Baclofen dosage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen dosage

Hello i started using baclofen due to my SAD and GAD and alcohol cravings. At first i start with 50mg dosage and i take it for 2 weeks. It lowers my SAD and GAD to a minimum and worked wonderfully. Then i read on the internet that i should take it 3 times a day so i increased my dosage to a 90mg(30mg3x a day). Now i still feel good but im not so talkative and feel sleepy alot. I also take clonazepam 2mg a day. My question is: My tolerance got higher or i take too much dosage?

I must rely on the internet in case of baclofen cause no psychiatrist in my city dont know how to treat anxiety with baclofen.

Re: Baclofen dosage

Hi bekap,

So sorry for the late reply! This section has been a little quieter lately.

A lot of us have found that baclofen is an effective medication for anxiety. It definitely worked for my chronic anxiety. Once I got up to a dosage of around 80 mgs/day, I started noticing my anxiety lessening considerably. Here's an older thread from this site with plenty of testimonials about baclofen and anxiety: https://www.mywayout.org/community/m...clofen+anxiety

The likely reason you're sleepy and not so talkative is that you jumped up in dosage from 50 mgs/day to 90 mgs/day. That's quite a big leap up. Baclofen can have some pretty serious side effects, so it's a good idea to ramp up your dosage gradually, generally around 10 mgs every 3-4 days. Here is the prescribing guide that French doctors use in prescribing baclofen: Prescribing Guide - Baclofen for Alcoholism - Prescribing Guide for Baclofen in the Treatment of Alcoholism--for Physicians - The End of my Addiction

Most people continue to titrate upwards on baclofen until they no longer crave alcohol. I've been on it for almost eight years and have no cravings at all.

Be careful with the clonazepam. Baclofen is a pretty powerful drug. You might want to titrate down a bit on the clonazepam if you're finding relief from the baclofen.

Comment

Originally posted by _serenity_ View Post
      Hi bekap,

A lot of us have found that baclofen is an effective medication for anxiety. It definitely worked for my chronic anxiety. Once I got up to a dosage of around 80 mgs/day, I started noticing my anxiety lessening considerably. Here's an older thread from this site with plenty of testimonials about baclofen and anxiety: https://www.mywayout.org/community/m...clofen+anxiety

The likely reason you're sleepy and not so talkative is that you jumped up in dosage from 50 mgs/day to 90 mgs/day. That's quite a big leap up. Baclofen can have some pretty serious side effects, so it's a good idea to ramp up your dosage gradually, generally around 10 mgs every 3-4 days. Here is the prescribing guide that French doctors use in prescribing baclofen: Prescribing Guide - Baclofen for Alcoholism - Prescribing Guide for Baclofen in the Treatment of Alcoholism--for Physicians - The End of my Addiction

Most people continue to titrate upwards on baclofen until they no longer crave alcohol. I've been on it for almost eight years and have no cravings at all.

Be careful with the clonazepam. Baclofen is a pretty powerful drug. You might want to titrate down a bit on the clonazepam if you're finding relief from the baclofen.
      I want to get back to 50mg taking in the morning, that dosage was best for me and worked perfectly. This weak ive been decreasing and increasing dosage between, 20-90mg per day. Now i know its stupid thing to do. How long gonna take to feel good on that dosage i mean when its gonna seattle down?

Comment

Originally posted by _serenity_ View Post
        Hi bekap,

Okay thanks for reply. Now im taking 50mg of baclofen specifically for anxiety (20/20/10). How long will it take to start working? Cause now i feel the same feeling when im cold turkey on clonazepam. Depressed anxiety 100% and even taking clonazepam wont help...
        Last edited by Moderator 1; January 13, 2019, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X