Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May Movers & Shakers

WELCOME TO MAY 2018!

It may be 8:30 pm but I'm starting the thread anyway!
    Half brain dead so couldn't come up with a better name at this time of day, haha!

Everything is good here, beautiful weather, planted a bunch of flower seeds, got another reading pillow put together this afternoon & made an IP soup for dinner

Cyn, I just read your post from last night.
    Please give your foot plenty of time to heal. I hate to say it but we're not as young as we used to be.......
    Were you one of those performers capable of singing & dancing at the same time??? Oh my, what talent!!

Hello to Star, SK & Pauly.

Have a peaceful night everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Re: May Movers & Shakers

I like the name Lav
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning...

Lav, I love the name, thanks so much for creating it. I want to move and shake up my world, for the better. I was super busy yesterday, hair appointment(it came out great), exercise and picking up grandson. We went to park, ice cream, hot tub,and finally bedtime. Exhausted but happy. Today the zoo. I can barely wait, the weather is warm, rain later, but right now nice and we will go leave before noon.

Pauly, hope you are doing well.

Cyn, take care and rest up that foot if you can.

Skendall, hope you are feeling better.

Have a happy hump day.

Comment

Good morning...

Lav, I love the name, thanks so much for creating it. I want to move and shake up my world, for the better. I was super busy yesterday, hair appointment(it came out great), exercise and picking up grandson. We went to park, ice cream, hot tub,and finally bedtime. Exhausted but happy. Today the zoo. I can barely wait, the weather is warm, rain later, but right now nice and we will leave before noon.

Pauly, hope you are doing well.

Cyn, take care and rest up that foot if you can.

Skendall, hope you are feeling better.

Have a happy hump day.

Comment

Morning friends,Star,sounds like a wonderful time I've been reading some recovery website and she talks about how bad sugar is for alcoholic peeps,saying it makes cravings worse and interferes with transmitters and stuff,pretty interesting to read about but avoiding sugar is a tough one,I did make some high protein,no sugar cookies yesterday,they were ok but not outstanding,,hubs are like 4 so they were at least edible haha,waves to Cyn,SK and Lav hope everyone has a blessed,free,Wednesday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning all -

Thanks for the startup, Lav! May already?! I feel time fleeing, but of course that is an illusion - we only have each moment to make wonderfulness out of.

Lav, I am being kinder to my foot today... some things just had to get done, but I wrapped it really well and wore my mountain hiking boots (the only ones the foot would fit into) . I think it is healing pretty darn well, thank goodness.

Star - what a day you had planned... sounded great, I hope it all went well.

Pauly, I think sugar is a key factor. I believe that most people that have trouble with AL have glycemic issues, and sugar is such a culprit. I have started taking L-glutamine again... (Lav mentioned it recently) for a long time my gut couldn't handle it, but I have healed enough now that it works for me. I use the powdered kind with de-somthinged licorice. I keep a little vial of it in my purse and when I start to think about sugar I put a little under my tongue. I am putting it in my morning smoothies and it seems to really work... good job in the cookies! Keep trying!

SK, how are you doing? We are here for you,

Catch-up day for me, along with continuing to disperse stuff of my client... the beat goes on. Right now going to re-acquaint myself with our finances! Sheesh!

"I feel my confidence growing daily".
            May we be well ---

Comment

Thanks for the start-up.

I'm leaving for Toronto tomorrow. I forgot it was so soon since I booked ages ago and my calendar is buried under paperwork on kitchen table.
              I had to get my skates on and get mani-pedi, note in mailbox, cash, etc.

I texted dd and told her I would drop by to see Vivian before I go. She wanted to know where I was going and what would be the context of my convo with Vivian??? WTF I don't normally use this crude term, but told her to stick up her concerns up her a%%. She texted back Viv would be available from 5:50. Hmm, trying to play nice hasn't worked, but that action did.

Peggy will experience T-storms while I'm away, poor baby, That's why I need this trip, me before everyone else has to stop.

Hi to everyone, this is a fly-by.

