9/12/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9/12/

mae all....how are se today then?hope all is good ...well the rain has finally stopped and....yep the sun is out...thats right the sun!!!!the raits have been out playing since it got light ,,its lovely to see them ..Also at the back that little stream is now a bit of a river ...I love seeing and hearing running water...my family were all Navy ,why I went into the army baffles me ..oh well...The kitchen has had its 2nd coat of oil ,its looking good,and considering the quote was for £200 per day ..it looks better ..only drawback (is it?) the kitchen is out of use ..cant use the sink or the top of the cooker..no problem ...paper plates ...and last night was pizza and oven chips ..today sausage casserole done in the slo cooker ...in the garage ..
    hiya Lav,yep sure am always on holiday ....the way I see it ..you cant take it with you ,so I aint leaving it for the govnt to tax to give to some deserving cause ....not!!!!we made a boo boo tho..we wre going to go to Sri Lanka for Julies birhtday ...the tours are all booked up ..we can go in feb or may not Mar,,,so dont know now ...I leave that up to madam ..I just do the kerching bit ..this next holiday we fly out on the 21st Dec..if you click thru the photos ,you will see its pretty hight up ...its a great little run up that hill...last time we were there I did it loads of times ..after practicing!!!..I will this time too ..I also love the sea view ..so thats where my christmas will be

HOTEL RIU VISTAMAR (Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria) - All-inclusive Resort Reviews, Photos & Price Comparison - TripAdvisor

a big hello to everyone .....hope you are all doing good ...jump in dont be shy even to say hello and hi..

takecare all

I was chatting with my neighbour who was bragging about how clever his dog was .
    He said "he knows all his toys by name and will fetch certain items by command, he fetches my slippers, I can even send him to get the paper, from the newsagent" .

I said " I know he told me "

Liverpool council finds 24 adult asylum seekers who are posing as children.

Liverpool staff fooled as they thought it normal for '13' year olds to have children.

I have some extremely bad news for fans of Justin Bieber.

Nothing's happened to him, but your music taste is absolute fcking rubbish

Therapist: “You need to go out more take up a hobby, stop doing weird things.”
    Me: “I went to the zoo”.
    Therapist: “That’s what I mean, did you get anything from that?”
    Me: opens coat “I got this penguin”.

Two chickens chat as they are walking along.

"I think I'm going to cross the road"

"I wouldn't.

You'll never hear the ****ing end of it."

A man hails a taxi, and gets inside.
    "5th and Main, please."

"You again?" says the taxi driver. "This is the 4th time I've dropped you and your wife off at work."

"Really? My wife doesn't work."

"Yes, she does. I drop her off there everyday, about an hour after I drive you to work."

"There?"

"Behind the Tillman & Lane department store."

"Interesting," says the man. "Tell you what. Pick me up in two hours, and I want you to show me where my wife works." So two hours later, the taxi arrives and takes the man to whorehouse behind Tillman & Lane.

"Hold on," said the driver. "I'll be right back."

There's a huge commotion after the driver goes in, with cursing and screaming and the sounds of breaking furniture. The driver comes out with a woman in a headlock.

"That's not my wife!" exclaims the man.

"I know. She's mine. I'm going back in for yours."

A British company is developing computer chips that store music in women's breast implants.

This is a major breakthrough!

Women are always complaining about men staring at their breasts and not listening to them.

The location of your mailbox shows you how far away from your house you can
    be in a robe, before you start looking like a mental patient.

My therapist said that my narcissism causes me to misread social situations.
    I'm pretty sure she was hitting on me.

My 60 year kindergarten reunion is coming up soon and I'm worried about the
    195 lbs. I've gained.

I'm getting kind of tired always slowly raising my hand when someone asks,
    "Who does something like that?"
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Re: 9/12/

Happy Sunday All,

Mick, looks like your resort is built into the side of a cliff? Just gorgeous.

Lav, your pocket pillows are adorable! What are the dimensions? It's hard to gauge the size from a photo.

