w/c 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 5th

hiya folks lovely to see yall ...despite me putting the post in the wrong place...duh!..well yest was pretty hot ,despite that got the ground dug out the slabs laid grass cut job done.....and now Im orf detecting ..

hiya ppqp...hows you then ? ok I hope ? weather over here today issupposed to be the hottest recorded...sun cream and a hat on ..!yes trains are coming along ....just a couple more things to do then start on ballasting etc..dont know wther to put a second line through that tunnel ,or just leave it ..wow what a life ha ha...yes I pick Panda up hence why she pees on me..

hiya Lav hows you then?all good I hope ...no couldnt see her in nappies ,it would be more drama getting it on her!hows the fox issue?

hi sam you will be on yer travels ..stay safe

hi pauly you ok girl? hope so ..

right folks 5 am time to go x
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: w/c 5th

MAE ALL...

Mick...happy detecting! Thanks for starting the week off before you left.

Long weekend here so I get to do all the things I didn't do yesterday today. LOL

Will pop in later and see if anyone's around....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,I didn't know what was going on yesterday,thread looked old so I didn't post haha! Maybe we should come up with a name for the thread each week so it's easier to find? Just an idea PQ,hope your day is good and you get your stuff done,not much for me today breakfast,groceries,the boys in that order haha,Kell got a call from another shop and the guy kept saying they should"hookup" sometime this week,at first she was skeeved out thinking he was a pervs but then she figured its probably an old guy trying to be hip,,see what happens I hate to see her quit but she's over that shop anyhoo much love to all and wishes fir a great BF Sunday!
      Last edited by paulywogg; August 5, 2018, 08:13 AM.
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Hot as hell here & I mean that in every sense of the word, ha ha! My kitchen thermometer faces south & gets hit with a lot of sun but it read 118 degrees this afternoon, ugh.
        No fox or snake sightings today, that's a good thing. YB was outside all day, sweating like a beast in this weather trying to help prevent another fox intrusion into the chicken yard. He cut a 4 ft wide swath all around the outside of the fence (where weeds grow). He put down that heavy fabric the Amish use to prevent weed growth. He will be laying chicken wire on top of that then put a layer of wood mulch. Hopefully keep the weeds away will reduce the hiding spots for the foxes. If the try to dig under the fence again they will hit wire.
        I have a motion activated ultrasonic alarm being delivered tomorrow - I hope it blows out their ear drums
        Now that they have taken a full 1/3 of my chickens I have declared WAR!!!!
        Other than that is was an OK day, ha ha!

Mick, I keep reading articles about how hot it is over your way, sorry. Summers have become brutal but there's nothing to worry about so says the climate deniers.

PQ, what are you doing tomorrow? You're off?

Pauly, back in the 60's & 70's people used the term hookup for completely innocent reasons, ha ha! I hope that's all that's the case with Kell.
        Hope you are having fun with the boys

Hopefully SK will check in here. She couldn't find the thread either so I sent her the link.

Mick, I think we need to make this thread easier to find......just sayin.

Have a nice night everyone!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning everyone,,,how are we today then?all good i hope ...Well ou detecting yustaday ...the ground was baked solid ...we could get no depth on the machines at all...some of the cracks in the fields were an inch at least wide .so we came home early ..talking to the farmer ...a lot of the root crops have failed due to no water ,potatoes ,too ...and corn hasnt bulked out ...its dried but thin ..so in his cheery way he reckonz food prices will go up .
          so lets have a brew before they do..

hiya ppqp how are you then?all good I hope ..did you have a quiet weekend?yes a fave of mine is to put the post in the wrong place ...especially with my phone !!so to name or make it easier helps us all...maybe name it or put the current date in red if thats possible?

hiya pauly hows you then today? hope all is well should hook up? where is this geezer ? stuck in the 60s???? yep he is either a perv or jotting about in loon pants and a tank top with a frizzy head ....!!so whats you idea for making the fred more visible even to numpties like me..go for it pauly xx

hiya Lav,how are you then? goodI hope?on with the anti fox methods eh?that weed blanket is good ..the only trouble is that its a pain to dig thru to plant things but that wont apply to your situation .. look what I found yesterday..

20180805_171322.jpg

it is what is called a papal bulla ..basically a seal the pope puts on documents ..this one is pope clement the 6th ..(dated 1376...

this is what it should look like...

HAMP-A295D7bulla.jpg

its value if not broken $648. oh well....

right going to have to get the wabbitz meds given ..back later x

One day, a man notices that his next door neighbor is erecting a tightrope in the backyard. The neighbor goes out to practice every day. He uses balancing bars, carries weights, and even pedals a unicycle across.

Then he starts focusing his practice on the tightrope with a wheel barrow. Every day, he puts more and more weight in the wheel barrow and goes back and forth on the tight rope.

