w/c 1 July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 1 July

mae folks white rabbitz ....first of the munf today...In off out to get some last bits for the jolliday ,hence the short post ..but thought I would start it ...

Access Denied

click on the access denied
    Last edited by Mick; July 1, 2018, 02:49 PM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: w/c 1 July

morning all,
    thanks for the start up , Mick..... I'm seeing you're soon to be 6 years old!! Fires subsiding? hope so.

looking like a hot beginning of the month heading our way. Working on more fence toddy, then playing up at a small resort/bar tonight.
    wishing everyone a merry christmas in July
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL...Where does the day go!

Mick...thanks for the start and the link, I'm actually seeing news broadcasts of it on our national news. When are you heading out Tue or Wed? I'm assuming Panda is doing ok.

Sam...the Merry Christmas in July would be appropriate for anyone living in Newfoundland. LOL We're looking at below temps with rain until Friday when the heat wave will hit just in time for the start of the Calgary Stampede. Hope you got the fencing done and have fun with your tunes tonight.

Looking forward to not having to go into work tomorrow. Yay Canada Day....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Another super hot day today, nothing new. I keep popping outside to water plants & they dry out almost immediately.
        I'm running out of chilled watermelon slices for my chickens - their fav cooling system
        I was asked to watch the boys again tomorrow - they will be staying inside because I don't want to be out in this bodacious heat.

Mick, goodness, those fires are terrible. You really have to feel sorry for the wildlife too. Just imagine, they have no idea what's going on.
        I guess you'll be leaving in a day or two. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday :yay:

Sam, I hope you are somewhere cool playing tunes this evening

PQ, Happy Canada day to you!
        I'll be in Canada myself next Sunday for a few days.
        Enjoy your holiday OFF!!!

Hello to the rets of the crew & wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

mae all how are we today then? all good ...? well one of the backlashes of the fires you would think is they are talking about there being a hosepipe ban...now in the current climate you would think that was understandable ..but it seems it isnt a shortage of water but the infrastructure and logistics of delivering it ..in other words the pipework and pumping stations arent fit for purpose ...so tell me where does our 1200 pounds per year water rates go?fat and cats spring to mind combined with a sense of we aint got a clue..rant over ..off to take rabbits to boarding ,drop my van off (new ideas getting fitted) and then some ungodly hour to the airport in the morning

so lets have a brew ...

hiya Lav ,went up to my friends farm yesterday...he must have at least 50 different hens ,and a yakking cockerel ...4 sets of chicks on ..He has some american birds too ...next time I am up I will video them .. I asked him about your naked neck ...if it isnt type ,then he reckons its feather picking...thanks for the birthday wishes ,21 again ...so glad I missed maths out at skool...I hope you enjoy canadia ..

hiya ppqp ..happy canada day to you ..yes we fly tomorrow ...Panda ,is ok ,I am def taking her to the vet for x rays when I get back ,but her quality of life is good ,she is one loved and cared for bunny ..actually they both her thats wrong !Ive got an idea for my greenhouse next year ...raised beds inside it ..

hiya sam the man ,how are you then mate ,all good ..yes 6 years coming up ..where I eould have been otherwise ? who knows ..I do know that I have saved peeing away at least $22k!!have a great day friend ..

hiya pauly ,how are you then? hope all is well with you?

a big hello to everyone else...
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hello Lav and all here - sorry to be away, I was abroad on a crazy work project. But now all "done and dusted" as a friend here used to say. I leave again in three weeks for another job, but one here in the states this time...

Looks the weather and Mother Nature are doing some wild things around the world... Lav, hot here too, we have all the fans working overtime.

Bon voyage, Mick and happy trails...

Wishing all well for this week --

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...rant away! With the Canada/US trade wars I'll be joining in! New ideas for the van...oooh can hardly wait to see what you're thinking of now. Raised beds in the greenhouse sounds good just remember raised beds dry out a lot faster than ground beds. You should probably make them wicking beds. Safe travels tomorrow and I hope the weather is perfect for you guys.

Tgirl...good to hear from you. My Mom would always say "Done and Dusted" too. So is your time your own when you're in between jobs? How long do the jobs last?

Temps sitting around 10 with a steady rain. Good day for laundry and general mess cleaning. Have a Marvelous Monday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Well, I have just returned my patient to the chicken house with fingers crossed that no one in there tries to break her neck again
                She's definitely better & able to move pretty quickly now when she needs to so she may be OK. What a crazy 10 days this has been, no kidding.
                Sent my grandsons home after dinner, they were good. Way too hot to do anything outside so they just lounged around in the house with their mini iPads, ha ha!

