December Army Manoevres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December Army Manoevres

Morning and white rabbits and all that pinching and punching stuff.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Re: December Army Manoevres

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]............will you drop in and let us know how your special friend is.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]...........ahh the colonies. I wonder if Vicky sat with a big map pointing at them and going .........mine, mine, also mine, not yours.

The fondant fancies are prepared...........well I bought some and the grand tidy up is underway. When Pa in law was at the horsepital the other day his consultant told him there were many on-line support groups..........he replied that he'd only just given up his quill pen let alone used the internet...............so we've bought him a new quill and pot of ink for Christmas as his joke pressie.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Wishing y'all safe, sober and magical manoeuvres for december. X

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

[MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION] and to you G-force. You're ticking along nicely with this sober stuff.

A lovely afternoon with the in-laws. Love them down to their bones. They are sooooooooo excited about the upcoming wedding.

I'm just going to chow down on a bit of chicken and dumplings then I'll be in bed by 9pm.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

White rabbits..
          You Dad in law sounds like a gas man [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]!

Well our second cat was knocked over yesterday. Both of them gone now :shakingno: Broke it to the kids, even the older fella is v upset. Youngest balled for 2 hours.. Im paranoid now that we cant keep them alive! What do we do, keep them inside all day? We have fields all around us, so they always wandered off, but came back.
          Ice cream and a Christmas movie..
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Woops....copy and paste!

Morning All,
            I'm just going to use my time. It's easy to get disorientated around here.
            Mary I've tried but I just can't work out what KK is?
            In the absence of any supervision from my brother I have taken to employing the two year old niece as gardener's apprentice. It's slow going but it's working if you want everything watered including your favourite chair - inside.

Gone are the days of watching my gardening shows. Much better to watch Puppy Dog Pals and The Wiggles, non?

Anyway I am passive -aggressively edging into a bitch session here so I will rise above it and serenely repair to the garden - with a screaming two year old in tow. As I have just been screeched at by a 50 year old. For responding to a text from his ex. That is....after I have cleaned after up them because we are getting cockroaches, cockroaches, cockroaches..................

See? No passive - aggression at all.

Sleep well little ones. Thank fecking God for this place. Seriously.....

@Satz ....remove the dog from the drunk...
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Mary, that's devastating for your kids and you. Is it a busy road or something?

Sweatpea....where is ya?

JC I love that feeling of an early night and being tucked up.
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good morning Army and a happy December and Sunday to all!! Writing from the sick bed here(well, not exactly) - a nasty cold has descended on me and I'm not liking it much but hey ho, it will be gone withing a few days. If I was drinking, it could have taken a few weeks to go away!! December has not started out much better than November ended but taking it all in stride. Yesterday I went to pick up this lovely metal day bed that I had ordered - you know the kind that you see ladies of means lounging on in pictures. Anyway, put it into the back of my truck to take it home - it did stick out a couple of feet but was secured and had warning tape hanging off it so no one would run into it. On the way home the truck broke down - it's standard shift and the thingey that holds the gear shift in place went south so that you can only put it in third and fourth gear - and no reverse. Now I live on a dead end street so the only way to get the bed to my house is to back the truck in and drive out or drive in and back out. Not possible without reverse, obviously. Anyway, Stirly always finds a solution and I happened to have one of those dolly things you cart large boxes around on so I strapped the damn bed along with the bed slats onto that and trundled it the block and a half down the road to my place. Then trundled it back to the truck. Luckily the bed frame isn't so heavy I couldn't lift it so it is now sitting in the spare room waiting to be assembled. I'll get to it in a few minutes after a second cup of tea.

Mrs. A - I am delighted that Mr. A's condition has improved so much. Sorry about the pain tho'. Can they give him somethng for that? My dad was on morphine pills for the last year of his life to ease his pain. Just a thought. I'm sure it will be a special Christmas for you this year with such good results from his chemo! Sending you hugs!!!

Mary - sorry about the kittens. We had one die on us when our boys were young. Not easy to deal with.

KK - I'm thinking Kris Kringle??????

Bridge - love that you let the lassie garden with you. My one DIL is a germ freak. No way would she let her girls get down and dirty with Grandma! Cockroaches I can do without. Here they are ginormous - not like the small ones they have in Canada. Detest the buggers!!
                Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]............will you drop in and let us know how your special friend is.
                Thanks for mentioning that Jackie - he celebrates 10 years sober today. Is slowly getting his strength back and is hopefully going home either tomorrow or Tuesday. Something he is greatly looking forward to. We were supposed to celebrate today - a choccie cake of course - but my cold has put a damper on our plans. Lord knows he doesn't need to be sidelined by a cold just as he is getting better.