I had this new nail treatment - powder and varnish layered like an acrylic nail, but it's your own nail. Don't like it. Aldi had some hanging petunia s
              for for 6.99, so got a couple. I probably won't sleep tonight for fear of something I might forget. I fell off the sugar wagon the other day of crises.
              I will wait until I get back to restart. I usually get the cheese and fruit plate, but if they don't have any, I'm taking a sizeable chocolate bar with me.:happy2:
              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Good evening friends,

SK, oh boy - wishing you safe travels & a wonderful visit with your sister. Sounds like the perfect Rx for you right now :hug:
                I hope your visit with Vivian was good, it's about time too! I certainly would have used some strong language myself if my daughter attempted to talk to me like that.
                Peggy will be OK, don't worry. Enjoy yourself!

Star, I saw your happy family pics on FB, very nice!
                We have already moved into the hot weather here, hit 88 or 90 today, depending where you were. Too hot for my young chickens so they had their first icy treat today
                After such a prolonged winter I think we all need to break out a bit & make the most of every single day!

Hi there Pauly, hope your day was good. I have never attempted a completely sugarless cookie but I do make some with the least amount of sugar or honey as possible. Sugar bothers me in so many ways that I don't have that big of a problem staying away from it for the most part. I don't crave sugar like I do salt which is detrimental to my B/P. It's always something.

Cyn, glad you are giving your foot special consideration. Thinking back to my stress fracture a few years ago - I really feel for you!
                I sat & paid bills today too because I completely forgot to yesterday, ha ha! I hope you can clear up all the client stuff soon & get a chance to chill for a bit.

I just posted a pic on FB of the pocket pillows I completed today. My inventory is growing
                I hope everyone has a nice night!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning...

Lav, we had so much fun yesterday, as you can see we laughed super hard at lunch, little kids are not afraid to feel what they feel. The weather here is so beautiful, just loving the warmth and sunshine. Rain today and that is needed too. Love your craft projects, they are just wonderful.

Cyn, ouch, that ankle sounds sore, good your move is getting closer to completion, you can put that leg up and give yourself a little TLC. Love your affirmations, thanks.

Pauly, we all feel better if we eat clean and avoid lots of sugar, but a little is OK, moderation in all things except alcohol, right?

Skendall, have a wonderful, lovely time in Toronto. You deserve it. I always feel guilty leaving my kitty when I travel, but after we are back I hope they don't have too much of a memory. Even if they do, we have to be allowed to do what we want to do. Hope your visit with Viv was fun. Your daughter sounds ridiculous, love that you set her straight.

Have a great AF Thursday.

Comment

Morning all -

SK - so glad you are taking your trip!! Our dogs seem to do just fine while we are gone, despite all the worry. I am the one with separation anxiety when it comes to leaving my dog! i sympathize about the flight food, yep, chocolate may be the answer. Hope all went well with Viv. Safe travels!

Star, it sounds like you are having great family times - isn't the little guy about a year old now? Thanks must be hopping. So glad the weather is good there. You made it through winter!

Pauly, how's all? I have a recipe for non-refined sugar that is the simplest thing - just almond flour, maple syrup and ... something else, I forget. But they come together in a flash. I'll find the recipe and post it here. It's nice to give our gut a break from sugary/gluten treats once in a while, good for you for trying some recipes- it can be done! i hope all is well with the whole family ---

Lav, your poor little chickens - well, they are lucky to have such a good mistress, who brings them icy treats! It was in the high 80s here also yesterday. Of course I do not have many screens in yet. And isn't it about time for me to do my annual "the screens are dirty and I can't get to them! Post, ha!? The trouble is, I haven't cleaned them in all the years that I've been saying that. So I am toughing this hot spell out without screens, as once I put them in, they are there for the whole summer! Hopefully a few will get washed this year (if they wash themselves...��)

Took the entire day yesterday to start getting caught up on my writing job. Getting there. Today is another hot one, and I will be over at my client's unpacking like a crazy person... she is overwhelmed by the boxes, so must get her comfy. (But she has air conditioning!) I spent Mon and Tues at her old house, giving furniture away to Habitat and tying up the loose ends of what the movers forgot. Someday this will be over!