Mick, wishing you a wonderful & safe trip! I'm leaving Sunday morning to head up to Canadia, LOL

Cyn, welcome back! I hope your trip was fabulous
                This heat wave has been brutal & it's supposed to hang in until Friday I hear, ugh.

PQ, I hope you had a nice day off. Please send some of that rain down this way, phew we are roasting. The heat index was 105 today.

Hello to Pauly - what's going on? Hi to Pie & Sam & SK.

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning all
                  looks like another fun day in the sun, yesterday was a hot one. Today promises to be the same. Mick, didn't realize you were traveling again, if I read the posts correctly. Happy 4th and 6th to you!

PQ, trade wars! the orange bluster is all about grabbing the next headline, which hopefully reads rescinding. Our political sphere is very toxic.

Lav, I try not to think of heat index or wind chills! Times like this I consider having AC!

off to folks, hope everyone is doing well
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hello all - I don't see a new daily, so am posting here ...

Lav, it sounds like I missed a lot while gone! A chicken with a broken neck? Where are you going in Canada? I'm so glad that you are getting a trip in... take care in this heat - more here today as well, eeeek.
                    [MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]y - hey girl, where are you? I would love to hear what's going on. @SK also - what's up?

PQ, I have 3 nearly-full time jobs at the moment, all of them extremely time-sensitive, so I am sadly always in a bit of a lather. This heat and jet lag are not helping me be my most productive, I can tell you. It the show must go on, so I am plugging away, I will get some time off during the end of August -- holding on until then!

I hope Mick is having a fine time, and that all the rest of us stay cool... PQ, please send some rain this way!

Wishing all well. [MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]y, here is for you: "I draw good things into my life".

Comment

MAE ALL....

Tgirl...we decided awhile ago that starting a daily thread was becoming too onerous so went to a weekly one instead. The new thread gets started, usually by Mick, every Sunday with the title W/C (Week Commencing) Day Month. Hence W/C 1 July. 3 nearly full time jobs all extremely time sensitive and I thought my 1 full time job with 1 monthly deadline was stressful!

Sam...the orange bluster :harhar: haven't heard that reference before.

Lav...hope the patient survives general population. Do you think it was the other chickens? Strange how they would just peck in one spot around her neck.

Mick...hope your trip to the airport was uneventful this morning and that you're well on your way to Tenerife. It must feel like coming home to you guys by now.

Pauly...also wondering what's up and hope all is good.

Haven't had to water the garden all weekend and looks like I won't need to till at least Friday. High today is only 15! May manage to get the rain out to you all by Thursday as Friday is calling for a high of 32 and sunny. Just in time for the kick off of the Stampede with the morning parade. Our Summer Day Camps start today and the staff will be busy entertaining the kids indoors today. Hope we all have a Terrific Tuesday.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hiya all from tenerife not long here. .I've been up for 19 hrs now and it is telling so it's a shower for me hope you are well x

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Huge Thunder storm approaching, already messing with the power but I'm glad for it & hope it cools things off a bit, geez.

Cyn, I'll catch up some stuff with you by message -- don't want to put everyone asleep by repeating myself here, ha ha!
                          It was a HOT 106 degrees on my sunny deck today - AWFUL
                          I hope you are staying cool enough!

Sam, I would truly be dead without AC, I kid you not. I just have zero tolerance for heat at this point in my life. The grass around here is getting that August look - crunchy & brown & it's only the beginning of July!
                          Stay as cool as possible buddy

PQ, I have been watering my flower beds twice/day since this heat wave began. I hope we get a good rain.

My injured girl spent the night out in the big house & did OK. But, she won't go outside into the yard with the others, that's where her injury occurred. I'm keeping an eye on her, can't help myself. You can see the pin feathers starting to poke thru so it looks like she's healing well. I wasn't worried about the lack of feathers, I was concerned about her inability to stand or hold her head/neck up. She had a hard time swallowing, if you know what I mean.

Better sign off before the power goes. Have a nice night!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mick...good to hear from you glad you made it safe and sound. Now you get some much needed rest. Hope the weather's good for you.

Lav...106 OMG! It was 53 here today, overcast with drizzling rain. Looked like it was going to snow. I don't blame your injured girl for not going outside to play, I wouldn't either. LOL

Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all how are we to today then ..hopefully all well.it is overcast here but hot. I slept well too.
                              Hiya ppqp how are things with you?all good I hope
                              Glad to hear that the hen is on the road to recovery Lav did you get the thunderstorm
                              Hiya tree girl.
                              .hope you are well
                              Hiya Sam and Pauly...hope you are good too.
                              Apologies for this not being put together well. ..it's using the phone!!

20180703_160413.jpg

20180703_160413.jpg

20180703_160028.jpg

Have a great 4th everyone

Comment

Working...
                              X