23ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

23ed

afternoon ....lcouldnt get on this morning for some strange reason ,just thought I wouyld try now ...successbit busy tho ...shops shut at 4 ..it 1.30 now.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 23ed

Mae everybody,just wishing everyone a happy Sunday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello all -
      I just read back on yesterday's posts, thank all for the greetings.

Mick, I missed where you talked about being dizzy - watch out for yourself and take care!

PPQ - hmmmm, wintery where you are, huh? I am good with the cold, but not so much with grey skies... we need to see some sun around here soon - so do you!

Det - what's cookin?

Pauly, I love "the old hags"... seriously funny.

Hello also to anyone I missed-

Yep, there I was in my mask in the basement, most of the day yesterday, also taking things to the dump -2 visits, thank good news I have a Jetta wagon that can haul a lot. I also did some vacuuming up of spores from the upper area of the house (first sprayed with mold be gone) where there was high humidity for long enough to cause some weird fuzz on the floors under the beds, and the hide-a-bed mattress is toast. I would love to take a video of me in my mask and headscarf wresting with mattresses and beds and bed platforms. Pretty hysterical, but when I get a plan in my head I can be kinda stubborn. That gives me extra strength! The end of the night I finally went through the 6 large boxes that I mailed to myself when I cleared my mother's apartment in 2014. Whew, that was emotional... generations of 'special' things. I ended the evening by reading letters sent to my mom from 3 guys (all in love with her, even though she was still in high school) during WWII. What a testament to a time in history.

Wishing all a good Sunday night and a wonderful week to come.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...I too had problems getting on this morning. Off shopping today? What's on the list?

Pauly...hope you had a happy Sunday. I have spent the weekend sleeping when I'm not coughing and sneezing. It does feel like I've turned the corner on this cold though.

Cyn...the best part of living in Calgary is the chinooks and the sun in the winter. Didn't see much of the sun this summer due to the smoke from BC so looking forward to it. You have been one busy lady. Glad to hear you're protecting yourself and a pic would been great. What a trip down memory lane you had.

I also hope we all have a good night and a wonderful week....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Rainy today but COOL, yay!!!
          It was a good excuse to just stay inside & catch up with a few things

Mick, man of few words today - hope your day was good!

Pauly, what's up with the gross FB posts? Gross, ha ha!!!

PQ, glad you are starting to feel better. Our news was showing snowy & icy scenes from Canada last night so naturally I thought of you

Cyn, sorry you have to deal with all that dampness, ugh. I'm still running the AC & dehumidifier here even though it's gotten cooler.
          I imagine those old letters of you Mom's must really be something. I still have some om my parent's stuff from that era too. What would they think about their country now if they knew what was gong on??

Det, how are you & what did you get up to this weekend?

Wishing everyone a peaceful night!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hiya all how are we today then? just got back from acupuncture..got to say I feel really good with my back ....shhhhh it amazes me how it could have got so wrong for all those years..still..As for the dizziness yes its still there ,but I know what it is ,its my blood pressure dropping too low...but I cant stop taking the tablets because of what happened previously ...I guess I need to go n see the quack.Yesterday was madsville ..it was supposed to be hammering down with rain ,what happened?? the sun came out ..we had decided thsat we werent going detecting because of the weather being bad ...ha!so I sanded down and polished a chest top that I had previously made a mess of ..got some guttering ..which is now fitted to the rabbit hutch..

ok then brew time ...

hiya Lav hows you then ? all good I hope ..you got our rain then eh? Ive got tons of tomatoes left ...aint a clue ..it has been a really good year for them...looking at holidays over xmas ...for the sake of 2 days it would cost an extra £600 ...robbin gits !!

hiya ppqpq ..hows you then ...all good?we were supposed to have a storm ended up with sun and this morning was frosty...Chinooks eh?great helicopters ...they named a wind after them..!hope you feeling better..

hiya Cyn ...howsyou then?good I hope ..wow thats some trip down memory lane for you..so is that the mask job finished now ? whilst youve still got it you might as well go and do a bank over!!have a great day.

hi pauly happy hagsville day yep youve the right eyed deer just ignore them!!!hope you are well..and have a great day..