Got my fill of conspiracy theories while out visiting Dad. It's as if he lives on an entirely different plane of existence, where nothing is as it seems, or can be taken at face value. Anything the least bit out of the ordinary is evidence of some plot. I strive at each visit to praise, or show appreciation for something he's said or done, but I'm not willing to validate any craziness. So frustrating!

Later, gators.

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Small crowd here today, huh?
      I see Sam & Byrdie, my southern neighbors are being slammed by a major snow/ice storm. I heard >500,000 people are without power, ugh.
      Just cold & cloudy here, no precipitation, thank goodness.

Mick, that's a real sleek looking hotel, how nice
      I'm sure you two will enjoy your trip!
      Glad the rain has stopped for you, geez.

Pi, those pocket pillows are 16"X16". Thinking about doing some larger ones in the future
      Your dad sounds kind of paranoid - dementia driven? It's pretty common & not always fun to deal with unfortunately. There's no need to validate his beliefs. I always told patients 'sorry I don't know what you're talking about' & left it at that. No point in trying to reorient someone & risk getting them angry & acting nasty.
      Any progress on your title yet??

Hello to all the missing folks - PQ, SK, Cyn, Pauly & Det! Hope everyone is doing OK.

Have a nice night everyone.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

mornin all...small crowd indeed ...we chosen few..Im sure thats a line from apoem somewhere ..how are we today then?no rain here again ...yipee ..I didnt realise its only 10 days till Im offski ...still got a bit to do ...one corner of the kitchen top hasnt taken properly ,,,so got to scrape it all back...oh well.
        hiya Lav ,how are you doing ? hope all is good with you ..Yes it is a smart hotel ...dont worry Ill soon bring the tone down!you done all your christmas prep .?what are the g/k getting now that they are older?Amy phoned up last night ...her and exboyfriend are having another go..only taking it slow ...now I know Im biased ,but he neednt come zooming down the road to see me..apart from that a quietish day ...redo worktop ,clean rabbits out ,car to garage (get key coded up) Oldham ..then go to Rochdale get some bitzn pieces, take junk to tip,clean up ,make tea ...job done..prpoer little housewife !have a good day .

hiya pie...hows you ? it really sounds like dementia with your dad ..maybe we could trade for a while?Julies dad is showing us cruises he is thinking of going on ...same routine every time ...trouble is the book is 2 years ood..his other memory (apart from the prison service)is the Cotton Trader ...a steam railway engine that used to do the cotton mill runs around this way when it was a massive industry...but best of luck with it all ...I know its hard going at times...

hiya everyone else ...you all ok ? right Im off to recoat the work tops ..take care .
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL....

Checking in before I head into work. Surprise visit from an old friend found us heading out to Banff for the weekend. Had a great time and didn't take my laptop. Will catch up with you all later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,just a quick hello from me too,wishing everyone a great BF Monday!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yes, it's definitely paranoia with Dad. I think when he had a younger, healthier brain, he was able to keep it in check, but it's always been part of his personality.

I've got a Monday list of things to attend to. Thankfully, it's nowhere near as long as yours, Mick.

PQ, Banff? As in the ski resort?

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...sun...2 days in a row...you must be doing something right! Did you get all your chores done today? These 10 days will fly by.

Pauly...hope you had a good day.

Pi...yes, as in the ski resort. I'm not a big skier but can get by. The thrill is staying at the Banff Springs Hotel, I love it all done up for Christmas. As long as all your Dad does is talk about things you're ok. I'd hide his credit card if I were you.

Lav...I saw the report about the storm and power outage too. We have been really spoiled lately, above freezing, no snow and plenty of sunshine. I'm hoping we have a mild winter after last year.

Det...sorry to hear you didn't get the job. Onward and upward.

Sam...hope all is ok with the weather you're having.

TG...I think I read that you were back from you travels over the weekend. Will things slow down with your clients over the holidays?

It was a really long day at work, can hardly wait till the break, which happens to start the same day Mick heads out on Jolidays. Breakfast for supper tonight and an early bedtime. Got way too much physical activity over the weekend. Hope we all have a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

yawn... good evening ABeroooodles!

my oh my, up at 4am after nodding off bout midnight. dunno what's up with that but an early crapout will be in order.

