w/c 10 june

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 10 june

morning all ...and again a lovely morning tho thunderstorms forecast from 1 pm..how are we all today then? good I hope ....both rabbit out playing in the sun ,she is def going to the vet ,her back leg is twisted in ,how or what she has done dont know but she certainly doesnt seem in pain ,but it affects her mobility ,whilst the schemer Jeeves is just sitting plotting his next adventure..
    so lets have a brew ,

morning sam,hows you mate ? hows the domestic front buddy?not nice ,but Im sure thingzll sort out ...as for the bamboo..years ago I did my garden with a pond in it..and guess what ..I bought some bamboo..and took it out of the pot and planted in the ground ..it took over my garden and next doors virtually too!!that must have been 15 years ago and they have still got bamboo coming thru now and again...

hiya ppqp...yep here we are home ,Julie has got this mountain thing in her head now ..it will pass ..she used to laugh at me and call me nutz when I did this sorta stuff years ago ..so have you had a chilling weekend ..not scary btw ..just a relaxed one? hope so ..

hiya treegirl,hows you today then? unstarched?another fave part of the country for me ..cornwall ..penzance looe polperro gweek ,mullion cove,St Austell,St Just .......camped all over the place ..and the pasties???..mmmmmm

hiya Lav hows you today then? hope you are well..got a good load of little apples on my grafted trees ,and got my blueberries just turning nw....and my first tomatoes too ...anyway first things first ...a brew...

and just for you sam....

20180607_184752.jpg

20180607_150049.jpg

20180607_140900.jpg
    Last edited by Mick; June 10, 2018, 04:13 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: w/c 10 june

morning all,
    love the train pics, Mick. Yep, I cut through about 200 feet of it and realized it was going to be difficult to get the transit in there so we did a side step. It was bamboo and the line went with an old roadbed that through the years was used to pile trash, heck with that.

yesterday was a perfecto kind of day after the initial debacle of breakage, lots done around here, muzak in the late afternoon and nice dinner with the family, more muzak with them, off to beddie bye. Even slept in late this morning!

hoping for a repeat today!

later friends...
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...I'm glad Panda doesn't appear to be in any pain and hope the issue is easily solved. Enjoying a very chilling weekend LOL just sitting here with my brew listening to the rain. Tornado warnings to the East of me and ...wait for it...snowfall warnings to the West! I'll heed the bamboo warning and add it to the list of restricted plants in the community garden.

Sam...glad your day turned out to be perfecto! and sleeping in sounds like the start to another one.

Tgirl...gotta ask, what does SD stand for?

Got a lot of the "I'll do it later" chores completed yesterday so it's a "no guilt" day to laze around and that's just what I'm going to do.
      Shout out to the rest....have a Super Sober Sunday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello & happy Sunday Abbers

Not a drop of sunshine around here today but plenty of rain drops.

Mick, sure hope your bunny is OK.
        I spent the day watching groundhogs & deer thru my kitchen window. They were having fun chewing up the yard, ha ha!!
        I was confused by your message this morning - thinking it was from my daughter, ha ha. She had the brownies out camping last night so she was on my mind, LOL

Sam, glad you've had what sounds like an A-OK weekend

PQ, I never, ever seem to run out of chores needing to be done. Lucky you!!! Hope your day was fabulous! (Cyn's SD = step daughter)

Hello to Cyn, hope you are getting a work break today.

Hello to Pie, SK & anyone else stopping by for a visit!

Have a peaceful night everyone!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all,
          looks like a bit on the rainy side. yep my perfect day was cause it was my birffday, and I took time to enjoy the moments as they came, for once! Now onward to the next year. Went saw the latest Star wars last night, timed it just right, only saw one preview. Typical SW flick, not too much substance, bar scene, weird characters.

meetings today, maybe a bit of deed work, help my son unload mushroom blocks, computing.

hope everyone is groovin.
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

afternoon all ..yep tis afternoon ..Ive been bizzy up till just now .. been painting fencing ,phoning insurance ,vets ,everything ..and guess what ..trying to organise a vet visit..and who comes hopping into the house ...yep ..Panda!!..it was supposed to rain ,but we had a bit of a drizzle and that was it ..tis a lovely sunny day here ,.

happy 21st (ish ) birthday Sam..no rain here mate ,I take it by mushroom blocks, you mean compost?

Hiya Lav ,nope there is no way you could confuse me with a brownie !!..how are you then today?all good I hope. nope no rain or groundhogs here!!have an afternoon tea,the English are allegedly famous for it..

hiya ppqp ..well on the back of a lazee day how are you ? thanks for thoughts on P anda .yes definitely be careful with the bamboo!hope today is as good for you..

hello to everyone else ...have a good day
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...thanks for the definition of SD, now I know what Cyn's talking about.

Sam...Happy Belated Birthday, glad your day was perfect and you got to enjoy it. Got to admit I haven't seen 1 Star Wars movie.

Mick...does that mean Panda is doing better? Do you still need to take her to the vets?

It was a quiet day at work so was able to play some bridge this afternoon which was nice as I sure wasn't in a work mood.

