Been through losses this past year and I want to drink bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been through losses this past year and I want to drink bad

I want to drink so bad Its a week in my new quit, and with the losses of my three cats (Alison 11/6/17, Peaches, 7/25/18 and now Pepper 8/3/18) and its making me want to go out and get drunk. I know that it will not solve things and I would end up starting back at day 1.

I do not want to drink, I know that my cats would not want me to drink neither. Posting here so that I could get the help needed and not go out and get drunk.
    Last edited by DriftyAlison0; August 4, 2018, 05:13 PM.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Re: Been through losses this past year and I want to drink bad

Sorry for the loss of your precious fur babies Drifty
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Oh that's so incredibly sad, Drifty. I can't offer any help other than to say I'm sending you loving thoughts while you're grieving.

:sad:
      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Thanks. I have lost pets before. But these three are hard. My AL mind is trying to get me to drink. But I know what will happen and I do not and will not go down that path. I went on a small walk (would have been longer but its getting dark and do not want to be out alone at night and the fact that I do not need to pass places that sell AL. I made sure to leave my wallet at home to help and it did help. I will take the pledge not to drink tonight. But I will need you all to help keep me strong.
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Drifty, I do know the pain of losing a fur baby and three is almost too much to bear. Sending hugs your way. Don't pick up that drink, it only makes matters worse in the long run. Feels those feelings, grieve for your beloved pets. Be kind to yourself, come here and post, pm me if I can be of any help to you at all, or if you just want to talk. We are here for you.

Comment

Thanks. This is hard. The urges are going slowly away. Its dark and the fact that you all are here for me is helping.

Comment

I just saw your post. Terribly sorry to hear about your cats. I hope my post finds you well. Stay strong. Sending light and prayer to you and your cats. xoxo
              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Hey Alison,

I'm sorry to hear about your pets as well, it must be hard.

Well done for not drinking the other night :yay:

Walking is good.

Do you have any friends or family you could share this with?

Have you tried reading in the park? Going to the library is fun too. Maybe you can find one that is open late?

The best to you
                One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Working...
                X