14th of the month before November...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14th of the month before November...

morning all ..you wouldnt believe it ...its raining here ...ha ha ..no wind atm ...was supposed to be going detecting this morning ,but its wall to wall rain not much fun in that..will do a bit on the trains ...the rabbits can come out if it fairs off..so how are we all today then?hopefully well...

brew time ..

hiya SK...well done on making the fist!!I rember doing all that when I had a stroke ...squeezing a ball,making a fist picking up a pencil/pen then all the way down to a cocktail stick..keep at it ..there is no substitute for determination .a softie ? yep thats me ..its a side that was never really portrayed too much in my working day !!anyway you have a good day .

hiya Lav ,,hows you then ? I bet its sunny over there today!!well done on the fair ...and the prospective one at xmas ..so the grandson has the makings of a dodgy car salesman eh?ha ha ...have a good day...

hiya ppqp...hows you today then?hope all is well with you ....you had a quiet weekend?

hiya treegirl hows you then today..are you in the big city yet ? hope you have a good time ...

hi pauly how are you today then?got rid of the allergies ? my bougie has just got another purple leaf on it ..hope you have a lovely day..

right peeps ,lets have some jokes ...

2 things I hate
    1. Lists
    2. Irony
    3. Maths

A new study has found that dogs actually feel genuine love for their owners.
    Cats, however, keep a journal of just how much they hate you.

My friends keep accusing me of being hen-pecked. So, just to show them, I'm going to stay out until after 8pm tonight and buy them a round out of my pocket money.

A man prays to god and says "God you have existed since the begining of time ,what does a million years feel like to you?"
    God says "a million years to me feels like a minute "
    The man says "and wealth and money how much would say a million pounds be worth to you? "
    God says "like a penny to you!"
    Man says " God can I have a million pounds?"
    God says "in a minute"

Just watching a shifty looking geezer in the library searching intently through ths 'S' section of the dictionary hes stopped now.

I think hes upto something.

My mate leroy said "you should always quit while you're ahead"

Great bloke leroy , shit in the 100m .

I had a vasectomy because I didnt want any kids.
    But, when I got home, they were still there.

Give a man a fish & he'll eat all day ,
    give a man a pen
    and he'll probably draw a penis
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 14th of the month before November...

morning all ..you wouldnt believe it ...its raining here ...ha ha ..no wind atm ...was supposed to be going detecting this morning ,but its wall to wall rain not much fun in that..will do a bit on the trains ...the rabbits can come out if it fairs off..so how are we all today then?hopefully well...
    What the feck you looking for Mick - bombs ? :egad:
    Thought you'd be interested in this
    Wildfire unveils huge WWII 'EIRE' sign on Bray Head * TheJournal.ie

Yep - we were sitting here just minding our own business. The only army that went home for lunch. ( me Da used to say )
    Last edited by satz123; October 14, 2018, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick too bad about the rain and missing out on detecting but at least you're getting stuff done around the house,Lav,over two hundred bux in sales is great maybe the DIL is taking bipolar meds,I've heard they can cause weight gain who knows,glad the boys had fun and behaved,PQ,pulled pork in the crock pot for tonight,I've already put it in hi Satz much love to all and wishes for a super,sober Sunday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
        What the feck you looking for Mick - bombs ? :egad:
        Thought you'd be interested in this
        Wildfire unveils huge WWII 'EIRE' sign on Bray Head * TheJournal.ie

Yep - we were sitting here just minding our own business. The only army that went home for lunch. ( me Da used to say )
        hiya Satzy ...grand to see you pop in ...nah def not looking for bombs ,usually medieval or Roman ,but occasionally Viking .Thar Eire sign is pretty smart...not a bad number..going home for yer dinner...hows you then?hope things are ok ...
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...did it stop raining and the rabbits get a chance to come out? Train work is perfect for raining days. Having a quiet weekend, flurries most of the day yesterday and I'm still waiting for it to warm up today. Start of the rising temperatures so looking forward to the week coming up.

Satz...like Mick said, good to see you popping into the thread.

