Mick has 6 years AF !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mick has 6 years AF !!

Our Mick has 6 years AF today, thanks to the man who gives so much to this wonderful site, always ready with the kettle on and jokes too !! He has been an inspiration to me and I am sure many others whilst keeping his own sobriety in check, well done Mick love you to bits Flossie xx
    I am too big and too small and too much and not enough and too frightened to change and too sad to stay the same

Re: Mick has 6 years AF !!

Flossie, so great to see you!
    You are so right, Mick is one in a million. He is the epitome of what a support forum is all about. He found help, and then extended a hand to those behind him. There is no telling how many people he has helped, but know of at least one.....ME. It takes TIME to post like he does, but he does it unselfishly.....just to bring a bit of joy to others and let them know they arent alone.
    Mick, thank you for 6 years of unwavering friendship. It is a privilege to travel this path with you. Well done, friend.
    Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Flossie, how good is it to see you :hug:

Better get back to our bunny boy, Mick. Well done you and I'll give the highest compliment a Geordie can give...........you're a canny lad and always welcome at this house for a brew........and of course with a brew comes cake............

JC :hug:
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Well done Mick!! Definitely an inspiration to all of us. :sensational::bravo::woohoo2:
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Hi All
          Congrats Mick!!!! Time away from al is the answer to our problem and you sure have put some good time between you and al
          Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
          AF 5-16-08

Comment

big congrats , MICK!!!!!
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Congratulations Mick!!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Mick - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You are a special person - thank you for leading the way. :heartbeat:

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh happy 6th birthday Bunny man. Thank you for being my friend and a listening board when the nutty Aussie needs some calm guidance. I do hope you have the best day today and please please dont eat too much salad!

love always xx
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Happy 6 years of real freedom, Mick! Thanks for being here in a way no one else can. xx, NS

Comment

Congrats on 6 years AF Mick!!!! :thumbsup:
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Big Congratulations on 6 years of freedom, Mick!!

Comment

I would like to thank each and every one of you . You have the courage to admit there was a problem , to tackle it, to keep going when it was tough and moreso to help each other on here.I would by name thank flossie, byrdie and jacs who gave me the strength to carry on., times have been hard, family deaths illness etc but instead of hiding in a bottle I have dealt with it and life carries on .thank you all x
                          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

[MENTION=17668]Mick[/MENTION] - I'm late to the party.
                            Well done on 6 years ....... I 'started stopping' the day after you in 2012 - we should have been quit buddies.
                            But I had a few forays into alcohol-land over the next year till 2013 when the penny finally dropped.

You are a constant here and that is very important ..... for us and I hope you too.
                            To stick around and help others is so selfless and a mark of the man you are :hug:
                            I want to thank you personally for the little PMs of support in harder times. Always appreciated. :heart:

Comment

Congratulations Mick. How time flies... that means it's coming up for 6 years since i first came here... :egad:

Thank you - as so many have said, you've a great support here. Inspirational, dare I say.

Yer jokes aren't so bad either...

Comment

Working...
                              X