Mick, great to hear your projects are in full swing and what a neat looking resort.

One the other end of the scale, here's my 'trailer trash' Xmas decorations flying proudly up top of me here:
                  Shared album - Xring007 - Google Photos

I actually posted it on instagram under 'trailer trash art' LOL I just crack myself up.

Pie, only conspiracy I'm faced with is the one preventing me from getting my sorry bum hired. good grief Charlie Brown!
                  oh well... blasting forwards... walmart greeter may not be far off at this rate.

PPQ, physical activity from something fun i hope?

Pauly, quick cheerio right back atcha dear!

Lav, what do you put in the pockets of pocket pillows? was thinking they might be little pillows you put in your pockets (ok i didn't think
                  this through very well and I'm sleepy but the dimensions are clearly too big for that. hmmmm.

SK, Sam, yoos all good?

oh, I did watch an episode of Dr Who this eve for the first time in yonks. I loooved the series as a lad in the 80's living in the Aussie outback. My
                  only link to scifi geekiness! anyway, picking it up at season 8 and enjoyed it quite a bit so I'll slowly catch up with the doc and friends.

and that's a wrap for just now.

be well loves
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Late but saying HELLO!
                    Still cold but dry here so not complaining.

Mick, hope you got modt of your list knocked off today, ha ha!
                    I take it Amy’s boyfriend is not your favorite person? I hope things are better for them this time around. If it’s meant to be.....
                    No toys for Christmas this year, they’re all over that stage at this point. I am making pillows for each of them according to their current interests. Going to put gift cards in them so their parents can take them shopping. Easier for me

Hi Pauly!

PQ, I was wondering where you were, glad you enjoyed your weekend, sounds nice!
                    The Farmers Almanac is talking about a lot of snow for us this winter, unfortunately. I hope you don’t get it too, ugh.

Hello to Cyn & SK!

Pie, I know psychiatrists usually put elderly, confused or agitated pstients on a low dose antipsychotic with good results. This is not to chrmically restrain them or anything but to settle down the mind chatter that often leaves them out of sorts. Maybe you coukd talk to his doc about getting a Psych eval. It wouldn’t hurt.

Det, the pocket pillows were initially designed to hold books for young kids. Good for story time. Adults can use them to hold books, remotes, iPads, whatever!
                    Liked your pic but what happened to Santa’s reindeer? LOL
                    It’s been below freezing at night so I am sleeping better. Maybe you should move east.

Have a nice night everyone!
                    Lav
                    Last edited by Lavande; December 10, 2018, 10:48 PM.
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all ...howare we today then ...good I hope....another day of sunshine ...well not so much sun but not rain.rabbitsare out playing they are loving it ..I got most of the jobs done ,the only thing I didnt get done was the car key ,thats thursday morning at 9am.out for a mreal tonight ,its the anniversary of Julies brothers death ,and her sil ..wants to go out for a meal..I guess its a celebratory memorial for her .this pre holiday diet has gone tro ratsh.t raspido !!oh well.. right brew time it is..

hiya Lav ..hows you ?hope all is well ..you up to date with your chrimbo presents now ..Personally speaking great idea about gift cards for their chrimbo...a great idea would be if gran took them shopping (hee hee )
                      no I dont put Amys b/f at the top of my list...but Im sure that will be discussed along the way...at the endof the day its their lives .

hiya det ,hows you then? all good I hope .santas gone up in the world ...binned the reindeer and got a motorbike.like the mobile home btw ..that yours ? and get some sleep mate ..hows ther job scene going

hiya ppqp ..welcome back ..nice to see you..Skiing??wow ...I only ever did that once and that was on a dry slope ...the only other skiing I used to do whiskying..andyep I was pretty good ast that .I guess today then for you is aooh aah ouch day!take careand have a good one

hiya pie ...how are you then? did you manage to get any where near finishing that list..best of luck ...mine hasnt got shorter ...just different additions ..have a good one ..

hi pauly hows all in paulys ville? good i hope ..

hiya teegee and eskay ...

right folks ..see yall..

