Witching hour check in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Witching hour check in

Well this is the time where I make excuses to drink. Instead I am checking in and reading posts. I am NOT going to cave tonight! Hope everyone is having a good evening! AF night for me.

Way to go [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! It’s always good to add something to your plan, change things up a bit, and keep looking for what will work for you! And keeping your mind centred on your sobriety during your witching hours is definitely a good thing!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: Witching hour check in

Yes I might just check In again tomorrow night too. Getting ready for bed NOW and I am AF YAY! It might not seem like much but it’s a start!

Comment

Its a great start Rava and i found watching youtube videos on alcoholics helped a lot. put my mind more into a place of why i could not and did not want to drink.

great work
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi All
          Rave that was the toughest part of the day for me. We used to have a very active chat room here and many of us stoped in when it was the witching hour. There was always someone there to help it pass because it does. Just as you did today maybe post at that time and others if they are around reading can join you. Stay Strong
          Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
          AF 5-16-08

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=6034]caysea[/MENTION]. I may just do that again tonight. I have no desire to day drink but the evenings have always been a huge struggle. So today I will stay sober and keep moving while remembering that I can not drink like a normal person. I crossed that line a long time ago!

Comment

Another check in for me on my own thread. LOL. Its almost 7 pm and I have so far made it through the worst of this time. I am sitting on my porch drinking iced tea. Yesterday was a slip up for me but looking back, I am blaming it on being extremely tired and over worked from hosting a large family party. After all the clean up and prep, I had a few drinks. I am not proud of it but I am back today strong and feeling like I dont want to drink anymore. I am just upset that after 8 years, its so hard to quit again. I am not going to rip myself apart and be totally depressed. I am getting back up again and starting over and I will just keep coming back here when the feelings are strong. Hope all the fathers had a great day yesterday.

Comment

Another witching hour check in for me. Been doing a lot of thinking and realizing that quitting again is the best thing I could do for myself and my family. My husband doesnt even know I have a problem and I want to keep it that way. When I make my mind up to stop drinking I feel strong. When I am sneaking drinks, I am mentally exhausted, confused and weak. Its time to woman up and get this! No more excuses...

Comment

Rava, great job on the witching hour check-ins. Just like you, my husband did not know the extent of my problem for a long time. I had an almost 5 year quit before I relapsed and took over a year to get back. In that year, there were many episodes that proved to my husband without a doubt that I have a problem. I never came out and said so, but it was obvious. Many times he told me to just go to bed. One time he caught me sneaking "a whiff" from a bottle of scotch just before I put it to my lips. Game over. Of course, it took a few months for me to get my quit on again. The AL beast is crafty. I am sort of glad that my husband knows now, as it makes me more accountable and I don't want that shame of getting caught ever again.

The witching hour always got me. And like you, after a big party when the relief set in, I would sneak a few shots to settle down. I'm on day 112, and even though I have my moments, I know that I am always one shot away from that Alco-hell.
                  BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Thanks for that post [MENTION=6333]bel[/MENTION]lgirl. Yes we are all just one drink away from alco hell. I started slipping on vacation this past winter with the pool bar, allowing myself 2 drinks per day. Thinking I could moderate. Once I got home and could pour my own drinks, I kinda slipped into the phase of “uncontrolled drinking” I was waking up sweating with dry mouth, etc. I know that my sober life is soooo soooo much better. I am getting back to that after several months of f—king up. I dont want these bad habits to turn into a lifetime of regret and remorse. So here it is Friday Night and normally I would have belted away at least 4 glasses by now, instead I have had a Diet Coke. Watching Hulu!

Comment

Congrats to everyone that is here reading instead of drinking. Remember the witching hour is shorter and shorter every day you don't cave, and the cravings get less. Go for a run. Dig in to a hobby, read this forum! ;}

Comment

Here it is Friday Night at 8:25 pm. I am sober and getting ready to read a new kindle book I just downloaded. No alcohol in the house and not craving it. So that to me is a huge success! Tomorrow I will wake up early and feel good! No more boozy nights for me. Working on getting my shit together! Day 8 is a wrap!:yay:

Comment

Another Witching hour check in. Want to drink but happy that there is no alcohol in the house other than beer. I hate beer. So gonna take a bath and watch some Hulu until I get sleepy.

Comment

Good for you! You will never regret not drinking! I’m at my son’s baseball game so doing okay for the moment but I know when I get home it will be hard so I will be sure to get a tea or water right away!

Comment

Heading home from work and it’s a holiday tomorrow. Craving a glass of wine like crazy! I need to eat and I know I will feel better. Hope you are doing well Rava!

Comment

Working...
                              X