Pauly...hope your Sunday is going good, beef stew in the crock pot for me tonight.

Lav...at least you got half a dry day in. Good job on the money, little something extra for Xmas. Thanks for the fiber link, it's time for me to make some more changes. And thanks for the warning about taking it slow.

SK...sounds like your slowly mending, keep it up.

Waiting for it to warm up a little bit more and then will head over to the garden to put more stuff away and be ready for the next onslaught. Have a Super Sober Sunday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends,

Much cooler here, the way it should be this time of year, Lol
            Yes Mick, the sun was here today & was appreciated. I think my grandson has the genetic ability (from YB's side of the family) to be a real schmoozer, ha ha!!! A few years ago he actually said he wanted to be a Kia salesperson after they bought a new car, haha!!
            I hope you got some train work done today in lieu of detecting.

Pauly, my DIL is definitely on meds but she also makes poor food choices. My son does the cooking & when he's not there she goes for take-out & junk. That's another reason I am happy to cook for the kids. I hope your pork was good tonight.

Hi there satz!

PQ, I take it the snow has melted sufficiently to work outside? My poor flower gardens look like crap since I've been afraid to touch any plants...…
            You should notice yourself feeling better pretty quacking after upping your fiber intake. You will be showing kindness to you heart as well. We have to keep those coronary arteries open to keep living our awesome AF lives
            Hope your crockpot stew was good.

SK & Cyn, hello to both of you!

Have a nice night everyone!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy Sunday eve ABeroooos!

Mick, the bunnies get to play in the rain? I imagine they'd look pretty silly all drenched.

speaking of bunnies, Bunbun fancies himself a model now so I've been doing my diligence with a new
              genre of photography for me... bunny portraiture:

Shared album - Xring007 - Google Photos

had to put the camera right on the grass to get that angle. fun stuff.

Tree, that humidifier still chugging? glad to hear you don't have nasty zombi mold at least.
              doing anything to relax now?

Pauly, pot roast does sound good. i made the family a 'real' chinese stirfry tonight expecting we'd have leftovers
              but no... one of my cousins went for 3rds! was fab.

SK is making a fist... don't piss her off! great to hear dear.

made it to a new farmers market today and it was awesome... got all kinds of fun goodies including a local habanero hot sauce
              I'm loving. smokin' hot stuff too. Strawberries, a lovely Greek olive spread, and yes something very naughty... a loaf of real sourdough
              rare carbohydrate treat for moi.

sang karaoke with the family this eve and we rolled laughing... awesome. Being AF has no downside folks. nada zippo.

Lav, still have the kiddos over? glad they have you to cook for them at least sometimes.

Satz, good to see you.

PPQ, glad you'll be getting back into the garden. One of the things i've been doing at these farmers markets is trying to determine
              the viability of growing enough microgreens to sell on a small commercial scale. working on a new multi-shelf rack that will grow
              10 more trays at a time. Fun work, totally.

Time to wind down for an awesome sleep.

be well loves
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

mae all ...hows we all...well at the moment Im waiting for the guy to bring noo telly ...should be here just after 12 he said ..guess what ..the middle fence in the garden is down..they are getting on great guns ...thats apart from his hutch ..he aint impresses with that too much so for the present they can stay in separate hutches ..he is curious ,she is wary ,Already she is starting to change ,she doesnt come running or licking my hand as much ..Im going to see how it goes the rest of the week before I think of putting them together ...he says ...
                Det brill pic mate..I cant believe the change in you man ...its a new person well done ...oops heres the telly man ..he is going to show me how to work it? hope he aint busy ...ha ha ..

back after ..

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...what snow/ice lingering around should be gone today if not by tomorrow. Wednesday will see temps around 65F! Just in time to blow out all the irrigation and shut the systems down for winter. LOL

Det...Bunbun definitely could be a model. Great pic. Good luck with the commercial microgreens project, I think it's a great idea. You certainly have figured things out, fun work is no work at all. If I ever make it to Vegas again I'm inviting myself over to dinner!