20180924_080633.jpg

take care everyone

Last night I tried to think of ways to make my racing snail go faster and came up with the idea of taking it's shell off. To my dismay this only made it more sluggish !!!

Me: "Doctor, I've got really bad pins and needles."
            Doctor: "I think you're allergic to strawberries."

I was sitting drinking coffee in my slippers this morning, when I thought to myself...

I really need to wash some mugs.

My wife accused me of being a transvestite, I was so outraged .

I packed her things and left.

The missus told me she wanted decking for her birthday.
            Anyway, when she gets out of hospital, she’s divorcing me

Hey girls, don't you hate it when your ex makes you so mad that you want to key his car, but he doesn't drive, so all you can do is bend his bus pass.

I was so drunk night.
            When i got to the bottom of the stairs, i took off my coat, shoes, top, trousers and underwear.
            I crept upstairs very quietly....

It was only when i got to the top of the stairs, i realised i was on the bus!

I'm getting a lot of nuisance calls.

The most common one is, "You said you'd be home from the pub three hours ago."

The Odeon in my town was robbed last night of £754.

The thieves took some M&Ms , Doritos, a hand full of pick n mix and a large drink...
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick glad you're feeling a bit better,you too PQ Lav,I didn't post anything gross on fb? Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all, Mick, could it be vertigo?

Cyn, what a labor-intensive job that is.

Hi Pauly and Lav.

I got caught in one of those horrible thunderstorms yest. It was fine when I left, but as I was coming out the sky opened up. I had parked close to the walmart doors, and I was soaked to where my hair was dripping all the way nthru to my skin. It was a 45 second walk! Temps went down to 62, but back up today. Viv came over and showed me what she had done on Minecraft. Amazing. She will be an architect or engineer, I think.
                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...glad you got some cooler temps, it's about time. Just a skiff of snow the other day but Edmonton, just north of us, got whooped. Been pretty lucky so far with temps around normal tomorrow and then back to the cold, mixed precipitation. Hopefully the actual snow stays away for awhile.

Mick...I'm glad the acupuncture is working, you deserve a break. Yes it might be time for a quack checkup. Wouldn't you know it, cancel the detecting and the sun comes out. It's like me booking a garden meeting and it rains! And of course you kept yourself busy. Haahaa on the helicopter, here's your coat.

Pauly...I think Lav was being factitious about FB but not sure. Feeling much better, thanks. I don't think I sneezed once today. LOL

SK...that does sound like a downpour. 45 secs and you're soaked! I think you've got a winner with Viv!

For a not really busy day I feel exhausted. Going to be an early bedtime for me. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Got a chance to see my blood work results on line today & still have no conclusions as to what is going on with me. Everything tested was normal except for the inflammatory marker (CRP), that was elevated. Duh, I know I have inflammation but don't know where or how or anything. Oct 12 is when I go for the skin patch allergy testing, maybe then I will know more.

Mick, your yard looks just like Longwood Gardens, nice job

There's no controlling the weather, is there? I just looked at our rain gauge, we have already had over 6" of rain just this month! That's a whole lot more than we need.
                    There's nothing wrong with a nice cozy holiday at home!

Pauly - does 'Drop it like it's hot' sound familiar to you???? LOL

SK, sudden pop up thunder storms are annoying to say the least!
                    Funny that Viv is enjoying Minecraft so much. My grandsons were hooked on that until they discovered Fortnite. I don't like that one, all they do is shoot people

PQ, glad you are snow free...for now at least!
                    Glad your cold is coming to an end, hate those things.

Det, what's up with you?

Cyn, hello to you & I bet you are getting more rain too at this point.

