Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 16th

mae all back in uk off to pick the rabbits up now be back later
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: w/c 16th

Mick...glad you're back safe and sound. Having issues getting onto the site, seems you have to pick your times. Will pop in later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,me too PQ welcome home Mick
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello Abbers,

The site does seem to be running a bit slow today but I'm here
        Next two days are supposed to be damp - storm related rain.

Mick, glad you got home safely.
        Thanks again for sharing your vacay with us!

PQ, hope your day was good.

Pauly, hope your day was good too.

Det, so you are now into solar sales? Did I get that right?
        I would love to have solar everything here but that's probably not going to happen in my lifetime, ha ha!
        Yep, I will be having blood drawn this week to look for allergen/antibody/inflammation markers. I very well may be developing an autoimmune situation since my mom did the same at this age. The actual allergy testing with the skin patches has to wait 30 days.
        I hope the enchiladas were marvelous

Hello to SK, Cyn, Pie (where are you) & Sam.
        Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Tried posting again earlier today and it wouldn't take. Finally gave up. Being someone who also maintains a website I feel MWO's pain. I'm glad many are able to subscribe and support this site and hopefully soon I'll be one of them. The site may have issues at times, story of my life lol, but not giving up.

Lav...I did have a good day. We reworked the budget, got caught up on bills and actually did some household chores. Anything to stay out of the freezing weather!

Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

mae all..well here we are a wet monday morning ,didnt take long to make that holiday a memory ..onwards and upwards ...well got the rabbits yesterday ,chuffed to see them ,and strangely enough Panda wasnt limping as muchso they are now home currently playing in the Hilton!Just ordered Pandas meds on line ,...its prescription meds ,what a palaver ...send prescription ,assign animal to meds ,send pic of her...but if Ibought that med from the vet it is £58.....buying the same on line is £22...ermm let me think about that one
            Im at physio in a wee while for another acupuncture sesh..really pleased withthe way it felt on holiday ..peed off that it has been a wrong diagnosis tho!
            anyway brew time

hiya ppqp..hows you then?managed to get on the computer?they are great but when they go wrong they are a pain ...Freezing weather eh?take it your nice weather is history too then?

hiya Sk ....hows you and the katz?hope things are ok for you ..how is the hand healing?

hiya Det ....well what are you up to ? solar??? I thought you were some kind of astronaut!!!how is life treating you?

hiya pauly ...ta for the welcome ome ...hope all is well with you ...

hiya Lav ...hows you today?brew here for you ..I was up at sparrows fart this morning doing a bit on the railway!! you know I was going to ask thesame ...where is everyone ...where have they gone ?its like thegang of 3 or 4 now! didI tell you Julie quit drinking too? this is week 9 for her ...she is finding it fairly easy apart from once ...grrrr doesnt it make you wanna heave!!! anyway have a lovely day

right ..short and sweet ...and so is this post ....but take care all..have a lovely day

My mate is the biggest Beatles fan in the world.
            He's got every single they made except one.
            I think he needs Help.

My girlfriend called me last night.

“I’m just sitting here watching soaps, I’ve got my face mask on, my hair in rollers and I’m painting my nails.”

She said, “I swear you’re a bender.”

My daughter told me she’s afraid of the dark

I told her, Wait till you start paying for electricity and you’ll be scared of the fcking light!

I went into a fancy dress hire shop and asked for a vampire outfit, the assistant came back with a full Man United kit.

I said “I think that you have misheard me love, I said that I want to look like a Count”

When I'm on holiday I text my Grandkids, "Just got in" when I wake up in the morning.

They think I'm one cool pensioner.

Just finished reading the fifth book in the "learning to count" trilogy.
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick glad you had a great time good on Julie for quitting the booze too,I don't think it's good for anybody's body anyways,I think all the reports on it being good for health was just an excuse for the researchers to drink haha! They're saying the opposite now anyways,much love to all four of us haha,have a great BF Monday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello and welcome home Mick. Mick, when Julie retires, do you think you'll live somewhere warm? Glad wabbits are doing well. I hired a handyman to put the condo up $50/hr, plus he hung some pics. It's about 7' tall an neither one has reached the top perch.

Arm is very slow in healing and b/c it's my go to hand I keep trying to use it.

Vivian was over yesterday while the man was still here and DD stayed too, then they both left and she said "whew, I thought they'd never leave" haha.