Hope we all have a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Had a busy day switching cars back & forth with a rental company. Why would someone think this granny would be happy driving a car as big as a city bus for a week? Ha ha. It was a Chevy Suburban, Lav said no so they found a smaller, normal size car for me, ha ha! Hopefully my own car will be done in just a few days.
                went to see the eye doc & ordered two new pairs of glasses. one pair is specifically for computer, sewing & embroidery machine work. Glad I mentioned how much neck pain I was getting from tilting my head back so I could see the screens thru the progressive lenses.

Mick, it rained overnight here but nothing today. Big floods north of here, guess we were lucky.
                I have a kitchen cabinet full of tea, love the stuff

Sam. Happy Birthday to you!!
                Glad you enjoyed your day.

PQ, I didn't do anything work-like either today, LOL
                I even stopped & picked up Chinese takeout for dinner. not the healthiest option, just a treat & I didn't feel like cooking.

Hello to everyone else & wishing a peaceful night for all!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

wow, I'm alive and well!
                  missed you all so much and really don't have much computer time here. Just super busy with the rehab program and will certainly poke in as I can.
                  had a heck of a time with my password etc. Super hot and humid here in Oklahoma but I'm giving it 150% and just got an accommodation today for doing well.
                  I'm also cooking for the whole facility a couple times per week which is interesting as I've never done institutional cooking before. Anyway, feeling good and healthy and exercising lots too. wishing you all the very best.
                  be well loves. back when I can.
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

You sound wonderful Det :hug: :yay:
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hello all -
                      Mick, thanks for the pics, yes, a hike in Devon is on the list for me! Hope all the animals are well today.

Ppq - sorry, yes SD is for stepdaughter, who just got a big new job and will be moving; I am helping her plan.

Lav, interesting about the different glasses for the computer... are they basically magnifiers? Glad that you had a dinner you didn't have to make!

Det, sounds like things are going well, good for you!

Hi to Nora, Pauly, SK and all. Wishing everyone some peacefulness today...

Comment

MAE ALL...

Det...great to hear from you. Glad things are going so well for you, keep up the good work. :welldone:

Mick...thanks for the video and photo's you're looking good.

Shout out to everyone else, have to finish getting ready for work and will pop back later.....:smile:PPQP
                        Last edited by porqoui; June 12, 2018, 07:25 AM.

Comment

det absolutely brilliant to hear from you buddy ....how are you ?you sound pretty upbeat matey ..great news ,..hiya all ..another lovely day here today ..need to get some garden work done and also on me trains.

hiya Lav ,hows you then today?all good I hope so you got new glasses ? I take it they are varifocals>I tried them and nearly broke my neck walking!so you love tea?what kind do you like or any?so lets have a cup of Earl Grey.how did you feel after the Chinese?We usually make our own ..and when we have bought ones the salt is unreal!!

hiya ppqp..hows you then all ok in Calgarysville? whats your weather like?no Im going to watch her for the week and see what happens ..hows the garden going?

iya sam hows things with you mate?what are you up to..?

right peeps ..off to the shops and paint a fence now take care

Comment

MAE ALL....which stands for morning, afternoon, evening in case anyone is wondering.

Tgirl....does your SD live with you? A big new job sounds exciting. The start of another adventure.

Mick...rain stopped Sunday night but we're getting a lot of wind with low temps in the mornings. All's good as we ain't got any snow!! Garden's doing great I'll try get a pic of it tomorrow.

Pauly...saw you posted on the other thread, good to have you back. Did you see that Det was able to give us a shout out? Hope you're doing ok and you know you're always welcome here too.

I had an interesting day as my MIL's neighbour kept calling me because the ex was in the back yard doing strange things. With the 3rd call she said she think's he broke into the house and is hauling stuff out. No way of getting a hold of the executors so I ended up calling 911 and driving over there to meet them. As it turns out he hadn't broken into the house but was trying to get plates and insurance for a vehicle he owns. This from a guy who has no drivers license. The cops told him if he took the Buick or tried breaking into the house he would be arrested. They are going to keep an eye on the property and have units drive by till his vehicle is removed. His plan is to go back to Saskatchewan, sorry Saskatchewan!

Hope we all have a restful night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

I had the grandsons here for 8 hours, 3 meals & more snacks than you can count. We played outside, watched a dinosaur movie & ate popcorn, & I broke up a few boy fights, ha ha! Fun but tiring day.

Det, really happy to see your report & glad to hear you are doing so well. Wishing you continued success & happiness

Cyn, the optician explained that she can change the levels on the progressive lenses to accommodate your needs. The top portion of the lens is for long distance, the middle is for regular distance & the very bottom of the lens is for reading & seeing the small stuff. Hopefully I'll be able to look at my computer screens without bending my head backwards anymore which causes neck pain. Threading 30 needles between two machines can be maddening, ha ha!

Hey PQ, hope your day was excellent.

Mick, I love most teas except Earl Grey - tastes like cleaning fluid to me, ha ha!
                              The place we pick up Chinese food goes easy on the salt & soy sauce. It actually agrees with me for the most part. Some places are awful in their salt department.
                              We had nice weather today so I was able to get the kids outside to run around. Rain is on the schedule for tomorrow.
                              My glasses won't be done for 2-3 weeks so I'll just have to wait. How are the trains coming along?

Hello to Pauly, Pie, SK, Nora & anyone else dropping in.
                              Tomorrow is take the dog to the vet day - oh joy.

Have a nice night everyone!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X