Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - Dry (And Healthy, Self-Caring) July 2018

Happy Dry (And Healthy, Self-Caring) July 2018

Thank you Glassie for the following idea. I love it.

For any of you who are still having occasional lapses with drinking – would any of you like to join me in committing to Dry July as a new day one?

But more importantly (and anyone else can join this too) – a Happy, Healthy July! We are all so busy looking after everyone else, so let’s all make this the month we commit to giving ourselves the same love we do to others, with whatever we know we need to do. For me the main things I need to focus on are nutrition, hydration, daily yoga and talking to myself the way I would to my loved ones. I’d love to hear what you all think are the things you need to do to self-care.
    I hope that everyone drops in & joins us. Let's all take care of ourselves the way we take care of our loved ones.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Re: One Step at a Time - Dry (And Healthy, Self-Caring) July 2018

The neighbors are having a get together. Loud Mexican music. It's got a good beat, I'm about to get up and start dancing around the living room. LOL
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Well - I'm back. That song ended so it was a short dance. But it did make Mom laugh. :victorious:
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks for starting July off for us so splendidly Nora. :bravo:
        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Here's our mantra for the month

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Guess I will be hitting the sack pretty soon to read for a while. I was up a little after 5:00 this morning. I wanted a couple more hours. LOL

Well - the neighbors have started their barbecue. Their grill is in the part of their backyard that is near our window. The smell of roasting meat is wafting in. GrossL.gif

It was bad when we had the baby shower & the taco man here. But, at least I was outside and could move away from it. Time to close my window. Easy solution.

It's nice to hear the fun over there though. It was just an eccentric man for so many years. We are really enjoying hearing a family.
            Last edited by NoraC; June 30, 2018, 10:03 PM.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh Nora, I hate to tell you my mouth would be watering! I do so love a BBQ! I live in a Bi-level, so my patio and grill are on the ground level and my kitchen is upstairs. A lot of running up and down the stairs. In my younger days we would even eat outside, now I'm just too lazy! Thanks for starting us off.

Comment

Happy July, Steppers. Have a GREAT month. I certainly will. In Techie news, I am taking a new cancer treatment. It is immunotherapy. Off the chemo and I am doing well. It holds a great deal of promise for me.

In other news, I have been training two local athletes who will compete in The Malibu Triathlon in September. I could not enter again this year as my oncologist urged me NOT to train on my bike. So, I will be a frustrated spectator, but a proud coach. I think that will override any disappointment. I know I am getting too old for the rigorous training the sport requires. So, perhaps, I’ll just stick to hiking, golf, and coaching with an occasional obstacle mud run. Lots of fun there .

I would encourage all of you to read a great book called, The Biology Of Belief by Bruce Lipton!
                Last edited by techie; July 1, 2018, 10:33 AM.
                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Thanks for the start up Nora,I know you don't eat meat so the bbq probably makes you gag,I'm with Liz and every time my neighbors start up their grills I'm jealous! Can't believe it's already July,,the time gets wasted when we drink,the blackout phase,the recovery is just draining,sucking my life and memories away,time to move forward and live the life I want,,alcohol is a hunk o junk and im sick of it,,here's to Dry July!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello, hello.
                    Going to have to get Mom up soon. Try to get her to at least change to clean jammies before my niece gets here. For some reason, she has been in a stubborn, confrontational mood so we shall see. The boyfriend might just be grandma with her wearing dirty jammies. LOL

Techie - loved hearing an update. Thank you. I think coaching is a good way to stay 'in' the sport. Good thinking. I will try to check out that book. I don't know if I can read anything that takes a brain at the moment. But, we shall see.

Well - I should be a grandma this month. Exciting and sort of scary. I want to be the best grandma for Savannah May. So, that means taking care of me too. So glad that Glassie thought of this idea.

Have a wonderful Sunday and I will be back in a few hours.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
                      Well - I should be a grandma this month. Exciting and sort of scary. I want to be the best grandma for Savannah May.
                      Don't you just love it that she'll always know you as someone who doesn't drink 😊?!? And that your son and DIL will know they can always trust you with her? Congratulations on the upcoming Big Event! It is tons of fun. xx, NS

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                        Don't you just love it that she'll always know you as someone who doesn't drink ?!? And that your son and DIL will know they can always trust you with her? Congratulations on the upcoming Big Event! It is tons of fun. xx, NS
                        Thank you. And and I have thought about how great it will be to just be available. No worries over when can I drink and not worry about having to drive.
                        They were over this afternoon. I don't think that she'll wait until July 25 to arrive.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all.
                          I have been going like crazy. Back home from Macon after putting everything in storage. Just brought a couple things back as dd1s car was full and small. Going back today as it is dd2s birthday (20) and need to pick up some stuff to get me through however long I will still be here. Called about the other place I am interested in buying but no answer. It is a FSBO. Still hoping things might work out with the other one since I dont see anything else affordable there. And since all my belongings are there sheesh......Techie, good to hear how you are doing and the book sounds good. I will check it out......Nora. have fun with niece......here we ar dry July yay!!!

Comment

Helllllllooooooo Friends!

Glassie-thank you for the new name for July. Love it!:heartbeat:

Wow....what a wild week. Thank God I am off this week. I need it. Haha! The wedding was beautiful, my niece was stunning, and my sister looked like Cinderella in her gown. I had never seen my sister wear a long gown before and I have never seen her more beautiful and radiant. The reception was a blast...I danced with my BIL's brother, sister and nephew, and the food was delicious. Mom went to the wedding but simply did not have the energy for the reception. The heat was stifling...it was 94 degrees with a heat index of 109 and the humidity was overbearing. It was a "no kids" wedding so it was a bit smaller than my niece had originally planned. There were 140 people.

Nora:hug: I hope your Mom's stubborn mood has lifted. I can't believe your big day is almost here. What will you be called? Grandma? Nana?

Liz-thank you for the sweet words about my picture. I only had one picture taken at the reception because honestly, I could NOT cool off and my face was beet red from the heat and all the dancing. I thought my maxi dress, since it was so light, would be cool but NOOOOOOO. It didn't help that I got sunburned on Thursday with being out on the boat for 3 1/2 hrs. I can understand your angst with Mark leaving for England, but think of it this way...you and hubs have such a cool place to visit!:yay:
                            [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]-You will be the BEST coach, love! Thank you for popping in. We love seeing you!

Pauly-I know this is a tough month for you because of Jon's passing. Thinking of you. I LOVE BBQ, too. :-)
                            [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-so sorry to hear about the mess with your house. Geez...you just can't catch a break.:sad:

I have work to do for a bit but then it's off to enjoy the rest of my day.

Happy AF Monday to all. :-)

Comment

Happy Monday.

Not much to report here. Just one of those days. Water heater went out. No shower this morning. Landlord said he would be here with a new one this afternoon. It's 6:15 and nothing. Frustrating but we have low rent so we will not complain. I'll end up boiling water in the morning - my spit bath this morning was cold! :egad:

What a miracle that those boys were found in the cave. I hope that they will be able to get them out soon.

Rusty - I am so glad that everything was a success. I'm sorry that the heat was too much for your Mom. But, at least she was able to attend the wedding. Has everyone gone back home or are you still entertaining visitors? How was your Mom today?

Bird - any news? So much work you did and then to have to have your stuff in storage. :sad: I hope your daughter has a happy birthday.

Liz - how are things going? Are you going to move your dad to another facility? Sending you hugs.

Pauly - how are you? We are supposed to get record breaking temps at the end of the week. I just ordered a 12x30 pool but it won't be delivered until Monday. Drat!
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                              X