Baclofen AND Naltrexone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen AND Naltrexone?

Posting for a friend who couldn't get the "human verification" to work on his Android.

Basically;

For reasons I can't go into, seeing a doctor is not an option at this time. Instead I will buy Naltrexone online to try The Sinclair Method.

Can I take Baclofen, increasing dosage slowly, on weekdays to avoid cravings, and use Naltrexone on weekends, where I am able to drink, or are there any significant dangers I should know about?

I wouldn't be taking them together; Naltrexone only when drinking, and Baclofen only when not.

Would this be ok?

Thanks

Re: Baclofen AND Naltrexone?

Originally posted by Stormdeva View Post
    Posting for a friend who couldn't get the "human verification" to work on his Android.

Basically;

For reasons I can't go into, seeing a doctor is not an option at this time. Instead I will buy Naltrexone online to try The Sinclair Method.

Can I take Baclofen, increasing dosage slowly, on weekdays to avoid cravings, and use Naltrexone on weekends, where I am able to drink, or are there any significant dangers I should know about?

I wouldn't be taking them together; Naltrexone only when drinking, and Baclofen only when not.

Would this be ok?

Thanks
    Hello,

Baclofen and TSM are totally different beasts to attain the same goal

As far as I am concerned

The design of TSM is that you take a tablet and you do not experience the "buzz" of alcohol, thus it making no difference if you have alcohol or any other drink - You will to take a tablet every time (an hour or so before) you drink in order to re educate yourself to achieve self control

The design of Baclofen, certainly using the Olivier Ameisen method is that a steady *continual* titration should lead to an indifference similar to the above - Being a gradual, continual process the indifference in my experience rather creeps up on you as most people continue to drink "normally" until it happens

i am unaware of any "significant dangers" of taking them together but playing about with Baclofen titration is *certainly* not something to be considering and will at best not work on your friend the way it is, for this usage, intended

Regards

Bacman
    Last edited by Baclofenman; April 4, 2018, 10:17 AM.
    I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
    Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

Ok, thanks. Will pass this on, as I know his Naltrexone will be in the mail by tonight at least. Thanks

Comment

Some people have used Baclofen & Naltrexone successfully, I think Lo0p was one such person RIP.

I experienced great success using Naltrexone the TSM way, it worked beautifully for me. At the time I'd tried just about everything and was tapering off Baclofen which hadn't been successful. How much Baclofen influence my success I do not know, all I know is that it didn't help me pre-TSM!

Wishing you success whichever method you use, my learning has been that you really have to want this.
        I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Hi. I want to try Naltrexone but I don't have benefits right now. Is there a reliable source in India? I have received many emails from Indiamart asking for wire payment. Who does that? Claudia Christian mentioned an Indian pharmacy but no name of a legit source.
          Thanks!

Comment

Hello and welcome! Here is a link to online pharmacy information. I’ve had good success with gold pharma.
            List of Online Pharmacies - Online Pharmacies - The End of my Addiction
            http://baclofentreatment.com/
            http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org
            http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org/f...or-alcoholism/

Comment

Originally posted by Stormdeva View Post

Basically;

Would this be ok?

Thanks
              I think that would be a big mistake. The reason you take baclofen is to supplement a chemical in your neurological system which is responsible for controlling anxiety. If, all of a sudden, you stop taking the baclofen, you will go through withdrawals and by the end of the weekend you could go into DTs, which can be fatal.

The two drugs are not interchangeable. Naltrexone will not stop DTs from withdrawal. You may find yourself having to admit yourself to hospital and in hospital you are likely to be treated with diazapam, which will take you right off baclofen but won't control your drinking because it doesn't work on the same Gaba receptors as baclofen. What we've found here is that getting back onto baclofen after coming off it is very difficult. By this time, you will likely have relapsed into heavy drinking to deal with the lack of baclofen in your system and you could find yourself in a very bad way.

I'm not a doctor, but I've seen all of the above take place and I wouldn't recommend it. Baclofen is a very potent neurological drug and is supposed to be taken daily or tapered off. If you want to experiment with it, you are playing with fire and there are not going to be any doctors in any hospitals who will have any experience dealing with what you are proposing to do.
              BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Hi which online pharmacy are you using please ? I need to buy online from the uk. Thanks

Comment

Hi I am back after a long time oawy I am looking for a good online pharmacy to order from the UK.

Comment

Good to see you back. You might want to ask over at TheEndofMyAddiction forum. It's very quiet here. I think a lot of people in the UK are now able to get prescriptions. We get ours where we are over the counter with no prescription so can't help...sorry. You might find some info here if you go back through the old threads.
                    BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Originally posted by Brave Hearted View Post
                      Hi I am back after a long time oawy I am looking for a good online pharmacy to order from the UK.
                      Hi [MENTION=9840]Brave Hearted[/MENTION]. Here is a link to the online pharmacy listing that Otter referred to.

Online Pharmacies - The End of my Addiction
                      http://baclofentreatment.com/
                      http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org/f...or-alcoholism/

Comment

Working...
                      X