w/c 25th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 25th

MAE ALL....thought I'd start this week's thread as it appears Mick is a little busy this morning.

Mick...hope all is ok and that everything works out regardless of what's going on.

TG...will have to agree you are a nice girl. Tree turkey dinners, don't know if I could do that. Thanks again for the congrats it's definitely a whole lot nicer going into work.

Lav...yes money can really make a difference when things get to this stage. We have a service call "Home Instead" here. Don't know what they charge but I would have liked to set something like that up for my MIL if a**hole ex hadn't moved back in. She definitely would have had a better quality of life than she did have.

Pauly...good to see you pop in. Hope everything is going ok in your world.

Not sure what today will bring. Do have to put all the furniture back after moving it out for a deep clean. Have a Super Sober Sunday all....:smile:PPQP

Re: w/c 25th

Hey diddly doodly ABerooos!

PPQ, lovely kick-start thank you, glad to hear things are looking up for the most part.

Mick, glad it's nothing super bad

Pauly, quick hi right back atchu!

celebrated our oink-fest last night and it was a hit. I was a busy bee but did enjoy the oinkout very much, we then played some silly board
    games and spaced out for a while. Some folks had wine with dinner and it didn't phase me a bit thankfully.

to repent I went to the gym today for a great workout and sauna, so feeling nice and clean here

as my studies on the latest solid research on neurology have continued it's becoming increasingly clear I need to get my buttocks onto a modified ketogenic
    diet for a real multitude of beneficial reasons. Shouldn't be much of a stretch for my dietary habits anyhow. Xmas dinner is going to be a challenge but
    I'll figure it out.

Lav, have house full of kiddos and doggies?

shouts to Tree, SK, Sam, anyone else?

be well loves
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi, y'all.

TG, a very special Thanksgiving for your guests, you made a difference.

Hi, Pauly.

Mick, I am sending good thoughts for whatever you are dealng with.

Lav, you made it happen in such a special way.

Det, pork sandwich with crackling for a couple of days?

Sam, how is your world? Freezing?, Fiddlingg, hanging out with bro.

PPQ, I love the new title and hope you get a big fat raise. You go girl!

Introduced Vivian to Mr. Bean this aft, much laughter

Misty is sneezing blood and my skin is so dry. Got 2 humidifiers going, my facial steamer and I'm about to run a hot shower providing more steam. I'm guessing her nostrils are very dry.

Good night.
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Ye, we had Thanksgiving Phase II /dual birthday celebrations for son & grandson today. Fun day, everyone has gone home including my furry guest

Mick, thinking of you pal :hug:

Pauly, thinking of you as well. Reach out to us if you get to feeling stressed with your Mom, OK?

PQ, we also have Home Instead here. A friend of mine just interviewed with them thinking about picking up some part time hours. Something like that would be helpful but probably not enough even at this point. There's the whole house thing (cleaning), cooking & shopping, doctor visits, bill paying, & more. I called the widow this morning & she told me that she doesn't want to live with her son, oh boy. She wants to be around her own things & she's not likely to change easily at the age of 86
        She has my phone number & knows that she can call me anytime. I just really hope she doesn't have a slip & fall accident or something while alone.

Det, glad you had a good feast. I feel bad for having a second feast today but it was unavoidable, ha ha!
        I'll be treating the chickens to leftover mashed potatoes & stuffing - for sure!!! Too many carbs consumed these past few days, yuck.

Hello to Cyn, Sam & SK. Hope everyone is OK.

Have a nice night everyone!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Late night hello all-

Mick, sending good energy to you for whatever is going on.
          Lav, whew, that's a lot of cooking! I know everyone must have had a good time. Good luck to your friend - does she have one of those alarm bracelets? Sounds like that would be ideal.
          SK, goodness, that's dry - you might need a console humidifier? I just "fixed" mine, which seemed to think that it was always out of water, NOT. Goood luck with Misty - I've never heard of a cat with a bloody nose, but I guess...
          Det, I'm with you in thinking that diet has a huge impact on our sobriety. Good luck with your questing.
          PPQ, thanks for starting is up. And a deep clean? Wow, you are ambitious!
          Sam and Pauly, hope all is well with you both.

I Finished up with our personal finances and my client billing. I find the billing much more complicated than doing the actual work! But I am finally getting myself to set up systems... finally...

