An invitation to every member of mwo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An invitation to every member of mwo!

If you read around the threads like I do, you can see that MWO is struggling once again to keep members and attract new ones, I’m not sure the reason why, or the answer, but it’s sad to see some traditional threads become so quiet that you think it’s going to fade away.

I’ve never been much for counting days of sobriety as I didn’t think that it would really help me quit drinking, and I very seldom post on the Newbie’s Nest Roll Call and have just recently started posting on the Super Sober Sunday Shout Out, as I thought it would seem that I was just bragging, kind of like pointing a finger in someone’s face and saying “look where I am, and look where you are”. But I’ve changed my way of thinking…. [MENTION=19771]Elvis[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22013]A new page[/MENTION] post everyday on the Roll Call and [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] never fails to start the SSSSO thread, and I’ve come to think that you can’t get to 1300 days without having a Day 1 then Day 2. There was a time not long ago when those threads were pages long, it’s time to make that happen again.

So let’s all start counting our days, show the guests and newbie’s that those big numbers can be achieved! I don’t care how many times you post “Day 1 again” and I’m sure none of the other members care about that either because 99% of us have had so many Day 1’s. As I told [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], it matters not how many Day 1’s, what matters is you’re here everyday doing your best to equal and surpass your best effort to date, you’re here to find a quit that sticks, and at the end of the day, isn’t that what MWO is all about?
    Last edited by abcowboy; June 9, 2018, 09:05 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Re: An invitation to every member of mwo!

Lovely post AB and so true. Back in the day MWO was so lively. It is sad that its not still. I am consciously making the effort to post each and as I know it helps keep me connected to my quest. I also know that when I dont, it takes me to places that are not good for me.

Comment

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]...when you see Chillgirl, please give her my best. She's a lovely lady!

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
        [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]...when you see Chillgirl, please give her my best. She's a lovely lady!
        Hi Rusty, I certainly will. I see her tomorrow and I am so looking forward to it. She remembers you fondly!

Comment

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], :love:thank you for passing on my good wishes to Chillgirl. I used to have her email address but I don't anymore because I think she re-married. :-( Please tell her that I am as "frisky" as ever! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
            [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], :love:thank you for passing on my good wishes to Chillgirl. I used to have her email address but I don't anymore because I think she re-married. :-( Please tell her that I am as "frisky" as ever! LOL
            Ha ha! I will do that. If you want to pass me your email address via pm I will certainly pass it on to her?

Comment

Took a little while but I found it..........my first post on the SHOUT OUT thread from 16th August 2009............I used to sit awe at the numbers and I was a little afraid at just over a month AF I wasn't sure if I should..........I was so naive.

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
              Mr T,
              Big SHOUT to all,whether it's 1 day or 1000 days.
              Personally I'd like a marching band and flags.
              Jackie xxx
              AF 7/7/2009
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
              X