w/c 30th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 30th

mae all how are we doing? good I hope ..its sparrows fart oclock here ...just been out to see Jeeves..he was sleeping on the shelf that you see him standing on in the hutch ..he soon woke up when I gave him a couple of parsley biscuits..we are going to look at rescues this morning ...with an open mind ,but must say I am biased for Dutch and lops ..
    Pouring down with rain here..surprisingly enough ...got a great bid on e bay yesterday for my trains...The orient express coaches ..they are immaculate..little tables and lamps in them that actually light up ..individually they are £49.50 each ..there are 3 of them..I got the 3 brand new for £50 ..couldnt believe I was going to buy them anyway..a mere £100 saving...
    Julie is on day 73 no drink though she did say that if we ha had booze in when Panda died she would have caned it ..but we didnt ...and she didnt ...thats the difference between her and me ..in my time I would have got some..I have at least 3 litres of scotch in sealed Royal Doulton birds of Prey decanters .they would have got a bit of a dusting ..but it didnt bother me in the slightest thank goodness..
    hope you are all well will report back later ...xx

I gave up my seat to a blind person on the bus

That’s how I lost my job as a bus driver

I took a photo of a mouse today.

He didn’t say ‘cheese’, but I could tell he was thinking it.

SALVATION ARMY: Bang a big bass drum outside my house at 8:am on a Sunday morning if you want to get to heaven quicker.

I walked into a car showroom last night.

I said to the salesman, “My wife would like to talk to you about the Volkswagen Golf in the showroom window.”

He said, “We don’t have a Volkswagen Golf in the window.”

I said, “You fcking do now".

I told my wife I had got a puppy, she went mad,

"OK, " she said, "you feed it, you clean up after it, and you pay for it, we didn't plan for this. "

Anyway, about six months later she greeted me from work with the biggest smile on her face, " Darling, I'm pregnant, " she told me.

"OK, " I replied, "you feed it, you clean up after it, and you pay for it, we didn't plan for this. "

My dog has distemper.

He's always flying off dehandle.

A Glaswegian takes his girlfriend home for the first time and introduces her to his father. "This is Amanda"

His dad jumps up and shouts furiously "It's a fckin' what?!"

Paddy walks into his local pub one day to be greeted with a chorus of laughter and jeers. Stunned, he turns to one of the regulars and asks what's this all about.

Paddy you dirty git you left the curtains open yesterday and the whole street saw you and the missus ..... with your bare ass for all to see.

Paddy sneaks a little grin and takes a sup from his pint , then with a wink he says 'jokes on ye lads , I wasn't home yesterday

Breaking news on Brexit:

Theresa May says only highly skilled Russian assassins with be allowed into the country once the deal is signed.

"Man loses leg after ignoring shark warning!"...Bet he's kicking himself now!!
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: w/c 30th

Good evening all!

Mick, not sleeping huh? Sorry, I completely understand.
    Julie sounds like she has a great quit going. Time will tell I guess to see if she decides to keep it going.
    Going thru what we all did to quit simply keeps me quit. I never want to have to face that hell again & I know you don't either.

Nice day around here, cool-ish & no rain.
    The farmers are complaining bitterly about their ruined crops due to the excessive rainfall this summer. I really feel sorry for them & hope that next year is much improved.
    Went food shopping to stock up on the stuff I need to be eating this coming week. Changing eating habits at this age is a big pain but I want a happier gut & less overall inflammation.

Hello to PQ, Pauly, Det, SK & Cyn.
    I hope everyone has a decent night!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy Sunday ABerooos far and wide!

Mick, so glad you are an AF rock and didn't let this loss take you down a dark path. Life will test us from time to time, that's
      one constant we can rely upon for sure.

Well, last nights date/music concert was just wonderful and I'm still smiling about it. We got together early to get some street tacos
      and chatted like teenagers, then had a super time reliving our 80's music time together at the concert... I even tried to dance... oh my.
      I'm a tad sore today What a turnabout from my emotional state only a few months ago. Wow.

Lav, glad yer uphill from the turbulence. Yah, I have to be careful of grains myself. I don't eat a lot of starches but the ones I happen to
      be good with are sweet potato, regular potato and rice. Sugar is a serious no-go for me anymore I've found. If I eat icecream after dinner,
      the next morning I have terrible arthritis in my hands, which otherwise I simply never have.

SK, healed up well dear? I hope so

Treegirl, house progress? I'd like to think you'd catch a break on that for once eh?