I hope all are having good sleeps tonight, and will wake refreshed. Good energy for the week to come.

Cheers

Comment

morning all...just a quick jump in to thank you for your wishes,yesterday was one real busy day ,and today is the same ,allI can say is thank fk I dont drink any more ..it would have been too easy to just get blasted and
            a serious dose of ostrich syndrome...but thankfully I grew up (says he with a loft full of train sets!!)
            take care all..and thanks
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,hope whatever it is that's going on is sorted/mostly sorted((hugs)) don't worry about being a grown up with a train set,,my bedroom looks like a teenage girl lives here with hello kitty stuff,lots of pink,stuffed animals,etc but it's ok cuz I like it like that!its my lair Det,I keep trying to start keto,even Belon to a few online keto groups but damn I love my carbs! It is supposed to be a benefit for the brain in lots of ways tho,they even suggest and use it for children and peeps with epilepsy to control or stop seizures I've read,PQ,it'll be tacos for dinner,wanted to toss a pulled pork mix into the crock pot but my mom acted like I was trying to feed her barf so the pork will be for tomorrow haha,Lav,doesn't it feel great to finally have both Thanksgivings outta the way? Much love to all and wishes for a fabulous BF Monday!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

morning all

Mick, ostrich syndrome, I have it without the booze so I can definitely relate! Hang in there friend.

hope everyone had a good weekend, those in the States, a long weekend. We got a heck of a lot of rain Saturday, about 4 in inches, it is incredible how much rain we've gotten this year, but dipstick in chief says no global anything, except money.

So Saturday, I went to a buddy's house who is a fiddler and builds banjos, I had a banjo that I wanted put a hide top on it. Basically, you stretch a skin over a rim and then put an outer rim over. It is amazing how plyable the hide is after soaking it.

Rain again today, sun tomorrow, yeah!
                be well good friends
                Sam
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good evening folks,

Closing in on 7" of rain for the month, geez, enough!!!!
                  Looking forward to some sun tomorrow, hopefully.

Mick, we're here hoping everything works out OK, remember that :hug:

Cyn, I hear you on the client billing, ugh. Getting certain people to actually pay you is another headache
                  Made a turkey pot pie today with the last of the turkey, yay.
                  Today was opening day of deer hunting season so YB was busy driving his Amish customers & their deer to the local butcher. I know people actually eat venison but I just can't go there. I tried cooking it once back in 1973 & it stunk up my apartment for days. No Fanks!!!

Pauly, I would have sent your Mom to Burger King. A gracious guest doesn't do that.
                  I hope you had a good day anyway.

Sam, the mud is awful after all this rain. I guess it's better than snow, haha!
                  If you're looking for deer skins I think this local guy is going to have plenty. I imagine that hide changes the sound of your banjo??

Hello to PQ, SK & Det. Hope everyone is OK.

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...you wouldn't say that if you saw the state of my condo. I need Pi to show up and get everything organized. It was a deep clean only because the stack of dirt was so high. LOL Yay to the systems. I know they're a pain to get set up but so worth it in the long run.

Mick...thinking of you and sending positive vibes as well. :angelpals:

Pauly...I take it Mom won't be there tomorrow then. Well done on getting through the visit without AL. Hope you had a good day.

Sam..."dipstick in chief" :harhar: Got to admit I love all the acronyms people come up with. I was going to say it could be worse but I don't know, maybe snow is better than rain. Is your brother still here? Did you get a chance to play some tunes?

Lav...I'm with you, no deer meat in this house. Know lots of people who have freezers full of it. So we haven't gotten anymore snow but with the warm daytime temps the slush and water pooling is everywhere and then it all freezes overnight. I can appreciate no mud though.

Shout out to Det, SK.

Raises came out today and I am very pleased with mine, the accountant on the other hand is not a happy camper. With her attitude she should consider herself lucky to still have a job. Keeping to my resolution to just concentrate on my work and ignore the rest of the crap going on. Makes for a stress free day. Have a great evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Happy unhung Monday ABeroooskies!

Mick, good to see you and ooooh roooh for AF power indeed. and.... never grow all the way up!

SK, I love Mr Bean! I like a lot of Brit humor actually. Was recently watching some interviews with Rowan Atkinson coincidentally.
                      Pork sandwich minus the bread thankfully I can eat loads of low glycemic veggies which are the best ones anyway.

