X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w/c 2nd 12th

ho ho ho...

The Pogues - Fairytale of New York + Lyrics - YouTube

there you go ...jist to get you in the mood ...but how many knew what the story was about ? a very ejoocayshnil fred this is

so how are swe all? tis raining here I went to let the wabbitz ou and it blasted me ..they are sitting cooried up to each other and looking at me as if to say..are you mad?

ok so on we go ...one section of worktop finished..

hiya ppqp..hows you then?adult day today or not ? whats this gettin changed into jammies?over here they go shopping in them!!you back in the circus tomorrow?still youre the ringmaster now so it aint a problem..have a good day irrespective of outlook on life ..adult/kid

hiya lav ..hows you then today? you want madness? look at this ..it has started a massive outcry

Council invites grooming gang convict to meet son he conceived in rape | Daily Mail Online

if I had my way there wouldnt have been an issue ..or any chance of him being involved..but hey call me old fashioned ..Hope you are having a decent weekend..no kidz?

Hiya pauly ..Im with you on the keys job!tortilla soup? whats that?You started with your xmas pressies yet?dont buy one for me ...have a lovely day.

hiya Det well as you can see ours aint exactly the best ..coming up with things like that!how are you today then?what are you up to?fingers crossed on the job front for you

a big yoo hoo .to everyone else..take care ..

French rioters have stolen a police assault rifle during fuel protests.

Luckily, being French, they have no idea what it is.

Irony on the streets of Paris as protestors take to the streets over the price of fuel and throw petrol bombs at the Gendarmerie.

"Enhanced Interrogation"..."Waterboarding"...Trump says he'll allow the CIA to start again! I'd suggest letting an angry mother brush their hair...if you need intel that quickly?
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: w/c 2nd 12th

MAE ALL...

Mick...it was both an adult and kid day. Got some chores done and managed to watch some more Xmas shows. Did have to go out and man there's a lot of snow out there. Very mild temps though so that's a plus. Although it's only Dec 2nd it feels like things are winding down at work. We get 2 weeks off and can hardly wait.

Hope everyone is having a Super Sober Sunday....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Sunday evening greetings to all!

Damp & foggy all day but at least it's not snowing, ha ha!!
      I get to start my week with a trip to the dentist in the morning, yay. Have my crown in a plastic bag for him which popped off Thanksgiving day, LOL
      Found a recipe to make parmesan garlic chicken in the IP - very good even if I did substitute with non-dairy ingredients. I did break down & use real parmesan though.

Mick, sounds like you're stuck in a very damp weather pattern too, ugh.
      Don't get me started on social workers.....my daughter-in-law is one of them. They can come up with some doozies
      I've known & worked with some very good social workers over the years (to be fair). It makes absolutely zero sense to re-traumatize a victim & a child as well. What could be the purpose??

PQ, I think it would be so nice if everyone had time off over the holidays, enjoy!
      I always had to work at least every other holiday & then some. Now that I can enjoy the holidays my kids don't want to be in the same room with one another
      I hope they get over this sh*t one of these days. It might help if my DIL would apologize for creating this great divide but that's not likely to happen.
      Be careful out there in the snow!!

Hello to Det, Cyn, SK & Sam. Hope everyone is OK!

Wishing everyone a nice night!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Evening all ---

PPQ, loved the image of you being in a Snow globe! I love that kind of snow too. Our snow is almost gone now, thanks to big rains overnight. (ps, my work is as a professional organizer, usually planning moves and organizing after, though I have several clients I've had for years. HB stands for "hubs" as Pauly says, and yes he is home. Kind of like bringing a kid home from college, except there's even more stuff!)

Lav, thx for the info re: gifts. We'll see if I can get myself organized!

Det, good luck on the job front. I have taken quick looks at your health pages, interesting. How great for your dad to take the first steps in his life planning. I work with families to do the same things, and though they are a little nervous, everyone is relieved once it's done.