It is 90 deg here today.

Lav, how are you?

PPQ, snow?

Hi Pauly and Cyn.
                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

We’re beginning to get someof the rain from Florence here, not much yet. Not sure if it hit 80 today, so that’s good.
                  I ended meeting an old work friend for lunch today which was nice.
                  I still have some redness & blotching left on my neck & upper chest but it’s certainly nothing like it was, thank goodness. I have to try to get that blood work done tomorrow.

Mick, glad the bunnies are in good shape.
                  Julie is smart walking away from AL now, before any problems crop up. The latest research says none of us should be drinking, not ever. There is no safe amount to consume. I’m waiting for the beer, wine & booze makers to errupt with counter-research, lol
                  I am entertaing my grandsons for a few hours this evening, lucky me.

PQ, glad to hear you guys have worked things out with the bills & budgets. Hopefully everyone can sleep a little better
                  You can go ahead & send me that freezing weather anytime!!!! I am really anxious to freeze out all the allergens in my yard, geez.

Pauly, are you boy watching this week too?

SK, so happy to hear you got some time with Viv again, your daughter too. Sounds like Viv Is enjoying her special time with you.
                  I imagine your kittens will be learning to climb in the very near future.
                  How’s the skin on your previously casted arm looking? Continue healing :hug:

Det, what’s cookin with you?

Hello to the rest of the gang.
                  Thinking about you Sam, I think there may be flooding in your area?

Have a peaceful night everyone!
                  Lav
                  Last edited by Lavande; September 17, 2018, 06:57 PM.
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...I too am glad you're home safe and sound. I'm glad the peskies are good, playing in the Hilton LOL. What a rip off with the meds, everybody wants their piece of the pie. I do believe our nice weather is history, temps in the single digits but they've dropped the snow in the forecast. How'd the acupuncture go? Glad your back was good for you on holidays.

Pauly...wait for it, next week they'll change their minds again.

SK...was a little confused about the condo till you said neither one has reached the top perch. Ah, the cat condo! And it has pictures. LOL just kidding. Out of the mouths of babes, I like Viv.

Lav...will say howdy now as your post will probably appear when I submit this.

Another busy day and with all the programs starting up there are a lot of people in the building. One parent came up to me and said those painters didn't do a very good job with their signs. I said what painters and she said they're in the parking lot. Went out to find they blocked off the parking lot so they could repaint the lines. I said didn't Grant give you a time and they said yeah after 6. I said it's 4 o'clock! They said they finished their other job early. Told them I had 200 children in the building being picked up between now and 6 so you guys can just pack it up and come back. Geeze!

Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Happy Unhung Monday ABeroooskies!

Mick, I'm sure the bunnies were relieved to have you back and pampering them. bunbun chewed up another one of my
                      audio cables today. d-oh! what a little vandal that fuzzball.

Lav, my that reaction has taken it's time to heal. Glad you're at least getting some kind of a break from the heat. Still
                      smoking hot here by my standards. yepper, outside solar sales, which means literally outside walking around in the sun. ugh.
                      But I'm giving it the 'ol college try here as I keep one eye on the jobs market for the heck of it.

SK, I know the feeling... having your primary limb messed-up is the pits. We just get used to thinks subconsciously. Hang in there!

AL is most certainly not a performance enhancing drug. And for me? well, I'm just freaking thrilled to have a clear head
                      and steady hands.

PPQ, still the zoo ring-leader i see! nothing but fun it seems. Thankfully I've managed to keep things fairly simple here
                      lately and I really need that these days.

BBBQ'd some chicken tonight with garlic, rosemary, honey and lime juice. weird perhaps but most yummy.

been eating a TON of microgreens which is fantastic. Made a huge sunflower microgreen and whey protein smoothie
                      for breakfast. Actually it was 1/2 sunflower and 1/2 pea shoots. I keep changing it up for fun! and I'm dialing-in my recipe
                      for pea shoots pesto which is 'da bomb'.

Mom is still in the hospital recovering from rather advanced diverticulitis. Calling her a few times per week to give support. Wish
                      FL wasn't so darn far away. Now to help her with the booze thing is next. This hospital stay is the first time she hasn't been able
                      to drink in many years and while thankfully the withdrawal wasn't bad, she'll return to her 18 beers per day habit without change.

