7th octomber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7th octomber

mae all ..tis the wabbit whisperer !!another hectic morning with them ...a real frost last night ...so they both thad hot water bottles and plenty of straw and hay..Unlocked them this morning ,Bonnie just wanted to eat ,so I fed her and let Jeeves have the run of the garden..then divided the garden and let the 2 of them out ..Iwas watching them from theconservatory ,and nipped to the toilet ...by the time I got back...no Bonnie in sight ..I found her sitting in the garden on the wall under the camellia bush..so she had got into the border..couldnt work out how ..but smelled a familiar smell from her but couldnt place it ...then the penny dropped ...nasturtiums...now the only place there are nast..is on the side of the garden where Jeeves was ..she I think had gone over the dividing fence ...stood on the stone at the bttom corner and broken the stick holding the border fence up..thats the only explanation ..

hiya Lav ....glad you slept better ..yep your politics are pretty poor too..Ours are too but at least they are funny ..not ...Corbyn the terrorist lover ..or Theresa May dancing like on of Gerry Anderson puppets at a summit conference to Abba tunes..Rabbits are doing well...the temptation is to house them together sooner than you should ..there is a prcess and once your gut tells you that all parts have been met then ok try it ..

hiya pauly hows you then today hope you are well...

ppqp ...holiday weekennd hope you are enjoying it .

hiya det you ok mate ?keep up the piccy action .

hiya treegirl and sk ..hope you are both ok ,and not being "plagued" by lifes shortcomings ..

short and sweet ...similar to this post take care all..

Paddy read that you could increase the value of your house by knocking 2 rooms into 1.
    Now his living room is 15 foot high and he has one less bedroom.

"Victory for brexit Britain!" Proclaimed The Express today, regarding Unilever's choice to keep making marmite in the UK.

So investors have moved another £9 million abroad this year, but it's ok cause we are keeping our marmite factory.

"What you up to?"

"I'm just watching The X Factor, dad"

What a way to find out your son will never make it to University.

I'm sat reeling in sadness at the clips and images of these poor dishevelled people.

Please give £3 a month so Man Utd can buy a new team.

As a painter, I’m proud to say some of my work is in the national gallery.

I did the skirting boards.

If you're here for the yodelling lesson, please form an orderly orderly orderly orderly queue.

The boss of Ryanair, Michael O'Leary, walks into a Dublin bar and orders a pint of Guinness. The Landlord says, "That'll be one €uro please Mr O'Leary." O'Leary replies, "You're a man after me own heart, do you know all the other bars around here charge five €uros for a pint of Guinness?" The Landlord responds, "I have to be honest Mr O'Leary I took a leaf out of your book, slashed the cost of everything and business is booming." O'Leary hands over one €uro with a smile, the Landlord asks, "Will you be wanting a glass with your Guinness sir ?"

I wonder if my Vets receptionist realises how many peoples passwords she knows?

Chinese Takeaway £24
    Petrol to pick it up £2
    Getting home and realising one of the useless gits have forgotten one of your containers
    Riceless.

The seven dwarfs always left early each morning to go to work in the mine. As always, Snow White stayed home doing her domestic chores.

As lunchtime approached, she would prepare their lunches and take them to the mine.

One day as she arrived at the mine with the lunches, she saw that there had been a terrible cave-in. Tearfully, and fearing the worst, Snow White began calling out, hoping against hope that the dwarfs had somehow survived.

"Hello. Hello!" she shouted. "Can anyone hear me? Hello!" For a long while, there was no answer. Losing hope, Snow White again shouted, "Hello! is anyone down there?"

Just as she was about to give up all hope, she heard a faint voice from deep within the mine, "VOTE for Trump !"

Snow White fell to her knees and prayed, Oh, thank you, God! At least Dopey is still alive!

Due to the water shortage in Ireland, Dublin Swimming Baths have announced that they are closing lanes 7 and 8.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 7th octomber

MAE ALL...

Mick...Wabbit Whisperer...:rotlf: yes enjoying the weekend, getting odds and sods accomplished. Sounds like Bonnie is going to be a handful and keep you on your toes. Bet every day for awhile will see you modifying the garden according to Bonnie. Where was Jeeves when you found Bonnie on the wall? Taking notes? LOL Going to be another nice day before the snow flies on Monday. Heading out to finish putting the garden to bed, pick up a few more groceries for Turkey dinner than vegging on the sofa while everything cooks.