Knock knock
                      Whos there
                      Dishes .
                      Dishes who
                      Dishes sean connery .

I've told my missus not to eat the chocolate coins on the Christmas tree this year because after March they will be worth a sight more than real fcking money.

I recently visited the National Railway Museum at York.

Unfortunately it was closed.

So I had to go to the Bus Replacement Museum instead.

Theresa May: I have cancelled the commoners' vote on Brexit.

Reporter: You mean the Commons vote?.

Theresa May: I know what I fcking said.

Why are French people eating snails and frogs?

Because any bigger animal would kick their asses.

I can understand why Theresa May wants to delay the vote on Brexit in the Commons
                      Who wants to move house just before xmas?

Always wear clean underwear in public, especially when working under your vehicle...

From the Hamilton Spectator Daily News comes this story of a Burlington couple who drove their car to Wal-Mart, only to have their car break down in the parking lot.

The man told his wife to carry on with the shopping while he fixed the car in the lot.

The wife returned later to see a small group of people near the car. On closer inspection, she saw a pair of male legs protruding from under the chassis. Although the man was in shorts, his lack of underpants turned private parts into glaringly public ones. Unable to stand the embarrassment, she dutifully stepped forward, quickly put her hand UP his shorts, and tucked everything back into place. She then took a deep breath and stood up boldly to face the crowd. When she looked across the hood, she found herself staring at her husband, who had been standing idly by.

The mechanic, however, had to have three stitches in his forehead.

A woman takes her 16-year-old daughter to the doctor.

The doctor says "Okay, Mrs. Jones, what's the problem"?

The mother says, "It's my daughter, Debbie. She keeps getting these cravings. She's putting on weight, and is sick most mornings".

The doctor gives Debbie a good examination, then turns to the mother and says, "Well, I don't know how to tell you this, but your daughter is pregnant, about 4 months, would be my guess".

The mother says, "Pregnant?! She can't be. She has never ever been with a man! Have you Debbie"?

Debbie replied saying, "No mother! I've never even kissed a man, I'm still a virgin"!

The doctor walked over to the window and just stood, staring out of it.

After about five minutes pass and finally the mother says, "Is there something wrong out there doctor"?

The doctor replies, "No, not really, it's just that the last time anything like this happened, a star appeared in the east and 3 wise men came over the hill. There's just no way I'm going to miss it this time"!

Early aircraft's throttles had a ball on the end of it, in order to go full throttle the pilot had to push the throttle all the way forward into the wall of the instrument panel. Hence "balls to the wall" for going very fast. And now you know, the rest of the story.

During WWII , U.S. airplanes were armed with belts of bullets which they would shoot during dogfights and on strafing runs. These belts were folded into the wing compartments that fed their machine guns. These belts measure 27 feet and contained hundreds of rounds of bullets. Often times, the pilots would return from their missions having expended all of their bullets on various targets. They would say, ?I gave them the whole nine yards,? meaning they used up all of their ammunition.

In George Washington's days, there were no cameras. One's image was either sculpted or painted. Some paintings of George Washington showed him standing behind a desk with one arm behind his back while others showed both legs and both arms. Prices charged by painters were not based on how many people were to be painted, but by how many limbs were to be painted. Arms and legs are 'limbs,' therefore painting them would cost the buyer more. Hence the expression, 'Okay, but it'll cost you an arm and a leg.' (Artists know hands and arms are more difficult to paint.)

In the late 1700's, many houses consisted of a large room with only one chair. Commonly, a long wide board folded down from the wall, and was used for dining. The 'head of the household' always sat in the chair while everyone else ate sitting on the floor. Occasionally a guest, who was usually a man, would be invited to sit in this chair during a meal. To sit in the chair meant you were important and in charge. They called the one sitting in the chair the 'chair man.' Today in business, we use the expression or title 'Chairman' or 'Chairman of the Board.'