Pauly, tortilla soup, yum. My favorite!

Mick, I love all the bunny stories, those two are very vivid in my mind.

SK, what's up? How's Misty? How's your arm?

Sam, hope music is still flying around you.

Pi, wow, your work on your house is amazing. Congrats.

I worked with clients yesterday, then today did the round trip to the big city and back, and managed, despite the rain. Glad that's done. Onward into the coming week!

Wishing all well and happy and a great start to the week.

Comment

X-post, Lav!! So sorry about the kids... maybe someday they'll be able to bridge that gap...

Comment

MAE All,

It's a beautiful weather day here; the kind we don't get many of, sunny and cool with low humidity. I'm working on, or rather waiting on clearing up a title issue. Puttering around, finally hooked up my stereo, and enjoying some favorite tunes. Dan Fogelberg is up first.

Treegirl, very nice to meet you! Seems we joined MWO within a couple months of each other. What part of the world are you in?

Am I the only one who likes jury duty? Last time I took a commuter bus into downtown to avoid the drive, and then ended up on a murder trial. Every minute was interesting.

Hope your dentist visit wasn't too awful, Lav. PQ, Have you watched The Christmas Chronicles on Netflix? It's a little different take on Santa, with Kurt Russel playing the role.

Way to make progress on the worktops, Mick. Are you sanding by hand? Det, I admire your passion for nutrition. Good luck with the new device.

Comment

MAE ALL...so what browser do you use to access MWO? Tried logging in this morning and got a certificate error saying the sight was not safe. PM'd the administrator who said he wasn't getting the error but would pass it onto the web man. LOL Certificates are updated on all the different browsers, I use Chrome and it appears to be ok now.

Pi...glad to see somebody was able to post today. Ah..the hurry up and wait mode, hope you got the title issue cleared up. Dan Fogelberg...nice choice. Sunny here today but below freezing. We sure had a lot of snow over the weekend, was a bit surprised this morning. The Christmas Chronicles on Netflix has been suggested by a few people. I don't do Netflix, no room to add a monthly expense in the current budget.

Lav...bummer about the crown, hope it went smoothly. I had a crown put on one of my back teeth and it took them 3 attempts to get it on right. Took forever for the tenderness to wear off. Then I pulled it off eating some kind of candy and thought screw that, I'm not getting it put back on. Been 4 years now and no issues. Same story different family, I'm not holding my breath for anything to change and that's ok with me.

TG...figured HB was hubs but wasn't making any assumptions. More stuff and bigger toys! LOL Professional Organizer, what an interesting job. You and Pi should get together and form a company.

Pauly...you probably had problems getting on this morning too. Hope you had a good day.

Mick...so inquiring minds want to know...did the train guy show up today?

Off to start dinner, hope we all have a restful evening...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Got messages from mick & PQ this morning about the site issue. Then I went to the dentist, supposedly to have the tooth repaired & crown popped back on. Uh nada, haha! I ended up having the tooth extracted, wasn't worth saving. it's way in the back at least so it's just a little less chewing surface

PQ, I'm still using Microsoft Edge & rarely run into problems. Chrome has given me fits, haha.
                We had some sun here today too which was greatly appreciated. Stay warm up there!!!!

Cyn, I spent this afternoon working on some lace ornaments - will get pictures soon.
                Glad you have your spouse reinstalled, LOL
                Get some rest so you don't end up sick or something, yuck.

Pie, you probbaly are the only one who likes jury duty! You are a good citizen, me not so much.
                I actually worked for a title company for 18 months after I left my nursing career. It was annoying work so I opened up my little embroidery biz. I hope they get it straightened out quickly. Enjoy your nice weather.

Shouting out HELLO to everyone else.