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Late greetings ABerooonies!

just back from date #4 which was with a lovely Hispanic lady. I'm sorting-through Vegas pretty quickly LOL.

Treegirl, you must be sore after all that commotion in the house.

Lav, the shroom/walnut goodie sounds yummy to me!

I'm still doing BBQ's and salads and microgreens here. The red cabbage microgreens were really neat but the arugula
                      was amazing too... I can't pick favs as they are all so different and yummy.

Lav, you thought about increasing EV olive oil for it's anti-inflammatory properties? some more good clinical trials are favoring it.

weekend? just hanging with family, working on getting hulky at the gym LOL (hey, muscles grow annoyingly slowly anymore but they're
                      happening), got the water hooked up to this trailer I'm in and fixed a few things with water heater. Just bits of this and that.

big photoshoot for me tomorrow morn, excited for sure.

Me mum is supposed to be released from hospital tomorrow so that's great news. I've been chatting with her several times per week.
                      She hasn't said anything about wanting help with the booze so I'm just standing by if she does.

Mick, yard is looking spiffy as always. Hope you get some proper mental defecting weather soon. The treasure pics have been missed.

SK, you know more about minecraft than I do. Only heard about it in passing.

well, better get some sleep so I'm less braindead tomorrow for the shoot.

be well loves!
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

morning all...how are we then? hope all is well..back is still feeling good ..the sun is out again this morning ,but it is definitely an autumnal sun..Well success at last ...holiday booked ...its a a massive rip off ...we looked at holidays last night ,and saw one and thought we woyuld book it this moring ..7am ..it was gone... the hotels still have places ,but its the flights that go rapidly ..the airlines put out blocks of flights,and hold them off ..then they release another block and up the price!We got one off the TUI site this morning ,fly out xmas eve and return on new years eve ..We are going to Amadores..
                        right lets have a brew then ..

hiya Det ...date no 4 mate ...good for you enjoy life whilst you can ...one shot at it and all that ...

Hiya Lav ,how are you then?hope all is well with you..Julie went to the docs yesterday re the raised cholestoral..The doc is the expert in all this ..its his field of expertise ...He saw her results and you know what ...he laughed..he said the nimbers are meaning less it used to be 7 ..a number plucked out of the air then someone decided it should be lower,and then someone decided that was too high....all her other results are bang on ..his only recommendation ? have porridge for breakfast!So they have moved on from Minecraft to fortnite ..which is all shooty gunnies..whats wrong with society ffs ...We have a new sitcom starting ..."the road to Strangeways!" its a comedy about life in salford and going to Strangeways nick..It turns it into a big joke ....now bearing in mind its supposed to be all about re-integrating people back into society after offending ...etc..how does that work when they see this comedy show??? oh well...

hiya ppqp ..yep got the coat...suppose the one about Alberta being plain isnt good either ...how are you today then?hope all is well ..you still the boss atm ?

hiya sk ...hows you then? I dont have that problem with my hair...its very very short ....ie not there.. no it isnt vertigo ,its tablets (I think ) ...will see what da quack says......does the other girl that comes round do minecraft too? hope you have a nice day.

hiya Pauly how are you then today? all good I hope ,,have a great booze free day girl...

hi to everyone else ....take care ..

"What are you doing on that laptop?" asked my wife.
                        "How does Turkey this year sound," I smiled, "Me, you and the two kids, what do you say?"
                        "When?" she asked.
                        "Christmas time," I replied.
                        "It sounds amazing, but we can't afford it," she asked with a quiver in her voice.
                        "Yes we can," I replied, "Tesco are doing a big one for £12.99 if we pre-order it now."

Did you know that you can murder someone with socks?

It's true. It doesn't matter what they're wearing.

I posted a comment on facebook forum about our no1 favourite wild bird the robin .
                        I pointed out that really the robin shouldn't be only associated with christmas, as it was one of the few british birds to appear all year round, as it is non migratory.

I got 5000 likes and messages of thanks from women , for reminding them, they must get thier christmas shopping done ealier this year .