Personal hygiene left much room for improvement. As a result, many women and men had developed acne scars by adulthood. The women would spread bee's wax over their facial skin to smooth out their complexions. When they were speaking to each other, if a woman began to stare at another woman's face she was told, 'mind your own bee's wax.' Should the woman smile, the wax would crack, hence the term 'crack a smile'. In addition, when they sat too close to the fire, the wax would melt. Therefore, the expression 'losing face.'

Ladies wore corsets, which would lace up in the front. A proper and dignified woman, as in 'straight laced' wore a tightly tied lace.

Early politicians required feedback from the public to determine what the people considered important. Since there were no telephones, TV's or radios, the politicians sent their assistants to local taverns, pubs, and bars. They were told to 'go sip some Ale and listen to people's conversations and political concerns. Many assistants were dispatched at different times. 'You go sip here' and 'You go sip there.' The two words 'go sip' were eventually combined when referring to the local opinion and, thus we have the term 'gossip.'

At local taverns, pubs, and bars, people drank from pint and quart-sized containers. A bar maid's job was to keep an eye on the customers and keep the drinks coming. She had to pay close attention and remember who was drinking in 'pints' and who was drinking in 'quarts,' hence the phrase 'minding your 'P's and Q's'.

Comment

Hi

Recovering slowly
                        Miss u all
                        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Originally posted by SKendall View Post
                          Hi

Recovering slowly
                          Miss u all
                          SK...posted this on a different thread so pasted here.

Hi
                          Back in hospital for those of you who don't kmoe
                          Can't stand
                          Miss you all
                          On phone no puter.

You take it easy and get fully recovered....:smile:PPQP

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...glad to hear you're getting a reprieve from the rain, even if it's not sunny. I'm sure the peskies are glad to be out of their hutch. All the chores done but one, wow, that was quite a list. I hope you had a good meal tonight. Forget about the pre holiday diet and just blame the extra weight on holiday indulging. Trying to picture you skiing on a dry slope, all kinds of things come to mind. LOL Yup, it's a aooh aah ouch day, funny how it takes 2 days to materialize. I know it must be tough but you're right, at the end of the day it's their lives. I wouldn't listen to anyone either, had to do it my way and deal with the consequences.

Det...hope you were able to get a better nights sleep. I love Santa on the bike, how you. Yup, physical activity in the form of skiing which I haven't done in over 10 years!

Lav...I hope we don't get clobbered either, we could do with a year of normal snowfall. So far, so good. I love the pillow and gift card idea for the g/kids. Don't listen to Mick, let their parents take them shopping.

Pi...I'm assuming your Dad is still married. How's the new wife coping with the delusions? Get that title settled yet?

It was a good day at work, finally decided to get into setting up next year's online programs. I get so wrapped up in it the day just flies by. Bridge group is having their Xmas lunch tomorrow so it's a chef supplied meal and card playing for the afternoon. Plan on doing absolutely no work at all. LOL Hope everyone has a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Heya hiya ABerooos!

Mick, a celebratory memorial sounds positive... nice.

dishes sean connery! LOL i said that outloud like 9 times. the oddest things crack me up.

SK! you over achiever you! so glad you are communicating and resting up dear one.

Lav, looks like you're going to have to find a way to make your peace with the snow....join
                              Pie for some ski fun? or maybe join me for a low-tempo snow shoeing and photos. speaking of
                              snow one of the kiddos and her boyfriend did some sledding today at Mr Charleston. Yep, we have
                              a bit of snow only 45m from Vegas. (I'll be your tourguide as needed). I work for peanuts. Literally

Lav another one for you: I'm officially a store-keeper on etsy! yes, I have 2 animal photos up for digital download
                              and working on setting up with printly to offer printed goods from pillowcases to who knows what...
                              I'm pulling the trigger on ecommerce here so learning scads about it from youtube tutorials primarily.
                              I'll see if I can figure out how to get some free online coupons or something for yoos guys. It would help me spread
                              the word as I strive for global domination LOL.

Pauly, Sam, what's the good word?

was at home studying online all day but did manage a few sets on the weight bench which is good and yes
                              better sleep last night, yay.

that's the news for now

be well loves
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X