Mick...middle fence in the garden is down! Wow, things are moving along just grand. You take notes while getting the tv instructions.

Heading out into the heat wave. Now all I have to do is figure out what to wear! Have a great day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hello Abbers-

Well, back home after a whirl, but nice to spend time with my guy. I found a deck of 50 walking tours in NYC, and as as we are close to Greenwich Village, on Sunday we braved the cold and walked and walked. So great to go off of the beaten path - we saw NYC's smallest 'house' a tiny brownstone about as wide as my outflung arms. At different times, Edna St.Vincent Millay, Cary Grant, and Margaret Mead all made their home there. Found cupcakes, great coffee and a fabulous book store. And, saw a remarkable film - I think the name is Solo - about a climber determined to scale El Capitan free-climbing (no ropes, sheer rock, 3000 + feet). Terrifying, but also quite an amazing film - and only 100 minutes, thank goodness, I could not have endured any more stress! All in all a good day, and now I am home and must get back to work and to figuring out how to heal this house and move forward.

Lav, great news about the fair! And grandson, lol. Pauly, what's cooking? Det, love the pic - the light coming through the ear is special. Mick, thx for the laughs - 2 things I hate... v. funny! A fist! Yay SK! You resist with that fist and claim your life right back. PQ, hope your sun and warmth arrives.

OK, enough, I must get going - the train ride lulled me into a fog - hope my cup of tea does its work...

Comment

Det, thatis one handsome bunny.

Having scroll problems, be back Chromebook does that sometimes.
                      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

tis me again ...well telly is installed ..and yep paid attention ..so I thought ..the guy set it all up ..I couldnt get it working ..phoned him up ..he is saying press this ,press this..and I thought where are they on the remote..I was using the wrong remote...oops ..never said owt ..as you do ..Yes the fences are down now and the back one has been heightened ..also ripped out a bit of track on the railway that I didnt like ..Panicked earlier ..I had been picking tomatoes ..and laid the bowl on the floor of the conservatory..Bonnie jumped into the bowl and started eating them..I knew something about them was poisonous ..so I chucked her out of them...checked tinternet toms are a sweet treat for rabbits, the leaves are poisonous ...phew!!!

right lets have some jokes ...

Kanye West has told Donald Trump he is going to redesign Air Force One to run on hydrogen.

He'd be better redesigning it to run on hot air, then him and The Donald could go anywhere.

Brighten up your next trip to the supermarket by seeking out a couple in their late-30s, who are being seriously hassled by their brood of kids. Then casually drop a pregnancy test kit into their trolley.

Stand well back, and enjoy a hilarious comedy show at the checkout.

My dad said "six feet of earth make all men equal "

Great bloke my dad , shit mountaineer

I have friends in high places.

An ounce of skunk tends to do that though.

Parachute for sale,as new,never opened!

Napoleon said, "England is a nation of shopkeepers".
                        I believe he would now say, "England is a nation of funeral plans and reclaiming PPI".

I ordered a book off Amazon the other day .
                        "How to have absolutely nothing to do with your neighbors"

Unfortunately I wasn't home when it got delivered.

That’s the last time I play ‘I Spy’ in the United Arab Emirates.

Write a story of a frog turning into a prince, and it is known as a fairy-tale.

Add a few hundred million years into the mix and it becomes the theory of evolution.

I just saw an advert for toilet cleaner that kills all known germs DEAD ...
                        Kills 99% of all germs.

Why?

I have no intention of eating my fcking dinner off it !

"Three injured after kangaroo attacks family"
                        If it's captured, will it be tried for assault by a kangaroo court?

Soa - Senior Online Abbreviations
                        ATD - At The Doctor's

BFF - Best Friend Farted

BTW - Bring The Wheelchair

BYOT - Bring Your Own Teeth

CBM - Covered By Medicare

CUATSC - See You At The Senior Center

DWI - Driving While Incontinent

FWB - Friend With Beta Blockers

FWIW - Forgot Where I Was

FYI - Found Your Insulin

GGPBL - Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low!

