w.c 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w.c 15th

morning all,well sat outside last night and had tea....it was lovely ,warm sunny ..everything you dont expect.peskeis are bouncing about ,very selective in what they are eating ...wont take treats ,nor kale ..very unusual,but taking coriander leaves ,still feeding via syringe ,but taking them to the vet tomorrow..The trouble with rabbits they mask any illness toavoid being prey ,and then keel over rapidly.so the fact they are jumping around doesnt mean a great deal.The slightest thing can put them off ..they have very sensitive stomachs.and they cannot get rid of wind so they end up with real gut problems .
    Lav like the chicken run!!complete with flowering forsythia!any plans to increase your flock?

hiya ppqp..hows you then? all good I hope..you just reminded me ..Ive got to go and get my glasses fixed today!Ive got them tied with a piece of thread!!

hiya pie hows you then ? and the houndlets?hope all good with you ..scallops and spinach..wow thats a combo !!

hiya det ,and pauly ..you both ok? i hope so ..

right peeps take care ..feeding time at the zoo now!
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: w.c 15th

Let's leave KFC to Lav's foxes, and head to Baba Yega in Houston for brunch.

baba-yega-houston.jpg

PQ, my Netflix pick at the moment is Doctor Foster. If you appreciate strong female protagonists who are a wee bit crazy, this show will appeal.

Mick, so nice to hear that you were able to sit outside and enjoy your garden last night.

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick hope the bunnies are really ok and not just faking Pie,I'm gonna google that restaurant in Houston,gotta be better than KFC they've really gone downhill! Used to be one of the best,,,,now yucky,I'd much rather have Popeye's Churches or Raisin Canes Det,hope you're feeling better,PQ,hope you have a day of some decent weather,Lav,I'm stalking you hahaha much love to all and wishes for a happy AF Sunday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for kicking the week off for us. Very interesting about bunny health. Wish I could bounce around to mask illness. LOL Hope the vet trip solves some problems for you. I'm going to take advantage of the warm mild temps today as tomorrow we're into a major snow storm. :rant: This winter is never going to end!

Pi...appreciate strong female protagonists who are a wee bit crazy I'm in! Really craving scallops this morning, do you think Baba Yega has it on their menu?

Pauly...KFC has really gone downhill here as well. So disappointing as it used to be a Sunday treat while growing up.

Det...hope the healing is progressing.

Shout out to everyone else....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

We're back to freezing our butts off around here, damp, cold, dark & just fugly out there today. Still have firewood handy so that's nice.

Mick, I think I saw on FB today that it's International Bunny Rabbit day or something. I hope your crew feels better soon.
          I will be adding my 12 junior chickens to the flock of 6 hens as soon as they are able to fend for themselves. Having 18 laying hens keeps us, the family & neighbors supplied with plenty of fresh eggs. Good timing too because today there was a recall on 207 million eggs that were distributed to supermarkets on the east coast from farms in Indiana & North Carolina. Apparently there have been 22 cases of salmonella reported, that's not good. These huge egg farmers produce 2.3 million eggs every day - an you imagine?? The AG inspectors can't keep up with them.

Pie, Baba Yega looks quite inviting, nice

Pauy, you can stalk me anytime, no problem, LOL

PQ, you're getting snow tomorrow & we're getting 2" of rain, yuck to all of it, honestly.
          I hope it's not too bad for you. I'm thinking about going out & throwing something over my pretty little pink tulips so they don't get all beat to hell.

Hello Det, thinking about you!

Wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hiya all ...how are we today then? all good I hope..Well the rabbits still a pair of miserable gits,phoned the vet they are there tomorrow unless they get any worse.I just cant work it out ..one minute they are ok ,the next really timid,,..the big thing is I know what they are like and it doesnt fit.so we shall see .
            wasraining here this morning ,but its really cleared up..and its quite hot too ...yipee ..summer is here ..
            ok brew time..

hiya Lav ,...he says running about in t shirt and shorts .....how are things today then over your way..? wow thats a biggie about the salmonella ...I remember that happening when I was a kid,and the scare was no one ate eggs ..I think it was Edwina Currie ..it nearly did the egg industry in ...and in the end they proved that there was no major issue with eggs en masse ..it was one batch..when are you looking at increasing your gang?

hiya ppqp...how are you then? craving scallops?yeuch !!many years ago I was diving in Scotland and we sneaked into the scallop beds and purloined a good few ..I cooked them...and we ended up with really bad food poisoning ...since then nope ..As for the winter ...its lovely here ..

hiya pauly ,how are you today then?all good I hope ,....no I dont thin kthe peskies are at it ..its just I dont know whats up with them..hopefully get some answers from the vet tomorrow ..have you done any more about plants?

hiya pie how are you today then? hope all is well ,with everything.is the condo business on hold ?

hiya everyone else how are you all today ?

It was a bitterly cold day on the Carnoustie golf course and Jimmy the caddy was expecting a large tip from his rich Scottish client. As they approached the clubhouse, Jimmy heard the words he was longing to hear, 'This is for a hot glass of whisky'.

So the caddy held out his hand and the Scottish client put a sugar cube in his palm.

Three elderly gentlemen, Eddie, Jenkins and Martin men go to the doctor's for their memory test. It's a miracle they remembered the appointment!

Anyway, the doctor starts by asking "Eddie, what is five times five"?

"191", is Eddie's reply.

The doctor rolls his eyes and looks up at the ceiling, and says, " Jenkins it's your turn, what is five times five"?

"Wednesday", replies Jenkins.

The doctor shakes his head sadly, then asks the third man, "Okay Martin it's your turn. What's five times five"?

"Twenty five", says Martin.

"That's great Martin!" says the doctor. "How did you get your answer"?

"Easy", says Martin, "just subtract 191 from Wednesday".

An Irishman goes into the confessional box after years of being away from the Church. There's a fully equipped bar with Guinness on tap. On the other wall is a dazzling array of the finest cigars and chocolates.

Then the priest comes in. "Father, forgive me, for it's been a very long time since I've been to confession, but I must first admit that the confessional box is much more inviting than it used to be".

The priest replies: "Get out. You're on my side".

A group of 40 years old buddies discuss and discuss where they should meet for dinner. Finally it is agreed upon that they should meet at the Gasthof zum Lowen restaurant because the waitress's there have low cut blouses and nice breasts.

10 years later, at 50 years of age, the group meets again and once again they discuss and discuss where they should meet. Finally it is agreed upon that they should meet at the Gasthof zum Lowen because the food there is very good and the wine selection is good also.

10 years later at 60 years of age, the group meets again and once again they discuss and discuss where they should meet. Finally it is agreed upon that they should meet at the Gasthof zum Lowen because they can eat there in peace and quiet and the restaurant is smoke free.

10 years later, at 70 years of age, the group meets again and once again they discuss and discuss where they should meet. Finally it is agreed upon that they should meet at the Gasthof zum Lowen because the restaurant is wheel chair accessible and they even have an elevator.

10 years later, at 80 years of age, the group meets again and once again they discuss and discuss where they should meet. Finally it is agreed upon that they should meet at the Gasthof zum Lowen because that would be a great idea because they have never been there before.

Little Johnny noticed that Jimmy was wearing a brand new, shiny watch. "Did you get that for your birthday?" asked Little Johnny.

"Nope." replied Jimmy. "Well, did you get it for Christmas then?". Again Jimmy says "Nope." "You didn't steal it, did you?" asks Little Johnny. "No," said Jimmy. "I went into Mom and Dad's bedroom the other night when they were 'doing the nasty'. Dad gave me his watch to get rid of me.

Little Johnny was extremely impressed with this idea, and extremely jealous of Jimmy's new watch. He vowed to get one for himself. That night, he waited outside his parents' bedroom until he heard the unmistakable noises of
            lovemaking. Just then, he swung the door wide open and boldly strode into the bedroom. His father, caught in mid stroke, turned and said angrily. "What do you want now?" "I wanna watch," Johnny replied.

