Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hello

I was on this forum years ago and was doing pretty well abstaining then moderating. Unfortunately, my son passed away in December in a sudden tragic car accident. He was 22. That set me back so here I am looking for supprot and healing on my grief journey WITHOUT alcohol. It really doesn't help.

Don't want to be a lurker so, Hi everyone.

Re: Hello

Hi [MENTION=22168]Teacup[/MENTION]. Let me first day that I am very sorry for your loss. What you are going thru must be devastating and overwhelming. I am a newbie here so welcome. This is my brief story..... I was sober for 4 years, fell off the wagon, got sober for another 4 years and slid back into drinking with absolutely no effort. This is the one thing in my life that I seem to excel at, Professional Drinking! Moderating does not work for me either. We can all support each other in our efforts to stay sober. I really can’t give any wisdom as I am working on getting back my sobriety. I will say again, that I am very sorry for your loss. I am looking forward to getting to know you better through this site. Take care and stay in touch.

Comment

Welcome back Teacup
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Welcome Tea and so very very sorry for the loss of your child. You are right that grieving doesnt need to involve al as it only makes things 1000 times worse. Read around the threads and pop into some and introduce yourself. the Newbies Nest is a great place to post and get to know others.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi Teacup, I'm so sorry to hear about your son, I cannot imagine how difficult that must be. I can understand how that would have set you back and I'm very glad you're here and not letting AL take you away. I also was doing well for a long time but got off track over the past few months and the past week was particularly bad for me where I realized I was drinking like I was in the past again. In other words - too much. Day 2 here for me.

Wishing you the best, you will be in my prayers.

Comment

Welcome back, Teacup. I am so sorry for your loss and can't imagine how devastating it must be to lose a child.

I CAN imagine that facing the grief and all that comes with it is overwhelming, and I can see how turning to alcohol would be a temptation. I am glad you're here to get some support. Join a more active thread if you want more regular contact...

Pav

Comment

Welcome back, [MENTION=22168]Teacup[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7263]frances[/MENTION]

I'm so sorry for your loss of your boy, Teacup, and really admire you for taking this step to heal yourself in the midst of what must be the hardest pain. It is true that alcohol does us no favors and usually makes everything worse. I hope you stay with us.

It is good to see you, too, Frances. I've often wondered about you and whether moderation was working out and not taking up too much valuable headspace. I fear the constant 'thinking about drinking' as much as the physical fall-out, I think. Good on you, too, for coming back before things got totally out of control.

All the best to both of you. xx, NS

Comment

Thanks, everyone. Drinking does nothing but makes my journey worse. Glad to be back this is such a nice group.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=22168]Teacup[/MENTION]. Thinking of you today. Hope you are doing well.

Comment

Working...
                  X