PPQ, no snow report sounds good to me. It's still too hot here for my tastes but gradually cooling. Las night at the concert from
      about 9pm on it was fab.

I really need to haul my buttocks to the gym tomorrow... got busy this last week and neglected to go. bad boy.

Pauly, what fun have you gotten up to today?

homemade tamales here... oh my well I'm off to tidy up and find room in the trailer for my new clothes. I swear I buy a couple small
      items and have to reorganize my whole tiny world here.... it's kind of fun though being this organized for once.

Certainly no booze thoughts getting at me which is marvy. They peddle booze so much in this town but I see it as existing on a parallel but
      separate plane of existence from my happy place. My date doesn't drink either. My luck is looking up finally.

be well loves
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...had troubles getting on through out the day.

Mick...looking forward to hearing about your trip to the rescue this morning. With the number of rescues there are I'm sure you'll find the perfect match. Nice score on the Orient Express Coaches. Will need a pic of the inside especially with the lights on. Congrats to Julie on day 73 and to the both of you for not dusting off those decanters, not that there was any doubt. Although there was no snow it was bitterly cold out there today. We are under a special weather advisory for tomorrow with "winter like weather with heavy wet snow"!! Oh yay.

Lav...are farmers are going through the same thing. The insurance company expects an increase of claims. Just been a crummy growing season all around. Did I miss something with the diet changes? Is this a result of you allergy testing?

Pauly...Vegas in the news all day to day, unfortunately for the wrong reason. You doing ok?

Sam...been thinking of you and hope all is well.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Heya PPQ!

ok then, picture of moi as requested. Just a cell phone quicky demonstrating I am indeed alive, and trying to
          upgrade my fashion

Shared album - Xring007 - Google Photos
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

Det...looking good, this AF life sure agrees with you. Thanks for posting the pic.

Below freezing the rest of the week with snow event starting tonight. Not even thinking about tomorrow morning.

Shout out to the gang. Have a good one....:smile:PPQP

Comment

mae all ....well what a day yesterday ...went to see the rabbits,and saw one..we had high hopes, bit not to be..apparently the one we saw isn't a social rabbit ...lovely looking ,but not a risk Im going to take with Jeeves ..its about him after all..Going back tomorrow to look at a grey and white Dutch rabbit thats a possibility ...
              Been to physio this morning ...its feeling great..

ok brew time ...

Det look at you ...cleaned up well mate!!you certainly seem to have got your head round this drinking lark ...good for you ...all those years of thinking you couldnt do it ...

hiya Lav..how are you today then?Nah ..drink isnt even on my radar nowadays !!slept better last night too...Our crops have had problems too..it has been too dry and they have ripened without bulking out..so the money saved in the drying ovens .has been offset by the lesser price of the crop
              ..hope you have a good day,,

hya ppqp...how are you?the rabbits were lovely but ...no snow here either but is getting pretty cold ...think the little man will be having a hot water bottle tonight ....

wheres everyone else?
              Last edited by Mick; October 1, 2018, 11:32 AM.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hello friends,

Mick, I am SO sorry for your loss of Panda - I give you kudos for all your decisions; what a beautiful tribute to Panda to have funds go to help other animals. Good luck on the rescue front... Jeeves is certainly handsome!

PPQ - big snow already? Nooooo! I hope it doesn't materialize!

Det - what a wonderful existence/life/place you have crafted for yourself - congrats!! The date sounded like a lot of fun...

Pauly - one less hag, woo hoo! I hope Kell is fine and the whole thing is blowing over... how are you feeling these days - sleeping?

Lav - are you going grain -free? I have been for about a year, and most pain is gone. Since I am still not absorbing well, my Functional MD is putting me onto the whole new idea about lectins --- uuugh, there's some info that will blow you mind! Fruits, veggies, anything with seeds... BUT preparing them with an instapot or pressure cooker makes them "safe". "More info: The Plant Paradox). Good luck!

SK - how is the weather and are you steering clear of those dangerous acorns? How are the kitties behaving?

Thank you all for your support of my house situation. Contractor says house humidity and condensation are the culprits - thinks we may be candidates for a/c in the house -- that would be a game-changer -- my heart and head felt less heavy with that news. In the meantime, I took the 40th contractor bag to the dump on Saturday, saved some precious books by putting them in the sun (which appeared briefly) and am trying to keep the humidity of the house down with fans everywhere... I think I might just blow away! I hired a Mold inspector who comes Wednesday - that will tell me a lot. What a situation. Thanks again for the support. Off to get taxes ready to go to the accountant...