GHA - Got Heartburn Again

HGBM - Had Good Bowel Movement

IMHO - Is My Hearing-Aid On?

LMDO - Laughing My Dentures Out

LOL - Living On Lipitor

LWO - Lawrence Welk's On

OMMR - On My Massage Recliner

OMSG - Oh My! Sorry, Gas.

ROFL... CGU - Rolling On The Floor Laughing... And Can't Get Up

SGGP - Sorry, Gotta Go Poop

TTYL - Talk To You Louder

WAITT - Who Am I Talking To?

WTFA - Wet The Furniture Again

WTP - Where's The Prunes?

WWNO - Walker Wheels Need Oil

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...tis me again too...glad you paid attention to the instructions..."I was using the wrong remote" :rotlf: You reminded me of my neighbours out at the ranch. Fences are down, wow that's earlier than you were thinking, good job. I had no idea that tomatoes were poisonous to rabbits. You learn something new every day!

SK...when you got back from the scroll problems you posted on last week's thread so I copied it over for you. Hope you don't mind...

Hi all, I read something last night about what they put in cat food because I always focus on their nutrition and it tis disgusting. I used to cook Peggy's chicken, but it was too rich. Anyway they had carrots and cooked chicken tonight an lalctose free milk.

Someone mentioned turmeric this week with the cumerin, gaba, l-tyrosuine and l-theanine Something is working for me. But when you put thm all in at once, you don't know which. is helping but most of them

seems to b e in the amino acid powder available through MWO.

I have tried to use turmeric but it's just not for me.

Tgirl...sounds like you had a lovely time, I love places with lots of history. Hope you can heal the house and move forward quickly. We actually hit 63F today, not forecast but a nice surprise.

Having Fish & Chips tonight, just have to find some newspaper. LOL Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

We've had a few more light rain showers here but no big deal. Still cool & I am loving that
                            I ended up having to get the grandsons after school & bring them here long enough to do their homework & have some dinner. My son was on his way home this morning after a 36 hr shift & got word of a huge house fire going on nearby. So of course he went & got involved in that as well. Sadly, the homeowner & her several dogs were all lost in the fire. No sign of how it started yet but it's being investigated. I imagine some folks around here are turning on their heaters for the first time this season. Maybe something there?

Mick, I hope your new TV is awesome
                            Are you going to let the bunnies inside to watch it too? Ha ha!
                            The wild bunnies around here seem just fine & they eat tomatoes every chance they get. So do the ground hogs & other beasts that wander freely.

Cyn, glad you had such a good trip to NYC.
                            I love to just wander & find things on my own too, fun.

PQ, glad your melting is on schedule, LOL
                            At least it will be nice to start with a clean slate the next time snow makes an appearance, right?

SK, just glad you are feeling better, regardless of what supplement is responsible. I think taking better care of ourselves overall really helps too
                            Are you still getting big storms? I saw your area mentioned in the news yesterday. Stay safe

Det, hope you had a good day!

Wishing everyone a comfy night!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

mae all yep cest moi ..an overcast day out there ...rabbits are out eating together ..bit of chasing around but then settled down...new fenceline is in ,all I have got to put in now are the trip wires flares and electronic detection system..!they still arent in the same hutch that will take longer there is a sequence to go thru to get to that ..

20181016_083411.jpg

20181016_083140.jpg

20181016_083420.jpg

television is working fine now the pic quality is unbelievable ..

a quick brew ...

hiya Lav..hows you then? ok I hope ..I didnt realise you had packed your business in ...yes the panic was I couldnt remember what part of the tomato was poisonous to rabbits ..its the leaves ...anyway she is up and zooming around this morning ..sad about the fire your lad attended ..they go to some pretty crap jobs ..My cousin was a fire bobby ,and I remember him going to a shout ..this was years ago ..a car crash...his brother ..when I left the army ,I pased both the fire and prison tests ..I often wondered ...

ppqp...fish n chips wrapped in newspaper??? boy those were the days !!and guess what no one died ...oh I def paid attention ..theres more but its a bit long and complicated to go into ..suffice to say another operator error...hows you doing? you good ..hows work have you still got lotsa hatz to wear?

hiya sk ..how are you then?hope you are well..have you got the chromebook sorted out ?

hiya tree girl hows things with you today then?hope life is kind to you today ..