I have my younger grandson here for another hour or so then there shall be peace
                Have a nice night everyone.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

and a good morning to all...so the licence fee has been paid eh....couldnt get on for love nor money yesterday ...even going throught the advanced reaslly foggy this morning ..way too foggy to let the miscreants out yet ...so how are we all...shall we see?

a brew foist....

hiya Lav..how are you then today?all good I hope Did you see Dabvid Attenborough open the climate change conference in Poland? made weaaay more sense than any politicain I have heard ..especially some nugget dressed as an orange blaming the fires on the folks in the state and the way they manage it ..how the fk is he still in that chair...it looks like the fog will break and be a pretty decent day here..You take care of those toofy pegs..you dont wanna be living on soup and dribbly mince (says he) Finished to sides of the worktop ..oiled and polished ..looks pretty good ..I ran out of oil ,bought some more ..a different type which is rubbish..so Ive had to order some of the other ....yep via amazon one click...

20181204_090144.jpg

hiya ppqp...how are you then? good I hope ..watching a great series ..Rocky Mountain Railroad ...train man turned up yesterday,did a fair bit of business and discussed what I wantedand how to achieve it and the adjustments I need to make ..Some of my engines arent cost effective in putting chips and sound cards in them ,simply because of the type of motors in them..so they went ..I am now left with 3 trains to be converted ,but have got my eye on another 2!Ive also got a lot of wiring on order for the houses etc..hope you have a good day in the Wild Rose county .

hiya pie ...hows you then today? good I hope ..I used to like trials ..we used to get court duty a month at a time ..extra subs ,run the courts ,and generally a doss ..ok not all the time but in the main ..as for the worktops taking the main off by sander but finishing it by hand with 240 grade flour paper ..then 4 coats of oil ,wire wooling in between each coat to denib it and final polish with beeswax..have you started project work yet?

hiya treegirl ,how are you then today? hope all is well ..yes Ive had a few rabbits ,,they have all individual personalities and traits,but these 2 ..its so nice to see 2 dutchies running together..so youve got another kid at chrimbo then eh? (hb) do you put his pressies under the tree ....?

hiya Pauly ....howare you today then ? hope all is well with you..
                  hiya sam and sk ...you both ok?

right good peeps have a good one ...

What smokes and has two eyes?
                  Pompeii.

What does a doctor do when a Chinese bloke walks in complaining of jaundice?

At the local Hindu corner store, I spent a few minutes talking to the statue of Ganesh that they keep on the counter.

I had only popped in for a bit of idol chatter.

CLASSIFIED ADVERTISEMENTS

---

Surgeon wanted for a new health centre due to open soon.
                  No experience necessary, must have own tools.

---

Mrs Mary Kelly has died, her funeral will be held at St Peter's this Friday at 2pm.

A selection of cheap second hand dresses are available from Mr Kelly, call at 10 High Street.

---

Pony for sale. Looks just like a small horse.

----

Jaguar automatic.
                  Lovely looking car, drives fantastic and very comfortable.
                  Not for sale.

---

Football for sale.
                  Autographed by Pele.
                  (Or Pete, it's hard to read).

---

Armchair for sale. Has been quite badly scratched by a kitten but the kitten has been killed so it won't get any worse.

---

Pre-owned headstone for sale. Would be ideal for someone named Mary O'Murphy.

---

(Most of these are real ads from provincial newspapers)

When we were putting out the Christmas decorations, my son asked, "Why do we hang our stockings on the mantle?"

As he's eleven now, I decided it was time to tell him the sad truth.

"Because Santa has a creepy foot fetish."

and finally......

The Muppets Warburton's Ad - The Giant Crumpet Show - YouTube
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning all
                    how's everyone doing these days, looks like we have a brief call for snow. Took down an old shed this weekend I built about 30 years ago, it finally was time, old man rot. Been having lots of music fun, one of the functions I went to had folks in a room, singing, no instrumentation, really pretty moving, the power of song! And it weren't' xmas carols!

off and running. Enjoyed reading and catching up on what everybody's been doing!

later.....
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,couldn't get on yesterday til the afternoon and by then I didn't have time to post,Romeo has a cough and was being a handful! Seems like every time he teeths he gets sick? PQ,turkey breast in the crock pot tonight,hubs made me put in some sweet potatoes too cuz he swears theyre healthier,,he reads too many Internet health sites I think,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Tuesday!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Now there's a mirror-finish to be proud of on those worktops, Mick! A labor of love, it appears. Moving the real estate deal forward is still at the top of my list this morning. About to shower, and go show up in person. Not looking forward to this, but will bring my best manners, along with persistence. Wish me luck, would you?