Three Italian nuns die and go to heaven.
                        At the Pearly Gates, they are met by St. Peter.
                        He says "Sisters, you all led such wonderful lives that I'm granting you six months to go back to earth and be anyone you want to be."

The first nun says, "I want to be Sophia Loren;" and *poof* she's gone.

The second says, "I want to be Madonna;" and *poof* she's gone.

The third says, "I want to be Sara Pipalini."

St. Peter looks perplexed. "Who?" he says.

"Sara Pipalini;" replies the nun.

St. Peter shakes his head and says; "I'm sorry, but that name just doesn't ring a bell."

The nun then takes a newspaper out of her habit and hands it to St. Peter.
                        He reads the paper and starts laughing.
                        He hands it back to her and says "No sister, the paper says it was the 'Sahara Pipeline' that was laid by 1,400 men in 6 months."

I just lost my job with the London Symphony Orchestra as an assistant to the Brass section.
                        It was good pay, conditions and I flew all over the world.
                        All I had to do was to clean the lead trumpet players trumpet and hold it until he needed it, make sure that I didn't make any noise and that it was clean and not interfered with.
                        But I blew it.

The Americans think they're clever because they put the first man on the moon.
                        We're the clever ones, us British...We knew there was fck all up there in the first place.

My dog sat watching the orchestra play, he was staring at the conductor and I could see what he was thinking ...

for fcks sake ..Just throw the fcking thing.”

Toasters are tanning beds for bread.

Went to a Michelin restaurant for dinner last night. The food was OK but the waiter was an odd looking dude. I could swear his suit looked liked it was made from tyres.

Did you ever wonder why there are no Democrats on Mount Rushmore?

Yeah, me neither.

Comment

anyone there????

Comment

MAE ALL...

well Mick at least.... We actually had a summer day today, 65 degrees and bright and sunny. I think mother nature is just teasing us as forecast is for rain starting tomorrow and snow by the weekend. You'd think flying xmas eve and new year's eve would be cheaper flights. Checked out Amadores, it looks great. Yup, still wearing the boss hat, think I'll take another week off when he gets back. Then I can start booking my current 3 weeks. LOL

Det...date #4! Wow when you put your mind to something there's no stopping you. Did your mom get out of the hospital? As far as the booze we both know there's nothing you can do except be there for her. It's got to be her decision to stop.

Even though it's BBQ weather I'm going with comfort food tonight. Mac & Cheese and a side salad. Explained that so you don't get confused Mick. Arthritis checkup tomorrow and dreading the drive. Every street in this city is under construction! Will have to plan on plenty of time. Hope we all have a peaceful night :smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends!

Still damp around these parts, yuck.
                              The National weather service just issued a tornado warning for part of NJ tonight. Wouldn't be surprised if we got a warning like that tomorrow since we're supposed to have some big storms roll thru. Who needs this nonsense???

Mick, that trip sounds nice. I guess I'm going to have to vacation virtually thru you from now on especially if I found out that sun exposure is partially causing my weird skin reactions. Bummer
                              I also think this cholesterol stuff has been driven by the pharmaceutical companies. Some of us just make more cholesterol than others, it's a genetic thing. We can choose healthier lifestyles to help control any damage to our arteries. Eating oatmeal which is high in fiber is a great idea & I eat lots of it too

Det, nice on the coffee dates
                              I do use olive oil but have started cooking more with avocado oil since it stays stable up to temps of 500+ degrees where olive oil does not. Good luck with the photo shoot!

PQ, glad you enjoyed a mild day, yay!
                              I hope your trip to the arthritis doc wasn't too bad. I just told YB I think he needs to see someone for his painful wrists. The two carpal tunnel surgeries he had a while back took care of the nerve numbness/tingling but now he has plain old OA to deal with & the OTCs are helping much.

SK, any more storms for you today?

Pauly, what's up?

Have a nice night everyone!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X