18th Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18th Nov

mae all...how are we ...good hopefully ...today its windy and at the mo ...dry ..hopefully will be a good day tho tbh the extra hour in bed would have been nice ..have a good one
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 18th Nov

morning all,
    doing a job that's a good hour's drive, so up a little earlier this morning. Thanks for starting the week off, Mick.
    hoping for a pleasant day to slog through the wet. Been cutting through some big mountain laurel, thank goodness for the chainsaw! Suppose to play up on the Shenandoah Drive tonight but I think it might be closed due to the ice. We lost power for a day on that one.

feeling for those folks in California....
    be well friends

Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...good luck with detecting today and glad it's currently dry for you.

Sam...sorry your day isn't as dry. Sounds like a lot of physical labour on this job. Hope the ice doesn't stop the gig on Shenandoah Drive tonight.

Lav...have fun at the g/daughter's play today.

Det...nice shot but I confess I like the other one better. Good luck with the brain supplements, let us know how it goes.

I actually slept in this morning, thanks for sending that extra hour my way Mick. Freezing rain stayed north of us so it's actually not a bad day out there right now. Hope we all have a great Sunday....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Had fun watching our granddaughter on stage this afternoon
        I think she likes this stuff & is going to sign up to do another. Broadway bound that girl is, ha ha!!!!
        Coolish & sunny out today, not bad at all.

Mick, I hope your day went well!

Sam, ice? Oh no, sorry about that! Hope your day wasn't too rough & you're out playing some tunes now

Det, lovely picture as always!
        What kind of brain supplements did you order? I was taking one two years ago but had to throw it out because I was having weird flushing reactions shortly after taking it & didn't know why. Now I know why, it had one of those 4 newly diagnosed allergens Potassium Dichromate. Made my face & ears turn bright red, ugh. I hope you have much better luck, LOL

PQ, my granddaughter was the youngest in the cast & had the smallest part but it was awesome watching her have so much fun.
        Glad you missed the freeing rain & got that extra hour of sleep, yay!

Hello to Pauly, Cyn & SK!

Have a nice night everyone.
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

mornin all ...how are we today then?hopefully all good ..out detecting yesterday ...nishnada ..not a jot was found!at least it was dry where I went ..got to go and pick me glasses up this morning ..mrmagoo.com ..so best be off in a minute ...but time for a quick brew..

hiya Lav...how are you ...nope nothing yesterday ..so g/d was on the stage eh....A star is born..I got a message from my friend yesterday ,someone broke in to his allotment type place..he had a goose called Ringo they battered it to death and stole his ducklings and hens ..the dirty horrible bstards..they found a duck hiding ,but its looking for the ducklings real nice people ..

hi ppqp ...how are you then?So you slept in ...youre entitled to it ..did you have a decent day yesterday?I hope so ...you at work today?in what guise? have a decent day.

hiya Sam ...hows you then?Oh, Shenandoah, I long to hear you
          Look away, you rollin' river
          Oh, Shenandoah, I long to hear you
          Look away, we're bound away
          Across the wide Missouri

dont know any more ...how did the job go?..was the gig shut due to the weather?

Hiya sk pauly and tree ...you ok?

Quasimodo ends up having surgery to
          Remove the hump on his back .

When they open the hump up they find an apple a packet of cheese and onion crisps a tuna salad sandwich and a kit kat ..
          It was the lunchpack of Notre-dame

How many Brexiters do you need to change a lightbulb?

One to promise a bright future and the rest to screw it all up.

Save money on expensive toilet rolls, coffee, milk and sugar by simply having a poo in your neighbour's house when you pop in to borrow some coffee, milk and sugar every day.

In India, non-motorised rickshaw owners must be vetted by the police, after suspicion they're pedalling drugs.

Two women were having lunch together, and discussing the merits of cosmetic surgery.
          The first woman says, "I need to be honest with you, I'm getting a boob job."
          The second woman says "Oh that's nothing, I'm thinking of having my asshole bleached!"
          To which the first replies, "Whoa I just can't picture your husband as a blonde!"

Washington Redskins are up against Dallas Cowboys in the NFL soon.

I remember watching a film clip showing Cowboys beating Redskins 120-3.

Mind you, they had guns against tomahawks.

You know what I really fcking hate?