I just keep repeating Louise Hays' affirmation: all is well, everything is working out for my highest good, out of this situation only Good will come, and I am safe,

Oh, and Rabbit Rabbit to all! (Especially Mick)

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick good luck on the rabbit hunt I'm sure you'll find a proper new friend for Jeeves Det,looking lots better,yay! Lav,I feel like you barely eat anything as it is! Will be interesting to see what kind of things you can come up with,Cyn,what a great affirmation,I still and always will miss our thread great to see you posting! PQ,no snow,no snow,,,send it my way haha,much love to all and wishes for a wonderful BF Monday
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Another day with no rain, can you believe it???
                    It's warming up again though so the AC will stay on. I am just more comfortable in cooler weather, always have been.

Mick, picking the right friend for Jeeves is important so take your sweet time.
                    The only farmers who are not complaining about ruined crops around here are the Amish. There's something different about their farming methods. They will, just like the rest of us be spending more on hay bales & certain other things they depend on.

Det, that's a mighty fine pic, looking good buddy
                    You look good in blue!

PQ, I don't especially want snow just yet but I will take the cooler temps. Less sweating & better sleep are game changers for me, ha ha!
                    I hope your skies stay closed for now.
                    I am on a 30 day 'gut reset' program with special supplements. I have a feeling some of my weird symptoms (including all the skin inflammation) are due to small intestinal bacterial overgrowth SIBO. I told YB he can eat out if he doesn't like what I'm eating this month, ha ha!

Cyn, the last few years, due to excessive heat & humidity & allergens we have just kept the AC on until it's time to switch it over to heating. This system we have is really designed for it anyway. If I sleep with the windows open then the allergies just get worse. I hope you can get something like what we have to keep your house drier.
                    I am going gluten, grain & sugar, dairy free this month. And very low carb so I have to skip the beans, potatoes, peas, etc. You know that leaves a pretty small selection of foods for me since I'm not a big meat eater. Oh Boy, I will do my best. At the end of the month we are supposed to re-introduce foods, one at a time to see what we tolerate & what we don't - you know the routine.

Pauly, still hot out in the desert?
                    I saw the TV coverage of the one year anniversary of the mass shooting in LV - still sad.

SK, how are you & the kitties?

Wishing everyone a nice night.
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy Un Hung Monday ABerooodles!

Mick, best of luck on the rabbit socializing program. Glad the physio is good. Say you haven't been to the dentist in hours!
                      that's a good thing.

Lav, the diet reset/elimination thingy sounds great. You ok eating fish? soon as I can afford to I'd like to be getting more
                      seafood in the ol diet. In the meantime I'm a starving artist ok, not starving. After our date #2 Eva and i walked the
                      memorial here in Vegas that pays tribute of the victims of last years attack. I got that feeling in my stomach like when Dx and I
                      visited the memorials in DC. sigh... some things defy explanation.

PPQ, love to be getting some of that cold weather down here. Plans to make nice with the season and do some snow sledding
                      or something fun perhaps?

Pauly, you are right the 'faux hawk' is suiting my noggin pretty well so far. Having something approaching a hair style
                      is still a novelty to me!

Treegirl, I hope you are planning a little time off and relax a bit after all this house drama... yikes. righto on the lectins and
                      some of us really react strongly to them. I can eat beans if I soad them 24+ hours and then cook them very well. I still get
                      'honky' from them but that's the worst of it, and since I'm solo in the trailer... works out ok. a hem...

bidding you all a loverly zzzzzzzzzzz. Be well loves
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

good morning happy people ..how are you this morning then?all good I hope..well its pouring down with rain here.....and yep Im going out looking at rabbits this afternoon...so fingers crossed.....Wouldnt say Jeevves was spoiled las night ...food..Kale ,hay straw carrots parsley biscuits parsley ,banana ...a better choice of menu than I get !!..oh and it wascold so he got lots of straw,and a hot water bottle..

just doing a bit on the railway...lets have a brew ..

hiya Det ...oho....so weve moved on from the date to Eva eh?can I ask you something? tell me to mind my own business if you want ...but is Eva got an input into you not drinking?Yep troughing out on beans ...I reckon on your own in the trailer is a defo!!