Det how you doing mate ?that rabbit is a belter ...

hiya pauly how are you doing? hope you have a lovely day..

right peeps ..off to start the day..take care..

At work they say I'm nosey and always
                              listening in to private conversations

I just wish they’d have the guts to say it to my face.

I'm tired of chip shops with idiotic names like "The Codfather" and "Daves Plaice".

I mean, for fcks hake.

Lisa was called to serve for jury duty but asked to be excused because she didn't believe in capital punishment and didn't want her personal thoughts to prevent the trial from running its proper course.

But the public defender liked her thoughtfulness and quiet calm and tried to convince her that she was appropriate to serve on the jury.

"Madam", he explained, "this is not a murder trial! It's a simple civil lawsuit.

"A wife is bringing this case against her husband because he gambled away the $12,000 he had promised to use to remodel the kitchen for her birthday".

"Well, okay", agreed Lisa, "I'll serve. I guess I could be wrong about capital punishment after all".

Sally was seen going into the woods with a small package and a large bird cage. She was gone several days but finally she returned. Her friend, Liz, had never seen Sally looking so sad.

Liz said, "Heard you went off in the woods for a couple of days. Glad you got back okay, but you look so sad. Why"?

Sally replied, "Because I just can't get a man".

Liz said, "Well, you sure won't find one in the middle of the woods".

"Don't be so silly, Sally said, "I know that. I went in the woods because I needed something there that would get me a man. But I couldn't find it".

Liz said, "I don't understand what you're talking about".

Sally replied, "Well, I went there to catch a couple of owls. I took some dead mice and a bird cage".

"So, how's that gonna help you get a man" asked Liz?

Sally said, "Well, I heard the best way to get a man is to have a good pair of hooters".

All women should live so long as to be this kind of old lady!

Toward the end of Sunday service, the Minister asked, 'How many of you have forgiven your enemies'?

80% held up their hands.

The Minister then repeated his question.

All responded this time, except one small elderly lady.

'Mrs. Neely?'; 'Are you not willing to forgive your enemies'?

'I don't have any'. She replied, smiling sweetly.

'Mrs. Neely, that is very unusual. How old are you'?

'Ninety-eight'. she replied.

'Oh, Mrs. Neely, would you please come down in front & tell us all how a person can live ninety-eight years & not have an enemy in the world'?

The little sweetheart of a lady tottered down the aisle, faced the congregation and said:

'I outlived the bitches'.

Dr. Marc Faber concluded his monthly bulletin with the Following:

'The federal government is sending each of us a $600 Rebate.

If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, the money goes to China.

If we spend It on gasoline, it goes to the Arabs.

If we buy a computer, it will go to India.

If we purchase fruit and vegetables, it will go to Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala.

If we purchase a good car it will go to Germany.

If we Purchase useless stuff, it will go to Taiwan and none of it will help the American economy.

The only way to keep that money here at home is to spend it on prostitutes and beer, since these are the only products still produced in the US !!!

For those of you who have ever watched a cricket match and not understood the rules, I have written them out below clearly and concisely.

There are two sides. One in and one out. Each man in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in then the next man goes out 'till he's out.

When the side that's in is all out, the side that's been out comes in and the side that has been in goes out and tries to get out the side that's coming in.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out when the side that is in is finally out. When both sides have been in and out, including those who are in not out, that's the end of the game.

Now hasn't that made it easier to follow?

A drunk staggered up to the hotel reception desk and demanded his room be changed.

"But sir," said the clerk, "you have the best room in the hotel".

"I insist on another room!!" said the drunk.

"Very good, sir. I`ll change you from 502 to 555. Would you mind telling me why you don`t like 502" asked the clerk?

"Well, for one thing" said the drunk, "it`s on fire".

Comment

Working...
                              X