When you're watching adverts and X-Factor comes on
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick that's terrible about your friend! Who would do such a thing? Just awful love the bleach joke and the lunch pack jokes Lav,how adorable little granddaughter is PQ,feeling sick so I made chicken noodles soup last night,,family said too many carrots,,what a bunch of brats! I like cooked carrots so I'll just hog them to myself haha,Sam,hello to you and it's good to see you waves to all and wishes for a fab BF Monday!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

morning all,

Mick, no tunes, ice still up thar in them thar hills. Finished that one job yesterday, funny how these 10-15 acre lots are cut out in the middle laurel thickets.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4488[/ATTACH

thank goodness for chainsaws, I used to hand cut this kind of stuff out but I got smarter as I got older (and less able!)

hope everyone enjoys their Monday!

Sam
              Attached Files
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Cloudy & chilly today. Thanksgiving day is supposed to be below freezing all day & the coldest on record (117 years). I guess heating up the kitchen with two ovens & lots of cooking won't be so bad for a change.

Mick, sometimes you win, sometimes you don't, lol. At least you got some fresh air yesterday, right?
                I hope you like your new glasses, they always take a little time to get used to them.
                My granddaughter also has dance school recitals every spring - I think she likes the bright lights & applause, ha ha!
                Sorry to hear about your friend's place & animals. WTF would anyone do something like that? That's just mean & nasty

Pauly, did you see the recipe I posted for you on last weeks thread? You should take a look
                I made a big pot of barley vegetable soup today & put lots of carrots in because I love them too.

Sam, wow, that's some rough terrain. Are you surveying for building lots?? Some builder would have to do a hell of a lot of clearing before starting construction there.
                How's your back feeling? Btw - we have several chain saws out in the garage - big ones & little ones, all very handy, LOL

Hello to Det, Cyn, PQ & SK!

I hear there's more snow on the way but not until the first week of December. Not going to start worrying yet, can't do anything about it anyway.
                Have a nice night everyone.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...we had a great day today, almost 60F and sunny. Supposed to continue most of the week. Your g/daughter is a natural. You might have something there with the bright lights and applause.

Mick...had a fairly good day. Frustrating watching the pro-cord trying to look busy doing nothing. Have to keep reminding myself that as long as she's not asking me to do her work I should just ignore her. Employee reviews and bonuses this week, I'm scheduled for Wednesday. We'll see what the boss has to say about my performance.

Pauly...I like carrots too. I have a recipe for baked carrots that I take to our pot luck Christmas Dinner every year.

Sam...even younger and fit I wouldn't want to hand cut those lines in that!

Shout out to Det, Tgirl and SK. Have a good evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Ahoy ho ABerooos!

Mick, thanks much as always. I'm also baffled by some peoples behaviors.... just dunno.

Pauly, I'm making oven roasted carrots tonight!

Sam the bushwacker, good to see you on more often

Lav, you have 2 ovens? how neato. good idea to stay in and bake

supplements i just got:

arctic krill oil
                    curcumin/turmeric extract with piperine
                    Bacopa monnieri (nootropic) clinically verified to boost cognition in several respects
                    NAC (N-Acetyl cystine) if I'm spelling that right. the stuff is downright amazing for many things...check it oot.
                    it's brain benefits put it almost in the nootropic family.
                    B1
                    Ashwaganda (an amazing adaptogenic root from India)
                    L-Glutamine powder

PPQ, sounds like a lovely day there. yay

SK? Treegirl?

well, better check the carrots

be well loves
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hello all -

Almost 4 AM here, and I woke up and can't get back to sleep, so posting now. I had a nice time with HB in NYC, amid doing some of my work there and shopping for client's (organizing things). I trained out of NYC to work with client's yesterday, then drove home, arriving around 6 pm, worn out!

It was a bit rocky on Friday when I went to hop in the car and drive to NYC, but the car was completely dead! Eeek! So I had to use HB's car, which fortunately was available, but much more fancy than mine, so a little nerve-wracking to drive. Oh well, it all went well and I got home last night in time to eat dinner, catch up on correspondence and then go to bed (too early!)

Thanks for the mentions and all the news - I just read back through the end of last week.

I hope all are well and plugging along. I will be busy tomorrow morning, figuring out what is wrong with my car, then a client, then picking up HB from the train... must get ready for turkey day as well...

More soon - be well loves!

Comment

Mae all ...howzweeall today then ..?all good I hope..well weather forecast ...raining here rabbits are playing in the garage ...got a guy coming up in a wee while ,..looking at having "chips" bought in my trains ...DCC that means they can be remote and computer controlled..and make the sounds too.right brew time for all..