Have a Super Sober Sunday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Quiet day around here but I am getting things finished up for the Harvest Fair on Saturday! Early forecast looks good, no rain which is nice since this is an outdoor event.

Mick, I think the bunnies are already starting to plot & plan behind your back, ha ha!
      As far as the political scene goes I can honestly say I have never felt hatred toward any politician until now. These people are nothing but a bunch of lying crackheads as far as I'm concerned. They have the power to do so much harm & for what???

PQ, Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours
      I hope the turkey is delicious!

Hello to Pauly, Det, SK, Cyn - hope you are all OK.

Have a nice night everyone!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy late Sunday ABeroooskies!

Mick, bunnies are clever things eh? our 'Bunbun' snuck into a kitchen cabinet when I was cooking and hid in there.
        I closed the door and thankfully heard him knocking over the olive oil a few minutes in.

Cooked for a birthday party this eve which was a lot of work but everyone had a stellar time. One of the families asked if I would
        make them a non-traditional Thanksgiving dinner at their house... seriously! so I agreed super nice folks from Columbia.

Got out to a new farmers market yesterday which was nice.

oh man, I'm super beat so I guess I'll pull the plug already. Will post more when brain will cooperate

gnight loves! zzzzzzzz
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

good morning all..how are we today then? all good I hope.Been for physio this morning ....This guy works wonders ...!!then came home an let the rabbits out ...I watched Bonnie clear the fence into the garden no problem...that wont happen again ..nor will jumping over the middle bit ....

20181008_094939.jpg

they seem to generally be getting on ok ,its early days yet tho ...

20181008_094238.jpg

20181006_182041.jpg

hiya Det hows you then ? all ok I hope ...It sounds like you are doing well my friend..yes rabbitz are pretty smart critturs ..cooking now as well eh ? you are moving up in the world eh?good luck to you ..

hiya Lav ...how did the harvest fair go then?hopefully it went well for you ...yes the rabbits are defgetting it together ...Im going to have my work cut out ..but thats all part of the enjoyment..

hiya ppqp...how are you today then?all prepped for the snow I hope ..its just windy and dull today thats the weather not me!!yes ..If they get their heads together Im snookered ..hope you had a good jolliday?

hiya pauly how are you the?likewise sk and tree...hope things are good with you ...wow ..where did everyone go? pie sam etc?...

ok friends be well..

This morning I made my hamster an extra strong espresso coffee and crushed some speed pills up in his food ...

I'm trying to prevent him from falling asleep at the wheel.

I made a rocking chair today.

It wasn't meant to rock, I'm just shit at woodwork.

I got touched inappropriately at work today by my boss

But it’s fine i’m self-employed.

I took my wife to the zoo today.

"What do we feed it?" They asked

Did you know that the flame of a candle smells like burning nasal hair?

On a recent visit to ireland i thought i would try a spot of fishing , i went into a sports shop, to buy a rod , The assistant asked of it was for fresh water or sea fishing, i didn;t know there was a difference, he went on to explain the the finer points. While i was there i also asked about a baseball bat, certainly now sir , would that be for a wedding or a funeral ?
          A man killed by a sea snake was 'living the dream,' his family have said.

Yeah, I get dreams like that if I eat cheese before bedtime.

I've just spent a week in Liverpool burgling ten houses.

It feels great to get my stuff back.

I took a girl on a picnic today, she brought along her 3 year old son, all the little sh.t did was complain he was cold. Eventually she asked if I would mind seeing if I could find something in my car to wrap around his head...

She didn't look too happy when I came back with a baseball bat.

I’m not saying Mick Jagger’s getting on a bit, but he’s bringing out a new single called Hey, You, Get Off Of My Lawn.

I've just returned from a wife swapping party

I got a carriage clock and a set of spanners for her

Two Irish couples decide to swap partners to spice up their sex lives.

Afterwards Paddy says to Mick "That was incredible, I wonder how the girls got on!"

I learned most of my best dance moves from watching Jeremy Kyle shows where the guy finds out he's not the father.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick bunnies look cute funny jokes haha,Lav,I've never seen such a corrupt government yet people STILL love Trump,unbelievable to me just wow! Det,you sound great hi PQ,off to get ready much love to all and wishes for a great BF Monday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello all -

Sorry to be away - what a week last week.