Wishing all well - "I stand within a Universe of Possibilities"

Comment

Morning friends,Star,looks like you all had a lot of fun,yay! Yep,things on moderation except al seems to be ok for me too,no moderating that crap.Cyn,glad you got to work on your writing! I can't handle L-glutamine it really does a number on my stomach! SK,wishing you safe travels and have fun,yep I miss Winslow when I travel too,last year when we went to Cali for a couple of days when I got back I went into the bathroom and he followed me and when I sat down here jumped on my lap he missed us so bad Lav,wonderful job on the pillow wishes for a nice,free,Thursday

Comment

Good evening friends,

It was another scorcher today, tomorrow will be the same. Looking forward to the rain this weekend to cool things off for next week

Star, I think after all the BS we put ourselves through over the years we deserve some fun, loving family time. And whatever else makes us happy too, ha ha! Glad you enjoyed the boys.

Cyn, Seriously, I drag screens out of the garage, hose them off in the driveway, install them & that’s it. I just refuse to fuss with all that housework!!!
                        Glad you are catching up on all of your too many responsibilities

Pauly, I can’t help but be amazed how much your grandsons look alike. They both have that dreamy eyed look, Lol
                        Do you have any vacation trips planned this year?

SK, I hope your trip was smooth & easy. Enjoy yourself!

It’s almost 9 pm & I am enjoying the coolness of my basement level shop. I keep coming up with new ideas to stitch out, makes me happy
                        Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning...

Up early today, drank too much ice tea yesterday, so up at 4:30, yuck. Stormy warm muggy weather, it is just beautiful, I was so sick of the cold. I drove down to my daughter's yesterday as my grandson had a school spring program, and the drive was gorgeous, green buds, red buds and white flowering trees, lovely time of year. No visits for a while, daughter is going on a momcation and our schedule is changed till after Mother's Day. That's OK, I need to get things done around the house. I cleaned half my closet yesterday, took two big bags to Good Will, it was nice to come home to order and easily finding my sandals.

Lav, I like the way you are independent, just making do with what goes on in your life and finding things you like to do. I saw the lovely pillow pic posted, it is amazing. I am trying to do the same, accepting what is and enjoying the freedom of where I am at currently. I want to do a little flower planting, so will get out my pots and start looking. The arthritis in my hands is so painful, I can only do a little at a time. Very happy to have a small area to plant.

Cyn, what a pain to not have the screens in. Hope the move you are working on is done soon. I too hate leaving my kitty when we travel, she gets so upset.

Skendall, have a lovely trip, take care.

Pauly, any fun plans today? Your new grandson is so sweet, glad you are able to see him so often and enjoy. I have been focusing on salads lately, and noticing I feel alot better, so will try and keep on this path. When I eat crap I feel like crap, haha. Off too exercise today and catch up around the house. Nothing exciting this weekend, and that is OK with me.

Have a great AF Friday all.

Comment

Morning friends,just a quick hello cuz the site isn't letting my posts go thru for some reason,anyhoo have a great,free Fryday

Comment

Good evening friends,

Still stuck in this hot humid yuck weather pattern. We're supposed to have storms tonight to clear this stuff out - at least I hope it does.
                              We had a flowery kind of day, ha ha! We went to a church sponsored sale today in Northeast, MD & bought some new herb plants for my herb garden. Then we went to an Amish grower & came home with a ton of stuff. I got my hanging boxes on the chicken house planted, they look pretty. I think they appreciate it too, LOL

Star, I'm with you on the clean eating & feeling better. All it takes is one meal to completely throw me off, ugh. You're right about my making do with whatever is at the moment. That has been the cornerstone of my transformation I think - learning to let go of preconceived notions & expectations. That was one HARD lesson for me to learn, believe me. This half Polish girl has a very hard head!!!! Also learning to be really grateful has been a huge help. I just cringe when I look around & see the suffering of so many, near & far. I guess you could say Lav finally grew up!!!
                              I take Arthritis strength Tylenol in the morning & at bedtime & it keeps me pretty comfortable. I do get these odd cramps in my hands though. Never found out what causes them. My NP says it's because I use my hands too much - I don't think so, ha ha! I am having fun working on the pillows & at some point plan to make a FB page for them.
                              My closet needs a little work too although it's not real bad right now. I like donating to Purple Heart - they come & pick it up!!!
                              Enjoy your down time until you see the boys again. A little solitude is good for the soul.

Pauly, I haven't had any trouble posting for quite a while, hope it clears up for you! Loved Louie's pirate cowboy look

Cyn I hope you get some quiet time this weekend, if at all possible!

SK, thinking of you!

Have a nice night everyone.
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X