Without missing a stroke, his father said, "Fine. Stand in the corner and watch, but keep quiet."
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick keep us posted on the bunnies Pie,TWD was good! Can't discuss now in case you haven't watched it yet,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...we got the wet, heavy snow overnight and it snowed all day. We got one moths snow today! I am really getting fed up. Did you cover up your tulips? Ours are just starting to peek up above the snow.

Mick...sorry the peskies are still sickish. At least it's not an emergency run. Is there anything new in the yard they could be getting into? Hope you get some answers tomorrow.

Pauly...hope you had a good day.

First day at the office without the co-ord and it was actually quite nice. Still figuring out how to get around some program flaws in the online registration. It's working but I wish they'd hurry up and resolve the issues. Well hopefully this will be the last of the snow and we can start planning our gardens. Wishing everyone a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Pauly, I did watch TWD, and agree it was very good! I'm so happy that Eugene came to his senses and re-joined the good guys. I do want to watch the finale again though, because there was so much action. Surely did surprise me that they saved Negan. Didn't go over well with Maggie though, did it?

Mick, I was out showing condos to a new buyer today, so I'm working at it. Just don't have deals in the works for specific properties.

Lav, I'm embarrassed to say that eggs are a mystery to me. Just never gave any thought to how they appear in those cartons at the grocery store. :egad:

PQ, you can't be serious! Snow???

Comment

Surprised me too Pie but I gotta admit I have the tiniest crush on Negan(even tho he's evil) so I kind of teared up when Rick slashed him,will be interesting to see where the story line goes from here

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

We survived 3+" of rain & the heavy winds that knocked out the power overnight, ho hum.....this is getting boring......SOS, different day.

Mick, honestly, the dog & cat around here take turns eating, throwing up, being grumpy then fine. I think animals just do this to mess with us, LOL
                      I hope your bunnies are better soon.
                      My 12 little chickens are approaching 9 weeks of age. I'll sneak them in with the 6 full grown hens soon enough. I'm not getting any more this year - they get to be too much work, ha ha!

Hello to Pauly! Following you around tonight

PQ, do you know where sunshine_gg lives in Canada? I saw her snow pics on FB today - sorry.
                      This is the winter you will remember forevermore & tell your grandchildren about - that's one way of looking at it I guess.
                      Enjoy your peaceful office this week.

Pie, farming practices in the US have gotten so out of hand, no one can manage them properly. Those huge operations often have FDA inspectors on the premises & this stuff still happens. Buy local when you can -- it's healthier & gives the little guy some business. Or you can buy eggs from me
                      Good luck with your condo sales, good time of the year for buyers!

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a nice night!
                      Lav
                      Last edited by Lavande; April 16, 2018, 08:27 PM.
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav...I'll never see SOS the same way again. LOL

Comment

Good Evening ABerooodles!

whew, what an insanely busy and crazy time trying to get all packed up and prepping for garage sale this weekend, put in 14 hours
                          yesterday but decided that was a bit too stressful on mind and body so just 9 today and making progress. Finally today my ribs feel
                          a tad better and I'm most happy. Soooo glad I'm not resorting to AL to deal with this stressful time.

Lav, put a stamp on an egg for me! wish I was closer I'd be a regular customer.

PPQ, yer sounding pretty positive for someone stuck in so much darn snow.

shouts to Mick, Pauly and anyone I may be missing...?

certainly time to chill out to the remake series of 'lost in space', they really did a good job on it.

gnight loves
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mae everybody,Det,glad you're on the mend PQ,we buy local eggs sometimes and they're not the prettiest sight,yuck! But like Lav says its helping the little guy,I like shopping local places a lot,hope Mick Is ok,much love to all and wishes for a happy AF Tuesday!

Comment

Pie, I just finished that series and it's kind of a psychological thriller.

Det, glad you are on the mend, you took a really nasty fall.

Hi to the rest of the gang.
                              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                              X