Mick, congrats on your Bonnie lass - glad to hear that she's getting everyone in line! My girl dog was the queen of our household. Hope the two are still getting on with each other.

PPQ , seriously 18 inches of snow?! So glad to hear that it melted, whew. Hope your holiday weekend was good. Your menu made me really hungry for our traditional Tgiving fare.

SK, dear girl, I am so sorry that you are suffering from the 'dark side of the moon'. I get it, especially with the political waves that keep crashing on our psychic shores... glad to hear that you are managing to get up and out a little more - that's key - keep putting one foot in front of another and talking to us here and to others... sending you light!

Lav, yep, that's the protocol,that I've been on for almost a year, and I can tell you that it seems to have brought some real healing, and I am now starting to add some things in - slowly. Eating out is hard, but I just got used to ordering 2 sides of veggies (carrots and sautéed greens) and clean protein. In a way, it is nice and simple. I have some great, simple veggie recipes as a result. What lo-fodmaps info are you using? Monash U? There is a lot of conflicting info out there. But I bet you will find yourself pain-free and sleeping better soon. Good luck!

Pauly, so great to see your posts every day (I just read back). I got a text pic from my nephew's family - they are already decorating for Halloween, they love it.

As I said, last week was hard: I am close to finally getting the moldy bits out of the house. Yes, had the mold guy here on Wednesday - I will speak to him today, and get a full report on Thursday. He took physical samples and air samples, so soon I will know what I am dealing with. I could not get the upstairs areas down below about 70% humidity (an invitation for more mold), so before HB came home for a visit this weekend, I ran to a town 45 minutes away to get a big-deal humidifier with a pump and hose (draining into the bathroom tub!) It's taken 4 days, but finally we are down to 45% in that part of the house. Sheesh. Worked out of town on Thus and Friday, stayed in NYC, came home Sat to do taxes, still at it yesterday, but think I am finally done. Sheesh. Now to get clients lined up for this week and get caught up in my writing/development job - behind on those due-dates, sheesh. Not doing so well quite yet on the Balance front, but I am determined.

Wishing all a great week to come - I will be in more regularly, promise.

"All the answers are before me, even if I cannot see them." Cheers.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...turkey was good and nice and easy thanks to Pauly's recipe. Hope you have good weather for the Harvest Fair, I think last year it was pouring?

Det...you have been one busy man. Putting your culinary and photography skills to good use and jumping into the dating game. Hope you had a good nights sleep.

Mick...Bonnie is definitely going to keep you on your toes. The yard looks great, they don't know how good they've got it. Snow has arrived again as predicted. Why does the weatherman have to right now? Hope we don't get too much and the cooler temps are easy to handle if the sun is shinning. We shall see.

Pauly...was wondering where you were going but of course everyone doesn't have today off. Hope you had a good day.

Tgirl...another person on a "gut cleanse". More power to both you and Lav. I love a traditional Turkey Dinner as long as I don't have to cook it. My compromise was delicious. You are one busy lady and as Mick would say, remember me time. Wishing you luck on getting that balance sorted soon.

There's a kitchen full of dishes calling my name so must get at it. Hope we all have a great Monday....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hi all. Happy thanksgiving ppq. How did you cook theTurkey, ala chef Pauly?

like lav, I am intensely concerned about the orange one. many years ago, tarrffs were chaos and fraudulent. Then regs were put in place and worked. Trump is now trying to mess with the tariffs regulations for his own gain. Also. the financial adviser (an oxymoron) for the three trillion dollar debt us Asked trump what his plans were, "we'll just print more money.!
                  the debaucle reminded me of the debasing of Anita Hill. People think she ratted Thomas out, but the FBI were questioning his colleagues and she replied honestly. He is now a self loathing judge.

Cyn, you seem to be gaining on the mold yay.

Vivian was over yesterday and Misty scratched her and she thought Misty didn't like her anymore.:egad: Anyway she wanted me to watch her wall climbing so dd took us and she reached the highest bell. The girl who worked there does it all the time, but couldn't manage it, She did it again and you could see her little legs shake after rapelling down, I snuck her some candy I had brought.

Mick, the rabbits are indeed a good looking couple.

Det, glad you are enjoying the rabbit. Remember, rabbts own you.