hiya Lav ,and how are you today then?hope all is well with you ...yes the price of hay has trebled over here..I hope the introduction of foods is a success for you...Havent heard you mention the snakes recently ..has the weather had an affect on them?..

hiya Pauly ,hows you then today?hope you are well...no news of hag number2 getting on her broomstick?I would guss she is less hassle now she has less of an audience ...yep strangely enuff I like this fred too....

hiya ppqp....well did the snow land your way?.....it looks better in canadia than it does over here....hows work going? in the following order ...boss? co-ordinator ? financier ? general do everyfing?do you want some horizontal rain ..we ve got some spare here...

hiya tree ...thanks for your thoughts ,I hope things are ok with you ..so you have got the mold inspector coming next week? Im sure you will cope youre made in a stronger mould ...ok ok coat has been got ....yes the primary rabbit Im looking at today is a grey and white Jeeves .....Ill see if I can get some pics .....

right good people ..off to get showered and glad rags on ....take care and have a good day...

French singer and songwriter Charles Aznavour has died at 94 after a career lasting more than 80 years.....his neighbours at number 96 welcomed the peace and quiet from his endless attempts at fcking singing.

Tesco: 'Try Our New Handmade Sandwiches Today'.
                        As opposed to the other sandwiches which they made with their feet

JEREMY KYLE guests.
                        Pay for your own DNA tests by saving up all the money you get from the tooth fairy.

Fifteen years ago the internet was an escape from the real world.

Today the real world is the escape from the internet.

I used to smoke dope before going into class then make up a bullshit excuse before slumping down at my desk and hope nobody asked me anything.

I was the best teacher ever.

A woman, cranky because her husband was late coming home again, decided to leave a note saying,
                        "I've had enough and left you so don't bother coming after me." and hid under the bed to see his reaction.
                        After a short while the husband comes home and she could hear him in the kitchen before he comes into the bedroom.
                        She could see him walking towards the dresser and pick up the note.
                        After a few minutes he wrote something on it before picking up the phone and calling someone;
                        "She's finally gone……..yeah I know, about bloody time. I'm coming to pick you up so put on the sexy french sheet. I love you".
                        He hung up, grabbed his keys and left.
                        She heard the car drive off as she came out from under the bed, seething with rage and with tears in her eyes she grabbed the note to see what he wrote;
                        "I can see your feet. Stop being ridiculous. We’re outta bread. Put the coffee on.....back in 5".

"People who talk to cats are mentally disturbed"

Anyway that's what my dog said .

I said to my psychiatrist, "Am I going mad? I think I'm a piece of toast."

She said, "I don't think you're mad."

I said, "You're just trying to butter me up."

I went to the hairdressers and asked the barber if he could give me a haircut like tom cruise.

So he gave me a cushion to sit on.

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...yup the snow landed...5 inches overnight and at least another 5 throughout the day, so you keep the horizontal rain thank you very much.

snow.jpg

Sounds like Jeeves really did get spoiled last night. Good luck with the rabbit visit today.

Det...no plans on making nice with the snow today, it's Oct 2nd!

Lav...skies didn't stay closed last night! Wow, you're on quite the 'gut reset' don't know if I'd be able to handle that.

Pauly...thanks for trying to ward off the snow, better luck next time. Treacherous roads and we're under a snowfall warning.

Heading out to find the snow brush and clear off the car. Think I'll be needing extra time this morning. Have a Terrific Tuesday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,PQ,sorry it didn't work supposed to rain here today but the weather guy always lies!Mick,yep it's quieter at work so thats a good thing,I like the talking to your cats joke cuz Winslow and I speak all the time as you know Det,I tried to ignore yesterday,too sad but i am glad the news didn't keep blaring the shooter's name/photo yesterday cuz that guy is best forgotten,it's focus was on the victims so that was good,don't be blowing the windows outta your trailer ok? Haha,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Tuesday!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi everyone. Sorry I've been absent, too depressed to get outofbed, I do

get out but I accomplish little

Det, soaking the beans overnight is the popular way, but I was making Jacque's cassoulet onetime and he said ti boil them for 45 min to reuce the honkiness. You are a fine-looking man, my friend.

Lv, still wet around your place. That's a restritive diet, but let's see if it works out.

Mick, tough desision with the rabbit. I hope they get along.

Hi Pauly, Treegirl and anyone I missed.

I am sick to death of this Kavanaugh business and Trump too.
                              Last edited by SKendall; October 2, 2018, 05:42 PM.
                              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                              X