5 years today for avail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 years today for avail.

Available ,,it is 5 years today since she last glugged falling down juice,,,,all I can say is well done to you ,congratulations in not caving in and beating those cravings ..I know youve had times when it would have been so easy to just sack it and get leathered ...you didnt ,and fought through it ...well done ,I am chuffed to call you a friend...

Ben E...
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 5 years today for avail.

Fantastic. So happy for you. That is the way to do it.

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Well done to you!!!
      Bridget :happy2:
      Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; December 1, 2018, 12:29 AM.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I'm so happy for you and so proud of you, dear Ava! You've turned your life around and have added so much to the lives of all of us here. Hope you're having a wonderful celebration! Much love to you and big hugs and kisses..--LC:love:

Comment

[MENTION=16186]available[/MENTION]
          Congratulations, darling, on a magnificent FIVE years sober..............

It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:heartbeat:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Huge congrats Ava!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Congratulations on 5 years Available!!!!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Congratulations on reaching 5 years, Ava! I admire your tenacity.
                  Thank you for all of your empowering posts about how it is your choice to be AF, and nothing or nobody is going to stand in the way of that or take it away from you!
                  Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

I said more in the nest, but CONGRATULATIONS on 5 fabulous years!

Thanks for sticking around here and helping to show us all how it is done. I am grateful to have such a powerful quit buddy.

xo
                    Pav

Comment

I'm not to the point of being thankful for having been addicted, Ava, but I'm so glad that escaping it gave me one of my best friends ever - clear on the other side of the world! Love, NS

Maybe this needs to be updated :smile:: https://www.mywayout.org/community/j...721-story.html

November 30, 2013
                      Originally posted by available View Post
                      I did nearly 40 but fam issues and a daughers wedding and every excuse i can give really. Now stress free and a set date so going to be fine and have support of the children. I dont do xmas parties so no probs there. You can do it P, pm me if needed and i will do the same
                      December 1, 2013
                      Originally posted by available View Post
                      Well I have done my day 1 again. How did i feel today, well i felt like a wine at 5pm and thought to myself, that I bought this back onto myself again. The withdrawals, the cravings, the headaches. Did that make me want a wine NO. My daughter visited with a bottle of wine and i'm like wtf Mia I told you I was stopping drinking today and she said "you can have one glass mum". Oh god bring me not into temptation I thought. I just looked at the bottle and thought NO I cant, if I did then I would drive to the shops and buy more. That is not me anymore, I need to be strong. I had a diet coke and looked at that damn wine and looked at it but did not succumb. God if I cant get past Day 1 what is the point I thought.

So here I am with a full belly (food, yes I ate) and feeling proud of myself. I know I have a long way to go but its a start to being AF again.
                      It was a very good start :hug:.

Comment

Well done, dear lady. I’m so proud of you. Thank you for staying the course and bringing your brand of wisdom and humor to our lives each and every day. Keep up the great work. YOU make a difference! Much love and admiration, Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

CONGRATS ON 5 YEARS AF AVA!!!!
                          Cake pops for everyone!

chicken_cake_pops.jpg
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thank you all so much for your congratulations.

Benneeeeeeeeeeee thank you!

I used to think this could not possibly be me having so much time sober but yesteray i accepted that yes this is me now, this is who i am and i love this sober life, ups and downs, bullshit and happiness, all rolled into one each and every day. I can deal with it all now and i have MWO to be accountable to each day.

The friendships i have made in the last 5 years are so precious to me, you guys know more about me than my family, you all understand what an alkie like myself went through and you all had faith that i would get to where i am, when i had none.

NS those posts of mine sound like a lost, scared and afraid soul with a lot of wavering determination to succeed. I surely need to do an udate when i am back in civilisation and as per me, it will be a long waffling post!

Pav, my most fav quit buddy in the world and only one really. We had others start with us and drop off along the way but i knew i could not let you down, you were so determined each and every day which kept me plodding along, not knowing what each day would bring and hoping that you had not drank as it would be my excuse to also get the f#ck its and follow suit. You didnt and i am forever grateful for that.

I feel like i have won an oscar and giving my acceptance speech which i have and i am!

Take care xx
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Great job, Ava - and wonderful that you are still here and posting! Huge congrats!!
                              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Working...
                              X