Pauly, hope you are doing okay.
                  I would write more but my wrist is throbbing.
                  Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Good evening friends,

I hope Thanksgiving day was good for you PQ
                    A lot of work for sure but I do enjoy seeing the happy faces.

Mick, your Bonnie girl looks like a hurdle jumper, ha ha! You will be needing a six foot high wall there pretty soon.
                    The Harvest Fair is not until this coming Saturday. Pray for a dry day considering there's another hurricane approaching FL right now. Who knows which way it will turn once it makes landfall.

Det, you could probably do very well opening a catering business ~ just sayin

Pauly, I hope your day went well.
                    I am so disgusted with the political scene. There's just not one right thing going on in DC these days.

SK, kids love the rock climbing walls. They take a little practice but they build strength & character, for sure.
                    I am in the midst of having an argument with my nephew on FB right now over the Kavanaugh thing. He's a hard nosed little twerp & nothing I can say will change his mind.
                    I have finally figured out what's wrong with Trump lovers - they are devoid of all empathy & fear losing their good old white boy privilege. Screw them

Cyn, I am feeling pretty good on this program so far. The supplements were a little harsh last week but I think I am adjusting to them. I think I've lost 4 lbs already, nice because I haven't been able to budge even 1 lb myself lately. I am preparing simple proteins & steaming veggies & having salads. No grains is hard for me because I love them.
                    I can still enjoy things like mushroom soup which I always make dairy free anyway - made a big pot this weekend.
                    Do you have a basement in your house? If you do maybe installing a floor drain would help. We did that in a few previous houses. Good luck with your ongoing project & hope you can catch up with work stuff too - phew!!!!

Have a nice night everyone!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning all..how are we today then? good I hope ..and the saga of the rabbit bonding continues...let them out this morning ...Jeeves first ..on one side then Bonnie on the other ..I then went into the kitchen to make a coffeee ...came out and thought ..Im sure I put one in each side ...She had jumped the dividing fence..and was happily in his hutch ..until he saw her ..they had a bit of a spat but nothing serious ..It is far too early to put them together ..soIm off to put a 1.2 metre fence in!!,and increase the height on the back fence..She loves getting cuddled but soon lets you know when she is bored ...

20181008_094453.jpg

ok quick brew...

hiya Lav,how are you then today? all well?Yes she is going to be a champion hurdler ...she never stops eating either she should be like the side if a house but she isnt ..I keep looking at your politics then ours,then Germanys ,then Russias ...jeez what a mess ..and of course China who put more people into retraining camps than enough ...we certainly have screwed this world up...

hiya Sk ...hows you then today?how is Misty?yes lets change the rules .print more money and everything will be hunky dory!...oh and yes ..definitely rabbits own you!!have a nice day.

hiya ppqp ....well so you have the snownow? oh no ..look after yourself..yes Ive def got my work cut out ..truth to tell I really enjoy them and the challenge...Im with you ..Ilike a turkey dinner ,better still in hot weather and someone making it for me ...like Xmas ...

hiya treegirl ...wow thats some issue with mould ...glad you are making some headway with it ...what caused it?will there be a recurrence of it all?I hope not ....you have a lovely day..

hi pauly ..how are you then ?glad you enjoyed the jokes ...hope you have a great day...

right off to re fence the garden ...see yall

I punch in where I want to go,
                      On my new car console.
                      It keeps directing me to the nearest fastfood drive through, bakery, or take away .

It must must be a fatnav .

I saw two women throwing some shapes to my rave music outside my house today, so I decided to go out and join them.

"Yes, yes, ladies," I said, shuffling my feet and waving my hands in the air, "you like a bit of techno?"

They both stopped and stared at me like I was some looney...

Turns out they were both deaf.

I wanted to buy a house, but I don't have £368,000. So instead I bought a £200 flight to Syria and walked back to the uk, so I could get one for free.

PENSIONERS: Be careful in the travel agents. 18-30 holidays are not the bedtimes.

Global warming is a worry to me .
                      One of the main greenhouse gases is methane from cattle and livestock .

If we cut the legs off cows, and put them on skateboards we would have lower emissions.

A GRU operative has been caught red-handed on his way to assassinate another Russian double-agent.
                      Porton Down has confirmed it is testing a confiscated Pret-a-Manger sandwich.

A tortoise got loose on the m25 the other day, motorists were shocked to see something moving faster than them.

