Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - December 2018

Happy December.
    This can be a stressful time for all of us. I saw this quote and it was a good reminder for me. Sometimes I forget...... One breath at a time, one step at a time, one day at a time. :heartbeat:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Re: One Step at a Time - December 2018

Happy December all,
    Thanks for starting us off Nora. Hope you are having a good time...decided to go off my routine of watching Gomer Pyle last night and watch a high school football game online. It was very good. I didn't pay that much attention to it until closer to the end, as I went to chat at the same time and scrolled facebook. ....rain has moved in. The cats like to sit on the porch and watch....later

Comment

Happy December all! Nora,hope you're having a blast when you mentioned Carlsbad it reminded me of a time hubs had to do a plumbing job there and I think it was a Sat or Sun cuz the kids were home so I told him let us tag along and we'll sit on the beach til he's finished,well it was sooooo cold that probably less than an hour later I was calling him to pleeeaase come pick us up! I'll never forget that cold ass day,brrr,Bird,,glad you had fun watching the game on the computer,sometimes it's good to mix up our routine Liz,tbh I purposely don't pack certain things when we travel so I have an excuse to shop! You and me are a lot alike I think went to so many stores yesterday! Hub's birthday is next week and I had to pick him up some stuff,then Kell,Rome and me went to our fave sandwich place,Ulta and to the coffee bean,bought some philosophy body/hair wash that smells like Christmas cookies,it's yum,Rusty,you have lots of snow where you are? Waves to Glassy,hope you check in soon,wishes for a happy AF Saturday all!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hiya Nora, Bird, Pauly and evabody.

Wishing y'all a safe, sober and magical december! X

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hiya mr. G.

It's beautiful here. :welldone:IMG_20181201_172257_453.jpg
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks for starting us off Nora. I actually remembered it was a new month! I hope you are enjoying your time away Nora. The pictures are beautiful. Is it cold there now? [MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]y, recently found an Ulta here. I had not seen one before. Don't even know if they are new this area or what. I will have to check it out. [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], it is good to mix it up once in awhile. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
            Erin is sick again, so I made some chicken soup and brought it over. Talked to CJ on FaceTime and it looks like they won't be coming home. She doesn't get much time off for the holidays. They're happy and keeping busy, so it's ok with me. CJ loves her job and is making new friends. Wrote out Christmas cards tonight too, so that's done. I send out less and less each year. I wasn't even going to this year, but well, I did.
            Rusty, glassie I hope you guys are doing ok and not working too hard. mr G so nice of you to pop in!

Comment

Hello All
              Happy Birthday Nora!
              A very quick check in sorry - I'm up to my neck in work.

I should have more time in a week or so.

I'v had a quick read back and thanks for all your shout outs to me! I really appreciate you hanging in there with me.

Love, GHE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
              You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Morning friends,good to see you Glassy,how are you feeling? Nora,hope you're enjoying yourselves Liz,I think it's a nationwide chain full of all the fun makeup and stuff I love,I like it better than Sephora cuz it's easier to get to(for me cuz I avoid the Strip) and less salespeople bug,I'm a browser and don't like peeps up my ass when I'm trying to look haha,took Michelle up to get her check yesterday,then Walmart so she could cash it,then Sally's so she could get her hair dye,it was exhausting cuz I sat in my car just waiting for her,oh well,then she got so drunk later on! She's supposed to work this morning,dunno if she made it,Rusty,hope all is well,you must be a busy bee cuz you've been quiet,,I get it Bird,any plans for today? Lou's gotta help me finally get the decs on the tree,it has lights but no ornaments cuz I promised him I'd wait for him,much love to all and wishes for a happy AF Sunday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning everyone and happy Sunday!
                  Pauly, I wish someone would help me put ornaments on the tree! Had to do it all by myself. Sorry about Michelle, that must be hard to watch. It's good that she has you. You're such a good role model for your kids. Sometimes it's just plain hard being a mama.
                  Glassie thanks for checking in. I know your busy, but enjoy your posts. Just pop in when you can.
                  Off to church and then lunch. Not sure what the rest of the day holds for me. What's everyone else up to today.

