.

Comment

Welcome, welcome [MENTION=22930]MsDinah[/MENTION]. So glad to see you. Glad that you have found us here. Congratulations on 2 weeks. :yay:
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hope you are ok Miss Dinah.
              I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Originally posted by YouKayBee View Post
                Hope you are ok Miss Dinah.
                Thank you for asking. I’m doing great! I’m at 60+ days now. Everything in my life is better - my relationships, my enthusiasm for life, and especially, my mood. No more depression! On top of that, I’ve lost 25 pounds. ��

Comment

Way to go, Dinah!

Comment

Awesome!! Way to go. Keep us posted on your great progress.

Comment

Working...
                    X