Pauly, yes keto research started out in seizure and epilepsy treatment and it's still the only thing that works in folks that don't respond
                      to the meds. Regarding the carb cravings... I haven't had any yet but will advise how I do here. They say after approx 5 days carb cravings subside
                      and you no longer wake up hungry in mornings or have hunger pangs at all. I'm already experiencing those benefits interestingly. Probably because I've
                      been semi-keto for some time I'm postulating.

Treegirl, doing financial paperwork is anathema to me... shudder. Yes diet and sobriety are something I have to get more studious about and I
                      certainly have been. Day 2 of keto and interestingly I haven't yawned all day. I normally complain of being tired in the afternoons. hmmmm.
                      means my glucose and insulin are already evening out and lowering respectively. The keto forums have threads concerning addictions and alcohol in particular,
                      with some very encouraging observations. The clinical trials so far have been on depression but they are moving into trials on alcohol addiction/detox and recovery now. Exciting times.

well, I finally got hold of the job I was going for and they won't be filling the position yet for some reason. soooo, I've applied for 3 more jobs today and plowing straight ahead.

Lav, double Bday and TgivingII, what a social rockstar! my goodness. there are still piles of leftover homemade crescent
                      rolls here.... being strong so far....

Sam, that sounds really interesting. I'll have to find a related youtube documentary.

there is much more to research so I'm off to do so

be well loves
                      Last edited by Determinator; November 26, 2018, 08:07 PM.
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

PPQ, what great news! most glad for you
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Originally posted by Determinator View Post
                          PPQ, what great news! most glad for you
                          Thanks Det...and what a great post, you're sounding good. I have relatives that swear by keto and did so some research on it. I might have to re-investigate it.

Never grow all the way up. I like that!

Comment

hiya all...its me ...yet again ta for your thoughts ,Its been a pretty rubbish week/weekend but thankfully getting things sorted out ..Im still doing the worktop in the kitchen ...jeez the dust is everywhere .I did a test piece and it has turned out good ...so quite pleased with it ..keeping busy ..ha is there any time I dont?Rabbits are doing well. and guess what ...its raining again..!!bit tired but hey ,oh by the way..have a look at this...

Searching for nicknames for Donald Trump? This article is a compilation of all Donald Trump's nicknames and the nicknames Trump called his opponents.

hope you all have a great day folks.

A huge flying saucer lands at a petrol station in the middle of nowhere.
                            The alien gets out and asks the attendant to "fill her up with unleaded".
                            The attendant starts to fill it up but when it gets to £300 he gets a bit concerned and says "I hope you can pay for this "
                            The alien says "don't worry I can cover it".
                            After several more assurances that the alien can pay eventually all the pumps are empty and the bill is £20,000 they go inside to settle up and the alien says " have you got change for a bleem?"

I've just been sentenced to life imprisonment in the UAE.

See you all next week.

Most people write congrats because they don't know the spelling of congrajulashions

Last year I found a Genie in a bottle.

“What would you like a bigger penis or a better memory? Asked the Genie.

I don’t remember what happened next.

I have a superpower.

I can melt ice cubes just by staring at them.

It takes a while though.

I went to the library and asked for a book on escaping the UAE
                            The librarian said “It's not out until next week”
                            I said “Yes, that’s the one.”
                            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning all
                              hard to believe it is already ho ho season upon us. right now seems like ho hum, but maybe a little sun will cure that. My family, siblings that is, and i are selling a mountain tract that has a cabin on it. My dad bought it back in the early 60's. Hate to see it go, closing on it in a couple of weeks. Since everybody has moved, no one else wants to hold on to it. I certainly understand it , but boy what a pretty but rather unaccessible place. The unaccessible makes it all the more fun. The area back in the late 1800's was actually pretty populated, still can find old cabin remains and a few graveyards about. Easier to access with mules. Sad to see it go, but moving on, as it were. The first tract my dad bought up there was 50 acres, paid $10.00/acre!!

had a good visit with my bro, and yes, SK, did get some tunes in.... fun fun!
                              Lav, your chickens enjoying the mud?
                              Det, never thought to look at a youtube for stretching a hide.
                              waves to you Pauly, PQ, Mick, TG, Pi (wherever you may be)

off to feed the moo cows
                              be well

have a good one friends
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                              X