Dream about relapse!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dream about relapse!

I had a very disturbing dream last night. I dreamt that after 543 days stone-cold-sober, I relapsed! It was a very vivid and realistic dream, and I recall struggling with the decision to have a drink in my dream. I even went back and forth on it, but ultimately I decided to have one. In my dream, I really thought I had relapsed, and I remember being immediately upset at my decision, but that I wouldn't have another.

I literally woke up in tears! And very, very thirsty!

Moral of the story - don't go to bed thirsty, or you might have a really bad dream.

Hope you're all doing well! Been so busy, haven't been on here much, but I think about you all every day.

ThirdTimesACharm

Re: Dream about relapse!

I've had those dreams, too, 3TC. Quite a relief to wake up and realize it was a dream, isn't it? I think they are good reminders. It's funny but when I was Dx with celiac disease almost 30 years ago, I had the same type of dreams about eating cookies or bread. I would wake up so bummed, knowing how sick I was going to be later that day. It was always such a thrill to realize I was going to be ok!!

Comment

Re: Dream about relapse!

Hi, 3TAC!

Yes, I have those dreams, too. For me they usually involve casually sipping something while trying to talk myself out of it. Glad to hear from you, and glad all is ok.

Pav

Comment

Working...
      X