Comment

[MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION] - thanks for checking in. I know it's just a few days until your thesis is due. Sending good thoughts your way. Any word on your medical tests?

Mr G - Wonderful to see you as always

Pauly - it is cold here. Brrr But so pretty.

Bird - did you have a busy weekend with the girls?

Liz - did you do anything exciting with the rest of your day?

Rusty - hope you are doing well.

We are celebrating 42 years of marriage today. Wow! This place is great. It is right across the street from the beach. We have a one bedroom suite with a kitchen, etc. We have done some walking around. Hubby has gone down to the beach a couple of times and brought me a couple of rocks. :love: I don't think I can do the stairs to get down to the beach. There are about 60 stairs. My fibro has been pretty bad lately and my legs have been so stiff that I have a hard time taking a step. Somehow that motion of stepping up and down stairs hurts so bad. But, that's ok if I can't do it. It is a beautiful view and I am so relaxed. It was so thoughtful of my SIL & BIL to let us use their time share.

I hope everyone has a Happy Week ahead. :yay:

PS - at breakfast this morning, my orange juice came in a pretty glass. I had hubby taste it to make sure it wasn't a mimosa. Better safe than sorry.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy anniversary Nora

Comment

Happy anniversary Nora! 42 years, that's amazing. I'm so glad you're relaxed and enjoying.
                        Hubby and I went to lunch and then went to visit a friend in the hospital. Don't know if you remember me telling you about a 70th birthday party I had to help with about 2 months ago? Well this is the friend that is in ICU. She is 52 and has some major health issues. hubby and I went to see her. She actually was doing ok. She had a blood transfusion and was feeling heaps better. Thing is, she is at the hospital where I used to work! I thought it would bother me, didn't bother me at all. I am honestly glad to have moved on from there and there is nothing I miss about that job other than the health insurance. That was my excitement for the day.

Comment

Yahoo. Site is back up
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
                            Glad the site is back.....so was busy yest went out to the lake and then parade with dd2, then we went and got pizza. Her bf came too, I could smell he had been drinking. He didn't drink at the pizza place, I kinda got the feeling she was ticked off at him about it...anyway...so the kids friend who died , I guess the parents aren't sure how to get started on the funeral or something. DD2 called and said there is a big meeting at the parents house tonight and they want us to come down (2 1/2 hours). Guess we are to be planning the funeral? Not sure...also they want dd2 to make a speech at the service as she was a good friend and also good at speeches...so I know that will be tough but I am sure she will write a good one...really not sure if I want to go down for that meeting, not sure what I could do to be of help....been thinking about it all day. It is a big trigger as well. Said there will be a lot of people there.......Pauly, I know what you mean about the shopping. I went in a store the other day and 3 salespeople try to help me in 2 minutes. I walked out. Sorry M got drunk......Mr. G, thanks for popping in.....Nora, glad the place was so nice. Congrats on the 42!!! Sorry your fibro acting up.....Lizann, that was nice of you to make the soup for Erin....I need to do my cards too. I only send 4 so...glad going to the hosp wansn't a problem for you.......Glassie, it is good to stay busy....well, I better make up my mind if I am going or not.....b

Comment

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], you're so good about keeping up with everyone! Glad yesterday was a good/busy day for you. That was a great picture you posted, I really liked it. Would you be driving the 2 1/2 hours with your daughter? I think I would be less inclined to go if I were making the trip alone. It's nice your daughters get so much support from you. [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], not sure if your still away for your getaway. Hope you're well rested and rejuvenated.
                              So nice and warm here today, sadly it will be short lived. The sun was just coming through the window at work today and it just felt so good. Helped my mood a lot.
                              Hope everyone had a great Monday!

Comment

Working...
                              X