Hiya teegee..hows you then up at 4am? you sound like me..hopefully get back to normal now .

hiya Det ...hows you then? hows the rabbit doing? the only carrots I like are carats!! you getting back to normal ...(ha ha) now mate?

hiya ppqp ...hows you then? just for your co -ord ..I bet you end up singing it

Bing Crosby - A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court (Busy doing nothing) - YouTube

raining here ,but its fairing off to a steady downpour....be well and have a good un

hiya Lav ,how are you today then ...all good ..The gran to a star in the making..yes I dont know who would do that ...scum..the new glasses are that ...new ...gotta get used to them.Barley and lentil soup,with leeks ...yum yum then add spices as required ..hope you have a good day

hiya pauly ,how are you today then? hope all is well in paulysville ..as for the carrots ..you seen the aldi chrimbo advert?

Aldi Christmas TV Advert 2018 - Kevin the Carrot and the Wicked Parsnip - YouTube

hi sam the man ...how are you doing ..?chain saw? imagine me with one of them ? ha ha ..Id be armless ...literally!!

big hiya to everyone else ..take care ..

I watched this homeless tramp with a twig and a bit of string with a bent hook on the end pull fish after fish out of the canal and them throw them back.

"That's amazing!" I said. "Why don't you keep some for food?"

"Fish I can get anytime," he said. "It's that fcking mattress I'm after."

Paddys" wife was ready to give birth so he rushes her to hospital.On arrival the nurse asks "How dilated is she?"
                        To which paddy relies,"Oh Jaysus we"re both over the fcking moon

A woman asked me if I had ever peed in the shower.
                        I said "yes. Once or twice. . By accident"
                        She said "What!? You pee in the shower? - that's filthy and disgusting! And what do you mean it was accidental?"
                        I said "Well, you know how it is. . You're in the shower. . having a poo - and sometimes a bit of pee will come out too"

You know what I really hate?

When you're watching adverts and X-Factor comes on

The ancient Egyptians had strict burial requirements, which included being dug up & displayed in a museum years later

I work for Sky TV customer support; and I just had the worst customer of my life. A confused old lady called Mrs May was struggling to understand that if she leaves Sky, she won't be able to watch our channels anymore, she can't just 'pick the bits she wants', and if she leaves her contract early, there'll be a charge. She really struggled understanding that. She seemed to think that if she left sky, she'd somehow get more channels than before?!

I mean really, what kind of idiot thinks they can get more channels by cancelling their subscription, won't have to pay to leave a contract; and more incredible still, thinks the half of her family who personally voted to keep sky will eat their words when all these other providers offer her millions of channels for free....

Defra says my cattle herd is infected with bovine TB. So I'm going to bring out a niche cheese spread under a new brand name.

The Coughing Cow.

Comment

morning all,
                          TG, sounds as if you're doing some running around, hope you settle in a for a restful T-Day.
                          Mick, rain seems to be the norm here on a every other day basis, well may be not that much, but feels like it. Lav, I'm seeing snow in the forecast this weekend, you?

my brother from Seattle is here, suppose to get together and play some tunes some time this week.

have a good one everybody!!
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...that's how Sam addressed you and I like it. Always have been one to shorten everybody's name. Up early here as well, got money on my mind. Been procrastinating reworking my budget so told myself "Just get it done!" and I did. Freed up about 50% of the real estate in my mind. LOL I always forget that your Thanksgiving comes after ours. As far as I'm concerned it's done and dusted. Hope the car repair is something simple.

Det...hope you've done your research on the brain supplements. You be cautious. Any word on the job?

Mick...thanks for the jingle and you're right I'll probably be humming it all day! Had to share it with another co-worker this morning. LOL Had to think about what you meant by "chips" on your trains. Made me think of a Hopper Car hopper.jpg so thanks for explaining the DCC. Now there'll actually be train sounds on your videos. Good luck with breaking in the new specs and I don't mean that literally.

Sam...thanks for the TG tag treegirl, couldn't figure that one out for myself. Enjoy your time with your brother.

Lav...I haven't thought of Barley soup in ions. The wheels are turning for supper tonight.

Pauly...I'm sure you'll be popping in soon before heading out to work. Have a good one.

One of our renters is having their Xmas Lunch today, using an outside caterer so no work for us. Will be having a light breakfast to save room. One of the perks this time of year is joining in on everybody's feasts!

Have a Terrific Tuesday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

MAE

Lav, your grandaughter is so cute and likes the fun of acting:happy2:

I love carrots! I think I'll roast some, like Det. Barley soup never gets old.

Mick, Never thought of chips in your trains, let us know how that works out.

Misty is a bit better, but still no energy and is sleeping a lot. Hermi is grooming her right now. Cute. I will have to keep an eye on her.

Sunny but cool today. and I'd better get on with my day.

Hiya, Pauly.

Sam, that is arduous work for sure, have a good time with your brother.

PPQ, looks as if you have a smooth day, enjoy.

Cyn, I hope you don't have costly repairs.
                              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                              X