Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apatite- Newbie Alert

Hello!
    I am very new to MWA, but I certainly have experience as drinker, and well understand first hand the insanity of picking up a drink after 5 sober years and losing the life I built, swearing I would never do it again, only to repeat with 3 years, etc. My way out includes an active maintenance plan; participating in and receiving online social support along with getting some new tools in my toolbox. There are a lot of opportunities to drink out there, but there is a lot of livin' to get done, too!
    Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Apatite

Re: Apatite- Newbie Alert

Welcome Apatite!

You’ve come to a great place. Here you’ll find lots of folks who have relapsed after long periods of abstention. And no one is judgemental!

Why don’t you check out Cattleman’s Cafe. We have a great group of very supportive folks. And they’ve been a huge help to me when I’ve been tempted or have relapsed.

QW
    Last edited by Quit wining; September 29, 2018, 02:03 PM.
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, QW! I like to think that every day counts- they all matter whether won or lost. I'll certainly mosey on over to the cafe!

Comment

Welcome [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION]! I was sober for 9 years before blowing it for no reason at all, so I do understand your situation. It made me realize just how fragile our quits are, and that we always have to be vigilant. I've been AF for a little over a year now, and trust me, if I can do it, so can you!

Like [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], I'm a frequent flyer over at the Cattleman's café. All of the forums are very supportive, but that's where I post most often. [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] makes an awesome breakfast on Sunday Mornings, so come on over and sit down at the table....you'll like the company! :flip:

Comment

Welcome Apatite.

Good to see you taking back your precious life. Look forward to seeing you around friend. G
          Last edited by Guitarista; September 30, 2018, 02:44 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I to relapsed after 7 years of sobriety. I am now 2 months sober and so grateful to be done with drinking.
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Welcome Apatite

Good luck and best wishes to you- sounds like you have the bones of a good plan there!

Look forward to seeing you about

Comment

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION] [MENTION=9396]DriftyAlison0[/MENTION] @sweatpea29 Thanks for the welcome, it’s nice to be here, and be sober!

Comment

Hi, Apatite

Checking in - how's tricks? Are you still around?

No ticket to Boozeville on a Friday night - Mr. G said...

Pav

Comment

Hi Apatite, Welcome!

I've been fighting this battle since my original quit on 12/12/12. THAT'S INSANITY! I'm 20 days sober this go round and plan on staying that way.

Stick around and again, welcome!
                    The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Oh heck yes I'm still around [MENTION=20191]Pavati[/MENTION] ! And sober, too! No ticket to boozeville for me over here (I listen to the G man!) Thanks for checking in on me
                      Hi [MENTION=20472]Overit-still[/MENTION]- I so well understand the insanity. I first quit in 2006 (!!!) and I was in love with sobriety. But I underestimated the power of my problem. Glad to meet you and thanks for the welcome!

I'm doing well over here- I went through the process of telling my husband I was no longer drinking, and it wasn't the way I wanted to spend time together. I think he was happy that things are going back to "normal". For now, I've been contented with my choice and have centered my thoughts or gratitude and staying in the moment.
                      I've been reaching out to my friends and work contacts a bit more and have been filling up my evenings with a combination of reading frivoulous books, watching frivoulous TV, and generally getting in the way of my teen sons' lives. In short, I'm working on filling up the hole in my soul, and I think I might be doing ok! But even if I take the wrong turn, as long as I don't drink, I'm golden.

Comment

[MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION]
                        Lovely to see you working your way around the boards and participating every day. Its the way to do it. :happy2:
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi Apatite and welcome. I have been struggling after a long quit. I restarted drinking for no obvious reason other than stupidity. This is a great site for support. I keep coming back because I will get this straight! Good luck to you and look forward to getting to know you.

Comment

Working...
                          X