Comment

Evening all --

Too tired to write much now... long day and will have much to do this evening.

Great job, Mick! Hope all went well for you for a sale today. pie, PPQ, hope all is well, and something is cooking on the stove for deliciousness, , Lav, the grandmother wonderful, Pauly, the same ! Hope the boy feels better soon, SK, how's things? Sam, what a moving story about the music. Det, how's it going, what's cooking?

Off to cook a veggie based meal for HBs and me - then prep ahead for our departure on Friday, with a long day on Long Island on Thursday. I will be thinking of all I. The next few days! Wishing all the best in life...

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...glad the train guy showed up finally. Will the new CP train be ok to wire up? The whole layout is going to look great with all the lights. Nice job on the worktop so far. Heard on the radio that Amazon was delivering some packages within 9 minutes of placing the order. When should yours show up? LOL I haven't seen the Rocky Mountain Railroad but bet you get lots of ideas from it.

Sam...sounds like you're enjoying yourself. Yes, the power of song can be amazing. I hope your snow is brief cause you're probably not ready to get into the whole winter yet.

Pauly...sorry to hear Romeo is sick. Just remember, teething time will be over eventually. Didn't know what I was going to do for dinner until my son called and said he ordered pizza and wings. Dinner was wonderful. LOL Hope you had a great BF day.

Pi...some things just need to be deal with in person if you want anything done. Hope you were able to sort out the real estate deal.

TG...I bet you're tired. I'm tired just reading about everything you do in your posts. It's always a good night when I don't have to dirty any dishes. LOL And you're off again soon. You be safe on your travels.

Lav...I never did start with Microsoft Edge. After the security breach with Internet Explorer I never went back. No wonder they changed the name. I have heard good things about it though. How's the mouth feeling? Sometimes an extraction is the least painful work you can have done. Looking forward to seeing pics of the lace ornaments.

Shout out to Det & SK. Wishing everyone a restful sleep....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Ooooh Roooh ABeroooos!

Mick, thanks much as always Idol chatter? ha!

Pie, knowing my luck I'd get stuck on jury duty for some gut wrenchingly boring custody case.

Lav, quiet house now? I have to be good to my teeth as I really don't need to lose anymore myself.

Sam, so glad you are keeping up on playing music. It's benefits for neuroplasticity are tremendous. In fact i just splurged today
                              and bought a used syth/keyboard on ebay. woooot! this trailer is going to get groovy baby. Polyphonic synth with vocoder/mic and sequencer.

Pauly, I was at the barber yesterday arvo and was so distracted thinking about todays interview that I didn't notice she gave me a goatee again. ack!
                              it's pretty funny I didn't notice what she was doing to my own face. good grief LOL. she loves me in a goatee for some reason but I'm going Mr Clean for
                              simplicity. She's pretty flirty with me which is fun.

and yes, the interview. it went really well and I was there for an hour instead of the projected half hour. Will get the word next week so I'm back to being on the
                              edge of my chair here.....

wrapping prezzies for the kids still. I mis-labeled one of them....glad I caught that! snuck it back out when nobody was home like a grinch or something lol

SK and Tree, good to see you two, sorry can't backspace without losing my spot here.

oh Lav, have you tried using pecorino romano in liu of permesan? it's insanely good. I found one from Sardinia on Amazon and it's my fav cheese on
                              the planet. just had some on soup tonight.

well, off to learn something new, whatever that might be.

be well loves!
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X