Well, time to do some relaxification i dare say... couple TED talks sounds like a plan to me.

be well loves
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

good morning all,and how are we today then? we are currently getting the butt end of one of these storms ..Helene I think it is..It is pretty windy tho.Hasnt this year gone quick ...getting up now at dark o clock in the morning .Went to the back man yesterday ...another session of needles ,they dont hurt ..apart from 1 which goes into the nerve at the bottom of my back that kind of does!but I feel good ..I put on 3 lbs on holiday ..I can live with that ..
                        ok brew time ...

Det...respect my friend ...I admire your positivity ..you went thru some crap in life ,and moreso recently ..you are doing good mate it seems like you are on the right track at last ...fingers crossed for you .

hiya Pauly ,how are you then today?all good I hope..Isnt it strange all the the things that were allegedly life enhancing over the years ,have suddenly become bad ...ie smoking drinking diesel cars ,plastics the list goes on .There is a big campaign over here at the moment ....sober October ... the ad is all overthe telly ...fed up feeling rubbish ,hangover headache cant function dry mouth etc ?...then quit drinking for october ...have a sober october ..If that is how you feel why not quit altogether??? This campaign has been running since 2012 as has dry July..so thats 2months of the year the govt dont want you to drink...instead give the money to charity ....hmmm,,,does that mean then that the govt run charity commission dont give as much to charities? so what they lose in revenue from booze they claw back in charity subsidy?Never trust a politician!

ppqp ...Anew hat!!!!!!!! boss ,coordinator financier ,smoother of troubled waters andnow....traffic warden .!!!!!how much wages are you on?you will be able to retire by the time you are 40 (did you like that?)hope your day goes well....

hiya SK ...how are you then?90 degreez? wow ..Dont know what we will do when Julie retires ,years ago we thought about moving to Portugal,went there to have a look ,it rained ,the place was pretty rubbish ,the area moreso ,so we sacked that idea...at the moment we like travelling too much ..come the day god forbid when that isnt possible then we will need to review the situation.Where we are is nice ,if we could change the weather ,and be near the sea it would be magic ..I miss the sea, tho in the current climate not necessarily a good place to live by!you take care of yourself and those cats !

hiya Lav how are you then today?hows the allergy doing ..? Im still on the steroid cream ..dont know what this is about ...but I will give it another week.Already looking at Chrimbo hols ...a place called Amadores been there before nice weather and walks ..lets have a brew and start the day...

hiya everyone /anyone else ....take care ...

A police motorcycle patrolman was rushed to the hospital because he had an inflamed appendix.

The operation was successful and the suregeon advised him that all was well; however, the patrolman kept feeling something pulling at the hairs in his crotch.

He was alarmed and thought is may be a second surgery that the doctors hadn't told him about it. Finally he overcome his fear and decided to investigate. He pulled his hospital gown up to see the what was causing the irritation and making him feel so uncomfortable. He immediately saw the problem causing the irritation.

Taped firmly across his pubic hair and private parts were three wide strips of adhesive tape, the kind that doesn't come off easily -- if at all.

Written on the tape in large black letters was the sentence, 'Get well soon, from the nurse in the Jeep you pulled over last week'.

Kinda brings tears to your eyes doesn't it?

A new business was opening and one of the owner's friends wanted to send him flowers for the occasion. They arrived at the new business site and the owner read the card,....

"Rest in Peace".

The owner was angry and called the florist to complain.

After he had told the florist of the obvious mistake and how angry he was, the florist replied, "Sir, I'm really sorry for the mistake, but rather than getting angry, you should imagine this: somewhere, there is a funeral taking place today, and they have flowers with a note saying,... 'Congratulations on your new location'!

A man is in court. The Judges says,"on the 3rd August you are accused of killing your wife by beating her to death with a hammer, how do you plead"?

"Guilty", said the man in the dock.

At this point a man at the back of the court stood up and shouted "You dirty rat"! The Judge asked the man to site down and to refrain from making any noise.

The Judge continued "..... and that also on the 17th September you are accused of killing your son by beating him to death with a hammer, how do you plead?"

"Guilty", said the man in the dock. Again the same man at the back stood up and shouted even louder, "You dirty rotten stinking rat"!!

At this point the Judge called the man to the bench and said, "I have already asked you to be quiet, if you continue with these outbursts, I will have to charge you with contempt of court. I can understand your feelings, but what relationship have you to this man"?