One day, the man chats with his neighbor. "I've been watching you practicing on the tightrope for weeks now, and have to say, you're amazing. But, what’s it all for?" the neighbor asks.

"I'm glad you’ve noticed. As a matter of fact, tomorrow, I'm going to cross over Niagra Falls on my tightrope. Why don't you come out and see?" the man replies.

The next day, the neighbor is there watching the man get ready for his big show.

"Do you believe I can make it?"

"Oh yes, I’ve seen you practice. You can do it – easy!"

"Great – get in the wheel barrow."

Bob : You know what, it's really easy to get a divorce in the Middle East. A man is just required to say "I divorce you" to his wife 3 times and it's done!

Jack: It's even easier here in the US. All a man has to say is "Yeah, that dress makes your butt look fat" once.

18 Funny eBay Feedbacks

NEUTRAL: Excellent communication, but should've poked holes in box before shipping the kitten. Refunded.

NEGATIVE: Honda R-Type sticker did not add horsepower as advertised.

NEGATIVE: Despite indication in listing, I could not fit item into any of my body cavities.

NEUTRAL: Item shipped promptly and in good condition, but I should not have to bid on birthday presents from my parents.

POSITIVE: I don't really remember what I ordered. But I've been sitting in the box it came in all day, and it's great!

POSITIVE: Excellent Buyer. A++++++. Thrilled by the quartz movement of the "Rolex". HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

NEGATIVE: Should have been clearer that seller only accepts payment in Bahts via Eastern Union Moneygram.

POSITIVE: Plain brown packaging seemed to fool my wife. Thanks!

NEGATIVE: The dog won't hunt.

NEGATIVE: Very nice monkey mascot costume, but it's a size 34, not a 63 as advertised.

NEGATIVE: Lederhosen not as pink as the picture led me to believe.

POSITIVE: A+++++. Items are exactly as described. Best case of kalashnikovs I've ever bought. Allah Akbar!

NEGATIVE: This is clearly the ninth, NOT THE SIXTH, repackaging of Mad Super Special #24.

POSITIVE: One of the scents mixed in with the packing peanuts remind me of a passionate weekend in Rio... was that you?

POSITIVE: The way you wrote my zip-code makes me weak in the knees. Such smooth strokes. A+!

NEGATIVE: Buying this Space 1999 Lunchbox did not fill the void in my empty life for as long as I'd hoped.

POSITIVE: Thanks for great Rainbow Brite lunchbox. Should shrunken head be inside?

NEGATIVE: Though you did nothing wrong, I am giving you this negative feedback to teach you that the universe is arbitrary and unfair.

A book just fell on my head.
          I’ve only got myshelf to blame.

I found myself drowning in an ocean made out of orange soda yesterday.
          It took me a while to work out it was just a Fanta sea.

I walked into a bar the other night and bought a drink. As I was leaving the bar, a bowl of nuts said "Ohh..nice shoes...love your hair". "Well", I thought, "that's odd!" So I walked to the cigarette machine and it starts shouting..."Oi...f@#k off you dickhead! I'll smash your face in!"

I went back to the bar to ask the bar tender what was going on and he said "Oh, sorry sir.... the nuts are complimentary and the cigarette machine's out of order."

My wife has packed her bags and gone - just because of my fetish with touching pasta.
          I'm feeling cannelloni right now.

I shot someone with a starting gun. I've been charged with race crimes.

Q: "Can you do an impression of a Parrot?" asked my mate.
          A: "Can you do an impression of a Parrot?" I replied.

I changed my iPod's name to Titanic. It's syncing now.

I know a guy who's addicted to brake fluid. He says he can stop any time.

When chemists die, they barium.

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

How does Moses make his tea? Hebrews it.

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I just can't put it down.

I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words.

They told me I had type-A blood, but it was a Type-O.

PMS jokes aren't funny — period.

We're going on a class trip to the Coca-Cola factory. I hope there's no pop quiz.

I didn't like my beard at first. Then it grew on me.

Did you hear about the cross-eyed teacher who lost her job because she couldn't control her pupils?

I tried to catch some fog, but I mist.

What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary? A thesaurus.

England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool.

I dropped out of communism class because of lousy Marx.

Velcro: what a rip off!
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,cool find Mick too bad it's not whole but still pretty awesome to have Lav,global warming is definitely real,just look all around everywhere,it's not only the deserts getting the extreme temps these days much love to all and have a,happy BF Monday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi everyone. Just hunting qn pecking, cause I still have casts on both wrists. It's getting very old Ful tilt Narco, and it's not helping

Missed you all.

Mick, they are fabulous finds!

Lav, thank you for your xupport.I didn't rece a pm from you. Sorry about the chickens. Must be in July thread.

Hi Pauly, Like reading your posts and I'm shocked Lou is ready for school.