Men with beards in 1918: "I'm going to the forest to chop some wood and hunt grizzly bears"

Men with beards in 2018:"I'm going to the local waitrose to get gluten free bread and soya milk"

A Paedophile, a sexist woman beating racist and Donald Trump were in a bar arguing with each other over who the most hated person in society must be.

Then Piers Morgan walked in.

In the forest a sad lonely looking turtle begins to climb slowly up a huge tree half way up it edges along a branch, sighs then jumps ...it falls smacking into the ground bouncing and tumbling across the forest floor.
                      recovering, and bruised he slowly climbs the tree again, jumps, and falls to the ground. The turtle tries again and again, while a couple of birds sitting on a branch watch his pathetic efforts.
                      Finally, the female bird turns to her mate. “Darling dont you think it’s time to tell him he’s adopted.”

"I've got a big package here with your name on it" is probably not the best way of telling your HR Director they've had a parcel delivered.

Comment

Hello all -

Thanks for all your good wishes, I appreciate the support!

Whew. Taxes "done and dusted" as our friend Sooty used to say.

After clients today, tonight I'll be able to work through some of the other backlogged projects - that will lift my spirits.

Must dash now, but wishing all well for a good day --

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,sounds like my guinea pig,he likes getting cuddled for a bit but hell sure let you know when he's over it haha,Cyn,don't even say the T word taxes are depressingo,hope you're well,shout out to the rest of the gang as PQ says back later,enjoy the day peeps
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Cloudy day but it remained cool-ish. I think we are due to get rain on Thursday via hurricane Michael - swell. Just so it dries out by Saturday for my outdoor event.
                            So, at 3:48 this morning the fire alarm system went off nearly causing me a heart attack
                            There was no fire, no smoke, nothing. We ran all over the house & garages looking for a cause but came up with nothing. It's not easy calling the alarm company & 911 at that time of morning (brain dead & heart pounding) telling them it's a false alarm & please do not send the fire department all the way down here. Geez!!!
                            I made YB get up on a ladder today & use a can of compressed air to blow the dust out of the sensors on the ceilings. I don't do ladder work, ha ha!!

Mick, Bonnie sounds like a stubborn girl - a bit like me, ha ha!! Good luck with the fencing.

Cyn, glad you seem to be catching up with things. Our accountant sets us up with quarterly estimated tax payments every year - spreads out the joy just a little. Glad you are up to date with that stuff too.

Pauly, how are the boys doing? Haven't heard much about them lately.
                            I am on schedule to meet my grandsons at their bus stop tomorrow & bring them here. I baked up a batch of turkey meatballs today & will throw together a pot of sauce for them tomorrow. Those kids love meatball sandwiches, pasta, anything like that.

I got word yesterday that my oldest grandson (will be 10 next month) just got all A's on his first report of 4th grade. I always knew he was smart but wow, I'm not going to be able to fool him much longer, LOL

Hello to PQ & SK.

Have a peaceful night everyone!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...didn't post this morning as it was early out to avoid all the idiots on the roads!

SK..."the orange one" :rotlf: Hadn't heard that one before, made my morning! Pauly put me onto boneless turkey breast done in the crock pot. This time I added carrots & potatoes, stove top stuffing and gravy. You could smell it cooking all day. Cheated and had Chocolate Cheese Cake for dessert. Hope your wrist has quit throbbing.

Lav...thanks, yes it was a lovely Thanksgiving, no muss no fuss. I'll have another word with Mother Nature about Saturday, it worked for Mick. LOL

Mick...that Bonnie has got some nerve, moving into Jeeves spot without permission. You might have to put a netting on the top side of her area to keep her in. Love the pic, she looks right at home. The city in their wisdom salted the roads Monday night in preparation for this morning's snow. All that accomplished was to have the snow on the roads thaw & then freeze. Then another layer of snow on top so nobody could see the ice. I think I may take a page out of your Xmas dinner plans especially since we get 2 weeks off. Warm weather and somebody else doing the cooking sounds ideal.

Tgirl...takes done! Good job. Done and dusted was a common saying in my family.

Pauly...hope you enjoyed your day.

Off to fix left overs, another reason for actually cooking. LOL Have a restful evening all....:smile:PPQP

X-Post Lav...thank god it was a false alarm, except now I'd be going crazy trying to figure out why it went off in the first place.
                              Last edited by porqoui; October 9, 2018, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X