One Step at a Time - October 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - October 2018

Welcome to October. Let's make it a good one. Remember to take care of you first. :heartbeat:

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Re: One Step at a Time - October 2018

Happy October.
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy October!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy sober October all.

Comment

NOra, thanks for starting us! I love this months SELECTION.
          Happy Monday everyone! Can't believe it's October already. One of Marks friends stopped by tonight with her new puppy. It's an Australian sheep dog. He is so cute. He barks feriously at strangers so they are trying to get him used to people. Their little visit made my day! They have their hands full with him, little cutie.
          What's everyone up to today? Have a great AF night

Comment

Hello everyone.

Liz - how fun to have a visit from Mark's friend. The dog sounds so cute. I'm glad that you liked the selection - I liked the little suggestions and it even included one step at a time. I liked that.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
              Hi, Steppers. I like the self-care ideas you encourage here. I read something the other day on the topic that keeps coming to mind, affecting my choices - “True self care is creating a life you don’t feel the need to escape”. We all should make our life as gentle and supportive as possible, given whatever resources we have available. To me, the world is tough, mean, and scary right now so I’m trying to give myself and others a break whenever I can. Let’s all take good care of ourselves and one another. xx
              I love this, [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]. Thank you. I think that is so true.....“True self care is creating a life you don’t feel the need to escape”. I feel like I'm making progress in some ways but certainly not there yet. And I agree that the world is a very scary place right now.
              Last edited by NoraC; October 1, 2018, 08:45 PM.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                I am doing well. Still in immunotherapy and making positive progress. My friend did exceptionally well in The Nautical Tri in Malibu mid month. A personal best. My coaching paid off. Thanks for asking, Liz. I must say, Nora and all the Steppers are wonderful. I love dropping in when I can. XOXO
                [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] - So glad to hear that you are making positive progress. And Congratulation Coach. That is fantastic! :woohoo2:
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy October, Steppers XOXO
                  “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good Morning and Happy October,
                    [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]...thank you for the lovely kick off to the month! LOVE IT.
                    [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]-thank you for posting about how self-care is creating a life where we don't feel the need to escape.
                    [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], you dear man and coach....congratulations on your friend placing well in the Malibu Tri!:sohappy: So glad the treatment is working well for you. You deserve to feel well!
                    [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-can you make your avatar move? Was it you or another MWO member from a long time ago who had the same avatar but it was jumping? It was so cool!!
                    [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]...that puppy sounds sooooo cute and fluffy!

Pauly-please tell me the pancakes at IHOP were just horrible and you're never going back. HAHAHA! Just kidding.

Well, today, my post is almost all about me. I am feeling sad about my mom and overwhelmed with work. Like Nora and Pauly, I am finding that I do not like going to work and I am resentful about the amount of paperwork I have to complete for each client. What bothers me the most is that every time I have a free day and I am committed to finishing my paperwork so that I am all caught up (I am so behind right now), something happens that causes me not to be able to complete those tasks. Friday was a perfect example....my mom ended up having emergency surgery and I had to go to her apartment and take care of her all weekend. I got nothing done, and I when I got back home late Sunday afternoon, I found that the mice were back and they raided my silverware drawer!! OMG! What next? With my mom, the sadness is coming from knowing how surgeries have taken so much out of her and I wonder how much longer she will be with us.

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], to be honest...I DO feel like escaping...not with AL...but I am hoping after I get my gel nails filled and get a pedicure this morning that it might help my mood. I am also going to exercise. I think we all need outlets or diversions...exercise, reading, binge watching Netflix, etc.

I'll be back tomorrow. I just need some space right now....I hope you guys understand. You are wonderful and thanks for being here!!!

Comment

[MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] :heartbeat: I totally understand. :hug:
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning friends,oh Rusty I just want to give you a huge hug! You sound overwhelmed I hope getting your nails done and your exercise help you to decompress some to me that's some excellent self care,try to enjoy it I like going to work now,,the main person who made it hell up there got fired last week,,I finally got fed up and took it upon myself to talk to the owner,we're pretty close cuz I've been with him since opening day,I just basically told him everything that was buggin me and not only me and that was it,so now we're all basically happy,dancing maniacally,hairstylists haha! much love to all enjoy your days (especially you Rusty) back later
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly - that makes me so happy for you. Dance away.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], I'm so sorry! You never make it about you, so I know how bad things must be right now. I totally understand. Can you cut back on some clients? Not much I can add about your mom, but enjoy as much time with her as you can. It's hard to watch the decline, but I hold those last few weeks with my dad close to my heart and while I miss him and am sorry he was suffering I'm so glad for that time together. Just know I'm here and if you need to talk just give me a call. I understand the space too, whatever you need to do.

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], thanks for stopping in again. I'm glad for some positive news.

I'm feeling a bit melancholy today too. Went to B.J.s and that's where Lucy's vet is. I lost it in the car. Crying is healing.

Hope you're all enjoying your Tuesday..

Comment

[MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]y, how wonderful that you're happy at work! That's like, huge!

Comment

Working...
                              X