:heartbeat:

Better go, too painful.

:hug:
              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

:hug:Skendall:hug:it's great to see you and I'm wishing you swift healing!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...hope the new landscaping helps with the fox problem. Will the new ultrasonic alarm only be heard by the foxes? Keep us posted.

Mick...nice find. Just as well it's not whole as you can't sell it anyways can you? Food prices just continue to go up regardless of the weather. Yes had a very quiet weekend, just looking at all the stuff I didn't do. Oh well, another 4 days and I'm off for 2 weeks, it can wait. Did you manage to stay dry while administering the meds? Are you giving meds to both of them? Bet you stayed out of the loft today, we're under a heat wave in the city again today. The low last night was 18C, that's what I'd like the high go be. LOL

Pauly...hope you had a good day. Totally agree about global warming, what a mess our children are going to have to clean up. "They're" saying southern Alberta could be the next new vineyards. That could be pushing it but it'd be nice not to have the -30's during the winter.

SK...good to see you back. You take it easy hunting & pecking, those wrists need time to heal.

Sam...hope you're trip is going good, safe travels home.

Stopped by the garden and got some veggies to throw on the BBQ if it cools down later. Have a restful evening all....:smile:PQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

YB finished laying the chicken wire & covered it all with a thick layer of mulch we had sitting around. The wire is stapled securely to the bottom rail of the fence so it should hold. I felt sorry for him sweating like crazy working out in this heat. I helped a little but not much, can't take this heat. I went out to inspect the work after dinner & found yet again another 5 ft. long black snake in the chicken house. It seems I can get absolutely no peace whatsoever this summer

Mick, that's a very cool find even if it is only half
                    I'm sure food prices wil be rising everywhere due to these awful growing conditions, sad. California has a new gigantic fire going on top of all the others, geez.

Pauly, I'm anxious to hear about Kell's 'interview'. I hope it was a for real thing for her.

SK, glad you found your way on the thread :welldone:
                    Keep on taking care of yourself & heal quickly.

PQ, I just heard a report that the west coast wineries are in big trouble since the radioactive water from Fukoshima has arrived. Maybe Alberta has a new big business op!

Hello to Sam & everyone.

Have a decent night!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all..how are we today then?hope all is well with you good folk,weather over here is good ,another sunny day ..its Amys birthday so her and Julie are out on the spend...I had an invite ,but unfortunately I couldnt go ,Im getting my hair done....ha ha

hiya SK...great to see you .even with hands in casts you type better than me ...get better soon....

hiya Lav how are you then? all good hopefully ,how are the snakes getting in ?any way you can snare them at all?there is only one problem ...not trying to clever...but mulch holds heat ,and it also gets damp ,so thats possibly a good "dossing "place for snakes etc ?found this article ...maye the individual comments might help .

Dealing with Black Snakes Around Your Home or Garden | Today's Homeowner

hiya ppqp ...4 days and you are off for a fortnight?good for you well done..are you doing anything going anywhere or just doss .com? No I only give Panda ,meds,thankfully ,Yes wasnt in the loft on the trains ..bit hot ,As far as the finds go yes i can sell them as long as they dont fall under the treasure act .Its just that I choose not to sell them ..yes we are in heatwave mode too....are the gardens suffering too?

hiya pauly ,how are you today ? how did the interview go with Kell?hopefully well ...

abig hiya to everyone else ...any thoughts on how to make the thread stand out folks?

The huge college freshman decided to try out for the football team.

"Can you tackle" asked the coach?

"Watch this" said the freshman and then proceeded to run smack into a telephone pole, shattering it to splinters.

"Wow" said the coach. "I'm impressed. Can you run"?

"Of course I can run" said the freshman. He was off like a shot, and, in just over nine seconds, he had run a hundred yard dash.

"Great" enthused the coach! "But can you pass a football"?

The freshman hesitated for a few seconds. "Well, sir" he said, "if I can swallow it, I can probably pass it".

While my wife was in the kitchen cooking breakfast, I suddenly heard a loud thud.

Running in, I found her dead on the floor.

In a blind frenzy, I had no idea what to do.

Then I remembered KFC do an all-day breakfast for $5.99. ..

Just rang a friend of mine from North Dakota, nea the Canadian border. He said that from very early this morning the snow has been nearly waist high and still falling. Temperature dropping way below zero and the bitterly cold northerly wind is increasing to very near gale force.

He reckons his wife has done nothing but look through the kitchen window and just stare. He says that if it gets any worse he may have to let her in.

...but they haven’t caught anything all day. Just then another fisherman walks by with a huge load of fish. They ask him "excuse me, but where did you get all those fish"?

The other fisherman replies, "If you just go down the stream until the water isn't salty, there are a ton of hungry fish".