Off to make a cuppa and tackle the bed then sew some lacy curtains.

Wishing you all a great day - make it a special one if you can!!!!!!!
                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Morning,
                  [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]...........what a shame. It happened when one of my cats (Beth) died.......her brother (Tuffy) disappeared and I found him dead at the side of a road obviously been hit by a car and the owner of the car had pushed him there. He was very much a home kitty and could only surmise he'd gone looking for her. Would it help to tell them they're together in kitty heaven.
                  I was thinking KK was Kris Kringle too.........what does it mean though?

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]...........sending congratulations to your special friend's decade of sobriety.........and you stay in blooming bed. Took you long enough to get the beggar in the house I was thinking KK was Kris Kringle too.........what does it mean though?

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]......too much drink and a no to Rosie.........although she wouldn't have given a hoot. Mebbees a rundown of vet's fees......they make your eyes water.

[MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION]........our Jenny used to traipse around my Dad when he was gardening. She's one hell of a gardener herself now.
                  You know I don't think I've ever seen a cockroach and hopefully never will.

Mr JC was out with a couple of mates he went to Uni with.......
                  My early night went south a bit. Ate my chicken and casserole dumpling ready meal from Aldi.........not something I do very often but it was gorgeous or was I just starving. Then decided to watch Casualty. Then decided to text Jenny. Then the S&H. Then wondered if my new Kindle played YouTubes........it does........sounds better with head phones......and while I had it in my hand might as well play a couple of games of word search....finally got hot bottle in bed, Bess up the stairs and on bed, got tucked in and Bess decided on another garden wander......down the stairs and we start the circus again.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Put the blasted bed together. Pliers slipped as I was tightening a bolt and nipped my finger. Blood everywhere but nothing too serious. Anyway, got the bed frame together only to discover that the bed slats are 5 centimetres too long. Luckily I have a jigsaw and could cut them to size. Geez. Now to go sweep up the sawdust in the room. A girl's work is never done.....

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - your evening sounds delightful. Look at how much you discovered about your Kindle.... :goodjob:

Comment

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION].......I'll come and kiss it better. BTW still looking at flights to Athens

Forgot the that I also did a shop for clothes for Mr JC (on-line) at Marks and Spencer. Picked out jeans, shirts, a couple of T-shirts. He's an awkward size to buy for being 6'4" and an XXL. I would have normally bought them......wrapped and tagged them for Chrimbo pressies but it could have(and propably would have) have meant trailing backwards and forwards to the shops. So I showed him and we're going up there in an hour to pick them up and a very nice trip round the food hall.

Its very clever this click and collect in store......they must know fine well while you're there you'll buy another bucket full of stuff.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Enjoy your outing, Jackie.

Still trying to get used to typing with this darn band-aid. Well, a gauze with a piece of masking tape wrapped around it. In Stirly's house, that's the closest you get to a band-aid. Actually, I could probably use a couple of stitches but I'm not going to the hosiope to have it looked at. Too many people - I'd probably come home with something I'd caught there....

You'd never want to shop on-line for Mr. Stirly (former) He's never pleased with something someone else picks out for him. Makes me mental. And always complains that you shouldn't have bought him a pressie cause he said not to. Grrrr.....

Comment

Evening,
                          [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]...........I hope the finger's healing. Promise me the doctor's tomorrow if its not healing to your likeing.

Cute dog story alert:
                          Jenny's put her Christmas tree this afternoon and its confused the feck out of her Buddy the Beagle. When she finished she noticed Buddy had brought all his toys out of his box and then proceeded to place them ever so carefully under the 2 metre high raffia giraffe she keeps in the corner of living room.

Btw she's been mad on giraffe's since she was little 'un. We bought it for her 30th birthday.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

And we have our first Christmas miracle
                            He loves all the clothes and only one return.......as I ordered two pairs of trousers in different colours on the proviso that one pair would go back. :welldone:
                            In man world, he thinks he's kitted out for the next century.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening,
                              [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION], no messing with you now when you want a new bed!! good for you, I hope the fingers ok. You could do with a nurse (@sweetpea29 for example)!!

Thanks all for the kitten condolences. You could be onto something [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. Mr M rekons he was depressed after his brother died. We went to see the Grinch tonight, so all is better in the world again..except their teeth (I was very liberal on the sugar allowance tonight).
                              Thats hilarious about Buddy JC!!

We lived in a manky flat in Sydney [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] that was home to millions of cockroaches - I will never forget it. Disgusting. Had to get it bombed twice cos one of our flatmates couldnt live without the telly (I think they had to seal it up for a few days). My condolences.
                              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                              X