He replied "He is my next door neighbor".

The Judge replied, "I can understand your feelings then, but you must refrain from any comments".

The man replied "NO, your Honor, you don't understand. Twice I have asked if I could borrow a hammer, and BOTH TIMES he said he didn't have one"!!!

Paddy had long heard the stories of an amazing family tradition.

It seems that his father, grandfather and great-grandfather had all been able to walk on water on their 18th birthday. On that special day, they'd each walked across the lake to the pub on the far side for their first legal drink.

So when Paddy's, 18th birthday came 'round, he and his pal Mick, took a boat out to the middle of the lake, Paddy, stepped out of the boat ...and nearly drowned! Mick just barely managed to pull him to safety.

Furious and confused, Paddy, went to see his grandmother.

'Grandma,' he asked, "Tis me 18th birthday, so why can't I walk 'cross the lake like me father, his father, and his father before him"?

Granny looked deeply into Paddy's, troubled brown eyes and said, "Because ye father, ye grandfather and ye great-grandfather were all born in December, when the lake is frozen, and ye were born in August, ya fookin idiot"!

Harry met up with his close friend Chuck and told Chuck that he had just met the girl of his dreams. He asked Chuck for advise on how he should proceed!

The wise and experienced man of the world, Chuck said, "Well, send her roses, and on the name card invite her for a home-cooked meal".

Harry liked the idea, so he followed Chuck's advice and invited the woman.

Next day after the dinner Chuck called Harry and asked him how did the home-cooked dinner go.

Harry cried, "It waa a complete flop".

Chuck asked, "Why? Didn't the girl come to your house"?

Harry replied, "She came, but she refused to cook and left angrily"!

Little Johnny had to take care of his baby sister while his mum and dad went shopping. To pass the time he decided to go fishing and reluctantly took his little sister along.

"I'll never do that again", Little Johnny said to his mum, "I didn't catch a thing"!

His mum said "Oh, next time I'm sure your little sister will be quiet and not frighten the fish away".

Little Johnny said, "It wasn't that. She ate all the fxxxing bait".

Comment

MAE ALL...the site seems to be back to it's normal self, well done administrators.

Lav...didn't realize the rash had spread that much! Hope you can get it sorted soon.

Det...glad you popped in and that you're keeping things fairly simple. Sorry to hear about your Mom, maybe this could be a turning point?

Mick...I can get used to getting up at dark o clock, it's leaving work at dark o clock that sucks. Hopefully that'll hold off for awhile. Only 3lbs! Must have been all those hikes you went on, well done. Freedom 40! LOL Chrimbo holi talk already! You just got home. Seems to me you're doing retirement right.

Will be checking out Kijiji later, need a new hat rack. Have a good one all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,love the jokes amazing how much I missed them Det ,I didn't know your mom had a problem with al,,how old is she? PQ,that sux about the painters still feeling like crap here but will get thru,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Tuesday!

Comment

Hello everyone.

Mick, you live a charmed life so I understand you wanting to stay. I, too, love the ocean. I was showing Viv the ocean life on Blue Planet, she was intrigued. That was while her mother was here and when she left Viv flipped to Annoying Orange.:welldone:

Det, I made a similar dish from Pierre Franey. friend of Jacques Pepin. I always thought Franey had an appropriate death for a chef. I think he was in his 80's and was sailing home on QE 2, after a delicious lunch followed by his favourite triple cream brie. He died peacefully in his sleep.

Pauly, get well soon.

Lav, I didn't realize the rash had spread so far either.

PPQ. if I didn't mention it before, good job on being the traffic warden!

Well, the cats have played in their hotel and unfortunately it's a launching pad to the kitchen counters. Today, they want to cuddle with me then walk over the keyboard. They cut the audio, took me to DOS and the 500% zoom remains despite me changing it every day. Their nighttime antics and crashing have knocked down framed pictures, vases, etc. Time to remove the Royal Doulton, etc. This a.m. Misty jumped on top of the couch and realized if she pawed the pictures enough they would move. I have a water feeder that puts water into their dish when it's empty and it's upended every morning.

Last night they were both on the bed, lying down and misty was licking Herm's face, and I thought to myself, this what I hoped for, and at that moment Misty bit Herm's ear and ran away!

It's never dull around here, but I still miss Peggy, and I think I will for some time.
                              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                              X