Both mates thank him and go start to walk further up the stream.

Twenty minutes later, the first fisherman says to his mate "fill the bucket up with water and see if the water is salty".

Second mate dips the bucket in the stream and drinks some and says "Nope. Still salty".

Thirty minutes later the first mate asks his mate to check again.

Second mate says "Nope, still salty".

An hour later first mate asks to check again.

Second mate says "Nope. Still salty".

First mate says "I don't understand this at all, we have been walking for almost two hours, and the water is still salty"!

Second mate says "I know, I can't understand it either and the bucket is almost empty"!

Strictly for Adults Only:

Scroll down to see Nude Santa

For crying out loud. Act your age. There is no Santa!

I've put something aside for a rainy day. It's an umbrella.

Q: Which one of our natural resources will become exhausted first?
                      A: The Taxpayer.

I've written books on advertising – cheque books.

I am having an out of money experience.

It is easier to rob by setting up a bank than by holding up a bank

Financial markets have a very safe way of predicting the future. They cause it.

For some time I've been speculating on commodities: heavily buying into both the Coffee and Chocolate markets.

It's unfortunate we can't buy many business executives for what they are worth and sell them for what they think they are worth.

The same people who laugh at fortune tellers take economists seriously.

My bank lets me send a text message and it'll text back with my balance. It's a cool feature but I didn't think the LOL was necessary.

True wealth is not comparing yourself to others, but enjoying what you have. Especially when you have more than everyone else.

Whenever I go near a bank I get withdrawal symptoms.

A consultant is someone who takes the watch off your wrist and tells you the time.

If at first you don't succeed: try management.

They have two tellers in my bank, except when it's busy they have one.

By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends.

If you think nobody cares whether you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

Economics is the only profession where you can gain great eminence without ever being right.

I wish the buck stopped here. I could use a few.

Comment

Mae everybody and happy birthday to Amy Mick Kell's interview was just one of those"we're not hiring now but taking applications" I hate when they do that,she's not really worried about it tho cuz she's been looking to go back to school,I told her now is a good time cuz even tho this job sucks at least the hours are flexible,we'll see,Lav,those snakes give me the creeps! Are they poisonous? I'm not so scared of snakes anymore cuz I held Brady's when he had them but there's something intimidating about those black ones PQ,what will you do with your time off? Wonder how Det is doing? Off to start the day,much love to all and wishes for a grand BF Tuesday!

Comment

MAE ALL...well Mick & Pauly so far.

Lav...will the motion detector pickup the snakes? Will you be able to tell if it's gone off? Hope it helps with the foxes. Hadn't heard about the radioactive water from Fukoshima but that makes sense. Just what we need, wineries and cannabis shops in Alberta!

Mick...your heatwave is visiting Western Canada, we're supposed to be close to 40C by Friday. I tried to get my hair cut yesterday but they were closed. How dare they take a stat holiday. LOL Hope Amy had a fun time shopping. The Treasure Act, I knew there was something so I take it back, wished you had found a complete one. Yup, the gardens are getting fried. So glad we got the new irrigation system in. Going to spend a bit of the time in northern Saskatchewan visiting my sister. She lives just outside the town of Christopher Lake.

Pauly...hope Kell didn't have to go too far just to get we're not hiring but taking applications. I agree the timing might be right for her to go back to school. Other than visiting with my sister I don't have any definite plans. Lots of family and friends in town I've been neglecting so will get caught up with them all.

Sam...you back among us yet?

New building super started today. So far it looks like he'll work out fine. Good timing for my holidays as I won't have to do the training.
                          Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

We had a wildlife free day today - YAY!!!
                            Can't wait to see what pops up tomorrow.
                            Still extremely hot & humid here too. This is the kind of weather that melts me down in approx. 2 minutes leaving me with a borderline headache, ugh. Thundering outside now so I hope conditions improve a bit.

Mick, thanks for the article. Just like it says when you have black snakes you don't have any rodent issues. I think they spend time under the chicken house searching for mice.
                            The reason for the black plastic, chicken wire & mulch around the border of the yard is to keep the weed overgrowth down where the foxes seem to like to hide out. Hopefully this will force them to go look for a better place to live, ha ha!
                            Take it easy out in the hot weather, it's rough on those of us of a certain age. Happy birthday to Amy

Pauly, sorry Kell's interview didn't pan out.
                            What is she thinking about studying?

PQ, we notified the neighbors about the red light they may see outside of the chicken yard fence so they don't have to call the state troopers or anything, haha!
                            I'm jealous of your nice long break from work - sounds perfect

Hello to SK - hope you are feeling better.

Hello to Sam & Det & anyone else who may be lurking.

Have a nice night everyone!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya folks ...busy day today ,new hutch is coming so changing everything over and got to build it ..will put pics up after ..

Comment

Working...
                              X