Posting Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting Pictures

Okay, I'm sure most of us know how to post the thumbnail type of picture? At the top of the message box is the "picture frame" icon (3rd one in from the right). You just click on that and then select whether the pic is from your device or from the web, browse for the pic you want, select it, then click "upload" and voila, you have a clickable thumbnail!

I used to use that method all the time until I found postimages. It is a free picture hosting site kinda like photobucket. The website is Postimage.org — free image hosting / image upload for those of you interested. You don't have to join to use the service, but I did because it gives me a handy place to store my pictures, especially the ones I post more than once like my little snow shoveling guy.

So, when you open the website, the 3 main options are in the center. I most all the time use 640 x 480, but sometimes use 320 x 240 depending on the pic. By clicking on resize option, a drop down menu appears with sizes and recommendations.

The next box is expiration, pretty self-explanatory, how long do you want the pic to stay in your post? I just leave it at no expiration.

The 3rd box is to choose and upload your pic, again, pretty self-explanatory once you click on it.

The final step is what link you use to post with after the pic is uploaded. I always use the "hotlink for forums". You click on the little clipboard on the right hand side and it copies the hotlink for forums address for you. Then you go to your MWO post, paste the hotlink without using any of the icons, just a simple paste, and there comes your image!

I think that sounds simple and I had Bubba follow my instructions, and she said "wow, that was easy"! I think I might have created a picture posting monster lol.

Go ahead and practice in the Café if you want, it's pretty easy and don't worry if you mess up a bit, we all do that, even with our quits lol.

Last edited by abcowboy; April 14, 2018, 08:56 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Re: Posting Pictures

I did it inkele:

This I have hanging in my kitchen ............

Comment

thanks cowboy i have never been game to post a pic so beware if it works for me!
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Way to go Satz, I love the wall hanging! And have at it Ava, it's really quite easy using postimages!
        Last edited by abcowboy; April 14, 2018, 06:02 PM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

20180414_163306.jpg
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

in my kitchen haha
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
              in my kitchen haha
              love it !!!

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                I did it inkele:

This I have hanging in my kitchen ............

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - Just saw this now - hilarious!!!!!
                Last edited by stirly-girly; July 2, 2018, 01:15 AM.
                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Working...
                X